PDA

View Full Version : Are you actually excited for Wimbledon?

DarthFed
06-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Despite being my favorite tournament...ever and my favorite surface to watch...

Im not excited this year...i wanted Fed Vs Nadal SW19 part IV...but it's not going to happen and Im not in slam mode...ie i made plans this week and i haven't put my life on hold..

I'd be glad if fed won but i wont be broken up if he doesn't (if his goal was to please me and only me as a fan then he more than paid his dues in Paris).

Anyone else feel that way

Serendipitous
06-21-2009, 03:59 PM
I am very excited!

I enjoy Wimbledon much more than Roland Garros.....

zagor
06-21-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm excited for the possible Fed-Murray final.Because it would be a historic occasion with either the first Brit winning Wimbledon for ages or Fed becoming the man with most slams ever.The normally calm British crowd would be wild because of Murray.

Other than that I'd be also excited if someone unexpected like Tsonga,Novak or Roddick wins.

I also feel that Fed winning Paris really completed his career.

Overall I always enjoy Wimbledon.

icedevil0289
06-21-2009, 04:16 PM

Im not excited this year...i wanted Fed Vs Nadal SW19 part IV...but it's not going to happen and Im not in slam mode...ie i made plans this week and i haven't put my life on hold..

I'd be glad if fed won but i wont be broken up if he doesn't (if his goal was to please me and only me as a fan then he more than paid his dues in Paris).

I'm excited about it. Wimbledon is my favorite tournament as well. I know what you mean though, it would have been really cool for a fedal final and I'm a bit upset that federer won't have a chance to get his revenge for last year.

However, like zagor said, if it were to be a murray vs. fed final, it will be interesting. The first brit to win wimbly or federer surpassing pete's record. One of those two things happening will be amazing to watch, although I would prefer the latter, but one step at a time. I know it's extremely premature and fed hasn't even gotten past his first round, but it would be so cool to see pete present the trophy to roger.

Edit: I am however really sad ancic, nalby, and gasquet won't be there. I have always loved seeing ancic and gasquet play on grass.

Badger
06-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Of course! It's Wimbledon man! Get what your saying though, with Nadal gone, it's a little bit of a dampener. But we could still have a great semis up to final if we end up with all top 7 players.

NamRanger
06-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Personally I think it's going to be an A.Rod v. Federer final, and A.Rod is gonna roll over like a turtle.

lambielspins
06-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Personally I think it's going to be an A.Rod v. Federer final, and A.Rod is gonna roll over like a turtle.

I like Roddick but that is sort of the reason I would rather Murray in the final. I think Murray would give Federer a tougher challenge, make a bigger fight to win.

jimbo333
06-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Yep, and going later today, so can't wait:):):)

Fedgasm
06-21-2009, 04:26 PM
It would definitely be better if Nadal was playing, but it looks like an exciting draw that could produce some fun tennis. Let's hope for the best.

icedevil0289
06-21-2009, 04:28 PM
I should also add that I'm excited to see how dent does as well as grigor dimitrov.

tenis
06-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Excited?
Yes, but I'm extremely worry about the TV coverage. They may screw us again with all the "only US players show" and blah,blah,blah: 21 commentators on board nonstop craptalking, just like the RG.

Badger
06-21-2009, 04:35 PM
It would definitely be better if Nadal was playing, but it looks like an exciting draw that could produce some fun tennis. Let's hope for the best.

Agreed. 10 chars.

Fea14
06-21-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm excited for the possible Fed-Murray final.Because it would be a historic occasion with either the first Brit winning Wimbledon for ages or Fed becoming the man with most slams ever.The normally calm British crowd would be wild because of Murray.

Other than that I'd be also excited if someone unexpected like Tsonga,Novak or Roddick wins.

I also feel that Fed winning Paris really completed his career.

Overall I always enjoy Wimbledon.

Spot on. I'm more excited about this Wimbledon than I have been for years. As you say, a Federer v Murray final and all it entails would be something truly special.

I'd love a Murray v Federer final but yeah, that's my prediction also.

icedevil0289
06-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Spot on. I'm more excited about this Wimbledon than I have been for years. As you say, a Federer v Murray final and all it entails would be something truly special.

