PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simons calls Fed's mono "mysterious"

sureshs
06-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Inside Tennis, July 2009, has the very respected tennis journalist (not to be confused with a namesake) Bill Simons saying this on page 4:

"Thanks to Rafa and a mysterious bout with mono, Federer's presumed cakewalk ......"

To me, it is clear that he never bought the mono story.

tudwell
06-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes. Very fishy. Almost as fishy as Nadal's tendonitis.

sureshs
06-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Nadal's tendinitis is in his head

NamRanger
06-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Nadal's tendinitis is in his head

Hey look, someone who believes athletes injuries are all made up. I love it!

Actually, I wouldn't put it past either of them to make up excuses in order to maintain their egos. All athletes must have huge amounts of confidence to succeed, and some make up excuses in order to maintain that confidence.

mzzmuaa
06-20-2009, 10:14 AM
agassi pussed out against bejamin becker. his back was fine, just as it was in the baghdatis match

zagor
06-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Inside Tennis, July 2009, has the very respected tennis journalist (not to be confused with a namesake) Bill Simons saying this on page 4:

"Thanks to Rafa and a mysterious bout with mono, Federer's presumed cakewalk ......"

Good for the respected Bill Simons then.Nobody's forcing him to believe it anyway and I personally doubt Fed gives a crap.

joeri888
06-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Good for the respected Bill Simons then.Nobody's forcing him to believe it anyway and I personally doubt Fed gives a crap.

A respected journalist shouldn't say crap like that. If he doesn't believe it, say it out loud, It's worth a whole 3 pages if he is convinced and has evidence that Fed's mono was fake (what does Fed win with that anyway?) but don't be a coward and doubt it 'between the lines'.

@ OP: what was the context of that part of the sentence?

sureshs
06-20-2009, 01:22 PM
A respected journalist shouldn't say crap like that. If he doesn't believe it, say it out loud, It's worth a whole 3 pages if he is convinced and has evidence that Fed's mono was fake (what does Fed win with that anyway?) but don't be a coward and doubt it 'between the lines'.

@ OP: what was the context of that part of the sentence?

It was how Federer's reign was ending (and later of course it was about his comeback)

pound cat
06-20-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't see any reason to take as absolute truth any injury issue a player may say he has.

I don't really believe Safin pulled out of Queens because he had a "back injury" when he was pictured the next day (in Russia opening a new tennis court" hitting a huge serve. And playing at Fortis the next week (back in london) at an exo that must have paid him lots of $ to be there along with Nadal, Blake, Wawrinka, Berdych.

And I don't think he makes up injuries any more or less than any other player does.

Anyone who takes at face value everything players say is naive. It's part of "the game"

Swissv2
06-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I find it dumb that this "respected journalist" didn't do any research into his "findings".

Story dismissed.

sureshs
06-20-2009, 01:56 PM
^^^ Many other writers and commentators have also taken the same view.

CyBorg
06-20-2009, 01:58 PM
What's the problem? Federer's mono is mysterious. We know very little about it, the extent of it, the type, when it began and ended, the exact diagnosis...

He didn't say he doubted the mono claim.

malakas
06-20-2009, 01:58 PM
^^^ Many other writers and commentators have also taken the same view.

who else than this respected journalist?

sureshs
06-20-2009, 02:00 PM
who else than this respected journalist?

Peter Bozo, JMac (the tone with which he commented on this), and if I remember right, Martina N too. And many more I don't remember.

malakas
06-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Peter Bozo, JMac (the tone with which he commented on this), and if I remember right, Martina N too. And many more I don't remember.

Peter Bozo would say that Federer was from Mars,if that helped his continuous Fed hating.
and you interpreted by the TONE of Jmac that he found it suspicious?lol sorry but I don't trust the interpretation of your veteran trolling brain.

sureshs
06-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Peter Bozo would say that Federer was from Mars,if that helped his continuous Fed hating.
and you interpreted by the TONE of Jmac that he found it suspicious?lol sorry but I don't trust the interpretation of your veteran trolling brain.

Then you could also say my interpretation of "mysterious" is wrong and Bill Simons was really writing about something like a Sherlock Holmes situation, and not implying that the mono was exaggerated.

