http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jun/19/brydan-klein-fined-suspended

What is that all about?:confused::(

angharad
06-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Wow. That's pretty bad.

Serendipitous
06-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Wow! :shock::shock:

It's not often you hear stories like that!

Winners or Errors
06-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Kid sounds like a real jerk. That said, 19 is young and parental influence may be something he can outgrow. Hopefully, this little episode teaches the primadona a lesson.

tintin
06-19-2009, 10:40 AM
First Hewitt now another nobody Aussie player?:rolleyes:

NastyWinners
06-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Janko beating some primadona butt.

equinox
06-19-2009, 11:01 AM
No big surprise really. I remember watching a match a few years back during aussie wildcard playoffs between brydan and samuel groth. He insulted groth right to his face, told him his game sucked, re: lack of athleticism and without his big service game would not have any hope of being a professional tennis player. He also didn't show much respect for flipper in his comeback match.

He's had it very good with the ais support. It's certainly not the first time he's been sanctioned by Tennis Australia for his behavior. This is a bit different with the ITF. He might get a few months ban and be forced to attend behavior modification sessions. Probably for the best. Finally keep his arrogance and ego in check.

batz
06-19-2009, 11:03 AM
No big surprise really. I remember watching a match a few years back during aussie wildcard playoffs between brydan and samuel groth. He insulted groth right to his face, told him his game sucked, re: lack of athleticism and without his big service game would not have any hope of being a professional tennis player. He also didn't show much respect for flipper in his comeback match.

He's had it very good with the ais support. It's certainly not the first time he's been sanctioned by Tennis Australia for his behavior. This is a bit different with the ITF. He might get a few months ban and be forced to attend behavior modification sessions. Probably for the best. Finally keep his arrogance and ego in check.

Guy sounds like a complete bawbag. Sounds like he was due what is coming.

InvisibleSoul
06-19-2009, 11:22 AM
I had never even heard of the term kaffir before...

equinox
06-19-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25662949-3162,00.html

Atleast he's owned up and apologised now. His management is giving him PR guidance. Very smart.

kimbahpnam
06-19-2009, 11:25 AM
For some reason I was expecting a Hewitt thread.

kimbahpnam
06-19-2009, 11:27 AM
i had actually never heard of the word before "kaffir" and had to look it up on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaffir_(racial_term)

batz
06-19-2009, 11:36 AM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25662949-3162,00.html

Atleast he's owned up and apologised now. His management is giving him PR guidance. Very smart.

Good for him. Hopefully he can learn from it and become a better person.

edberg505
06-19-2009, 12:58 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jun/19/brydan-klein-fined-suspended

What is that all about?:confused::(

I had never even heard of the term kaffir before...

i had actually never heard of the word before "kaffir" and had to look it up on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaffir_(racial_term)

I have heard that term used a few times; I know it more so from the book titled Kaffir Boy (read it in school) and from seeing it used in a Lethal Weapon movie. It kinda makes me wonder if he went out of his way just to call the guy this, knowing the guy was from South Africa (a country known for it's apartheid history). Does this Klein guy have South African roots? It just seems a little odd he would go out of his way to call the guy this since Klein is from Australia.

Cesc Fabregas
06-19-2009, 12:59 PM
What a scumbag.

Bhagi Katbamna
06-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Good for him. Hopefully he can learn from it and become a better person.

I hope so. Usually it just means he'll hide who he is better.

prosealster
06-19-2009, 04:53 PM
the guy sounds like total idiot....pity we have quite a few of them here in aus....which gives our great country such a bad name

Bud
06-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Happy to hear that Janko kicked his sorry butt in round 2.

DNShade
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I have heard that term used a few times; I know it more so from the book titled Kaffir Boy (read it in school) and from seeing it used in a Lethal Weapon movie. It kinda makes me wonder if he went out of his way just to call the guy this, knowing the guy was from South Africa (a country known for it's apartheid history). Does this Klein guy have South African roots? It just seems a little odd he would go out of his way to call the guy this since Klein is from Australia.

Lethal Weapon 2 actually...
See you can learn things from Riggs and Murtaugh besides how diplomatic immunity can be revoked.

And contrary to what you might expect now - it wasn't said by Mel in a drunken rage...

The-Champ
06-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Saw a news report from CNN about university exchange students from India who got beaten up brutally by aussie thugs. It must be the aussie weather or.....these thugs are offsprings of british criminals..

aimr75
06-19-2009, 05:55 PM
^^ your comment about offsprings of british criminals was just stupid and irrelevant..

