PDA

View Full Version : I guess I was wrong..

joeri888
06-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I said Toni Nadal was clearly exaggerating things and that Rafa would no doubt play. I said I would admit that it was more serious than I could imagine if he dropped out of Wimbledon, so here I am.. I'm not warming up for Rafa as a fan, because that's not how it usually works if you deeply support the 'other guy', and never will but he's a topclass athlete and a nice guy. I hope he fully recovers and wish him all the best.

To the ones worrying and saying Toni was right I can only say I'm sorry I doubted you.

veroniquem
06-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I said Toni Nadal was clearly exaggerating things and that Rafa would no doubt play. I said I would admit that it was more serious than I could imagine if he dropped out of Wimbledon, so here I am.. I'm not warming up for Rafa as a fan, because that's not how it usually works if you deeply support the 'other guy', and never will but he's a topclass athlete and a nice guy. I hope he fully recovers and wish him all the best.

To the ones worrying and saying Toni was right I can only say I'm sorry I doubted you.
You were not the only one being wrong... It's nice to acknowledge it. I've always trusted Toni, he doesn't sugarcoat or dissimulate. He tells things exactly the way they are. It's refreshing. Nadal tried everything he could to be able to play W but it didn't work, he needed more time. I think the withdrawal was a wise decision.

Jchurch
06-19-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm still not sure how bad the injury is, but I am happy that he isn't playing if he isn't 100% and there is a risk of further damage. Even though I am a Federer fan, I'd still like him do be playing at a high level for the next couple of years. Here is to a speedy recovery and long career for Nadal

フェデラー
06-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Idk why people always think Toni Nadal is bad. If Toni wasnt here, we wouldnt have Rafa.

joeri888
06-20-2009, 12:06 AM
Idk why people always think Toni Nadal is bad. If Toni wasnt here, we wouldnt have Rafa.

Toni Nadal is far from a bad guy. He's kind of nice, very laid back. I just think he sometimes exaggerates things a bit. He maybe shouldn't have said those things about the crowd just after Rafa lost. I also think that it CAN be quite weird to have such a player-coach professional relationship between nephew and uncle. Especially if the player starts to think that he would be better off with a change of coach. I'm not saying that's the case but I just wonder how that would work out.

@ Veroniquem: He indeed says what he thinks and the way it is, and I agree that's very refreshing, but wasn't that exactly what's so bad about Roger Federer?

Sentinel
06-20-2009, 12:32 AM
I don;t think that's really true, unless you were saying it loosely.

There's a lot of respect for Unc Toni across the board (I mean nad fans, and non nad fans), for sacrificing his life to making Rafa what he is. And instilling in him the values he has.

OP, i too thought Toni was playing a trick or 2, but I don't really think of press statements like this as being bad or "not right". It's part of the game, if saying you are fine when you are not, is okay, then saying the opposite should be okay, too.

HunterST
06-20-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm a huge Federer fan so I've obviously had my share of "that damn Nadal" moments. But Nadal not being well enough to play at Wimbledon is a HUGE disappointment. Now it will seem like whoever wins will have their victory cheapened because the champ wasn't there.

sureshs
06-20-2009, 01:24 PM
How can you win one set against a world-class pro like Wawrinka with a bum knee? It doesn't add up. The "injury" is definitely not as bad as it is being publicized by camp Nadal.