You don't expect a commentator to question Federer's veracity. You have to go by the tone and the sentence construction.

malakas
06-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Then you could also say my interpretation of "mysterious" is wrong and Bill Simons was really writing about something like a Sherlock Holmes situation, and not implying that the mono was exaggerated.

You don't expect a commentator to question Federer's veracity. You have to go by the tone and the sentence construction.

no.Because his comment is written and I can read it for myself.But trusting your own interpretation of some obscure comment Jmac allegedly made when and where I don't know..is too much.:)

But nice try though.
I also want to comment you,because you don't make prejudice as to whom to troll.:) That's very nice,and put you in a better category than other trolls in my eyes.Kudos!

GraniteHoosier
06-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure that JMac was convinced that he was ill in the beginning of 2008, I don't recall him ever saying otherwise. In any event, it's really kind of old news now anyway, time to move forward.

Cesc Fabregas
06-20-2009, 02:19 PM
What's the problem? Federer's mono is mysterious. We know very little about it, the extent of it, the type, when it began and ended, the exact diagnosis...

He didn't say he doubted the mono claim.

Don't worry BreakPoint will fill you in on the details.

Cenc
06-20-2009, 02:20 PM
someone mentioned "type" of mono?
good article about mono although some things arent said very clearly but definitely worth reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleosis
so yeah good question which type of mono fed had suffered from???
wait i know the answer, non-existent type :D

dennis10is
06-20-2009, 04:57 PM
It was a cover up.

His hair stylist made a mistake and Fed had to wear a wig. It bothered him so much that his hair was messed up that he could not concentrate on tennis. After a year, his hair fully recovered.

gj011
06-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Fed's supposed mono was not mysterious, it was fake.

VivalaVida
06-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Just like every single one of Djokovic's retirements. :rolleyes:

Cyan
06-20-2009, 06:32 PM

It wasn't mono but an intoxication from eating Mirka's food!

FEDEXP
06-20-2009, 06:38 PM
What bull doody this tread is. And Suresh, if you want to be taken seriously, quotes please.

BreakPoint
06-20-2009, 06:42 PM

Um...it was only "mysterious" because Federer tried to keep it from the public for almost a month from the time he found out that he actually had mono, and because during the AO '08, people didn't know why he was so ill and the doctors in Australia misdiagnosed it as being food poisoning.

Tell me, is this writer also a medical doctor? Is he a world class athlete in incredible physical shape? Has he ever been ranked #1 on the ATP Tour for 237 consecutive weeks? Has he ever made it to 20 consecutive GS semifinals? So how does he know how mono would affect Federer?

And lastly, if he didn't believe that Federer had mono, he would have never even mentioned it in his article. He would have just said - "Due to Rafa...Federer's cakewalk hit the pause button...."

The fact that he even mentioned mono at all, tells me that he does indeed believe Federer had mono.

BreakPoint
06-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah, Federer never retired from a match even with mono. Yet, Djokovic has retired from matches just because he has a sore throat or a cold. That blows your mind, doesn't it? How can anyone possibly compete when they have anything worse than a sore throat? Djokovic certainly couldn't. :oops:

sureshs
06-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Tell me, is this writer also a medical doctor? Is he a world class athlete in incredible physical shape? Has he ever been ranked #1 on the ATP Tour for 237 consecutive weeks? Has he ever made it to 20 consecutive GS semifinals? So how does he know how mono would affect Federer?

Bud Collins was never #1, but doesn't he know tennis? Bill Simons is a renowned tennis journalist, just check out how well he is known.

BreakPoint
06-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Bud Collins was never #1, but doesn't he know tennis? Bill Simons is a renowned tennis journalist, just check out how well he is known.
Is Bud Collins also a medical doctor? How the heck would he know how the mono virus would affect Federer?

All the commentators at the AO said Federer looked seriously ill, especially during the Djokovic match. Do Pat McEnroe, Darren Cahill, Brad Gilbert, and Mary Carillo know nothing about tennis?

NamRanger
06-20-2009, 06:56 PM

He's also a bit senile now adays. If you rewind the clock about 5-10 years he's ok, but now sometimes he just makes some of the strangest comments I have ever heard. Maybe he just knows so much about tennis, and have talked about so much about it, he just talks to talk.

