PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic's draw is a joke, by far the easiest

cuddles26
06-21-2009, 02:16 PM
What a ridiculously easy draw Djokovic gets. I doubt it will matter as he isnt that good on grass and is in weak form at the moment but his quarter is a joke.

malakas
06-21-2009, 02:17 PM
I think you mistake Djokovic with Murray..

Bundey
06-21-2009, 02:17 PM
What a ridiculously easy draw Djokovic gets. I doubt it will matter as he isnt that good on grass and is in weak form at the moment but his quarter is a joke.

Yea I completely agree. I see Cilic or Haas making it through this quarter.

P_Agony
06-21-2009, 02:18 PM
I think Murray has an easier draw.

Bundey
06-21-2009, 02:21 PM
I think you mistake Djokovic with Murray..

Seriously? Gulbis - 2nd round; Safin or Wawrinka 4th round; Gonzalez QF.

Compare that to Djokovic who doesn't even have anyone worth mentioning in his 1/8 of the draw and a possble quarter with Cilic, Haas, or Blake.

cuddles26
06-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Murray has Gulbis 2nd round potentialy. Regardless his ranking that guy has the game that can take out top players on a hot day. 4th round probably one of Wawrinka or Safin, both very dangerous players who can take out anyone. Quarters could be Gonzo who is a tough customer.

Who does Djokovic have who is dangerous on grass? Haas in the quarters maybe is his only tough opponent in his whole quarter, and that is so far away and Haas inconsistent enough who knows if he even makes it. Anyway I would still rather player Haas than Gonzo, despite Haas's recent good form.

malakas
06-21-2009, 02:23 PM

Compare that to Djokovic who doesn't even have anyone worth mentioning in his 1/8 of the draw and a possble quarter with Cilic, Haas, or Blake.

Gulbis hasn't gone past the 2nd round of any atp tourny in half a year.Safin may had made semis last year,but in general he considers grass his worst surface.Then Gonzo is in the quarters,but let's see if he even makes it that far first.

swedechris
06-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Doesnt Murray have Dent in like the 3rd round should Taylor get thru.. Dent is good on grass..underrated IMO

cuddles26
06-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Doesnt Murray have Dent in like the 3rd round should Taylor get thru.. Dent is good on grass..underrated IMO

If Dent makes it yes. I think Dent is tougher on grass than say Fish who Djokovic could play in the 3rd round. Dent's best surface by far is grass with his game.

Bundey
06-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Gulbis hasn't gone past the 2nd round of any atp tourny in half a year.Safin may had made semis last year,but in general he considers grass his worst surface.Then Gonzo is in the quarters,but let's see if he even makes it that far first.

Okay, he hasn't performed this year, but Gulbis, when hot, can take out anyone. Look at the fight he put up last year vs Rafa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H7CzU5xPe8

malakas
06-21-2009, 02:27 PM
If Dent makes it yes. I think Dent is tougher on grass than say Fish who Djokovic could play in the 3rd round. Dent's best surface by far is grass with his game.

Dent is just making his come back from surgery.But except for this very important fact,his matchup against Murray is tragic for him.

malakas
06-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Okay, he hasn't performed this year, but Gulbis, when hot, can take out anyone. Look at the fight he put up last year vs Rafa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H7CzU5xPe8

yes,but he hasn't in so many months.The expected is,not to perform like that now.

gj011
06-21-2009, 02:29 PM
I disagree. Murray and Federer have easier draws.

Bundey
06-21-2009, 02:31 PM
yes,but he hasn't in so many months.The expected is,not to perform like that now.

Still I'd rather face Tipsy or Fish than Gulbis.....

malakas
06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Still I'd rather face Tipsy or Fish than Gulbis.....