This guy klein is an idiot, but bringing up other stories of racism insinuates all aussies are like that.. dont lump all aussies into this category because of a select few

How easy would it be to do this with what goes on in other countries..

The-Champ
06-19-2009, 06:09 PM
^^ your comment about offsprings of british criminals was just stupid and irrelevant..

This guy klein is an idiot, but bringing up other stories of racism insinuates all aussies are like that.. dont lump all aussies into this category because of a select few

How easy would it be to do this with what goes on in other countries..

I said thugs!! Read before you comment. I didn't say they were attacked by aussies....I said aussie thugs!!

featherlight
06-19-2009, 06:17 PM
that is a new low for a aussie

nfor304
06-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Saw a news report from CNN about university exchange students from India who got beaten up brutally by aussie thugs. It must be the aussie weather or.....these thugs are offsprings of british criminals..

You are more racist than Brydan klein.

The-Champ
06-19-2009, 06:46 PM
You are more racist than Brydan klein.

please point out the racist comments I made :shock:

Btw..I'm the whitest person on planet earth...Am I racist against the white aussies and the white Brits?

I said Aussie thugs (i meant just the thugs, not the whole freakin' population), I said British criminals(just the criminals, not every Brit)

Madhoshi22
06-19-2009, 06:49 PM
*sigh*

This thread has become one discussing symantics...and the people interpret them.

Back on topic, Klein's comments were despicable, and very uncalled for. I'm glad the ATP has taken these actions, we don't need that in tennis.

Tempest344
06-19-2009, 06:59 PM
that is pretty low for Klein... doesnt suprise me...he was taunting Philippoussis in a qualifiying match a couple years back as well

heftylefty
06-19-2009, 07:00 PM

Dude, I read that book Kaffir Boy, too. I took me a year to get through the first chapter because it was so heart breaking. I read his other two books Kaffir Boy in America and Love in Black and White.

malakas
06-20-2009, 12:22 AM
They have suspended him from Tennis Australia and fined him 10000 euro and I really hope they look into more allegations as they plan to.The guy is a scumbag and has been to this behaviour for years.They should ban him for 2 years for such racistic repeated behaviour.

BTW,kaffir is such an offensive word,that in South Afrika even there have been court trials for insulting personal dignity for this word.
In perth there are many afrikans,that's how Klein probably knew this.
This is a repeated behaviour not just one time he does it.

aimr75
06-20-2009, 01:53 AM
I said thugs!! Read before you comment. I didn't say they were attacked by aussies....I said aussie thugs!!

whats the point of bringing up another story related to aussies being racist? thug or no thug, youre insinuating its common place among aussies by pointing this out.. and how does the colonisation of australia bare relevance to racism today? Aside from it being a ludicrous statement, does being a criminal also mean you are racist?

Maybe YOU should read your comments before you post

Cindysphinx
06-20-2009, 03:55 AM
OK, so it is a slur that is the equivalent of the N-word?

Sorry, but anyone who uses such a slur isn't doing it out of immaturity.

malakas
06-20-2009, 03:58 AM
It's equivalent and even more offensive to south africans.People have gone to court over this in South Africa..This word is prohibited there.

tomtom1
07-09-2009, 05:27 AM
Now he is out for 6 months

Australian Davis Cup star banned for racial abuse
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2009/07/09/1246732422352.html

120mphBodyServe
07-09-2009, 06:37 AM
His face looks like an overcooked pancake.
I don't want to see some idiot from WA on TV...

THUNDERVOLLEY
07-09-2009, 07:36 AM
*sigh*

Klein's comments were despicable, and very uncalled for. I'm glad the ATP has taken these actions, we don't need that in tennis.

Agreed.

Moreover, Klein is a savage.

Oui, c'est moi.
07-09-2009, 07:55 AM
wow, i never realised that there are so many racist aussies
There aren't.

THUNDERVOLLEY
07-09-2009, 09:04 AM
There aren't.

Depends on where you go; i've seen a lot of racism toward those from Africa, India, and China in NSW. It's like the U.S.; one can visit certain regions and never see or detect racism, but in other areas, it is pretty much running through the streets like a flood, and the racists are not afraid to show it.

equinox
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
He'll have to do the racial happy happy program.

Even 4 month banned will hurt him.

Lose plenty points from his good run at the new Delhi challengers and several 1st rd wins + usa futures.

Get back by early november he can prepare himself for Australian futures and open summer campaign.

Otherwise no play till february and lose of futures win points...

