PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's Wimbledon points

ctmcarlo
06-20-2009, 09:25 AM
What happens now with Nadal's points that he had to defend at Wimbledon? Does he lose them or will he keep it because he withdrew :-?

R.Federer
06-20-2009, 09:26 AM
he will lose them

malakas
06-20-2009, 09:31 AM
roflmao keep them because he withdraw?:mrgreen: if that was the case,everyone would withdrew :mrgreen:

No,he will lose them.And he will lose his OG points as well,even though he doesn't have the chance to defend at all.

Serendipitous
06-20-2009, 09:52 AM
roflmao keep them because he withdraw?:mrgreen: if that was the case,everyone would withdrew :mrgreen:

No,he will lose them.And he will lose his OG points as well,even though he doesn't have the chance to defend at all.

Olympic Games?

ambro
06-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Olympic Games, indeed.

malakas
06-20-2009, 09:54 AM
yes.800 points off.And then Cinci and Montreal..he's got so many points to defend now that if Murray and Federer both go to the final of Wimby,there's a good chance he will drop to no.3

jelle v
06-20-2009, 09:54 AM
edit: never mind

Serendipitous
06-20-2009, 09:55 AM
yes.800 points off.And then Cinci and Montreal..he's got so many points to defend now that if Murray and Federer both go to the final of Wimby,there's a good chance he will drop to no.3

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

malakas
06-20-2009, 09:56 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm sorry,because he won't even get the chance to defend his wimby and og ones..well marcos too will probably drop to 200 after his injury so I know how you feel..and worse!

Serendipitous
06-20-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm sorry,because he won't even get the chance to defend his wimby and og ones..well marcos too will probably drop to 200 after his injury so I know how you feel..and worse!

Thanks for consoling me. I feel 100% better. :):):)

malakas
06-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for consoling me. I feel 100% better. :):)

haha it's always comforting to see someone having it worse eh?

But now I don't feel well!!:mad: :(

Serendipitous
06-20-2009, 10:03 AM
haha it's always comforting to see someone having it worse eh?

But now I don't feel well!!:mad: :(

No, no, I'm don't feel better because you feel bad. I do feel sorry for you and Mr. Bags.

I hope you feel better. Maybe you should have another look at the "Fed's talk w/Nadal post match" thread in the pro results section. :-D:-D

Telepatic
06-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Roflmao if Murray gets higher ranked then Nadal seriously..

malakas
06-20-2009, 10:06 AM
No, no, I'm don't feel better because you feel bad. I do feel sorry for you and Mr. Bags.

I hope you feel better. Maybe you should have another look at the "Fed's talk w/Nadal post match" thread in the pro results section.

thanx Ser!Maybe you can make a picsam with Marcos?:D :D
just not with him competing with Nalby who eats more muffins!!:(

mandy01
06-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Nadal will be just fine..I think he likes being the underdog..so who knows,maybe , if (and its still a big 'if') he loses the number 1 spot he might start to play better.
He's young ..just injured.he's not retired or something.
He'll be fine.

Sleepstream
06-20-2009, 10:08 AM
If Nadal drops to 3, we could possibly see a Fed-Nadal semi at the USO.

malakas
06-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Roflmao if Murray gets higher ranked then Nadal seriously..

Murray could very soon be higher ranked than BOTH Nadal and Federer.

zapvor
06-20-2009, 10:09 AM
is there a site that details all the points system?

DarthFed
06-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Nadal will be just fine..I think he likes being the underdog..so who knows,maybe , if (and its still a big 'if') he loses the number 1 spot he might start to play better.
He's young ..just injured.he's not retired or something.
He'll be fine.

Your being a little too optimistic..things wont be the same..he lost his No1 aura and is injured simultaneously.

This must be HUGE if he skipped defending the tournament that he's wanted to win since he was a boy...:(

NamRanger
06-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Ah, such great days. Nadal going to not be world #1, Djokovic still in a massive slump, Roddick playing as best as he can, and on top of it all, I don't see "OMG NADAL IS TEH G0DZ)RZ OF TEWHP WORLD LOL!@#!@$!@#!" threads.

I don't think TW could be any better.

malakas
06-20-2009, 10:17 AM
is there a site that details all the points system?

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tournaments/Tournament-Landing.aspx

zapvor
06-20-2009, 10:19 AM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tournaments/Tournament-Landing.aspx

JoshDragon
06-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Ah, such great days. Nadal going to not be world #1, Djokovic still in a massive slump, Roddick playing as best as he can, and on top of it all, I don't see "OMG NADAL IS TEH G0DZ)RZ OF TEWHP WORLD LOL!@#!@$!@#!" threads.

Rafa will smite you for saying that.

lol.:)

NamRanger
06-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Rafa will smite you for saying that.

lol.:)

Federer will essentially regain the world #1. I don't see Federer losing at Wimbledon until the SF, and he has literally 0 points to defend at Cincinnati and the Canadian masters. Meanwhile, Nadal has to defend his title, loses 800 Olympic points, and has to defend his QF at Cincinnati. Most likely, Federer enters the USO at world #1.