Tipsy is very good on grass!!Much better than the unreliably and inconsistent GulbisI have Tipsy being the last serbian standing in Wimby this year.

shadows
06-21-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't think it's easier than Murrays draw, but with Del Potro shifting up it's definitely one of the easier 1/4s now.

cuddles26
06-21-2009, 02:40 PM

How so? I already went through Murray's draw above. Federer has Kohlschreiber who has been playing lights out tennis the last month in the 3rd round. Soderling who just had an amazing French Open and is better on fast surfaces than clay in the 4th round. Tsonga a recent slam finalist and Masters winner indoors last year who excels on faster courts and reached the round of 16 of the French recently as his projected quarterfinal, if not him than Karlovic the games best server, or Verdasco who has been playing consistent top 8 caliber tennis all year.

Who the heck does Djokovic have in his quarter that is tough other than maybe Haas in the quarters if he gets there. His 16 opponent is consistent third tier clay courter Robredo and his projected quarterfinal seed is #17 seed Blake.

Nadal_Freak
06-21-2009, 02:42 PM
I think this thread was meant for Federer. lol

cuddles26
06-21-2009, 02:46 PM

Again explain. I just went through Federer's draw. Earlier this thread I went through Murray's. Now tell me who is tough in Djokovic's quarter. I am all ears since nobody who has disagreed has explained a thing yet.

mozzer
06-21-2009, 02:53 PM
I think this thread was meant for Nadal. Ohhh yeah thats right... :rolleyes:

Blinkism
06-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Murray has Gulbis 2nd round potentialy. Regardless his ranking that guy has the game that can take out top players on a hot day. 4th round probably one of Wawrinka or Safin, both very dangerous players who can take out anyone. Quarters could be Gonzo who is a tough customer.

Who does Djokovic have who is dangerous on grass? Haas in the quarters maybe is his only tough opponent in his whole quarter, and that is so far away and Haas inconsistent enough who knows if he even makes it. Anyway I would still rather player Haas than Gonzo, despite Haas's recent good form.

The same logic you used for Haas can be applied to Gulbis. Inconsistent enough, who knows if he'll even make the second round!

Also, Wawrinka is not dangerous on grass. He is not a streaky player, so what we've seen from him on grass for the last couple of years is what we'll see from him again.

Safin and Gonzo are... meh.. I see Murray taking them easy.

skip1969
06-21-2009, 02:57 PM
the words "joke draw" (or substitute "cakewalk") should be forever barred from this forum. every tourney, it's the same old sh*t!

cuddles26
06-21-2009, 03:11 PM
The same logic you used for Haas can be applied to Gulbis. Inconsistent enough, who knows if he'll even make the second round!

I agree completely here. With all that in mind Gulbis is only the projected 2nd round opponent of Murray, Haas is the projected of many quarterfinal opponent of Djokovic. See the difference. Gulbis is 1 of 3 or 4 potentially very dangerous rounds in the Murray quarter, Haas is within the only round of the Djokovic quarter (the others like Cilic could also only play Djokovic in the quarters). You are comparing the 2nd round opponent of Murray to the most dangerous opponent in the entire Djokovic quarter, which pretty much proves my point.

Also, Wawrinka is not dangerous on grass. He is not a streaky player, so what we've seen from him on grass for the last couple of years is what we'll see from him again.

Which is actually more than than anyone in Djokovic's quarter other than maybe Haas (and only because Haas has been in good form lately). I mean who would a top player rather play on grass, Robredo or Wawrinka, LOL!

Safin and Gonzo are... meh.. I see Murray taking them easy.

Probably but Djokovic in his current form would have never wanted to see them. The point isnt whether these players will survive. In his current form and on this surface Djokovic still probably has more shot to not reach the semis than either Federer or Murray even with his cupcake draw. The point is who has the tougher opponents in their draw.

Blue Drop
06-21-2009, 03:15 PM
He definitely has the easiest draw (it's a conspiracy!). Not that it matters, because he'll flame out as usual.

veroniquem
06-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Good for him, I hope he'll make it to the semis and make up for his early exit last year.

Blue Drop
06-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Good for him, I hope he'll make it to the semis and make up for his early exit last year.

Doubtful, but you can always hope ...

cuddles26
06-21-2009, 03:30 PM

I hope he does too. I think the semis would be a terrific showing for him at this years Wimbledon and he would be thrilled to even reach that round given his low confidence at the moment. This ridiculously easy draw could be what the doctor ordered for him.

