PDA

View Full Version : Who to cheer for?

dincuss
06-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Who are Nadal fans mainly cheering for in wimby?
Murray, Djokovic?

no flame war please :)

maximo
06-20-2009, 08:42 AM
They must cheer for Murray!!

Blinkism
06-20-2009, 08:47 AM
I know that I'm cheering for Djokovic and Safin...

My brain tells me Federer will win, though.

Lotto
06-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Well you see, I'm a federer fan, so, I'm behind Federer 100%...if Federer doesnt play or get knocked out I become an "Anyone but Nadal" and cheer for anybody who's playing Nadal, even if its Murray or Djokovic....then if Federer and Nadal arent playing or arent still in it(grand slam only) I cheer for anyone playing Murray or Djokovic....if Fed and Rafa arent in masters or lower tournaments I dont care :D lol

malakas
06-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Grigor Dimitrov,Safin,Hewitt,Gulbis,Roddick,Tsonga..there are so many to cheer for!

dincuss
06-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Grigor Dimitrov,Safin,Hewitt,Gulbis,Roddick,Tsonga..there are so many to cheer for!

Sweet, dimitrov?
he got a wildcard?
awesome.
That kids got the stuff

woodrow1029
06-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Soderling for sure

malakas
06-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Sweet, dimitrov?
he got a wildcard?
awesome.
That kids got the stuff

yup!:) His first round is Igor Kunitsyn which imo is winnable and next is Roddick..:( Oh well..he could have a better draw,but it will be nice to cheer for him even for 2 matches!:p

Serendipitous
06-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Ernests Gulbis

VivalaVida
06-20-2009, 09:51 AM
R Fed. 10 char.

NotSoSuper
06-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Im going for a Safin-Fed final.

Blue Drop
06-20-2009, 10:10 AM
I dunno, when Fed's out I usually cheer for Nadal. I don't really see being a fan of one meaning you can't be for the other. Nadal's got heart, gotta give it to him.

But otherwise I'd say Murray. Would be good to see the kid take a slam. He's worked really hard, unlike some others.

mzzmuaa
06-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Yea.
Being a Nadal fan doesn't exclude you from being a Federer fan. You'd have to be an idiot to cheer against one if you are looking for quality tennis.

Blinkism
06-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I know that I'm cheering for Djokovic and Safin...

My brain tells me Federer will win, though.

Actually, I thought out my answer a bit more.

The best scenario for Nadal would be if

Djokovic wins Wimbledon, Murray is the Finalist, and Federer is a semi-finalist.

Obviously, best scenario is if neither makes it past the first week, but i'm talking about best scenario in realistic terms.

That way, Djoko becomes #3, but he'd only be like 50 points ahead of Murray, and Fed would only be like another 50 points ahead of Djoko, so everyone ranked 2-4 would be very close to each other. Whereas, Nadal would be like 150-200 points ahead of the rest of the Top 4, which is a sizeable enough lead until his Olympic points drop. This would cushion his inevitable drop from #1 and give him an extra week or 2, most likely, at #1. It would give him some space to get the #1 spot back at the end of the year, though, as the other contender for #1 wouldn't be a clear frontrunner, and there would be a 4-way contest to #1. If Fed wins, then the chance of Nadal re-gaining #1 is very slim.

I know it's desperate, but that's just how I look at it from a selfish Nadal fan point of view. I'm also a Djokovic fan and don't really like Murray, and would love to see Fed in the final.

matchmaker
06-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Djokovic, when he is on, is a pleasure to watch.

TennisandMusic
06-20-2009, 12:54 PM
I really don't think people should be worrying about Nadal's ranking. He doesn't deserve to be number 1 if he can't win the tournaments, so saying so and so should lose here and win there for Nadal's benefit is the wrong approach. If Nadal wants to be number 1 he should do better to be healthy and win, period.

I'd probably be rooting for Murray. I think he's my second favorite. I also like Monfils, but he's out too I believe. Not that he would have much of a chance anyway.

Cesc Fabregas
06-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Im cheering for Djokovic.

Leelord337
06-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Sweet, dimitrov?
he got a wildcard?
awesome.
That kids got the stuff

he definitely does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zNApQuv4U

1st Seed
06-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Frank Dancevic,Roddick,Hewitt,Haas,Stepanek,Safin
Serena,Wozniak,Venus,
Big Fan of all these pro's,still it's going to be tough to dismantle the cry baby

Blinkism
06-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I really don't think people should be worrying about Nadal's ranking. He doesn't deserve to be number 1 if he can't win the tournaments, so saying so and so should lose here and win there for Nadal's benefit is the wrong approach. If Nadal wants to be number 1 he should do better to be healthy and win, period.

