PDA

View Full Version : Michael Stitch " Wimbledon girls are just there to sell sex"

babbette
06-20-2009, 05:09 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1194452/Wimbledon-girls-just-sell-sex-says-BBC-pundit-Michael-Stich.html

woah, he sounds bitter. Ok, which wta girl turned him down and caused this result? :mrgreen:

Do they really sell sex? None of them are sexy like that. If for anything people tune in hoping for hell's chance of a good performance, not because they hope for a glimpse of upskirt:-?

hewittboy
06-20-2009, 05:10 PM
He is right. The women cant play tennis these days. They suck. They are only there for sexual appeal. Next.

lordmanji
06-20-2009, 05:15 PM
He is right. The women cant play tennis these days. They suck. They are only there for sexual appeal. Next.

well, i'd defend it but the tour does suck. it's full of chokers

zapvor
06-20-2009, 05:15 PM
i concur^ the upskirt is where its at, not the game

Docalex007
06-20-2009, 05:22 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1194452/Wimbledon-girls-just-sell-sex-says-BBC-pundit-Michael-Stich.html

woah, he sounds bitter. Ok, which wta girl turned him down and caused this result? :mrgreen:

Do they really sell sex? None of them are sexy like that. If for anything people tune in hoping for hell's chance of a good performance, not because they hope for a glimpse of upskirt:-?

Are you kidding? I'm going to opening day at Wimbledon tomorrow (can't wait!!!) and I am looking forward to seeing two things:

1) ATP players playing

and

2) WTA skirts, butt and legs

go figure...

FeŮa14
06-20-2009, 05:23 PM
He's right to a point. I've been on a show court and after Gasquet v Fish, Sharapova came on and emptied the place! Everyone went and looked on the outside courts only to come back when her match was over and Roddick was on. The last few games of her match that I saw were memorable only for the laughs she got from her stupid grunt.

This was also the same tournament that people watched Federer practice in their hundreds, only to move along to watch Ferrer practice when Federer's time was up and a top female came onto court next.

It's nothing personal against women, they just can't play tennis to the same standards as the men can. Why would you want to want Jankovic and Safina when you can have Federer and Nadal?

Bud
06-20-2009, 05:27 PM

Any of the top 1000 women would own you with double bagels :oops:

35ft6
06-20-2009, 05:49 PM
He is right. The women cant play tennis these days. They suck. They are only there for sexual appeal. Next.Most of the girls are better at tennis than turning me on, that's for sure.

ChanceEncounter
06-20-2009, 05:51 PM
So if the Wimbledon girls are all about selling sex, what do the girls at Madrid do?

Commando Tennis Shorts
06-20-2009, 05:53 PM
well, i'd defend it but the tour does suck. it's full of chokers

punn intended?

ronalditop
06-20-2009, 06:03 PM
LOL at Serena's response. Michael Stitch is talking about hot girls, so serena has nothing to do with the subject.

tacou
06-20-2009, 06:06 PM
that's a nice pic of Maria!

lordmanji
06-20-2009, 06:06 PM
i'll give the wta tour one thing: theyre at least better than all the other women's tours out there.

Tennis_Bum
06-20-2009, 06:20 PM

They can't play and they are not at all that attractive. With all of the grunting, shrieking, glares, they just don't look that attractive to me. The old days, female players, sure didn't hit the ball as hard, but they were at least attractive to look at, but now, man these female players seem like they can bench press their opponents with their screams.

JeMar
06-20-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm sorry to say that it's true.

jimbo333
06-20-2009, 06:22 PM
The screaming should have been banned years ago, they don't need to do it!!!

フェデラー
06-20-2009, 06:23 PM
What about the Williams?

Cyan
06-20-2009, 06:24 PM

What a dork!

forehand_dude
06-20-2009, 06:55 PM
that's a nice pic of Maria!

Yep, I don't have any comment on what Stich said, other than this might be the hottest pic I've ever seen.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/20/article-1194452-056A8902000005DC-289_468x286.jpg

120mphBodyServe
06-20-2009, 06:57 PM
He's pretty much right on the money.
Been happening ever since Kournikova came on the tour...

Claudius
06-20-2009, 07:02 PM
I have a question. Are players like Serena, Venus, Jankovic, and Safina aware of the terrible slump women's tennis is in?