Fedgasm
06-21-2009, 03:32 PM

Wow, you really have no shame do you? Federer got zero respect with his draw his year. He has by far the toughest draw. Okay, let's analyze the matchups starting in the 3rd round (I'll give Djokovic the benefit of the doubt and say he does a little better than last year.)
3rd Round (I'll give Djokovic the benefit of the doubt and say he gains points at Wimbledon)
Federer
Has to face Kohlschreiber, I'm pretty sure your happy that Novak doesn't have to face him in light of recent events. If memory serves me correctly Kohlschreiber absoultely destroyed Djokovic in straight sets at Roland Garros.
Djokovic
Possible 2nd round with Mardy Fish or Tipsarevic. Not exactly easy for sure, but there is no telling if Tipsarevic will show up for any match, or Fish for that matter. Too inconsistent to be a real threat.
Harder 3rd round Federer
4th Round
Federer
Has to face Robin Soderling...... enough said. Worst possible 4th round opponent. French Open finalist, and not exactly a chump on grass.
Djokovic
More than likely has to face Robredo who has never done anything on grass. Possibley Schuettler who was a semi-finalist last year but I don't see that happening again. He has been in terrible form, especially at Roland Garros.
Harder 4th Round Federer by a landslide with the toughest possible match
Quarterfinals
Federer
Three players could plausibley make it from the other side of Federer's quarter. Most likely he will face Tsonga who didn't play last year, but has a game that matches up well for grass. Verdasco, who blasts his forehand just as hard as any top 10 player and is the most improved player in the last year has a chance to make the quarters. Ivo Karlovic also has an outside chance if his serve is 100% but I doubt he makes it past Tsonga.
Djokovic
Djokovic is facing the weakest 1/8 of the draw to make it to the semi-finals. Haas? Old... Blake? Old... Cilic? Never done anything on grass or made a deep run in a slam. Really easy quarterfinal matches for Djokovic if he can even get there.
Harder quarterfinal: Federer by a landslide.

grafrules
06-21-2009, 03:37 PM

You apparently dont even have the tiniest ounce of objectivity or even shame. You are even more a hopeless cause than I originaly thought.

vtmike
06-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Wow, you really have no shame do you? Federer got zero respect with his draw his year. He has by far the toughest draw. Okay, let's analyze the matchups starting in the 2nd round (same round where Djokovic was handled by Safin last year.)
3rd Round (I'll give Djokovic the benefit of the doubt and say he gains points at Wimbledon)
Federer
Has to face Kohlschreiber, I'm pretty sure your happy that Novak doesn't have to face him in light of recent events. If memory serves me correctly Kohlschreiber absoultely destroyed Djokovic in straight sets at Roland Garros.
Djokovic
Possible 2nd round with Mardy Fish or Tipsarevic. Not exactly easy for sure but there is no telling if Tipsarevic will show up for any match, or Fish for that matter. Too inconsistent to be a real threat.
Harder 3rd round Federer
4th Round
Federer
Has to face Robin Soderling...... enough said. Worst possible 4th round opponent. French Open finalist, and not exactly a chump on grass.
Djokovic
More than likely has to face Robredo who has never done anything on grass. Possibley Schuettler who was a semi-finalist last year but I don't see that happening again. He has been in terrible form, especially at Roland Garros.
Quarterfinals
Federer
Three players could plausibley make it from the other side of Federer's quarter. Most likely he will face Tsonga who, didn't play last year, but has a game that matches up well for grass. Verdasco, who blasts his forehand just as hard as any top 10 player and is the most improved player in the last year has a chance to make the quarters. Ivo Karlovic also has an outside chance if his serve is 100% but I doubt he makes it past Tsonga.
Djokovic
Djokovic is facing the weakest 1/8 of the draw to make it to the semi-finals. Haas? Old... Blake? Old... Cilic? Never done anything on grass or made a deep run in a slam. Really easy quarterfinal match if he can get there.

Owned !

jimbo333
06-21-2009, 03:45 PM

I agree with this:)

Murray has a harder draw than Djokovic, so it's a good job he's a better player!!!

wilkinru
06-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Hass is playing like it is 2002. Have to see if he can glide through his matches early on and stay fresh.