Bill Simons is alright. I think it's fair to say that he has doubts about mono (as do many posters). That is their opinion, and they are entitled to it. It's not like he's going around shoving it up everyones' throat (unlike some posters on this board).

sureshs
06-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Is Bud Collins also a medical doctor? How the heck would he know how the mono virus would affect Federer?

All the commentators at the AO said Federer looked seriously ill, especially during the Djokovic match. Do Pat McEnroe, Darren Cahill, Brad Gilbert, and Mary Carillo know nothing about tennis?

I don't recall anything like that. How did he make it to the semifinal then?

BreakPoint
06-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't recall anything like that. How did he make it to the semifinal then?
Then you weren't watching with your eyes open.

NamRanger
06-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't recall anything like that. How did he make it to the final then?

He made it to the SF. He was visibly out of sorts. What we do know for sure, there's no way Federer was 100% healthy for that specific tournament. He most likely had some sort of illness. Could have been mono, could have been something else. Who knows. I know for sure though, any objective person watching that tournament knew Federer was visibly off that whole tournament (even more so than the FO 2008 ).

Polaris
06-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Hehe. Suresh has an eye for the sensational and the tabloid-y components of sports journalism. Too much Bodo?

The mono was indeed mysterious. We don't know how bad it was, we don't know when exactly it happened.However, we do know that something definitely affected Federer's play during those months, he mentioned mono as the cause. Simmons just stated the obvious, but clearly, that one word stood out enough for you to start the 123851034865209438600298793875th thread on Fed's mono :) .

I don't understand why people want to start a thread for no other purpose than to get other people arguing. It is a pitiful waste of internet bandwidth and its only contribution is to increase the amount of useless garbage floating around on the Web - as if there wasn't enough of it already.

sureshs
06-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Hehe. Suresh has an eye for the sensational and the tabloid-y components of sports journalism. Too much Bodo?

The mono was indeed mysterious. We don't know how bad it was, we don't know when exactly it happened.However, we do know that something definitely affected Federer's play during those months, he mentioned mono as the cause. Simmons just stated the obvious, but clearly, that one word stood out enough for you to have start the 123851034865209438600298793875th thread on Fed's mono :) .

Maybe it was simple food poisoning? A fever? Take rest for a few days and it is gone. If you try to play in a Slam semi-final during that time, sure, you might not look your best. What is the big deal?

Look at Knadal. Just some ibuprofen, a little massage, and he is supposedly going to be back to 100% in 3 - 4 weeks, according to his doctor. What is the big deal? Why all this drama?

rommil
06-20-2009, 07:34 PM
It wasn't mono but an intoxication from eating Mirka's food!

Nadal has mono.......monodimensional game.

OTMPut
06-20-2009, 09:31 PM
What is the big deal? Why all this drama?

What deal? What drama?

Why this thread? You should be practicing your serves.

BreakPoint
06-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Maybe it was simple food poisoning? A fever? Take rest for a few days and it is gone. If you try to play in a Slam semi-final during that time, sure, you might not look your best. What is the big deal?

Look at Knadal. Just some ibuprofen, a little massage, and he is supposedly going to be back to 100% in 3 - 4 weeks, according to his doctor. What is the big deal? Why all this drama?
Thank you for your professional diagnosis Dr. Sureshs.

May I ask where you went to medical school? :-?

IvanAndreevich
06-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Plain and simple there is no direct evidence to suggest that Federer was lying about his mono. Why would he? He could use any number of much simpler excuses if he needed them.

Cenc
06-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Um...it was only "mysterious" because Federer tried to keep it from the public for almost a month from the time he found out that he actually had mono, and because during the AO '08, people didn't know why he was so ill and the doctors in Australia misdiagnosed it as being food poisoning.

And lastly, if he didn't believe that Federer had mono, he would have never even mentioned it in his article. He would have just said - "Due to Rafa...Federer's cakewalk hit the pause button...."