I'd love a Murray v Federer final but yeah, that's my prediction also.

Especially with all the "trash talking" that has been going on between them.

Nadal_Freak
06-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Most boring slam in years. Hopefully Murray or Djokovic prove me wrong.

Ocean Gypsy
06-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Er, hello. It hasn't started yet. It can't possibly be boring yet.

IvanAndreevich
06-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Hell yes. It's a shame that Nadal couldn't make it, but there are plenty of guys around even without him.

skip1969
06-21-2009, 05:54 PM
how can you moan about a tournament even before the first ball is struck?? how is that possible? nadal is out, so now wimbledon is gonna be boring? were you saying that the last four years when nadal was getting to the final of roland garros every year? and winning every year?

i look forward to every slam, because there are only four a year. i am looking forward to this slam, even without nadal. i am looking forward to this slam, even though i've filled out my bracket and have murray in the final. and i don't like murray. but i am still looking forward to this slam.

there's much more to enjoying a tourney than just getting the final that you long for.

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm even more excited this Wimbledon now that Nadal is out. This way, we are guaranteed not to have the same final 4 times in a row between Federer and Nadal so there will be someone new in the final this year, and to me, that's very exciting, especially if it's Murray since the crowd will be really into it. :)

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Um....do you also proclaim a movie as the most boring you've ever seen BEFORE you even see it? :-?

Nadal_Freak
06-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Um....do you also proclaim a movie as the most boring you've ever seen BEFORE you even see it? :-?
Alright most boring draw in years similar to a movie that has a bad preview. Who knows how the outcome will be but the signs aren't good.

Fea14
06-21-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm even more excited this Wimbledon now that Nadal is out. This way, we are guaranteed not to have the same final 4 times in a row between Federer and Nadal so there will be someone new in the final this year, and to me, that's very exciting, especially if it's Murray since the crowd will be really into it. :)

I have a feeling it could be Roddick against Federer, which is also like dj vu! :)

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Alright most boring draw in years similar to a movie that has a bad preview. Who knows how the outcome will be but the signs aren't good.
Hmmm....have they already shown clips of the matches from this year's Wimbledon already?

Where can I watch these? :oops:

Fedgasm
06-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Hmmm....have they already shown clips of the matches from this year's Wimbledon already?

Where can I watch these? :oops:

It's called an analogy.

Sentinel
06-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Without Nadal, NO !

We'll have to put up with the two most overrated untalented pushers of all time standing 5 meters behind the baseline moon-balling each other for hours (one swiss, one scot).

BigServer1
06-21-2009, 07:57 PM

Let me guess...Most boring since AO 2006?

Djokovic probably won't prove you wrong, but Murray very well could. I think he's got a shot at going to the final.

Total pity that Nadal isn't there this year, because I think that Federer would have beaten him in the final anyway.

ESP#1
06-21-2009, 08:07 PM
I agree, my favorite matches for the last few years were

federer vs nadal 07
roddick vs gasquet 07
murray vs gasquet 08
federer vs nadal 08

so its clearly not going to be the same for me

prattle128
06-21-2009, 08:11 PM
I feel like an idiot asking this, but SW19 = what? I know I'm gonna hate myself when I hear what it is, since I feel like I know what it means, but I just can't think of it haha.

ESP#1
06-21-2009, 08:13 PM

I guess you can say its like making a sequel to a movie without its main character, still could be great just not really sure what to think yet

yonexxx
06-21-2009, 08:14 PM

what kind of turtle?

grafrules
06-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I have a feeling it could be Roddick against Federer, which is also like dj vu! :)

if that is the final it would be deja vu all right. Federer easy as always.

tennis_hand
06-21-2009, 08:17 PM
I feel like an idiot asking this, but SW19 = what? I know I'm gonna hate myself when I hear what it is, since I feel like I know what it means, but I just can't think of it haha.

it is just like calling FO as Roland Garros.

ESP#1
06-21-2009, 08:19 PM

I have no idea really but i thought it had to do with the area code or something:confused:

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-21-2009, 08:21 PM
im really excited to watch novak get whipped in the early round again. Also, excited to see how many racquets Safin breaks(im guessing 3).