The-Champ
06-21-2009, 03:47 PM
So far only Rafa has had the balls to actually grab slams from federer in a final. Let's see if anyone from this bunch can actually do it. Roger is probably going to play some "first time in a final" finalist again who would crumble when the tough gets going. It's not Roger's fault though.

veroniquem
06-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Wow, you really have no shame do you? Federer got zero respect with his draw his year. He has by far the toughest draw. Okay, let's analyze the matchups starting in the 3rd round (I'll give Djokovic the benefit of the doubt and say he does a little better than last year.)
Federer
Djokovic
Possible 2nd round with Mardy Fish or Tipsarevic. Not exactly easy for sure, but there is no telling if Tipsarevic will show up for any match, or Fish for that matter. Too inconsistent to be a real threat.
Harder 3rd round Federer
4th Round
Federer
Djokovic
Quarterfinals
Federer
Three players could plausibley make it from the other side of Federer's quarter. Most likely he will face Tsonga who didn't play last year, but has a game that matches up well for grass. Verdasco, who blasts his forehand just as hard as any top 10 player and is the most improved player in the last year has a chance to make the quarters. Ivo Karlovic also has an outside chance if his serve is 100% but I doubt he makes it past Tsonga.
Djokovic
Djokovic is facing the weakest 1/8 of the draw to make it to the semi-finals. Haas? Old... Blake? Old... Cilic? Never done anything on grass or made a deep run in a slam. Really easy quarterfinal matches for Djokovic if he can even get there.
What happens in the first 2 rounds that you found yourself compelled to skip them?

Fedgasm
06-21-2009, 03:52 PM
What happens in the first 2 rounds that you found yourself compelled to skip them?

Federer has to play Calleri while Djokovic either plays qualifier Simon Greul or qualifier Michael Yani. Anymore questions smart alec?

grafrules
06-21-2009, 03:53 PM

Considering you are ensured to not play anyone ranked in the top 32 it is pretty unlikely a top 4 seed will have that tough an opponent in the first 2 rounds. As it is though Murray gets the streaky but very dangerous Gulbis, by far the toughest first 2 round opponent of any top 4 seed.

dunlop kid
06-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Theres no such thing as an easy draw in a Grand Slam, every player could play really well and stage and upset. Fish is a great player who i will tip to beat Djokovic.

Defcon
06-21-2009, 05:45 PM
The Djoker has a joke draw, its funny how the trolls are trying to defend it as tougher than Fed's :)

Fed by far has the toughest draw out of Djok and Murray yet of course they will choose to ignore that fact.

gj011
06-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Federer
Djokovic
Harder 3rd round Federer
4th Round
Federer
Djokovic
Quarterfinals
Federer
Djokovic

It looks like you forgot Wimbledon is played on grass.

Tipsarevic/Fish > Kohlschreiber
On grass Tipsarevic and Fish are better players than Kohl who is usually out of the Wimbledon in the first round, while say Tipsarevic made it easily to 4th round last two years.

Robredo/Scheuttler > Soderling
Scheuttler was in the SF last year in Wimbledon. Soderling will never repeat his fluke RG run. Also grass is not his strong surface.

Haas/Cilic > Tsonga/Verdasco
Haas beat Tsonga easily in Halle. Tsonga and Verdasco never did anything worth mentioning on grass.

Djokovic's quarter is harder. End of story.

IvanAndreevich
06-21-2009, 06:10 PM
the words "joke draw" (or substitute "cakewalk") should be forever barred from this forum. every tourney, it's the same old sh*t!

Agreed x 100.

Gugafan
06-21-2009, 06:16 PM

I almost forgot about Dent. He is a pure serve volleyer who can certainly play on grass...Murray would have to go through some tough opponents to make the second week. I expect him to make it but Gulbis, Dent, Wawrinka/Safin is certainly a tough early section.

Fedgasm
06-21-2009, 06:17 PM

On grass Tipsarevic and Fish are better players than Kohl who is usually out of the Wimbledon in the first round, while say Tipsarevic made it easily to 4th round last two years.