The fact that he even mentioned mono at all, tells me that he does indeed believe Federer had mono.

well i belive no one here is actually a doctor
however i was curious enough to ask 3 friends of mine who actually are doctors and all 3 of them said: "theres no way anyone with mononucleosis could play a tennis match because it affects everybody the same"
and since one of them is the same man who diagnosed me with mono 8 years ago i trust him more than u :D

Cenc
06-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Plain and simple there is no direct evidence to suggest that Federer was lying about his mono. Why would he? He could use any number of much simpler excuses if he needed them.

mono excuse "covers" the whole season of worse results than he used to achieve

NamRanger
06-20-2009, 11:13 PM
however i was curious enough to ask 3 friends of mine who actually are doctors and all 3 of them said: "theres no way anyone with mononucleosis could play a tennis match because it affects everybody the same"
and since one of them is the same man who diagnosed me with mono 8 years ago i trust him more than u :D

I have a friend that says you're an idiot. Are you going to believe that too?

Since you are trying to disprove Federer did not have mono, the burden of proof is on you. Show us facts and evidence as to why Federer did not have mono.

IvanAndreevich
06-20-2009, 11:17 PM
mono excuse "covers" the whole season of worse results than he used to achieve

What happened to the presumption of innocence? Your explanation is not proof.

BreakPoint
06-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Sure, and everyone who gets the swine flu virus drops dead, too.

Mono is a virus, and everyone's bodies and immune systems react to viruses differently.

BTW, did those same doctors also tell you that there's no way that anybody could make it to 20 consecutive Grand Slam semis?

And obviously Federer couldn't play tennis very well with mono.

Cesc Fabregas
06-20-2009, 11:31 PM

Since you are trying to disprove Federer did not have mono, the burden of proof is on you. Show us facts and evidence as to why Federer did not have mono.

Well one being you can't play 6 matches in the searing heat of Australia with mono.

IvanAndreevich
06-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Well one being you can't play 6 matches in the searing heat of Australia with mono.

Everyone has different severities of the disease. You want to prove something, you need a more direct evidence, like a doctor coming out that he lied or something along those lines.

BreakPoint
06-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Why? Because you've tried it?

Are you Federer?

Cesc Fabregas
06-20-2009, 11:43 PM

Are you Federer?

Just because Federer is a better atlete than the average person doesn't mean he has a better immune system.

devila
06-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Federer declined horridly. He had mono in 2007 when the hardcourt and clay losses came, and lucky ride in Wimbledon happened.
The challenge system made him sick because he couldn't get away with stolen matches anymore.... Only matches with Nadal didn't involve Fed's mono! He was deathly sick after his hated American enemies beat him. He even got lucky against Ginepri. Federer bragged about losing only once in 4 years against Americans... Poor laughing thing also gloated about beating Roddick on ESPN.

BreakPoint
06-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Just because Federer is a better atlete than the average person doesn't mean he has a better immune system.
Um...yes, it does. How many Grand Slams has he ever missed in his career? None. Out of the close to thousand matches he's played in his career, has he ever retired during one? Nope. Does he ever even looked tired in the 5th set? Nope.

The guy is pretty much superhuman.

Cesc Fabregas
06-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Um...yes, it does. How many Grand Slams has he ever missed in his career? None. Out of the close to thousand matches he's played in his career, has he ever retired during one? Nope. Does he ever even looked tired in the 5th set? Nope.

The guy is pretty much superhuman.

He looked tired in the 5th set of the Aussie Open final this year.

BreakPoint
06-20-2009, 11:55 PM

Yeah, and you can't win 7 consecutive Tour de France races after having cancer throughout your body.

You can't win the French Open after you've had your leg crushed in an auto accident and were wheelchair bound for a year.

You can't can't be a 41-year old swimmer and just miss winning the Olympic gold medal in the 50m freestyle by a mere 2/1000th of a second.

Tell us another one. :roll:

BreakPoint
06-20-2009, 11:57 PM
He looked tired in the 5th set of the Aussie Open final this year.
That was his back injury, not because he was tired.

Cesc Fabregas
06-20-2009, 11:59 PM

Does Federer's back injury appear whenever he loses?

maximo
06-21-2009, 12:00 AM

Suurree...

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 12:04 AM
No, but Nadal's knee injury sure seems to. :oops:

Federer's back injury appears when his back is injured. :-?

