PDA

View Full Version : What are the best tennis socks?

pmacias
06-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm familiar with the problems that cotton socks pose--fine, no cotton socks. I tend to find thorlo to be a bit too cushy and sloppy. I like a real snug shoe, but I tend to get hot feet. What do you guys recommend for socks?

scraps234
06-20-2009, 12:21 PM
nike dri fits, ua, adidas but just make sure they are made of polyester...

[d]ragon
06-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I've only tried Nike crews (3 pack) and Thorlos (level 2) and I don't really like either. Thorlos are too thick and the Nike's don't breathe very well; they get smelly and sweaty fast. I'm definitely hoping more people chime in on this thread 'cuz I'm looking to buy different ones

ra1337
06-20-2009, 12:52 PM
i dont know, which socks rafa has, but i think himselfs are very nice, because they are very thick at the end.

charliefedererer
06-20-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm familiar with the problems that cotton socks pose--fine, no cotton socks. I tend to find thorlo to be a bit too cushy and sloppy. I like a real snug shoe, but I tend to get hot feet. What do you guys recommend for socks?

The Thorlo level 3 socks are thick (but I love the cushioning).
But have you tried the level 2 or level 1 thinner socks? http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-MSTHORLOS.html

Tofuspeedstar
06-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Nike Dri-Fit for the weeeeeeen.

subaru3169
06-20-2009, 11:15 PM
i love thorlos.. i don't know what they're made out of but they feel really nice against a supportive shoe

i've never once seen anyone say they didn't like playing in thorlos until this thread

scraps234
06-21-2009, 12:20 PM
i dont know, which socks rafa has, but i think himselfs are very nice, because they are very thick at the end.

i think he folds them that way?

pmacias
06-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Has anybody ever tried the Drymax products that TW offers? They look a little less bulky than the thorlo, so maybe I need to get level 2 thorlos. Just played this morning in the level 3s, and the other thing about them, which I forgot to mention initially, is they're HOT.

Al Czervik
06-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Hanes Premium at target are pretty darn good. They have crew, quarter, and no show, black or white, and the price is right.

Tennisidentity
06-21-2009, 04:51 PM
I like Eurosocks and the new experias from Thorlo. Just out. Hopefully TW will carry them soon. They are thick in all the right places and thin everywhere else.

rasajadad
06-22-2009, 05:20 AM
I am a thin sock lover. My sock of choice is Ultimax. I bought 6 pair about 4 or so years ago and they're still holding up. I liked the Eurosock too, but they don't seem to last as long.

dsa202
06-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Cotton socks.

FuriousYellow
06-22-2009, 10:03 AM
I really like the EuroSocks Crews. They are very comfortable, don't give me blisters, and seem to hold up pretty well.

Others I've tried:

Feetures - comfortable and fit well, but felt slippery and gives me blisters
adidas tech - The don't hold well up at all. They start to "poodle" after 2-3 washings
adidas - these were the thick ones like Thorlos. Hated em. Made my feet sweat like crazy.

Stewball55
06-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Nike Dri-Fit for the weeeeeeen.

+1!!! My sister got me some from Nike town in NY, they are sweet. They are left and right specific, didnt know those kind even existed.

scraps234
06-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Cotton socks.
i prefer polyester alot better actually... they seem to breathe better for me and sometimes the cotton gets stuck in between my toes

scraps234
06-22-2009, 09:45 PM
+1!!! My sister got me some from Nike town in NY, they are sweet. They are left and right specific, didnt know those kind even existed.

i know i love those kind...are the tennis dri fit or what type

jmh
06-24-2009, 05:01 AM
I only wear New Balance and Thor Lo..#2..Tennis socks only. The provide the cushioning in the right places.. and absorb any moisture in the foot area! I have felt they are worth the price you pay..and I'm told to wash them inside out!

mosh17
06-24-2009, 07:35 AM
I just got some under armor heat shield (or maybe heat gear) socks and they are working out pretty good.

BigHitterSE
06-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Feetures! Socks Rule. Give them a try.