And potentially a career over just like swimmer nick darcy.

rankings.

http://steveghelper.com/RankingHistory.php?player=brydan+klein&week=07%2F06%2F09&fullname=yes&country=

itf

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/activity.asp?player=100053700

stanfordtennis alum
07-09-2009, 09:51 AM
good find, interesting article..

nhat8121
07-09-2009, 10:24 AM
First Hewitt now another nobody Aussie player?:rolleyes:

what's the story on this hewitt racial scandal?

Kemitak
07-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, all those Australians are so racist!

CountryHillbilly
07-09-2009, 10:59 AM
what's the story on this hewitt racial scandal?

IT wasn't exactly racist. He had a problem with the umpire in his match with Blake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dUGXtiMNqk

Photoshop
07-09-2009, 11:25 AM
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2901/kleinbanned.jpg

This picture was just begging for a photoshop job. I could've done much worse things... I went easy on him.

tintin
07-09-2009, 11:34 AM
from Hewitt to this little punk:roll::roll::roll:

diggler
07-10-2009, 03:23 AM
This is not the first time he has been guilty.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/tennis/racial-abuser-klein-gets-six-months-to-cool-his-heels/2009/07/09/1246732428710.html

tata
07-10-2009, 03:43 AM
I think the main reason why most of this happens to Australian is because they grow in a multicultural society where they live with various cultural backgrounds. ANd because of that, rascism is more common than in other countries where everyone is the same as everyone else. I know this because i live in australia and there are just some people that cant accept diversity and often we all make stereotypes of certain cultural groups. And while its bad to do so, the sad thing is that stereotyping occurs because its true...to some extent (there are exceptions)

Ljubicic for number1
07-10-2009, 04:07 AM
Having the previous racist government for the last 12 years has certainly taken its toll on Aussie kids, when they see the prime minister, other politicians and media men like Alan Jones and John Laws pushing their hatred and the general media going along with it, it becomes second nature and the young and naive don't know any different. Very sad.

atennisrand
07-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Hah, Brydan has been a hothead from the very start, what exactly causes it and if he can stop it I cant say.

lawrence
07-10-2009, 04:54 AM

australia is actually one of the friendlier countries in the world
its definitely one of the most multicultural, the lifestyle is relaxed, and everyone is your mate ;p

tata
07-10-2009, 05:04 AM
australia is actually one of the friendlier countries in the world
its definitely one of the most multicultural, the lifestyle is relaxed, and everyone is your mate ;p

But just like every develeoped nation or city there is always a 'dark spot' within it where everything is less than ideal. In Sydney, the central business district is full of people hustling and bustling working day in and day out. Parties and clubs going off at night on weekends. But right next to it in unpopular area is the home of poor indigenous aborignal people living a crappy lifestyle where crime takes place. And australia as we know has always had a thing going on indigenous people. Overall it is friendly, if we see an old lady needing help to pushing open doors or reaching up high, most of us will lend a hand regardless of nationality we are. We live by morals but yea like i said before some people just dont accept multiculturalism- especially bogans.

diggler
07-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Australia being called racist is the biggest crock of ****. It is a multicultural society. Compare this to Japan. Japan is so racist they have negligible immigration.

nomie
07-10-2009, 07:16 AM
There have been quite a few incidences of racial abuse in Australian international cricket matches. Sorry to see this is spreading to tennis as well.

Guru
07-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Typical Aussie loud mouth

diggler
07-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Typical Aussie loud mouth

I'd like to say this is a racist comment but Australia is not one race.

diggler
07-10-2009, 07:27 AM
There have been quite a few incidences of racial abuse in Australian international cricket matches. Sorry to see this is spreading to tennis as well.

I'm not sure if the sledging is racist. I think it is personally offensive, but not racist. Please give an example if you have one.

In any case, it was bad under Steve Waugh. Ponting is not like Steve Waugh.

Guru
07-10-2009, 07:28 AM
I'd like to say this is a racist comment but Australia is not one race.

It's a nation of loud mouths :) Doesn't England own Australia ?
How can such a big country get bullied by such a small one.

nfor304
07-10-2009, 07:58 AM
It's a nation of loud mouths :) Doesn't England own Australia ?
How can such a big country get bullied by such a small one.

Are you joking? England has been consistently dominated by Australia for about 50 years. England is like Roddick to Australias Federer.

Guru
07-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Are you joking? England has been consistently dominated by Australia for about 50 years. England is like Roddick to Australias Federer.

That's not what i hear :) Isn't there flag on yours
and aren't you guys just British rejects?

I think little old England still owns Australia.

Tempest344
07-10-2009, 08:12 AM

they don't in the cricket

we're gonna win the ashes again!!

