PDA

View Full Version : Bollettieri Scholarships?

nadalfan!
06-20-2009, 05:24 PM
I was wondering how a junior gets a scholarship to the Bollettieri Tennis academy? I went there yesterday but I could not get in to see anything inside the campus or anyone playing there. So, how would someone gain access inside the actual academy?

scraps234
06-20-2009, 07:34 PM
im not to sure but they actually wouldnt let you in? you would have to have a nice rank to get a scholarship i think

nadalfan!
06-21-2009, 05:31 AM
im not to sure but they actually wouldnt let you in? you would have to have a nice rank to get a scholarship i think

Yeah, they said sorry, you can't go in unless you are a staff member or a player there. But, the ranking is the only way to get a scholarship there?

10isRocs
06-21-2009, 06:19 AM
Call and tell them you are interested in attending, make an appointment and they will let you in!:)

nadalfan!
06-21-2009, 06:31 AM
Call and tell them you are interested in attending, make an appointment and they will let you in!:)

Sad part of that deal is that I live in Michigan and I went to Miami for vacation and decided to visit the bollettieri academy on the way back home. I shoulda thought of that before when I was over there. Dang it.

nadalfan!
06-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Also heard of people getting just week-long scholarships? What do you have to do to get one of those?

scraps234
06-21-2009, 09:14 AM
o dang! thats crazy i didnt think they actually had guards... and i thought this academy was outdoors to...

nadalfan!
06-21-2009, 09:54 AM
o dang! thats crazy i didnt think they actually had guards... and i thought this academy was outdoors to...

They basically have gates that they raise up to allow you into the academy and a person there that is in charge of it. It's like a security system basically. As soon as you pass that, you get to tour the whole place. If anyone has been there or is going there, can you post some pics or a video, please?

nCode747
06-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Well, Bollettieri would probably have already contacted you if they wanted you playing there for a scholarship.

TennisCoachFLA
06-22-2009, 06:02 PM
They do give away weekend and week scholarships, basically to get a closer look. Those either go to kids whose videos are sent in and look good or an IMG scout sees them and wants to see more.

The true scholarships are very hard to get....a scout just has to be blown away by a kid. The scouts scour the world so there are more foreign kids wometimes than US kids.

The other way to get into the actual academy is to have parents who are loaded!

nadalfan!
06-22-2009, 07:07 PM
They do give away weekend and week scholarships, basically to get a closer look. Those either go to kids whose videos are sent in and look good or an IMG scout sees them and wants to see more.

The true scholarships are very hard to get....a scout just has to be blown away by a kid. The scouts scour the world so there are more foreign kids wometimes than US kids.

The other way to get into the actual academy is to have parents who are loaded!

I looked at Nick's website and it says that it's $1,000 just to send in one 45 min. video. Is this correct? Because if it is than I would rather go to a camp there than try to send in a video. And if I were to make a video, I would post it here first so I would get some insight from some other people to make sure that I have a sort of a chance.

nadalfan!
06-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Well, Bollettieri would probably have already contacted you if they wanted you playing there for a scholarship.

Well, I'm not just looking to benefit just me, I would like others to go through this thread to see how you get one also. I know my chances of getting a scholarship are slim to none, but I would work my butt off just to try to get a little attention from a person there. I am motivated enough by myself to work as hard as I can, but the fact is that no one around here likes to play a lot of tennis every day and usually they are busy. My only problem is that I cannot play as good in matches as in my practice sessions. I know a lot of people have told me its lack of experience, you need more match play, etc. That's not it. It's something mental that I just can't seem to get over. But, like I said I will post a video sometime soon because right now I am toying with different camera views so you guys can see exactly what's going on and make sure that you guys can give me some helpful tips.