Stewball55
06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
i know i love those kind...are the tennis dri fit or what type
They are just black no show ones...dont think they are specific for any sport....but they are awesome....after my matches I take them off and they are BONE dry....I need to get some more....

kpfoto
06-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Thorlo. No blisters, ever. Comfy too!

mrmo1115
06-28-2009, 12:12 PM
The Nike Dri-Fits ftw. My choice are the black color and I have both crew length and the quarter length. I go crew when I play on clay, quarter on hard.

scraps234
06-28-2009, 02:44 PM
They are just black no show ones...dont think they are specific for any sport....but they are awesome....after my matches I take them off and they are BONE dry....I need to get some more....

o well i have some tennis specific and regular... they both feel dri fit but the tennis ones are l/r specific and have more cushioning....

ringer
07-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Thorlos - level 3 are hands down the best from my experience. I prefer roll-top, but if you like crew or quarters they are good, too. They also have lesser levels if you don't like overly thick socks.

Lex
07-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Thorlos are made from mostly acrylic.

Have you tried the Thorlos with Coolmax?? That might solve the "cushy" feeling.

himynameisNIKE
07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
under armour socks r pretty good

Ashanti
11-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Underarmor has really good socks they have a nice selection and r all comfortable beyond belief

thebeast73
11-26-2010, 05:21 PM
nike dri fit basketball full cushion elite left right specific crew or quarter socks. the best. they're a little expensive though

imajica77
11-28-2010, 10:53 PM
I have tried all the socks on the market. My two favorties are Eurosocks and Vital socks. Both are awesom. Euro are thicker and both come in drystat silver. Check them out.

cxw0106
11-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Kirkland Sock from Costco is best! A lot of cushion and no slipery.

tandayu
11-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Kirkland Sock from Costco is best! A lot of cushion and no slipery.

Agree

Also great price

loubapache
11-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Speaking of Costco. I have been using these 12 packs (all white) made by Champion (?) They are excellent. Very smooth and with enough cushion

Now I see there is this Kirkland brand of similar socks (with gray re-enforced heel and toes). Are you two referring to this one, cxw0106 and tandayu?

Thanks,

cxw0106
11-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Yes. The Champion socks that were specially made for Costco were discontinued. I couldn't get similar Champion socks in the Champion store that offers the same cushion. I found that the Kirkland brand is even better than prior Champion.

Speaking of Costco. I have been using these 12 packs (all white) made by Champion (?) They are excellent. Very smooth and with enough cushion

Now I see there is this Kirkland brand of similar socks (with gray re-enforced heel and toes). Are you two referring to this one, cxw0106 and tandayu?

Thanks,

loubapache
11-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes. The Champion socks that were specially made for Costco were discontinued. I couldn't get similar Champion socks in the Champion store that offers the same cushion. I found that the Kirkland brand is even better than prior Champion.

Thanks.

My local Costco still has these Champion socks. I have been using them for a long time and they are excellent. The durability is not very good, though.

I will get some Kirkland to try.

-Bobo-
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM
What are the issues with using cotton socks? I'm guessing sweating messing up your skin and causing the foot to slide resulting in blisters and jamming of the toes?

mctennis
11-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Cotton socks.

Ditto, cotton socks. All the other ones are too slick( Thorlos) or like wearing plastic bags on my feet.

b.termite
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
nike dri fit for sure.. they dont get all bunched up, and your feet dont get all sweaty and wet

Barfy
12-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Really guys? Cotton socks are bad? I hate dri fit socks they just don't support at all. I need me some cotton socks for the cushioning and sweat absorption. If it was up to me socks would have a warranty like the nike outsoles do so you get new ones once your socks get all stiff.

Carolina Racquet
12-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Speaking of Costco...

I've been digging those HEAD crew socks. Thick similar to Thorlos Tennis socks... 71% Cotton; 18% Acrylic; 10% Nylon and 1% Lycra. Pack of 6 for around $12. Available in both white and black. Also have Microban odor/bacterial protection

Don't hold up as well as Thorlo, but 1/6 of the price.

tlm
12-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Thorlo level 3 the best sock made.

TennisNinja
12-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Nike dri fit (left/right specific), lol.

JoelDali
12-08-2010, 07:52 AM

http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/images/The%20Truth.jpg

mmaster
12-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks.

My local Costco still has these Champion socks. I have been using them for a long time and they are excellent. The durability is not very good, though.