Claudius
06-20-2009, 07:08 PM
He's pretty much right on the money.
Been happening ever since Kournikova came on the tour...

I enjoyed watching players like Hingis and Henin and even Mauresmo for that matter. Couldn't stand Davenport however.

I just can't believe how one-dimensional the women's game is. If one player in the top ten can learn to just attack and approach the net, and use variety such as short angles, slices, and drop shots, she'll probably be number one and win slams consistently.

mutantducky
06-20-2009, 07:13 PM
his comments might have caused more of an uproar except...he is right. sigh. women's tennis is rather awful and most seem to buy into the old Agassi- Image is everything line.

and yeah that pic rocks:twisted:

DRII
06-20-2009, 07:19 PM
there are some sexist *******s on this message board. lol... exactly what sport do women play as well as men... tennis problably comes closest of the major sports. wta is definitely in a slump right now. but dont go overboard with the criticism.

Sentinel
06-20-2009, 07:48 PM
SERENE quote:

She added: ĎIíve never been one of the loudest grunters. I just play my game and sometimes I grunt and sometimes I donít. Iím not conscious when Iím doing it. Iím just zoned out. It doesnít really affect me if my opponent is [grunting].

That's the real quote of the article, not Stich's opinion.

tacou
06-20-2009, 07:50 PM
SERENE quote:

That's the real quote of the article, not Stich's opinion.

good catch, my brain malfunctioned when I read that, it could not even be processed

RCizzle65
06-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Yep, I don't have any comment on what Stich said, other than this might be the hottest pic I've ever seen.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/20/article-1194452-056A8902000005DC-289_468x286.jpg

:shock: HOT DAMN

forehand_dude
06-20-2009, 08:08 PM
^

Does anyone know what photo shoot that is from, and where we can find more pics? (preferably with the disgusting old man's head cropped out) :)

forehand_dude
06-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Never mind, I found it (sports illustrated)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_swimsuit/tennis/maria-kirilenko/09_maria-kirilenko_11.html

forehand_dude
06-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Here's the video that goes with it (last one, I promise.) Hate to say it, but Stich's case is looking pretty strong.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_swimsuit/video/maria-kirilenko.html

Tennis_Bum
06-20-2009, 08:42 PM
I have a question. Are players like Serena, Venus, Jankovic, and Safina aware of the terrible slump women's tennis is in?

No, they are too busy getting high on themselves to really look at what you ask objectively. They will never see things that way, no way in hell. Serena things women tennis is great because of her and her sister alone.

CyBorg
06-20-2009, 08:48 PM
It is no secret that Stich hates women's tennis.

Golden Retriever
06-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Hmmmm............no wonder Wimbledon insists on the players wearing white. You can almost see the nipples when white shirts get wet. Somehow I don't find that to be particularly sexy though.

35ft6
06-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Honestly, girls can wear anything and men will find it sexy. There's nothing Wimbledon can do to conceal a woman's sexuality. They try to use burqa's in some country and I'm sure there guys talk about a hot pair of eyeballs he saw earlier. I mean, what are some of the things men find sexy? Just about everything. Bikini? The opposite of what a librarian would wear and both are stereotypes of sexiness. Teacher? Nurse? Female cop? Submissive? Dominant? Everything in between. There's nothing that can be done.

CanadianChic
06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
^^ Good point.

OTMPut
06-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Honestly, girls can wear anything and men will find it sexy. There's nothing Wimbledon can do to conceal a woman's sexuality. They try to use burqa's in some country and I'm sure there guys talk about a hot pair of eyeballs he saw earlier. I mean, what are some of the things men find sexy? Just about everything. Bikini? The opposite of what a librarian would wear and both are stereotypes of sexiness. Teacher? Nurse? Female cop? Submissive? Dominant? Everything in between. There's nothing that can be done.

Men are visual. And that's why they play far better tennis at ATP.

IvanAndreevich
06-20-2009, 10:04 PM
They won't sell much with that alone.

tudwell
06-20-2009, 10:07 PM
^^ Good point.

Damn, that's a sexy post.

I'm sorry, what were you guys talking about?