I'd probably be rooting for Murray. I think he's my second favorite. I also like Monfils, but he's out too I believe. Not that he would have much of a chance anyway.

Oh I know, I just meant for when Nadal gets back into the game, I'm hoping it would be easier for him.

My scenario is only to give him another week or 2 as #1, sure, but in the end all I would like for him is to have it easier for the rest of the year to get back to #1.

He obviously wouldn't deserve to be #1 if he can't play like a #1, but I just think it sucks that he should drop to #3 or, potentially, #4 just because his bum knee put him out for 2 or so months, when before that he was CLEARLY the best player...

malakas
06-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Actually, I thought out my answer a bit more.

The best scenario for Nadal would be if

Djokovic wins Wimbledon, Murray is the Finalist, and Federer is a semi-finalist.

Obviously, best scenario is if neither makes it past the first week, but i'm talking about best scenario in realistic terms.

That way, Djoko becomes #3, but he'd only be like 50 points ahead of Murray, and Fed would only be like another 50 points ahead of Djoko, so everyone ranked 2-4 would be very close to each other. Whereas, Nadal would be like 150-200 points ahead of the rest of the Top 4, which is a sizeable enough lead until his Olympic points drop. This would cushion his inevitable drop from #1 and give him an extra week or 2, most likely, at #1. It would give him some space to get the #1 spot back at the end of the year, though, as the other contender for #1 wouldn't be a clear frontrunner, and there would be a 4-way contest to #1. If Fed wins, then the chance of Nadal re-gaining #1 is very slim.

I know it's desperate, but that's just how I look at it from a selfish Nadal fan point of view. I'm also a Djokovic fan and don't really like Murray, and would love to see Fed in the final.

this could easily be the WORSE scenarion for Nadal :mrgreen:
Because,after a long lay-off he will have to jump straight to the hard-courts which is the worst surface for his body and game,and right away defend tournaments.So he can easily fall to no.4.:p

Aabye
06-20-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm cheering for Murray, then Djokovic.

TennisandMusic
06-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh I know, I just meant for when Nadal gets back into the game, I'm hoping it would be easier for him.

My scenario is only to give him another week or 2 as #1, sure, but in the end all I would like for him is to have it easier for the rest of the year to get back to #1.

He obviously wouldn't deserve to be #1 if he can't play like a #1, but I just think it sucks that he should drop to #3 or, potentially, #4 just because his bum knee put him out for 2 or so months, when before that he was CLEARLY the best player...

Well those are the breaks. :-P

I would like to see Nadal do well, but if he is too stubborn, or just plain stupid, to not change up his schedule and not be more aggressive with his shot making then...well what happens, happens.

Blinkism
06-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Frank Dancevic,Roddick,Hewitt,Haas,Stepanek,Safin
Serena,Wozniak,Venus,
Big Fan of all these pro's,still it's going to be tough to dismantle the cry baby

I can see him getting to the second round, sure, but can he get through Karlovic in the second round? I think he can, and then he'd be up against Tsonga, most likely, and that's where I don't see him going forward.

He's be the dark horse in his part of the draw, for sure.

Blinkism
06-20-2009, 01:08 PM
this could easily be the WORSE scenarion for Nadal :mrgreen:
Because,after a long lay-off he will have to jump straight to the hard-courts which is the worst surface for his body and game,and right away defend tournaments.So he can easily fall to no.4.:p

Well the best scenario for Nadal would be if guys ranked lower than 50 were the only ones past the Quarterfinals, and the rest of the top 10 lost before the second week.

But then Wimbledon would suck for us all!

malakas
06-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Well the best scenario for Nadal would be if guys ranked lower than 50 were the only ones past the Quarterfinals, and the rest of the top 10 lost before the second week.

But then Wimbledon would suck for us all!

haha you think?I would LOVE to see Safin win a slam,in his worst surface no less!Or Dimitrove!imagine that!Or Berdych..Or Santoro!!:Dyeah right..lol

Blinkism
06-20-2009, 10:24 PM
haha you think?I would LOVE to see Safin win a slam,in his worst surface no less!Or Dimitrove!imagine that!Or Berdych..Or Santoro!!:Dyeah right..lol

Dimitrov-Gulbis final?:):):)

tahiti
06-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Djokovic, Murray, Tsonga, Dimitrov.