Scheuttler was in the SF last year in Wimbledon. Soderling will never repeat his fluke RG run. Also grass is not his strong surface.

Haas beat Tsonga easily in Halle. Tsonga and Verdasco never did anything worth mentioning on grass.

Kohlschreiber is playing great right now and in Halle he lost to Haas in 3 losing two sets in tiebreakers. And are you telling me that Scheuttler, who is 10-17 on the year and lost to Benjamin Becker in Halle is more dangerous than a guy who is coming off a French Open final? Really?

grafrules
06-21-2009, 06:21 PM

Yes like 33 year old or something Schuettler is more likely to repeat a run like he had at Wimbledon last year than 24 year old Soderling is able to repeat a run (a better run with much bigger wins btw) like he had at the French Open this ear on his worst surface. Robredo is somehow tougher than Sodereling on grass coming off Soderling's amazing French Open, when Robin is a noted dangerous fast court player with flat strokes, when Robredo is ranked lower, past his prime, and a clay courter who has eternally sucked on grass. Also Robredo has shown anything of late on grass up to Soderling's near defeat of Nadal at Wimbledon 2 years ago.

Cilic has proven so much and produced so many results in the last year or so compared to Tsonga or Verdasco. Haas wins one small tournament on grass and he suddenly jumps over two top 10 players.

Kohlschreiber really seems to not be playing up to the level of Fish and Tipsarevic of late. Also Haas enters superior to top 10 players mode based on his small tournament win, where Kohlschreiber was likely robbed of vs Haas by a bogus call is still inferior to two run of the mill top 30 players who have done nothing lately, one who surprise of all surprises is a Serb.

Your logic continues to astound all. :oops:

gj011
06-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Yes like 33 year old or something Schuettler is more likely to repeat a run like he had at Wimbledon last year than 24 year old Soderling is able to repeat a run (a better run with much bigger wins btw) like he had at the French Open this ear on his worst surface. Robredo is somehow tougher than Sodereling on grass coming off Soderling's amazing French Open, when Robin is a noted dangerous fast court player with flat strokes, when Robredo is ranked lower, past his prime, and a clay courter who has eternally sucked on grass. Also Robredo has shown anything of late on grass up to Soderling's near defeat of Nadal at Wimbledon 2 years ago.

Cilic has proven so much and produced so many results in the last year or so compared to Tsonga or Verdasco. Haas wins one small tournament on grass and he suddenly jumps over two top 10 players.

Kohlschreiber really seems to not be playing up to the level of Fish and Tipsarevic of late. Also Haas enters superior to top 10 players mode based on his small tournament win, where Kohlschreiber was likely robbed of vs Haas by a bogus call is still inferior to two run of the mill top 30 players who have done nothing lately, one who surprise of all surprises is a Serb.

Your logic continues to astound all. :oops:

No need for insults. My logic is quite fine. I just compare what those players did on grass so far. It is you guys who seem to forget that grass is quite different surface than clay and HC.

grafrules
06-21-2009, 06:39 PM
No need for insults. My logic is quite fine. I just compare what those players did on grass so far. It is you guys who seem to forget that grass is quite different surface than clay and HC.

Yeah and Robredo is some grass court master!?! What the heck has he ever done on grass. The guy has not made it past the 2nd round of Wimbledon since 2003 now. Heck is 7-8 on grass in the last 5 years including some puny Dutch event with weak draws he enters each year. Yet he is somehow superior to Soderling on grass, even if Soderling wasnt coming off such an amazing French Open.

You put Soderling's French Open performance down to fluke (since you cant argue he is better on clay than grass) and yet build up Schuettler because of his semifinal performance last year which is 10x the fluke showing at this point in his career.

ambro
06-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I'd say it's a toss up between Fed and Murray for the tough draws, and Del Potro and Djoker for the easier ones. Still though, it's a Grand Slam, and the draw is just that, a draw. It's not like they hand picked them.

Leublu tennis
06-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Kohlschreiber really seems to not be playing up to the level of Fish and Tipsarevic of late. I guess you mean that he is playing at a higher level. Is that right? Kohls S at Halle, R16 at FO. Fish Q at Queens R128 at FO. Tipsy Q at Eastborne, R64 at Queens, R64 at FO. You might want to check records and not rely on a faulty memory before you make statements.

Your logic continues to astound all. :oops: A bit presumptious, isn't it? Who exactly are you to speak for all?

grafrules
06-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I guess you mean that he is playing at a higher level. Is that right? Kohls S at Halle, R16 at FO. Fish Q at Queens R128 at FO. Tipsy Q at Eastborne, R64 at Queens, R64 at FO. You might want to check records and not rely on a faulty memory before you make statements.

If you read my entire post you should not have escaped the obvious sarcasm in that statement.

Leublu tennis
06-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Yea I completely agree. I see Cilic or Haas making it through this quarter.
That would be a bit hard to do since they are in the same quarter.

ChanceEncounter
06-21-2009, 06:56 PM
That would be a bit hard to do since they are in the same quarter.
Hence "or."

Leublu tennis
06-21-2009, 07:00 PM
If you read my entire post you should not have escaped the obvious sarcasm in that statement.
Sorry. I read your post again, and your "sarcasm", if thats what it is, related to Kohlschreiber is way too subtle for me.

grafrules
06-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Sorry. I read your post again, and your "sarcasm", if thats what it is, related to Kohlschreiber is way too subtle for me.

I guess I should have put an eye rolley icon or something. Sorry being on this forum lately is mind numbing at times. :) Kohl is in Federer's draw and from my entire post one can see which draw I think is the harder draw between him and Djoko (and thanks for further helping me prove my point by pointing out stats that support how much better Kohl is playing than Tipsy or Fish btw) and which side all my sarcasm would be directed towards.

Leublu tennis
06-21-2009, 07:02 PM
I guess I should have put an eye rolley icon or something. Sorry being on this forum lately is mind numbing at times. :)O.K. O.K. Peace, bro.

Leublu tennis
06-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Hence "or."Wooops. I should probably turn in. Its 5am here.

Telepatic
06-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Murray actually have no real threat until finals....I respect Delpo but hes a question mark on grass I think..

tahiti
06-22-2009, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't say an opening match against Benneateau is an easy draw.

Serendipitous
06-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Benneteau is certainly not easy.

vive le beau jeu !
06-22-2009, 12:19 PM

come on... ;)
i can't believe you really think what you wrote in this post !!!
especially the part with robredo... coming from you...... :rolleyes:
no no... that's not possible, you must be joking ! :)

Benneteau is certainly not easy.
i think novak will easily win this match...
EDIT
how did novak lose a set to benneteau ?!... is he rusty ?

maximo
06-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Novak's draw isn't a joke since he struggles with people like Benneteau...

GameSampras
06-22-2009, 01:19 PM
The type of tennis Djoker has been playing over the last year, even a cakewalk is still "iffy" for the DJokester. Hes been nothing short of a disappointment slam wise since AO 08

hewittboy
06-22-2009, 04:12 PM
The type of tennis Djoker has been playing over the last year, even a cakewalk is still "iffy" for the DJokester. Hes been nothing short of a disappointment slam wise since AO 08

He was very consistent in the slams from the 2007 French to 2008 French. Always semis or better, always performing very well. Since the 2008 French he has become alot more inconsistent in the slams.

FlamEnemY
06-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Actually from 2007 FO to 2008 USO, he lost in the semi there.

But you are right.

gj011
06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Actually from 2007 FO to 2008 USO, he lost in the semi there.

But you are right.

Well since FO 2007 (time he breaks top 10 ranking), he was in SF or better on
6 GSs, and failed to make the SF only on 3.

The only two real blunders were matches against Safin in Wimbledon 08 and Kohlschreiber in RG 09.

Still people constantly talk about his "inconsistent" GS performances.

Blue Drop
06-22-2009, 05:50 PM

Here's some consistency for ya: Djoko has quit three out of four grand slam tournaments -- once while defending champion. Not surprisingly, each time he was trailing:

2005 French Open second round - Retired when trailing Guillermo Coria 6-4, 2-6, 2-3.

2006 French Open quarter-final - Retired after losing first two sets to Rafael Nadal.

2007 Wimbledon semi-final - Retired against Nadal when losing 6-3, 1-6, 1-4.

2009 Australian Open quarter-final - Retired when trailing 7-6, 4-6, 2-6, 1-2 to Andy Roddick.

One more to go to complete the career slam of quitting.

navratilovafan
06-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Well since FO 2007 (time he breaks top 10 ranking), he was in SF or better on
6 GSs, and failed to make the SF only on 3.

The only two real blunders were matches against Safin in Wimbledon 08 and Kohlschreiber in RG 09.

What you dont mention is those 3 times lost before the SF are 3 of his last 4 slam appearances. Hence the only recently emerging talk of his inconsistent GS performances.

gj011
06-22-2009, 06:17 PM
What you dont mention is those 3 times lost before the SF are 3 of his last 4 slam appearances. Hence the only recently emerging talk of his inconsistent GS performances.

AO 2009 does not count. Novak was beaten by heat and shafted by organizers who refused to close the roof, while they did the same thing for Serena just a day after and she went on to win the whole thing.
He was better player by far in the QF before heat affected him, so he would have clearly made the SF if there was no extreme heat, or if organizers closed the roof as they should have.

So you only have Wimbledon 2008 and RG 2009.

10isplayer
06-22-2009, 06:22 PM
But you have to deal with the conditions and andy roddick showed that he could so why not novak? Dealing with the heat is just like any other factor in a tennis match.

Blue Drop
06-22-2009, 06:23 PM
AO 2009 does not count. Novak was beaten by heat and shafted by organizers who refused to close the roof

The conspiracy theory ... riiiight. He was somehow "shafted," but not his opponent, who played on and looked fine?

Please.

lambielspins
06-22-2009, 06:25 PM
AO 2009 does not count. Novak was beaten by heat and shafted by organizers who refused to close the roof, while they did the same thing for Serena just a day after and she went on to win the whole thing.
He was better player by far in the QF before heat affected him, so he would have clearly made the SF if there was no extreme heat, or if organizers closed the roof as they should have.

http://www.myorkutglitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/baby-cry.gif

http://www.lorrimichals.com/images/outside_audience_laughing_hard.jpg

lambielspins
06-22-2009, 06:30 PM
I wonder what gj011's excuse for the *** kicking Djokovic received by Roddick in Indian Wells is. Maybe he had a hanging toenail that day, or an itchy shirt, or a hair out of place, or the chair umpire used a slightly harsh tone at a challenge and emotionally wrecked him.

gj011
06-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I wonder what gj011's excuse for the *** kicking Djokovic received by Roddick in Indian Wells is. Maybe he had a hanging toenail that day, or an itchy shirt, or a hair out of place, or the chair umpire used a slightly harsh tone at a challenge and emotionally wrecked him.

No, Novak was beaten by the better player on the court that day in IW. It is as simple as that.
However that was not the case in AO 2009.

lambielspins
06-22-2009, 06:39 PM
No, Novak was beaten by the better player on the court that day in IW. It is as simple as that.
However that was not the case in AO 2009.

Djokovic and Roddick played under the exact same conditions at AO. So why were the conditions too hard for Djokovic and not for Roddick?

Fedgasm
06-22-2009, 07:17 PM

Welcom to tennis gj. I don't know if you have been around the sport very long, but you play when the weather is hot. 90 percent of tennis is physical condition/fitness so you're right maybe he was better BEFORE the heat affected him, but not after. So he lost. It's as simple as that. Roddick handled the heat well and won the match as Djokovic added the third major in his quest for the career slam of retirements.

jamesblakefan#1
06-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Ah, gj. Gaining new fans every day, I see. :)

Blue Drop
06-22-2009, 07:57 PM
http://www.myorkutglitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/baby-cry.gif

http://www.lorrimichals.com/images/outside_audience_laughing_hard.jpg

OK, now THAT's funny!