JoshDragon
06-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Federer will essentially regain the world #1. I don't see Federer losing at Wimbledon until the SF, and he has literally 0 points to defend at Cincinnati and the Canadian masters. Meanwhile, Nadal has to defend his title, loses 800 Olympic points, and has to defend his QF at Cincinnati. Most likely, Federer enters the USO at world #1.

Yeah, I agree. With bad knees I don't think Nadal will be able to win the US Open so I'm guessing Roger will win Wimby and either he or Murray win the US. It looks like Roger will end the year #1 unless he slumps again.

maddogz32
06-20-2009, 11:10 AM

why does he lose OG points, when there is no OG going on right know

malakas
06-20-2009, 12:31 PM
why does he lose OG points, when there is no OG going on right know

errhmm..how to explain it..let's see..
Each year everyone earns points from tournament,right?Next year,1 week before the tournament starts,the points from last years' tournaments fall off.If a player doesn't participate in the new years' tournament his points just fall off,and he doesn't gain any new.Like Rafa now in Wimby.Like Rafa now in OG.There are no OG,so his points just fall off and he doesn't gain any new ones.

TennisandMusic
06-20-2009, 12:34 PM

Are the quality of your days guided by the goings-on of a tennis board? :-P

Is your happiness and mood dictated by pro tennis results?

NamRanger
06-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Are the quality of your days guided by the goings-on of a tennis board? :-P

Is your happiness and mood dictated by pro tennis results?

Nope. They aren't. The quality of this board however, has drastically improved since Federer shut you and the rest of your troll band up.

TennisandMusic
06-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Nope. They aren't. The quality of this board however, has drastically improved since Federer shut you and the rest of your troll band up.

Last time I looked I am still posting, and I am also no troll. Can you please explain how I "troll"? Or who my "band" is? I just point out the absurdity of so many posts here, and I'm sorry if some people can't handle that. The fact that it apparently angers a few means I must be pretty close to the mark.

You do realize that Federer is going to go down someday soon again, and it will start back up right? Everything comes and goes, and the current situation will once again change. Are you going to be unhappy then? In a year or two tennis will probably be the Murray show, so what then? In ten-twenty years the kids are going to be on this board saying "Federer sucks" (like Laver, Borg, Lendl, and Sampras now do) because they weren't around when he was playing.

And I thought you were a Roddick fan? How can you possibly be pleased with the current situation when Roddick is still sucking as hard as he ever has? Do you just hate Nadal and you're happy to see him have a rough time, or are you a closet Federer fan? Hard to figure out I guess since you say you like Roddick, but you talk mostly about Nadal.

Just another trolling post right? Ha.

NamRanger
06-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Last time I looked I am still posting, and I am also no troll. Can you please explain how I "troll"? Or who my "band" is? I just point out the absurdity of so many posts here, and I'm sorry if some people can't handle that. The fact that it apparently angers a few means I must be pretty close to the mark.

You do realize that Federer is going to go down someday soon again, and it will start back up right? Everything comes and goes, and the current situation will once again change. Are you going to be unhappy then? In a year or two tennis will probably be the Murray show, so what then? In ten-twenty years the kids are going to be on this board saying "Federer sucks" (like Laver, Borg, Lendl, and Sampras now do) because they weren't around when he was playing.

And I thought you were a Roddick fan? How can you possibly be pleased with the current situation when Roddick is still sucking as hard as he ever has? Do you just hate Nadal and you're happy to see him have a rough time, or are you a closet Federer fan? Hard to figure out I guess since you say you like Roddick, but you talk mostly about Nadal.

Just another trolling post right? Ha.

Yeah, I'd love to be sucking as hard as Roddick. He's only the world #6.

Personally, I just like making fun of people like you who try to appear to be "objective" or "righteous" when in reality you're nothing but a sore loser fanboy. Your amount of Federer bashing has increased 100 fold since Nadal lost at the FO, and you throw every excuse out there in order to preserve your hero.

Such gems such as "Nadal has been playing terrible all year long" are absolutely hilarious. Yeah you know, the guy that leads the tour with 5 titles, won the AO, and 3 Master Titles. That guy has been playing HORRIBLY.

Or better yet, you say all of Federer's opponents choked, yet when Nadal comes from behind to win, it's because of his mental toughness. Haas is a choker, Del Potro is a choker, Soderling is a choker, Acusuco is a choker, etc. I guess all of Federer's opponents are just plain scared of the most mentally weak player in the game right? That's GOT to be it. That pansy that cried at the AO somehow can scare opponents into choking! Damn, I wonder what's his secret.

I could give a rats *** about Federer or Nadal; However, what I do hate are people who put up a front and act as if though they are holy and everything they say is right. You have your opinion, and I have mine. However; you don't see me trying to shove it up everyone's *** that Roddick is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You on the other hand, make an effort to bash Federer in nearly every thread you post, whether it is relevant to the discussion or not. You act as if everything you say is right, and everything that a non-Nadal fan says is wrong. You use your "age" as a means of superiority.

Guess what. Using your so called years of experience doesn't show anything. In reality, it just shows that you're still an immature little kid inside of that old thick head of yours.