I will get some Kirkland to try.

i saw both at my local costco and saw that kirkland one was mostly cotton but the champion was i think acrylic or something like that. i'm still not clear which material is better though.

loubapache
12-08-2010, 09:44 AM
IME, acrylic should last a little longer than cotton.

I might have mis-spoken of the brand, those acrylic ones are made by Russell Athletic for Costco. I still have several packages left and I just double-checked.

prjacobs
12-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote from the article with link below:
Unlike cotton, acrylics put you at less risk for athlete’s foot, blisters and ingrown nails. They have air circulation channels and fibers that manage moisture. Try DryMax, Eurosock, Thorlo or Nike Dri-Fit.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/gear.aspx?articleid=1307&zoneid=24

mmaster
12-09-2010, 08:38 AM
IME, acrylic should last a little longer than cotton.

I might have mis-spoken of the brand, those acrylic ones are made by Russell Athletic for Costco. I still have several packages left and I just double-checked.

you're right i think those acrylic ones were russell.

anyone know which material is best for keeping your feet and shoes from smelling bad?

athiker
12-09-2010, 10:00 AM
IMHO cotton, though they actually retain more water (sweat), keep your feet from smelling better than synthetic material. I also tend to slide around in my shoes more with synthetic material. I'm not an expert in socks but have tried several synthetics but have gone back to wearing two pairs of cotton socks for tennis.

Synthetics dry faster and may retain their cushion better though. Some may also be treated w/ anti-bacterials...I know some sports wear and outdoor wear shirts are pretreated to control odor. When synthetic shirts first got popular in backpacking due to their light weight and wicking properties (wet cotton is a terrible insulator) people began to notice it was basically impossible to wash out the stink though!...as soon as you started hiking all the odor came flooding back. Materials and treatments are better now for the most part however.

For backpacking I use a synthetic liner for wicking and Smartwool brand wool socks over them...sliding isn't the issue it is in tennis...but wicking out the moisture is important. The outer wool socks mitigate the sliding anyway.

loubapache
12-17-2010, 07:10 AM
An update on the Russel Athletic socks sold in Costco.

I was there yesterday and found out that these socks are not being discontinues but Costco went for a different supplier. They are still Russel Athletic brand socks and made in Columbia but the supplier is different.

The Costco I went to still has some older packages and plenty of new packages.

The older ones are :
88% Acrylic / 11% Nylon / 1% Lycra Spandex

The new ones are:
86% Acrylic / 11% Nylon / 3% Other fibers

I bought both and asked my wife which one is better (she also loves these socks for casual wear). Immediately she said the older ones are better so I am going to return the newer one and get more older ones. The newer ones do feel thinner but slightly heavier than the older one.

The newer ones have some gray logo on the socks and the older ones are all white.

levy1
01-16-2011, 06:25 AM
At least 70% cotton. Polyester is made from oil and I am trying to be green.
Poly slips around to much!

levy1
01-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote from the article with link below:
Unlike cotton, acrylics put you at less risk for athlete’s foot, blisters and ingrown nails. They have air circulation channels and fibers that manage moisture. Try DryMax, Eurosock, Thorlo or Nike Dri-Fit.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/gear.aspx?articleid=1307&zoneid=24

Thats just BS to sell socks. Everyone knows cotton is better for skin, wool even better. You may not like cotton but plastic next to your skin!

Marshredder
01-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Its all about the Nike Dri-fits.

Carolina Racquet
01-16-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm firmly in the camp that acrylic socks are the way to go. I prefer the cushioned socks (Thorlos/PowerSox) and the cotton-based cushioned socks do not wick well and get very heavy from sweat in the heat.

Sorry about the green issues, Levy... but I'm all about the wicking.

Oliver_Thomas
01-24-2011, 08:17 PM

100% Agreed

parasailing
01-25-2011, 08:36 PM
I just got a couple pairs of Underamour heat gear socks from TW. I will give them a shot and report back on how they feel. My previous socks include Thorlo 3s which have the best cushioning and are quite plush but don't breathe as well. I am currently using mainly Adidas Formotion socks mainly due to their nice arch support although they don't feel as plush as the Thorlo 3s.

jelichek
01-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Jox Sox. Great sox. Perfect fit. Not too light. Not too heavy. Breathable. Ventilated. All good. Have even seen Brett Favre wear the things.

hcb0804
01-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Jox Sox. Great sox. Perfect fit. Not too light. Not too heavy. Breathable. Ventilated. All good. Have even seen Brett Favre wear the things.