Excited to see James Blake lose to a guy he should kill again, and excited to see Gulbis push Murray to 4 sets.

Most of all, excited to see Federer hopefully reclaim his crown

prattle128
06-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks. Yeah I just can't figure out why it's SW19 specifically, but oh well. SW19 = Wimbledon, that much I understand now, so thanks!

Nadal_Freak
06-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Let me guess...Most boring since AO 2006?

Djokovic probably won't prove you wrong, but Murray very well could. I think he's got a shot at going to the final.

Total pity that Nadal isn't there this year, because I think that Federer would have beaten him in the final anyway.
I'm not convinced with Murray on grasscourts. He says he is much more comfortable at the US Open and Australian Open. He could get to the final but Fed is likely going to win given this is by far his favorite surface.

ESP#1
06-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks. Yeah I just can't figure out why it's SW19 specifically, but oh well. SW19 = Wimbledon, that much I understand now, so thanks!

Think its the area code to where wimbly is held, not from england so im not sure

malakas
06-21-2009, 09:14 PM
yes it's the post code or somthing of the wimbledon area.

Yes I am very excited,but also am I bit dissapointed and angry because I won't be able to watch the final!So if it's Roddick Federer I will know at least I haven't missed much :p

Blinkism
06-21-2009, 09:33 PM
I should also add that I'm excited to see how dent does as well as grigor dimitrov.

This will make day 1 (or does he play day 2??) very interesting, for sure!

Blinkism
06-21-2009, 09:36 PM
And yeah, with Nadal gone i'm definitely not in slam mode. :(

Also, because Fed won the French I don't feel like i'd be watching anything over-the-top special if he were to win. He's GOAT whether or not he breaks Sampras record, IMO.

And I don't want Murray to win.

So unless Djokovic, Safin, or Hewitt make the final, I doubt I'll be watching the tourney as intensively as the AO this year, for example.

cork_screw
06-21-2009, 09:40 PM
I think you mean "Are you excited ABOUT wimbledon." Seeing how wimbledon isn't a person.

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 10:05 PM
It's called an analogy.
A preview of a movie shows actual clips from the movie.

Where are the clips of the actual matches from the "09 Wimbledon?

How can you possibly determine that all the matches will be boring BEFORE they're even played? :confused: :-?

BreakPoint
06-21-2009, 10:13 PM
SW19 is the postal code (or zip code) for the village of Wimbledon (a suburb outside of London).

kevinrose
06-21-2009, 10:39 PM
I'd like to see a Hewitt Federer final.. but its probably gonna be a (either) Andy v Federer final

joeri888
06-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Best of the four Slams, and I'm really excited about it. It's Wimbledon, the unofficial world championships of tennis, the most prestitious tournament in the world, the history of tennis lies here. It's the best tournament in the world. EVERYONE who is a true fan of tennis itself looks forward to Wimbledon.

joeri888
06-21-2009, 10:44 PM
A preview of a movie shows actual clips from the movie.

Where are the clips of the actual matches from the "09 Wimbledon?

How can you possibly determine that all the matches will be boring BEFORE they're even played? :confused: :-?

Didn't N_F just mean that Federer is so much better than the rest that the outcome will be boring?;)

Sentinel
06-21-2009, 11:45 PM
No No, you dufuses.

SW19 is a SWING WEIGHT 1.9 , less than SW2, but definitely more than SW1.
I don't recommend SW19 or SW2, bad for the arm.

<3tennis!!!
06-21-2009, 11:53 PM
yes of course!!!

effervescence
06-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Yeah, definitely excited. Rafa not being there is a big loss, of course, but tennis is still tennis, and I'm pretty sure the tennis will still be good even if there's no chance for a potential Fed-Nadal rematch. :)

Leublu tennis
06-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Most boring slam in years. Hopefully Murray or Djokovic prove me wrong.When Nadal does not play, tennis is boring, right? You follow, what 25 tournaments per year, do you?

prattle128
06-22-2009, 12:05 AM
SW19 is the postal code (or zip code) for the village of Wimbledon (a suburb outside of London).

ok, thanks for clearing that up!

jman
06-22-2009, 12:06 AM

I'm with you on this one!
I think it's due to the excitement Roland Garros drew. Probably one of the best slams in years. And also Nadal is out too.
I'll watch, but won't be staying up all night to watch. I'd like to see Federer win it, but if he doesn't, it won't bother me, because as you said, he paid his dues in Paris.

joeri888
06-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Why are Fed fans not excited. People clearly underrate the RG-Wimbledon double only done by Rafa and Borg since Laver.

