PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Wimbledon Picks.

iamgoat
06-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Here is our thread where we can make our outlandish but serious Wimbledon 2009 match picks without being scorned out or being labelled a troll by those who read our picks.

Here are mine:

Benneteau d Djokovic, 1st round.
My reasoning: Benneteau is a very solid player with deep penetrating groundstrokes. If Djokovic is not on his game, he may find himself missing a lot of shots and potentially the match.

Gulbis d Murray, 2nd round.
Gulbis is destined for a big result. Unfortunately he has yet again drawn a top 3 player in the 2nd round. Unfortunate for Murray that is.

Dimitrov d Roddick, 2nd round.

clayman2000
06-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Here is our thread where we can make our outlandish but serious Wimbledon 2009 match picks without being scorned out or being labelled a troll by those who read our picks.

Here are mine:

Benneteau d Djokovic, 1st round.
My reasoning: Benneteau is a very solid player with deep penetrating groundstrokes. If Djokovic is not on his game, he may find himself missing a lot of shots and potentially the match.

Gulbis d Murray, 2nd round.
Gulbis is destined for a big result. Unfortunately he has yet again drawn a top 3 player in the 2nd round. Unfortunate for Murray that is.

Dimitrov d Roddick, 2nd round.

You need consistency to beat Djokovic..... Benneteau doesnt have that.

Murray loves Gulbis like players... absorb the pace and get them out of position

Dimitrov had a hard time returning Gilles Simons serve... how in the world is he supposed to return Roddick's

GraniteHoosier
06-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Stepanek to the SF... Nadal is out, and his game, in theory, should be taylor made for grass (I'm typing this off the top of my head without any clue of what his record at Wimby is). He would have to beat Roddick but honestly, I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility since Roddick isn't a great returner and may be playing at somewhat less than 100%(scoreline would probably be like 6-7, 7-6, 6-4, 7-6).

woodrow1029
06-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Kendrick d Murray in 4

IvanAndreevich
06-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Didn't get long for the OP to get banned again.

Mansewerz
06-19-2009, 05:38 PM
I have Tipsy beating Djokovic.

jimbo333
06-19-2009, 05:51 PM
I think Wawvrinka could beat Murray.
I think Fernando Gonzalez will beat Gilles Simon.

Otherwise my picks are pretty conservative this tournament. Federer to win, although Murray wants it bad (maybe too badly).

I too think Gonzalez is an unexpected threat:)

T1000
06-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Hewitt to beat del potro in 4

Fandango
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
is ancic playing becaus i think he can win it

フェデラー
06-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Kendrick is going to knock out murray. He almost knocked out nadal in 07 (5 sets)

AmeriTennis
06-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Fish over Djokovic (3rd round i think it is)

Serendipitous
06-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Paul-Henri Mathieu will make the fourth round.

Chardy will beat Roddick.

Schwank will beat Wawrinka.

Korolev will beat Andreev.

Seppi will beat Blake.

Tipsarevic will make the fourth round.

If I'm wrong on any prediction you can bash me.

dincuss
06-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Gulbis For The Win

tomn
06-19-2009, 09:41 PM
anyone see any chance of federer getting upset before the final? i really think that his half (not quarter) of the draw is piece of cake...hope sampras is brought in for the final (front row seats)

jamesblakefan#1
06-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Blake will beat Djokovic in the QF. If-, no, when that happens, I will go into full blown Blaketard mode, finally. And finally shut Djokovic fans up.

kevvycore
06-19-2009, 11:22 PM
dent over murray in 3rd round!
the return of the serve and volly!!

MarcRosset1992
06-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Paul-Henri Mathieu will make the fourth round.

Chardy will beat Roddick.

Schwank will beat Wawrinka.

Korolev will beat Andreev.

Seppi will beat Blake.

Tipsarevic will make the fourth round.

If I'm wrong on any prediction you can bash me.

That is a courageous call:D I don't think Schwank has been on a grass couple more than half a dozen times in his life.

フェデラー
06-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Blake will beat Djokovic in the QF. If-, no, when that happens, I will go into full blown Blaketard mode, finally. And finally shut Djokovic fans up.