Nadal_Freak
06-20-2009, 10:09 PM
For some reason I'm thinking of Caroline Wozniacki at the moment when thinking of this thread. :D

ChanceEncounter
06-20-2009, 10:58 PM
there are some sexist *******s on this message board. lol... exactly what sport do women play as well as men... tennis problably comes closest of the major sports. wta is definitely in a slump right now. but dont go overboard with the criticism.
Tennis is hardly the closest. Women don't play anywhere near as well as men.

Cesc Fabregas
06-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Stich is right.

MarcRosset1992
06-20-2009, 11:05 PM

ice skating, oh! and mud fighting come to mind

zagor
06-20-2009, 11:05 PM

Kirilenko is just smoking hot on that picture.Andreev is one very,very(and I mean very)lucky man.

MarcRosset1992
06-20-2009, 11:19 PM

Serena thinks women's tennis is more exciting to watch than men's.

If Gasquet gets done for giving a kiss to a blow-up doll, I imagine what should that Serena's statements provide enough evidence to ban her for this life and next.

joeri888
06-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Whoa, Serena looks like A-team's BA in that link.

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Stich is on drugs if he considers the women there to sell sex. Who the **** are they selling that to?

He needs to get out more.

Underhand
06-21-2009, 10:09 AM
I imagine Kuznetsova as tries to sell sex... Ouch!

mentalcase
06-21-2009, 10:11 AM
The men sell sex too. Image is everything.

Klatu Verata Necktie
06-21-2009, 10:20 AM
I imagine Kuznetsova as tries to sell sex... Ouch!

Who do you think she sells sex to?

grafselesfan
06-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Stich is on drugs if he considers the women there to sell sex. Who the **** are they selling that to?

He needs to get out more.

Serena, Vaidisova, Kirilenko, and Ivanovic are somewhat attractive in their own ways I guess. Most of the rest are dogs though. The current womens tour provides neither much good tennis or even the sex appeal part though. I dont even know what it provides anymore.

Underhand
06-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Who do you think she sells sex to?

Blind men? Pensioners? Dunno. Maybe Stich.

Cesc Fabregas
06-21-2009, 10:41 AM

This is exactly why Stich is right nobody watches Kirilenko for her tennis they watch her because she is drop dead gorgeous.

grafselesfan
06-21-2009, 10:44 AM
This is exactly why Stich is right nobody watches Kirilenko for her tennis they watch her because she is drop dead gorgeous.

Yeah her tennis sucks but that is sure a hot shot. If the WTA wants to save itself from extinction they should allow players like Kirilenko play in outfits just like that during their matches.

Cesc Fabregas
06-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah her tennis sucks but that is sure a hot shot. If the WTA wants to save itself from extinction they should allow players like Kirilenko play in outfits just like that during their matches.

Yep then all of a sudden the WTA becomes more popular than the ATP. :)

FlamEnemY
06-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Most of the girls are better at tennis than turning me on, that's for sure.

Heheh, sad days for the WTA!

I beg to differ. Shooting sports. ;)

Nadal_Freak
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Well said. Women aren't even close to men. They are hot and cute which is why the tour sells well. But the tennis level is a joke if you compare the 2.

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Serena, Vaidisova, Kirilenko, and Ivanovic are somewhat attractive in their own ways I guess. Most of the rest are dogs though. The current womens tour provides neither much good tennis or even the sex appeal part though. I dont even know what it provides anymore.

I would agree that a small number are mildly attractive in their own way (ex. Vaidisova and Hantuchova below the waist) , but Stich's claim is just upside down.

All-rounder
06-21-2009, 11:41 AM
I would agree that a small number are mildly attractive in their own way (ex. Vaidisova and Hantuchova below the waist) , but Stich's claim is just upside down.
But you do have to take into consideration based on the inconsistency in the wta tour almost every week or two the top 10 changes and we see new faces but they don't stay for long

Claudius
06-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Well said. Women aren't even close to men. They are hot and cute which is why the tour sells well. But the tennis level is a joke if you compare the 2.

Agreed. 10 char

ChanceEncounter
06-21-2009, 02:06 PM
But they get paid the same!11one

wilkinru
06-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Hantuchova wins the SSI shoot to me.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_swimsuit/tennis/daniela-hantuchova/

Love athletic women like that.