Since Brett Favre wears them I'll be sure to avoid them........

appdach96
01-26-2011, 12:06 PM
adidas formotion and thorlo level 2 or 3

Ash_Smith
01-26-2011, 01:05 PM
2 pairs of Nike Dri-Fit.

Ash

Kevin T
01-26-2011, 01:13 PM
IMHO cotton, though they actually retain more water (sweat), keep your feet from smelling better than synthetic material. I also tend to slide around in my shoes more with synthetic material. I'm not an expert in socks but have tried several synthetics but have gone back to wearing two pairs of cotton socks for tennis.

Synthetics dry faster and may retain their cushion better though. Some may also be treated w/ anti-bacterials...I know some sports wear and outdoor wear shirts are pretreated to control odor. When synthetic shirts first got popular in backpacking due to their light weight and wicking properties (wet cotton is a terrible insulator) people began to notice it was basically impossible to wash out the stink though!...as soon as you started hiking all the odor came flooding back. Materials and treatments are better now for the most part however.

For backpacking I use a synthetic liner for wicking and Smartwool brand wool socks over them...sliding isn't the issue it is in tennis...but wicking out the moisture is important. The outer wool socks mitigate the sliding anyway.

Athiker,

I actually use Smartwool or Darn Tough merino socks for everything. I like low cut/ankle socks and love the PhD and Adrenaline lines. I use them for trail running, tennis, squash, racquetball, you name it. They never slip, they last for years and never, ever stink.

The Big Kahuna
01-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Find them if you can. These socks are the BEST – period.

http://Users/markmoore/Desktop/Nike.jpg

Nike Dri-FIT Pro Compression Men's Crew Socks

Dri-FIT fabric to wick sweat away and help keep you dry and comfortable
Rib cuffs
Anatomical fit specific to left and right feet
Reinforced toe and heel
Arch support
Fabric: Dri-FIT 56% polyester/29% nylon/9% spandex/6% cotton

JoelDali
01-26-2011, 06:15 PM
I ordered the Nike elite bb crews off the bay on 1-6 and they friggin' won't be delivered for another week.

Can't wait to check the hype.

Maroon_Tenniskid
01-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Gold Toe Powersox are the best socks I have ever worn, I've had them for about a year and a half now, and they are still stretchy and soft! :D I don't know if they make crew socks, but i love putting a pair of those no shows on and some nike crew socks over them and it feels nice and cushioned from the power sox and arch support from the nikes

gino
01-30-2011, 08:56 PM
I ordered the Nike elite bb crews off the bay on 1-6 and they friggin' won't be delivered for another week.

Can't wait to check the hype.

Joel,

I ordered two also. What guy did you order them from because mine have literally taken two weeks and still no word.

I got them from some bay store

G

JoelDali
01-31-2011, 01:47 AM
Yeah I'm really pist and I never give negative ratings but these folks blow. Sounds like the same store G. I will check later.

TREX
05-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Get ready for losing toenails.

Of course if you dont stop and start fast it doesnt matter

samurai13
05-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Oh Yeah

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mmtp4l.png

Maroon_Tenniskid
05-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Oh Yeah

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mmtp4l.png

You haven't even opened them?! and where did you get the white with a grey stripe down the back?

craniopath
07-17-2011, 05:53 AM
+1 for smartwool
merino rules baby :)

GlenK
07-17-2011, 08:23 AM

Been using Thorlo for many years. Keep trying others, but end up back with the best.

samurai13
07-17-2011, 10:35 AM
You haven't even opened them?! and where did you get the white with a grey stripe down the back?

Got those back when the first came out... I have two of every color tho so these are the ones I sell on the bay and the other ones I actually wear!

Odonnell
07-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Got those back when the first came out... I have two of every color tho so these are the ones I sell on the bay and the other ones I actually wear!

Are they thick as the Nadal Crew Socks?

paul_tennis
07-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Nike Socks, IMO by far the best...