I find this very possible. 1) Djokovic just got shat upon by Tommy Haas and if was him id feel like crap. 2) Since Djoker's switch to head his strokes arent powerful anymore, Blake's big hitting on grass will blow him off the court. 3) Blake's mother is english, the crowd will be rooting for him.

MarcRosset1992
06-19-2009, 11:54 PM
I find this very possible. 1) Djokovic just got shat upon by Tommy Haas and if was him id feel like crap. 2) Since Djoker's switch to head his strokes arent powerful anymore, Blake's big hitting on grass will blow him off the court. 3) Blake's mother is english, the crowd will be rooting for him.

Blake is useless in slams generally and at Wimbledon in particular. He will be out by Saturday against either Cilic or Haas

devila
06-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Unlike Blake and Federer, Haas doesn't have his mom cry a river on TV and then write autobiographies to cash in on his troll fans' love.

jamesblakefan#1
06-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Unlike Blake and Federer, Haas doesn't have his mom cry a river on TV and then write autobiographies to cash in on his troll fans' love.

Can someone please, PLEASE, let me rip this guy a new one, or do I have to risk getting banned for this dumb arse? Do you even realize how dumb you are? I'm sorry, but this guy's been going around ripping Federer and Roddick all day for no reason, and now he rips Blake? Maybe I'm overreacting when I say this, but you're a dumb *** who needs to STFU.

malakas
06-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Safin Federer final.

Tony48
06-20-2009, 03:55 AM
Why was the OP banned?

jimbo333
06-20-2009, 04:28 AM
dent over murray in 3rd round!
the return of the serve and volly!!

If there is one player that won't beat Murray, it's Dent!!!

CountryHillbilly
06-20-2009, 05:20 AM
Djokovic can get knocked out by either Fish or Haas.

Fandango
06-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Can someone please, PLEASE, let me rip this guy a new one, or do I have to risk getting banned for this dumb arse? Do you even realize how dumb you are? I'm sorry, but this guy's been going around ripping Federer and Roddick all day for no reason, and now he rips Blake? Maybe I'm overreacting when I say this, but you're a dumb *** who needs to STFU.

Just chill man. Nothing worth getting banned for.

Fedgasm
06-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I think Wawvrinka could beat Murray.
I think Fernando Gonzalez will beat Gilles Simon.

Otherwise my picks are pretty conservative this tournament. Federer to win, although Murray wants it bad (maybe too badly).

This isn't exactly a wild pick.

T1000
06-21-2009, 07:58 PM

wow, I actually know James and his family (his mom taught me how to play tennis and I've hit with James at least a dozen times) Do you have any idea what James went through? His father dies and he has to face the reality that he might be paralyzed and never play again. They are very nice and well behaved people. At least know what you're talking about before yo come here trolling and spewing nonsense

end rant

tacou
06-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Hewitt d Del Potro but I dont think that's much of an upset.

Roddick will eat Dimitrov, should Grigor make it to r2

grafrules
06-21-2009, 09:12 PM

Check his posting history. I have no idea what his agenda is but he is nuts.

zagadka
06-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Gulbis d Murray, 2nd round... I want to see Gulbis is ON. it is such a joy.

I hope Safin-Federer final. I got to be good.

IvanAndreevich
06-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Gulbis d Murray, 2nd round... I want to see Gulbis is ON. it is such a joy.

I hope Safin-Federer final. I got to be good.

Oh man imagine Safin beating Fed in a epic 5 setter? LMAO

Leublu tennis
06-22-2009, 01:37 AM
You need consistency to beat Djokovic..... Benneteau doesnt have that.

Murray loves Gulbis like players... absorb the pace and get them out of position

Dimitrov had a hard time returning Gilles Simons serve... how in the world is he supposed to return Roddick'sVery good points.

Sentinel
06-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Vince Spadea to win WO.

Relax, he/she is not worth your attention, just ignore her. she'll go away sooner or later if ignored.

jamesblakefan#1
06-22-2009, 02:07 AM
don't worry, I ignore listed that fool. Perfect solution.

Serendipitous
06-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Well, at least one of my predictions came true.....

navratilovafan
06-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Azarenka beating Serena Williams- quarters
Azarenka beating Venus Williams- final