The-Champ
06-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Serena sells!

Ripster
06-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Okay well I like to watch the tennis first and foremost. Great looking girls are a big bonus though.

Actually now that I think about it, most of my favourites are good looking....

grafrules
06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Actually now that I think about it, most of my favourites are good looking....

Who are your favorites? I mean mostly the female side I guess.

tennis_hand
06-21-2009, 05:40 PM

you have summed it all.

even the boys in WTA like the williams are also there to sell sex. :o

Fandango
06-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Its pretty true. Us men are more excited fo the other game going on-spotting the next upskirt.

The-Champ
06-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Stich would rather see, Vicario, Novotna and Davenport than...

Sharapova
Ivanovic
and the outrageously gorgeos Serena Williams.

Stich needs to see an eye doctor.

Ambivalent
06-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Those sock tans are disgusting. They're even worse than mine :P

Gasquetrules
06-21-2009, 07:54 PM
It's a big turn-on for men to watch fit, attractive young women sweat and grunt while doing anything. It's about like mud wrestling in a sense.

The women's game is a bit boring at times. My favorite player to watch -- just for her game -- is Mauresmo. Henin also had an enjoyable game. Neither are big turn-ons to men.

I recall that the classic match between Capriati and Seles at the US Open (about 1990) had a wet T-shirt aspect to it. Seles didn't wear a bra at that time. Both women were slugging the cover off the ball, grunting and panting and sweating, their shirts utterly soaked, nipples obvious. It sounded like rough sex. Yeah, that was some raw sexuality for the guys watching. The tennis was one dimensional, but it was great entertainment.

Watching someone like Hantuchova play, especially in her hot outfits, takes the sex appeal to another level.

ESP#1
06-21-2009, 07:58 PM
I think he crossed the line a bit, no need to be so critical, the women are trynig they just aren't that good

Ripster
06-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Who are your favorites? I mean mostly the female side I guess.

Well my two all time favourites are Hingis and Henin.

On the current tour I like the Serbs, also Sharapova, Hantuchova, Azarenka, Chakvetadze, Schnyder, Vaidisova, Venus. Probably a few others.

What about you.... besides Graf :)

grafrules
06-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Well my two all time favourites are Hingis and Henin.

On the current tour I like the Serbs, also Sharapova, Hantuchova, Azarenka, Chakvetadze, Schnyder, Vaidisova, Venus. Probably a few others.

What about you.... besides Graf :)

All time my favorites are Graf, Sabatini, Novotna, Pierce, Spirlea, and Henin. Amongst the current players my favorites are Sharapova, Azarenka, Dementieva, and Kuznetsova.

Gasquetrules
06-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Check out women's beach volleyball. If that isn't about selling female sexuality, what is? They are great athletes, but standard uniform is a skimpy bikini.

And now they've come up with something called women's beach tennis. And sure enough, the women are pretty much required to have great T and A and wear bikinis. The skill level may be equivalent to 3.0 tennis.

And for the borderline child molesters there is always women's gymnastics.

Which makes me figure that the audience for women's basketball has to be mostly lesbians. Especially in the pro game. The WNBA has zero sex appeal for men. The women are all unappealing, and the basketball is not on par with a decent boy's high-school contest.

No wonder the WNBA is such a losing proposition.

Gasquetrules
06-21-2009, 08:27 PM
To be really honest, though, I do enjoy watching women's tennis. I just put the game into the perspective that I'm watching women athletes competing against each other and know that it doesn't compare to the speed, power and shotmaking of the men, nor the complexity of the game.

But still, I enjoy it a lot. And if the women are pretty or have great bodies and are fit and athletic, that just adds some spice to the mix.

Some of my all-time favorites (as far as their games and just being great competitors) are Graf, Hingis and Navratilova. Graf had some of the best legs ever on a woman, both for looks and just great wheels. Hingis had one of the most interesting games ever, and she was a real cutie first time out. Navratilova was just a great player. Period.

Today I enjoy watching Jankovic (game and personality and very fit), Demnetiava, Hantuchova, Patty Schnyder, and yes, Safina... warrior princess. I suppose I enjoy watching the women play because they are women. And I'm a man.