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Suurree...
Yeah, and Federer had to get back massages from the trainer during every changeover during his match with Murray in Shanghai because he just had nothing else better to do on a tennis court. :roll:

maximo
06-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Yeah, and Federer had to get back massages from the trainer during every changeover during his match with Murray in Shanghai because he just had nothing else better to do on a tennis court. :roll:

Murray has beaten Federer the last 4 times. Are you going to blame that on his back??

devila
06-21-2009, 12:12 AM
He also said his thigh was painful in the Safin match he lost. Poor Fed

lawrence
06-21-2009, 12:16 AM
well bill simons doesnt have 14 slams so lol @ him

tintin
06-21-2009, 04:10 AM
so he gets lucky to not get affected the way Ancic is and it becomes "mysterious? ?
what a load of horse manure!
Vaidisova has mono too,not the kind Ancic has and she's recovered after a long while:roll:

sureshs
06-21-2009, 09:17 AM

BP asked for a doctor's opinion, you gave 3 of them, and he still will not accept it. So don't waste your time.

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 10:33 AM
BP asked for a doctor's opinion, you gave 3 of them, and he still will not accept it. So don't waste your time.
Um...so which one of these 3 doctors actually examined Federer? :roll:

Maybe no one ever needs to actually go to a doctor and get checked and tested? They should be able to just e-mail us and tell us what's wrong with us, right? :-?

Sup2Dresq
06-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Um...so which one of these 3 doctors actually examined Federer? :roll:

Maybe no one ever needs to actually go to a doctor and get checked and tested? They should be able to just e-mail us and tell us what's wrong with us, right? :-?

Bet it would still cost an arm and a leg *drum roll*..

Mercedes
06-21-2009, 10:56 AM
I have been browsing this site for months but I had to register and comment on Mono. I have had it for months and can barely operate. Most days I am so so tired I have to go to bed. Even when I am up and around I am dragging.The mental aspect is terrible one cannot focus at all everything is a fog.It is like having the worse flu ever that wont go away .
Bottom line there is NO way I could even practice for 5 minutes let alone travel, and play extensive matches for days on end. Some people with Mono have no symptons Federer may have tested positive but he certainly could not have played the way he did over all those months especially the AO if he had full Mono symptoms.

EtePras
06-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Federer cruised through his first two rounds, and then made up the mono excuse when he lost. Same as Nadal in the French Open, except believing him is a lot easier now that he's pulled out of Wimbledon.

Cenc
06-21-2009, 11:25 AM

well i generally believe doctors
and i showed a link (in some other topic) about mono
and it says that it lasts a lot more than feds one
go google a little about it, im sure ull get plenty of materials worth reading

All-rounder
06-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Federer cruised through his first two rounds, and then made up the mono excuse when he lost. Same as Nadal in the French Open, except believing him is a lot easier now that he's pulled out of Wimbledon.
So if federer pulled out of Indian Wells and Miami you would believe him?? ok :roll:

Cenc
06-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Sure, and everyone who gets the swine flu virus drops dead, too.

Mono is a virus, and everyone's bodies and immune systems react to viruses differently.

BTW, did those same doctors also tell you that there's no way that anybody could make it to 20 consecutive Grand Slam semis?

And obviously Federer couldn't play tennis very well with mono.

lol yes
all the human beings need like 6 months to get well from mono
in the other hand feds body needs 6 days :D
wow, he is an alien :D

Cenc
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM

Are you Federer?

u know how doctors diagnosed ancic's mono? he got tired after like 200m of walking

Cenc
06-21-2009, 11:33 AM
ok so until now there are like 5-10 people on this board and on tour who had mono and one of them made it last around 1% of normal period of time
because this one didnt even have mono (read fed)

Sup2Dresq
06-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Wait.. I had mono as a teenager. Got it and it didn't go away for a long time.

*shrug*

I would say 4 months of non-activity. Then another 4 months to try to shake it off completely.

The way Fed was playing, and how even the best commentators noticed how slow he looked.. 2008 did look like a "mono" year. Then again.. I'm no doctor.