Plus, it's the best tournament in the world anyway.

Telepatic
06-22-2009, 12:37 AM
I am excited, and I will be even more if top seeds show some good form.

GOD_BLESS_RAFA
06-22-2009, 02:10 AM
yes as I guess Federer will win it! LOL

skip1969
06-22-2009, 03:08 AM
No No, you dufuses.

SW19 is a SWING WEIGHT 1.9 , less than SW2, but definitely more than SW1.
I don't recommend SW19 or SW2, bad for the arm.
don't be dense. the guy asked a legitimate question and the correct answer was already given.

zagor
06-22-2009, 03:16 AM
don't be dense. the guy asked a legitimate question and the correct answer was already given.

I'm 100% sure Sentinel was just kidding around,he's a good-natured joker.He wasn't ridiculing the poster who asked that question or anything like that,I'm pretty certain of it.He meant no harm by it.

matchmaker
06-22-2009, 03:18 AM
I am definitely not as excited as I would normally be for Wimbledon.

The thing is that you just know that the final will very likely not be as great as last year, which was probably the best match ever.

Federer's carreer has basically done the full cycle, so if he keeps on winning and winning like Graf did in the women's game, it would not really be exciting anymore.

I think only Nadal haters can be more excited about this year's Wimbledon than about last year's.

But it is still Wimbledon and I am bound to watch some matches, though maybe not all of them.

kOaMaster
06-22-2009, 03:19 AM
it is wimbledon!
the one and only tournament I always followed, no matter if the players I cheered for were in.

I love to watch tennis on grass, more than any other surface

zagor
06-22-2009, 03:24 AM
I am definitely not as excited as I would normally be for Wimbledon.

The thing is that you just know that the final will very likely not be as great as last year, which was probably the best match ever.

Federer's carreer has basically done the full cycle, so if he keeps on winning and winning like Graf did in the women's game, it would not really be exciting anymore.

I think only Nadal haters can be more excited about this year's Wimbledon than about last year's.

But it is still Wimbledon and I am bound to watch some matches, though maybe not all of them.

So Brits who are maybe more excited this year because Murray is finally coming into his own and has a chance to be the first Brit in ages to hold the title are Nadal haters as well? Don't be apsolutistic,no one here is entitled to like Nadal or his tennis and no player is bigger than the game.Even if Fed was missing it this year,I'd still find Wimbledon exciting.And I will also find Wimbledon exciting after Fed is gone.

Tennis isn't only Fed or Nadal.

Sentinel
06-22-2009, 03:35 AM

then its even more clear that i was kidding -- i made the dangerous mistake of omitting the smiley (zagor style), appa he can pull it off, i cant :-(

Seriously speaking, I've been following Wimbly since at least 1980 ... Borg, Mac, Connors. Stars will come and go, WO will continue!

skip1969
06-22-2009, 03:40 AM
yes . . . the smiley face is key. :)

Gorecki
06-22-2009, 03:42 AM
I'm 100% sure Sentinel was just kidding around,he's a good-natured joker.He wasn't ridiculing the poster who asked that question or anything like that,I'm pretty certain of it.He meant no harm by it.

happens all the time to him and to me! it's like everyone here is on uncontrolled rage... and that eventually rubs on those of us who take things lightly... like it hapenned to me more than once...

matchmaker
06-22-2009, 03:42 AM
So Brits who are maybe more excited this year because Murray is finally coming into his own and has a chance to be the first Brit in ages to hold the title are Nadal haters as well? Don't be apsolutistic,no one here is entitled to like Nadal or his tennis and no player is bigger than the game.Even if Fed was missing it this year,I'd still find Wimbledon exciting.And I will also find Wimbledon exciting after Fed is gone.

Tennis isn't only Fed or Nadal.

I am just saying that although Wimbledon is a great tournament, it is not as exciting as last year because not all the top contenders are there. A good run from Murray would do a lot of good to make the tournament more interesting.

I remember Wimbledon when Pete and Andre were gone and Fed had not started his prime yet. It wasn't really an incredibly interesting thing.

No one is greater then the game, but great players do make a great game.

Gorecki
06-22-2009, 03:46 AM
it is wimbledon!
the one and only tournament I always followed, no matter if the players I cheered for were in.

I love to watch tennis on grass, more than any other surface

i like you... Jun 2009, having a KOA avatar... something tells me we are going to be friends...

zagor
06-22-2009, 03:49 AM
happens all the time to him and to me! it's like everyone here is on uncontrolled rage... and that eventually rubs on those of us who take things lightly... like it hapenned to me more than once...

Yeah I've seen it happen to you both,people easily get ticked off and aren't exactly that quick to get sarcasm.

skip1969
06-22-2009, 03:53 AM

Yeah I've seen it happen to you both,people easily get ticked off and aren't exactly that quick to get sarcasm.
god, did i seem that upset? i guess i should have used the smiley, too.

zagor
06-22-2009, 03:54 AM
I am just saying that although Wimbledon is a great tournament, it is not as exciting as last year because not all the top contenders are there. A good run from Murray would do a lot of good to make the tournament more interesting.

I remember Wimbledon when Pete and Andre were gone and Fed had not started his prime yet. It wasn't really an incredibly interesting thing.

No one is greater then the game, but great players do make a great game.

To each his own,for me personally Goran winning Wimbledon in 2001,bombing 30 aces each round with a bum shoulder under painkillers remains one of the greatest stories ever in any sport,not just tennis.The atmosphere in Goran-Rafter final will never be matched for me.

I was also excited to see Nalbandian(whose game I always loved)reach a Wimbledon final in 2002 which I didn't expect to happen.

Yes great players like Fed and Nadal are great for tennis,but tennis is still great for me even without them.

zagor
06-22-2009, 03:57 AM

You should have,as you said smileys are the key :).

Sentinel
06-22-2009, 04:06 AM
my good friend jamesblakefan#1 is not going to be too happy when he wakes up ....

Gorecki
06-22-2009, 04:35 AM

in all honesty, i wasnt referring to your post... in fact i didnt even read it, and now that i did it, it wasnt that bad at all. it's just that in these boards, there are a lot of trigger happy posters...

:)

yes... smiley's are the key! people here can actually comunicate via smileys better than words...

:)

TheNatural
06-22-2009, 04:50 AM
No where near as exciting without Nadal in the draw. But still exciting nonetheless. Especially looking forwards to seeing a first time slam champion.

TheNatural
06-22-2009, 05:14 AM
To each his own,for me personally Goran winning Wimbledon in 2001,bombing 30 aces each round with a bum shoulder under painkillers remains one of the greatest stories ever in any sport,not just tennis.The atmosphere in Goran-Rafter final will never be matched for me.

I was also excited to see Nalbandian(whose game I always loved)reach a Wimbledon final in 2002 which I didn't expect to happen.

Yes great players like Fed and Nadal are great for tennis,but tennis is still great for me even without them.

That was a great sporting moment.Pity for rafter to go so close and lose though! Rafter was a legend with his sportsmanship, very much in the Nadal mold. They're perfect sportsmen BOTH when they won AND when they lose.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/16/article-0-004070CF00000258-888_468x372.jpg
Great scenes: Rafter congratulates Ivanisevic after his 6-3 3-6 6-3 2-6 9-7 win in 2001's final

I hear youre playing Goran Ivanisevic in the Masters Tennis in London in December. Does your defeat at Wimbledon to him still hurt?

I met up with Goran (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1193508/Rafter-Goran-Federer-Murrays-better-Henman.html) in Austria at the Champions Tour event, and we're all that little bit older, little bit slower, but we had a good laugh about him, mainly him being a nutter. For the final few months that we were on tour together we didn't talk about that Wimbledon final, but we have since we retired. When we played the Tour event in Austria last year. The loss stayed with me for a while - longer than all the others.
I think I probably saved Goran's life as I reckon he would have jumped off a bridge if he'd have lost that, so I get to take the p*** out of him now.

AAAA
06-22-2009, 05:14 AM
The French Open had some great matches even without Nadal so I don't expect Wimbledon to be any different.

Tennis_Maestro
06-22-2009, 05:31 AM
Nadal's out, get over it, tennis was exciting before he came along and that won't change now he's out of action for a bit.

tahiti
06-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Hardly. A grandslam without the no. 1 in the world and defending champion is like a hamburger without the burger :( I'm depressed :(

joeri888
06-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Hardly. A grandslam without the no. 1 in the world and defending champion is like a hamburger without the burger :( I'm depressed :(

Grandslams should always be a feast for the real tennisfan. Even if the whole top 10 didn't show up, it's still tennis.. The best sport in the world. I really love the Muller-Soderling and Golubev-Tsonga matches. I don't need Nadal-Acasuso or Federer-Lu that much to enjoy wimbledon a great deal

tahiti
06-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Grandslams should always be a feast for the real tennisfan. Even if the whole top 10 didn't show up, it's still tennis.. The best sport in the world. I really love the Muller-Soderling and Golubev-Tsonga matches. I don't need Nadal-Acasuso or Federer-Lu that much to enjoy wimbledon a great deal

Sure, but not if the top 10 wasn't there, come on!! They produce the best tennis in the world, with a lot fewer errors than lower ranked players. And watching a grandslam to see whether the defending champion will fail or not to defend the title adds a twist to every tournament, which Wimby this year doesn't have. Plus knowing that the road is far more open now for Federer to win again ....the outcome is almost a foregone conclusion. No one else has the balls to beat him. Unfortunately there's no "yawn yawn smilie here. " But thanks for trying to cheer me up.

zagor
06-22-2009, 07:08 AM
That was a great sporting moment.Pity for rafter to go so close and lose though! Rafter was a legend with his sportsmanship, very much in the Nadal mold. They're perfect sportsmen BOTH when they won AND when they lose.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/16/article-0-004070CF00000258-888_468x372.jpg
Great scenes: Rafter congratulates Ivanisevic after his 6-3 3-6 6-3 2-6 9-7 win in 2001's final

I hear you’re playing Goran Ivanisevic in the Masters Tennis in London in December. Does your defeat at Wimbledon to him still hurt?

I met up with Goran (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1193508/Rafter-Goran-Federer-Murrays-better-Henman.html) in Austria at the Champions Tour event, and we're all that little bit older, little bit slower, but we had a good laugh about him, mainly him being a nutter. For the final few months that we were on tour together we didn't talk about that Wimbledon final, but we have since we retired. When we played the Tour event in Austria last year. The loss stayed with me for a while - longer than all the others.
I think I probably saved Goran's life as I reckon he would have jumped off a bridge if he'd have lost that, so I get to take the p*** out of him now.

Great article,thanks for posting it.And yes Rafter was one of the nicest and fairest tennis players I've ever seen.

Sure, but not if the top 10 wasn't there, come on!! They produce the best tennis in the world, with a lot fewer errors than lower ranked players. And watching a grandslam to see whether the defending champion will fail or not to defend the title adds a twist to every tournament, which Wimby this year doesn't have. Plus knowing that the road is far more open now for Federer to win again ....the outcome is almost a foregone conclusion. No one else has the balls to beat him. Unfortunately there's no "yawn yawn smilie here. " But thanks for trying to cheer me up.

Not true at all,realize that period of Fed and Nadal's complete dominance over the game are very likely over.Statements like these hold no water anymore.Fed certainly has a good chance for the title but this isn't 2006 anymore.

dennis10is
06-22-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm with you. My Mom forgot to buy more so this morning, I had to make do with Cheerios. So, yeah I'm bummed.