JoshDragon
06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
I hate to say this but I think he's partly right. I never watch the WTA because the quality of tennis usually isn't there. There must be another reason for people to watch. I guess it's sex appeal.

Ambivalent
06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
I only watch womens tennis if it's a slam final, if it's a match gone long and covering a ATP match slot, or if it involves hot women.

Fedace
06-21-2009, 09:53 PM

Is Maria selling sex too ?? IF so, i am buying.....:)

DarthMaul
06-21-2009, 10:21 PM
The last woman who played real tennis out there was Henin. I'm still sad she retired.

Leublu tennis
06-22-2009, 12:40 AM
He's right to a point. I've been on a show court and after Gasquet v Fish, Sharapova came on and emptied the place! Everyone went and looked on the outside courts only to come back when her match was over and Roddick was on. The last few games of her match that I saw were memorable only for the laughs she got from her stupid grunt.

This was also the same tournament that people watched Federer practice in their hundreds, only to move along to watch Ferrer practice when Federer's time was up and a top female came onto court next.

It's nothing personal against women, they just can't play tennis to the same standards as the men can. Why would you want to want Jankovic and Safina when you can have Federer and Nadal?
Good old American PC. It suc*s.

Telepatic
06-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Of course, when WTA sucks I will watch women body..I like Sharapova,Wozniacki and Ana but I like to watch some ugly female players aswell like Razzano,Serena,Safina..

Scorch
06-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Wow what is this a **** size-comparison thread?

"I am so manly I cannot help but perv on the women" "all they are good for is looking at" "I cant wait to go and look up their skirts" blah blah blah

This is plain sexist, but I am guessing the guys who make these comments don't care and would not understand the word misogynist. If any of you have daughters think about how you are under selling their opportunities and worth by belittling women in this way. A few jokes here and there seems ok but some of the stuff here is way OTT.

The women's tour is in a slump in terms of interest. However that does not mean that it will stay this way. It needs a few dominant players to separate from the pack.

A couple of years ago (late 90s early 00s) there was a lot more personality in the women's game and it had equal if not more interest than the men's game. Just because women cannot attain the same performance levels as men does not mean that women's tennis cannot have equal value.

babbette
06-28-2009, 02:24 PM
"Looks count more than talent when they decide who plays on centre court"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196155/Babe-set-match-How-looks-count-talent-decide-girls-play-Centre-Court.html

"And last night the All England Club admitted that physical attractiveness is taken into consideration".

ninman
06-28-2009, 02:32 PM

You see, because of this it's perfectly reasonable for women to be given equal prize money.

Leublu tennis
06-28-2009, 02:34 PM

"I am so manly I cannot help but perv on the women" "all they are good for is looking at" "I cant wait to go and look up their skirts" blah blah blah

This is plain sexist, but I am guessing the guys who make these comments don't care and would not understand the word misogynist. If any of you have daughters think about how you are under selling their opportunities and worth by belittling women in this way. A few jokes here and there seems ok but some of the stuff here is way OTT.

The women's tour is in a slump in terms of interest. However that does not mean that it will stay this way. It needs a few dominant players to separate from the pack.

A couple of years ago (late 90s early 00s) there was a lot more personality in the women's game and it had equal if not more interest than the men's game. Just because women cannot attain the same performance levels as men does not mean that women's tennis cannot have equal value.WTA was hot when Anna Kournikova showed them how to dress for tennis.

tacou
06-28-2009, 03:49 PM

A couple of years ago (late 90s early 00s) there was a lot more personality in the women's game and it had equal if not more interest than the men's game. Just because women cannot attain the same performance levels as men does not mean that women's tennis cannot have equal value.

I suppose it's sexist but it doesn't change the fact that the only entertainment the WTA offers currently is sex appeal. I find Maria Kirilenko extremely beautiful and the only time I get to see her is (duh) when she's playing tennis. I find nothing about her game very striking, so if I didn't find her attractive I'd not watch her matches. however, if she was ever playing at the same time as, say, ANY male player, I'd watch the male. simple as that.

chris
06-29-2009, 08:17 PM
guess this is what has to happen since no one can stand watching womens tennis anymore

FedFan_2009
06-29-2009, 08:32 PM
if you watched Henin play, it wasn't because of looks.