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 01:12 PM
lol yes
all the human beings need like 6 months to get well from mono
in the other hand feds body needs 6 days :D
wow, he is an alien :D
Are you serious? It DID take Federer more than 6 months to fully recover from mono. That's why he lost not only the AO, but Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo, Rome, Hamburg, Roland Garros, and Wimbledon. He only got rid of the mono by the US Open.

Do you think a fully healthy Federer loses to guys like Roddick, Fish, Blake, Stepanek, etc.? He never loses to those guys.

Cesc Fabregas
06-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Are you serious? It DID take Federer more than 6 months to fully recover from mono. That's why he lost not only the AO, but Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo, Rome, Hamburg, Roland Garros, and Wimbledon. He only got rid of the mono by the US Open.

Do you think a fully healthy Federer loses to guys like Roddick, Fish, Blake, Stepanek, etc.? He never loses to those guys.

Lol you're a comedian thats too funny did Fed's mono come back for this years Australian? went out of his system for the French Open? and will come back into his system if he loses this Wimbledon?

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Lol you're a comedian thats too funny did Fed's mono come back for this years Australian? went out of his system for the French Open? and will come back into his system if he loses this Wimbledon?
Are you dense? How many times has his back injury at the end of last year been talked about here?

He injured his back at the Paris Masters last year and didn't fully recover from it until this year's clay court season.

Sup2Dresq
06-21-2009, 01:20 PM

Since he mentioned Wimbledon, and since Fed didn't play Hamburg (yet)... then perhaps he meant 08.. not this year. *shrug*

What do you think?

Cesc Fabregas
06-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Are you dense? How many times has his back injury at the end of last year been talked about here?

He injured his back at the Paris Masters last year and didn't fully recover from it until this year's clay court season.

I suspect Roger's back injury will flare up again or his mono will come back into his system if he doesn't win this Wimbledon. :oops:

Cyan
06-21-2009, 01:24 PM
As soon as he loses at a slam again he will claim the mono is back or the back pain is bak. Book it.

Cyan
06-21-2009, 01:26 PM
As soon as he loses at a slam again he will claim the mono is back or the back pain is back. Book it.

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Since he mentioned Wimbledon, and since Fed didn't play Hamburg (yet)... then perhaps he meant 08.. not this year. *shrug*

What do you think?
Yes, of course I meant '08. That's when Federer had mono and that's why he had such a terrible year (for him). Then he injured his back in October to top of his horrendous unfortunate year.

BTW, there is no longer a Hamburg Masters. It's been replaced by Madrid this year.

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 01:32 PM
I suspect Roger's back injury will flare up again or his mono will come back into his system if he doesn't win this Wimbledon. :oops:
As soon as he loses at a slam again he will claim the mono is back or the back pain is back. Book it.

No, then it will be his bad knees, he was tired, the altitude was too high, the court surface was too fast, or they changed the balls. :-? :oops:

Sup2Dresq
06-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Yes, of course I meant '08. That's when Federer had mono and that's why he had such a terrible year (for him). Then he injured his back in October to top of his horrendous unfortunate year.

BTW, there is no longer a Hamburg Masters. It's been replaced by Madrid this year.

Yup sided with you. Just didn't make sense to call out that you said THIS years AO.

Also, I think there is a hamburg tournament still. Just moved to the middle of the summer and obviously not a MS anymore.

Again, just pointing out what looked to be a misjudgment in the timeline.

Badger
06-21-2009, 04:47 PM
What good would it do for Federer to make up his mono?

IvanAndreevich
06-21-2009, 05:01 PM

No it appears when you can clearly see he is serving like utter crap. End of last season and beginning of this season some of Fed's worst serving ON RECORD. It was preceded by some of his best serving ever in the whole of 08.

Cenc
06-22-2009, 05:06 AM

right
every loss is about mono
also olympics, cincy and canada losses were caused by mono?
and it suddenly disappeared before uso and he immediately showed everyone how tennis should look like? wow
btw he was losing clay court tournaments even before his "mono" with pretty much similar results
so he got mono every time he faced nadal? sorry this isnt mono, this is only some "nadalono" :D
right he never loses to guys like blake he loses only to guys like canas
or it was also because of mono?

BreakPoint
06-22-2009, 10:36 AM
^^^^
Since when did Blake become Canas?? :confused: