PDA

View Full Version : Nadal strategy to win the usopen and the masters cup?

_maxi
06-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Maybe Nadal does feel well to play Wimbledon.. but he and his uncle know that if he does the effort then his knees will suffer at the rest of the season.. and he knows that he loses 2800 points (wimb+og) and may lose the n1 position too, but he hasnt much more to defend after and he will be more rested to play the usopen and masters cup with all his force.

What's my point? I'm not saying that he is 100%, because, for example, he was playing RG and other tournaments before and then all of the sudden, he is injured? I don't think so.. I think that he has pain like he has all the time, a bit more this time.. but he could play and make a good run at wimbledon. The thing is that that would let him with not many chances in the end of the season, just like the past year, and that's what's in his mind... complete the career slam and win some masters and the master cup.. what will mean nice points that he may don't have the chance to win if he thinks only in the 2000 points of wimbledon.

Pd: yes I have nothing to do.

Tennis_Bum
06-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Maybe Nadal does feel well to play Wimbledon.. but he and his uncle know that if he does the effort then his knees will suffer at the rest of the season.. and he knows that he loses 2800 points (wimb+og) and may lose the n1 position too, but he hasnt much more to defend after and he will be more rested to play the usopen and masters cup with all his force.

What's my point? I'm not saying that he is 100%, because, for example, he was playing RG and other tournaments before and then all of the sudden, he is injured? I don't think so.. I think that he has pain like he has all the time, a bit more this time.. but he could play and make a good run at wimbledon. The thing is that that would let him with not many chances in the end of the season, just like the past year, and that's what's in his mind... complete the career slam and win some masters and the master cup.. what will mean nice points that he may don't have the chance to win if he thinks only in the 2000 points of wimbledon.

Pd: yes I have nothing to do.

It is a possibility, as always Nadal has a chance to win US Open and Master Cup. But those chances are low. Before the US Open begins, there is a US Open series event, a lot of hard court tennis to be played out before the US Open. You can't simply show up for the US Open, unless you skip those master events. Hard court tennis take a beating on your knees. That would hurt Nadal. Then after the US Open, there are other master events, indoor, and they are on hard court also. So that will be very tough for Nadal to win US Open and master cup.

It's a possible but highly unlikely scenario.

jackson vile
06-20-2009, 10:02 AM
I don' think Nadal's team is looking for masters cup, but for sure they are looking to get as many masters as reasonable.

Further more it looks and sounds like they are making a strategic decision to skip Wim., get healed up, work on some changes, and get ready for the USO.

The thing is that we did not hear any of this Knee this and that until after his super early loss. So Nadal did not even go through the grind that he usually does every year.

So why did they do it then ie skip Wim. That announcement was even rumored until after Roger made his Career Grand Slam........ Strange that......

The Nadal camp is looking to stay on par if not exceed Roger, by achieving the same career grand slam in the same year Roger does, but with Nadal at age 23. This brings everything back to Nadal taking it away from Roger.

Now the question is, will it work? It is a gamble IMO and I think they know that, but in seeing Nadals miracles since his first FO win I will not second guess him.

In the end we will have to wait and see..............

R.Federer
06-20-2009, 10:25 AM
ahah wtf nadal didnt skip wimbledon on purpose 2 get ready for the hard court season theres a hell of a lot more guys who can take nadal out at the us open than at wimbledon