When Nadal announced that he could not play Wimbledon, I believe the sporting thing for the men's tour would have been to cancel all tennis tournaments until his knees are back to 100 percent and that he's can win all the tournaments he enters.

The disrepect the tour has shown to Rafa is unacceptable. Look, if he needs two years to recuperate. The can just show the Rafa career highlights over and over again. We can have 100 hours of Rafa beating Federer shown in a loop.

ESPN can also have computer animation of simulation of how Rafa would have beaten Fed had he made it to RG2009 or W2009.

How can we be discussing Wimbledon when we should be following Rafa's injury.

I've stopped playing tennis and showering until he gets back to the tour.

Mom! Where's my Cocoa Puffs and Old Spice?

tahiti
06-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Not true at all,realize that period of Fed and Nadal's complete dominance over the game are very likely over.Statements like these hold no water anymore.Fed certainly has a good chance for the title but this isn't 2006 anymore.

The element of surprise in tennis is always interesting. Last year was Fed's dip , this moment, Rafa's. I don't think their dominance is over though yet. It's more intense with Murray and Djoko in the mix but lets be honest, do you really see anyone in the men's field able to take on Roger on grass?

zagor
06-22-2009, 08:17 AM
The element of surprise in tennis is always interesting. Last year was Fed's dip , this moment, Rafa's. I don't think their dominance is over though yet. It's more intense with Murray and Djoko in the mix but lets be honest, do you really see anyone in the men's field able to take on Roger on grass?

Aside from Murray I don't know but Soderling took Nadal out of FO and Haas and Delpo were close to doing the same to Fed so it's obvious the field is catching up to them.Fed is still great even at 27-28 but in no way do I see him cruising to slam titles anymore,even with Nadal out of the draw.

tahiti
06-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Aside from Murray I don't know but Soderling took Nadal out of FO and Haas and Delpo were close to doing the same to Fed so it's obvious the field is catching up to them.Fed is still great even at 27-28 but in no way do I see him cruising to slam titles anymore,even with Nadal out of the draw.

I know Fed had some close matches but I think it was more strategic playing cat and mouse. He needed the tension practice so as not to fold in a potential final with Nadal.

but anyway... I hope you're right.

mandy01
06-22-2009, 08:44 AM
I see only the Nadal fans making a big deal and saying the result is a foregone conclusion..Everything starts from scratch and RG proved the unpredictablility of tennis ..but some dont want to learn..
There is no sure thing in tennis.

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I see only the Nadal fans making a big deal and saying the result is a foregone conclusion..Everything starts from scratch and RG proved the unpredictablility of tennis ..but some dont want to learn..
There is no sure thing in tennis.

I noticed that too. Many people who aren't that excited are complaining that there is no element of surprise and that for the most part, it seems roger will win. However, didn't that apply to the FO for the past few years? I wonder if these same people who think wimbly will be boring thought the FO was boring the past few years. It's quite easy to tell based on comments, who likes tennis, and who likes a particular player. One player does not=tennis.

BreakPoint
06-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Didn't N_F just mean that Federer is so much better than the rest that the outcome will be boring?;)
N_F said "Most boring slam in years." Before any matches have even been played.

And didn't everyone think the outcome of the French Open would be boring before the tournament?

Cesc Fabregas
06-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Novak Djokovic is going to beat Federer in the semis.

malakas
06-22-2009, 10:30 AM

and that is related to the topic..how exactly???:confused:

Cesc Fabregas
06-22-2009, 10:32 AM
and that is related to the topic..how exactly???:confused:

Because people were talking as if Federer has this in the bag.

BreakPoint
06-22-2009, 10:32 AM
How can we be discussing Wimbledon when we should be following Rafa's injury.

I've stopped playing tennis and showering until he gets back to the tour.

I think you're going to be one fat and smelly dude by the end of the year. :lol: LOL

BreakPoint
06-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Djoker may not even make it out of the 1st round.

Cesc Fabregas
06-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Djoker may not even make it out of the 1st round.

He's 2 sets to 1 up and is 4-3 up in the 4th.

BreakPoint
06-22-2009, 10:39 AM
He's 2 sets to 1 up and is 4-3 up in the 4th.
Tell Haas or Del Potro that.