Dunloper62
07-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Falke TE2 my most favorite tennissocks.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/HarmKoebel/falke_te2.jpg

wickedfps
07-17-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm fine with the non-cotton adidas ankle socks from Costco in black.

slice bh compliment
07-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Vital Sox and Euro Socks are the best, especially the Vitalsox with silver drystat.
I'm not much on gimmicks or technology...(I wear cotton shirts, read actual books with pages and hardcovers, and ride a steel bike), but these socks are the absolute greatest invention in sports.

shake&bake
07-17-2011, 01:29 PM
whatever marshalls has on sale :)

TopFH
07-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Gold Toe Powersox are the best socks I have ever worn, I've had them for about a year and a half now, and they are still stretchy and soft! :D I don't know if they make crew socks, but i love putting a pair of those no shows on and some nike crew socks over them and it feels nice and cushioned from the power sox and arch support from the nikes

I second this. I just love them!

samurai13
07-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Are they thick as the Nadal Crew Socks?
not around the leg but the have extra padding everywhere you need it... ankle, certain areas on the bottom of foot, heel

Fugazi
07-17-2011, 09:30 PM
I also think that Thorlos (the originals) are too thick. I just ordered a few pairs of Adidas half crew socks. Anybody tried those?

BobFL
07-18-2011, 05:40 AM
I'have tried a lot of performance socks. Imo, Thorlo is vastly over-hyped and consequently overpriced. Acrylic socks for that kind of money? My favorite every-day-performance socks are Tommy Hilfiger Socks. Outstanding socks especially when I find them on sale - 6 pairs for $15. My favorite top-performance socks are North Face (Merino Wool is a must if we talk top quality). Regular price is $15/ea but I buy them in local mall for $5/ea. Not a single Thorlo socks come close to this sock.

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/bobfl/nface.jpg

Blackmamba24
07-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Nike Elite socks. They have a ton of cushioning

BobFL
07-18-2011, 09:52 AM

They are great for basketball but I didn't like them for tennis. Too mushy for me.

parasailing
07-18-2011, 10:00 AM

I picked up a few pairs and love them. They offer excellent cushion like wearing two pairs of socks without feeling uncomfortable.

craniopath
07-19-2011, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE=BobFL;5843311] My favorite top-performance socks are North Face (Merino Wool is a must if we talk top quality). Regular price is $15/ea but I buy them in local mall for $5/ea.

$5/ea. :shock:
well it has half the merino of smartwool :twisted:

honestly where is that mall you are talking about

BobFL
07-19-2011, 05:30 AM
[QUOTE=BobFL;5843311] My favorite top-performance socks are North Face (Merino Wool is a must if we talk top quality). Regular price is $15/ea but I buy them in local mall for $5/ea.

$5/ea. :shock:
well it has half the merino of smartwool :twisted:

honestly where is that mall you are talking about

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/bobfl/northface.jpg

gd!
11-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Vitalsox are nice looking blk-gr-or, however the backfoot cushioning durability sucks. From TW offered range I recommend DryMax V3 socks, these are perfect to wear, breathable, simply worth the money. Will buy it again.

tarkowski
11-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Vitalsox are nice looking blk-gr-or, however the backfoot cushioning durability sucks. From TW offered range I recommend DryMax V3 socks, these are perfect to wear, breathable, simply worth the money. Will buy it again.

Another vote for DryMax. These are my favs! Nice, high-density padding underfoot that isn't too thick. Keep feet dry. Wear well and long-lasting.

USERNAME
11-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Nike Elites ftw! Not only do they look sweet but also have that little bit extra in all the right places!

PhotoBlue
11-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Nike Elites ftw! Not only do they look sweet but also have that little bit extra in all the right places!

Defanently theses are the best socks for basketball and tennis.

The Big Kahuna
11-21-2011, 05:48 PM
I have tried about everything the last 30 years. I was a devoted fan of Thorlos for many years, but the cotton socks would sop up sweat like a mop and the shoes were water-logged. Their synthetic sock just did not fit well and gave me black-toe when they would slip and pull back my toenails.

Nike Elite are good, but they don't last long and they are not very plush. Vitalsocks are good, but they are a bit too thin. I could go on and on.

The best all around sock in my opinion, so far, would be the EUROSOCKS SLAM COOL CREW. Excellent cushion and fit with superb wicking properties to keep you feet dry. The crew is not super high, either - which I like (Nike and Thorlos crews were almost like wearing knee socks). Try them once and you will be hooked.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/EuroSocks_Slam_Cool_Crew_Socks/descpageEURO-EUSC.html

NJ1
11-22-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm a big convert to synthetic shirts, shorts and underwear (hats too, if sunny) when playing but I like 100% cotton head and wrist bands for their absorption.