Guru
07-10-2009, 08:15 AM
they don't in the cricket

we're gonna win the ashes again!!

I wasn't talking about sports :roll:
I was talking about your place in the food chain
it's bellow the UK right? Cricket is a poor mans baseball.

rolandg
07-10-2009, 08:40 AM

Cricket is more like a rich mans baseball.

equinox
07-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Someone said he's planning on contesting the penalty and not doing the approved racial program. Pretty crazy, considering he may still be able to get partial AIS support with good behavior in a years time.

diggler
07-11-2009, 01:48 AM

The UK doesn't own Australia.

True, the British Union Jack is on the Australian flag.

True the Queen of England is technically also the Queen of Australia although if there was a cricket match between Australia and England, she would be cheering for England. Pretty degrading actually.

Apart from that, the UK doesn't own Australia. Since the passing of the Australia Act in 1986, Australia severed all legislative and judicial control by the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_Act_1986

tata
07-11-2009, 02:14 AM

True the Queen of England is technically also the Queen of Australia although if there was a cricket match between Australia and England, she would be cheering for England. Pretty degrading actually.

Apart from that, the UK doesn't own Australia. Since the passing of the Australia Act in 1986, Australia severed all legislative and judicial control by the UK.

yea i think their ties to us is just a tradition thing just for the history books.

malakas
07-11-2009, 02:38 AM
Someone said he's planning on contesting the penalty and not doing the approved racial program. Pretty crazy, considering he may still be able to get partial AIS support with good behavior in a years time.

this is very suprising!!And really bad for him,because I think it's just going to make things far worse.

batz
07-11-2009, 02:51 AM

The UK doesn't 'own' Australia - it is a sovereign country - but the Queen is the Australian Head of State is she not?

tata
07-11-2009, 03:04 AM
The UK doesn't 'own' Australia - it is a sovereign country - but the Queen is the Australian Head of State is she not?

All our laws are approved by the governor general who acts on behalf of the queen because of the powers vested into him. The Queen herself never really hears a word about our laws or has anything to say about passing bills on or not. So the link is very loose.

diggler
07-11-2009, 03:07 AM

The Queen of England is the head of state of England.

The Queen of Australia is the head of state of Australia.

batz
07-11-2009, 03:41 AM
The Queen of England is the head of state of England.

The Queen of Australia is the head of state of Australia.

Are they two different people then?

diggler
07-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Are they two different people then?

They are the same person.

diggler
07-11-2009, 07:15 AM

klein accepts ban

http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSTRE5691DR20090710?feedType=RSS&feedName=sportsNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Oui, c'est moi.
07-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Depends on where you go; i've seen a lot of racism toward those from Africa, India, and China in NSW. It's like the U.S.; one can visit certain regions and never see or detect racism, but in other areas, it is pretty much running through the streets like a flood, and the racists are not afraid to show it.
Yes one can visit certain regions in the UK and witness prejudice and in other places one would not. The point is it could happen anywhere depending on where you find yourself in a particular country. But i really don't believe "there are so many racist aussies". There are some, not 'so many'.

batz
07-11-2009, 07:33 AM
All our laws are approved by the governor general who acts on behalf of the queen because of the powers vested into him. The Queen herself never really hears a word about our laws or has anything to say about passing bills on or not. So the link is very loose.

She doesn't have much of a say in the UK either - I never said she did - just that she was Head of State of UK and Australia (and NZ?).

equinox
07-11-2009, 11:13 AM
klein accepts ban

http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSTRE5691DR20090710?feedType=RSS&feedName=sportsNews&rpc=22&sp=true

That's a relief.

Bilbo
07-11-2009, 12:56 PM
IT wasn't exactly racist. He had a problem with the umpire in his match with Blake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dUGXtiMNqk
yeah, bruh... it was pretty racist. that's like me (a black person) playing a white guy and our umpire is white, then after he gets a questionable call, i complain that he's doing it to me cuz he's white and im black, with no proof watsoever. It's racist man.

diggler
07-11-2009, 08:37 PM
yeah, bruh... it was pretty racist. that's like me (a black person) playing a white guy and our umpire is white, then after he gets a questionable call, i complain that he's doing it to me cuz he's white and im black, with no proof watsoever. It's racist man.

Of course it is racist. I just think in the heat of battle Hewitt got a bit crazy. Off the court, I don't think he is a KKK member or anything.

nfor304
07-11-2009, 09:36 PM

I misinterpreted your use of the word own. "british rejects?" Yes 250 years ago that was true, similar to the situation in the US at the time.

EDIT: just realized you are banned. How embarrassing for you.