Socks are Nike dri fit 40% cotton. Not too slimy and dry fast.

NothingButNet
11-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Adidas ForMotion ForTheWin

Sucks my foot in like a vacuum and my B6s love them. They even look better than some guys' tennis shoes!

parasailing
11-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Adidas ForMotion ForTheWin

Sucks my foot in like a vacuum and my B6s love them. They even look better than some guys' tennis shoes!

They have poor durability issue even with me air drying the socks. The are comfortable and offer good support but Nike Elite BB are the best even at the their inflated price.

mark999
12-16-2011, 09:42 AM
anyone looking to try high quality wool socks should go to longscycle dot com. i get the premium thick wool socks for less than $4/pair. excellent fit and moisture control. note-the thick socks are really medium weight, perfect for tennis.

ThomasTerrible
12-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Nike Elite Running Crew

They don't move around, yet are very soft and comfy. On the expensive side, though..

slice bh compliment
12-16-2011, 10:54 AM

I wear VitalSox everyday I play, and even when I do not. No durability problems at all.

If you have a narrow heel that slips around, I can see that, though...from the slipping.

I have a medium heel and a wide forefoot. I do the runner's lacing near the ankle to cinch up the heel. No slip. No problems. Recently got another half-dz VitalSox. I even got the black ones for office/casual/church wear.

mark999
12-24-2011, 11:04 AM
for people who are prone to blisters, you should try Swiftwick Socks. come in wool and synthetic. have various levels of compression throughout the sock construction. pretty new to the market. google for more info.

PhotoBlue
12-24-2011, 11:12 AM
The kswiss socks are really thick and comfortable

aweil
12-25-2011, 12:17 PM
They are great for basketball but I didn't like them for tennis. Too mushy for me.

elites are awesome for tennis because they are niice annd thick

BobFL
12-25-2011, 12:40 PM
elites are awesome for tennis because they are niice annd thick

That's EXACTLY what I hated about them :) to each their own I guess :)

dr325i
12-25-2011, 01:31 PM
The Adidas Crews that are sold in Europe are excellent and last long.
http://www.tennis-point.com/products/en/Tennis-apparel/By-brand/Adidas/Tennis-Crew-1er-Pack.html

ben123
12-25-2011, 02:41 PM
The Adidas Crews that are sold in Europe are excellent and last long.
http://www.tennis-point.com/products/en/Tennis-apparel/By-brand/Adidas/Tennis-Crew-1er-Pack.html

they are very expensive.

i am currently wearing these: http://www.tennis-point.com/products/en/Tennis-apparel/By-brand/Nike/Dri-Fit-Half-Cushion-Crew-3er-Pack1.html

i think they are pretty good especially for the price.

did you try them?

dr325i
12-25-2011, 05:09 PM
they are very expensive.

i am currently wearing these: http://www.tennis-point.com/products/en/Tennis-apparel/By-brand/Nike/Dri-Fit-Half-Cushion-Crew-3er-Pack1.html

i think they are pretty good especially for the price.

did you try them?

no, I should give them a shot probably.
I stocked up on the Adidas ones, I really liked them a lot -- I think I got about 12 pairs unopened now...

aweil
12-25-2011, 09:48 PM
That's EXACTLY what I hated about them :) to each their own I guess :)

it is prob just becuase i have a extremely narrow foot so i need a really thick sock

pageltennis
12-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I've been using the same 5 pair as the main ones i use for a few years, great cushioning, no show with a tab, haven't gotten a hole in any of them yet. I don't know what ones they are, and I haven't seen them anywhere in a long time. I've used some others, but there's only a handful of pairs that fit my size 15 foot, and none of match the comfort and cushioning of my current socks.

canny
01-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Ive been suing Adidas formotion for awhile hands down best sock ever used. Mum got me a pair of Nike dri-fit stability. Ive work them golfing and they felt amazing. I imagine tennis they will fair even better. Only down side is, is that they arent crew :/ I wanna cutem but that would look rachet.

jgreen06
01-15-2012, 02:19 PM
UA HeatGear Crew

parasailing
01-15-2012, 09:44 PM
HeatGear doesn't breathe well compared to either Adidas Formotion or Nike Elites.

clay.baker13
01-16-2012, 05:06 AM
I like to wear elites.

wmilas
01-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Thorlo Level 3. Period. I've tried darn near every other brand and these are the only ones that stop the blisters on the REALLY hot summer days where you sweat buckets and have to play for hours.

Only problem is that I have to order my shoes half a size larger for them.

ArliHawk
01-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Can't wait to break out my Thorlo level 1 for my men's league on Wednesday. Might have to try some level 2's as well.

Never been a fan of the super thick socks, though.

shake&bake
02-21-2012, 05:47 PM
the ones that are on sale at marshalls

Seth
02-21-2012, 06:01 PM
the ones that are on sale at marshalls

Same here. I pick up a pair of Nike or Adidas crew socks every few months. A couple months ago I scored a 5-pair pack of Asics crew socks for $4 total.

johncbonzo
02-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Smartwool PhD Running. They come in varying thicknesses and heights. They are pricey, but they last forever.

ArliHawk
03-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Okay, trying to find the perfect socks. My favorites are adidas Formotion, Drymax, and Vitalsox. All great sox.

Revising my previous statement, Thorlos are just too thick for me. Really felt like my feet were sliding around too much and compromised the lockdown fit of my shoes.

li0scc0
03-17-2012, 10:29 AM
My #1 are the Athletic DNA socks, nice and thin and soak up sweat well.
Close #2 are the Eurosocks.

Limpinhitter
03-17-2012, 12:04 PM

Thorlo's come in thin, medium and thick. Try the thin Thorlo's. Best tennis sock every made, IMO. I've got some of the original thick Thorlo's that are older than half of the poster's on this forum, and they're still it great shape.

USERNAME
03-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Elite Platinums from Nike cause they look sick.

ArliHawk
03-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Thorlo's come in thin, medium and thick. Try the thin Thorlo's. Best tennis sock every made, IMO. I've got some of the original thick Thorlo's that are older than half of the poster's on this forum, and they're still it great shape.

Thins still are too slick imo.

li0scc0
03-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Thins still are too slick imo.

Agreed. The material in Thorlos are far too slick for me.

Say Chi Sin Lo
03-17-2012, 07:20 PM
I have a pair of Nike Elite, I don't know why but I thought they are slippery.

I prefer the normal Nike Dri-Fit more.

ArliHawk
04-04-2012, 11:55 AM
A revised assessment on my part:

1. Drymax
2. Vitalsox
3. adida formotion.

These are all great sock in my mind. Just don't care for Thorlos.

kimbahpnam
05-07-2012, 12:53 PM
I just went to Sports Authority and they were having a sale buy 1, get 1 half-off. Never seen them on sale. I bought 4 pairs of the Thorlo Experia ankle socks. They wick better and are lighter. They feel great. I plan to wear them under Nike dri-fit crew socks

eidolonshinobi
05-07-2012, 01:24 PM
A revised assessment on my part:

1. Drymax
2. Vitalsox
3. adida formotion.

These are all great sock in my mind. Just don't care for Thorlos.

I like sock specializing companies...because they specialize in socks.

I completely agree with the first two, vitalsox are just a bit too expensive to buy a few pairs. I have over 10 pairs of Drymax tennis crews. Fitsok is my favorite for the black crews and they're fairly cheap for $14 for 2 pairs.

lilzeus
06-04-2012, 03:15 PM
I used Thorlos for years. Lots of cushion so they are comfy but I kept getting blisters. Nobody has mentioned Wrightsock but their socks might be my favorite. I have tried the drymax socks but they are very abrasive and not comfortable. The Vitalsox were comfy and fit well but not durable. I wore through them fairly quickly which was disappointing. Right now I only use two socks and I am torn between them:

Wrightsock SLX
http://www.wrightsock.com/SLX.php

Thorlo Experia

The Wrightsock SLX has a very dense terry cloth interior. They fit well, wick moisture well, durable and are comfy. The Thorlo Experia socks are similar but with thicker padding and thinner materials elsewhere. Its a very good sock. I haven't had the Experia socks long enough to comment on their durability but so far they are holding up well.