PDA

View Full Version : Are headbands, like the one Nadal wears only for people with long hair?

Hrandyrko
06-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey guys! Yesterday I went to a sporting good store and saw a black and white headband that I just had to have, they were only 10 bucks each, so it was a good deal. But what I didn't realize was that all the pros who wear this item have very long hair. Is having long hair a necessity for this article of clothing? I have very, very short hair. In a little while, I will have an image of me wearing one of the headbands, please give me your opinion. Your HONEST opinion. Thanks guys! :twisted::):confused:

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Bandanas are used by the pros with long hair to keep their hair from not getting in their eyes. You can wear it even with short hair.

Tennisidentity
06-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Buy them. They are so much cooler looking than the terry headband. Short or long hair, they work!

Ocean Gypsy
06-21-2009, 05:05 PM
I have long hair but I simply use bandanas because I sweat like a hog. That's the reason most pros where them ... sweat absorption.

C_Smith
06-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Only long hair (atleast federer length), short hair and head bands looks terrible

kike_valerin
06-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Arnaud Clement dont have long hair

and use a bandanna ...

:)

ckledzepplin
06-21-2009, 05:36 PM
I have long hair but I simply use bandanas because I sweat like a hog. That's the reason most pros where them ... sweat absorption.

me too, the terry cloth headbands don't absorb enough sweat. I have long hair (shoulder length) and sweat alot, I use bandannas, after practice It is soaking wet with sweat, I have to play with one or else my hair gets in my way and the sweat goes in my eyes. yeah so if you have short hair, wear it if you sweat alot.

himynameisNIKE
06-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Arnaud Clement dont have long hair

and use a bandanna ...

:)

yeah he looks like a total badass

himynameisNIKE
06-21-2009, 05:38 PM
its not all about the hair i have long hair and i look like a ****** in a bandana. if u look good in it go for it

Mick
06-21-2009, 05:39 PM
...and headbands like the ones that james blake wears are for people with no hair :D

Hrandyrko
06-21-2009, 06:00 PM
...and headbands like the ones that james blake wears are for people with no hair :D

I hate those, lol. Ugh...

federbear
06-21-2009, 06:02 PM
I can't play without a bandana. The Nike ones are awesome, and its very convenient if you wear sunglasses when playing (which I do). They also keep the sweat from dripping.

thefan
06-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Where can I get some nice pattern design bandana online?

JoshDragon
06-21-2009, 06:10 PM
I have about 10 of these. I would recommend having long hair but it's not necessary for wearing them.

Federer's cat
06-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Nah, I have EXTREMELY long hair and I use the American headbands (stretch ones). The headbands that Nadal uses, I would think are just the European kind.

Mick
06-21-2009, 06:23 PM
i have shoulder length hair and i wear a hat :)

Storm_Kyori
06-21-2009, 06:28 PM
They wear bandanas and headbands are what James Blake wears. I've worn them with short hair because sometimes when I sweat it gets into my eyes and stings for a while. It helps absorb the sweat and keeps you from wiping it off every so often.

Hrandyrko
06-21-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm feeling a lot more confident about wearing a headband now, after hearing all the positive feedback.

miniRafa386
06-21-2009, 06:59 PM
look at delpo, he has short hair and rocks the headband

featherlight
06-21-2009, 08:40 PM
marcos used to have short hair and still wears a bandana

animainmachina
06-22-2009, 02:48 AM
speaking of headbands, does anyone know where I can get a Pat Cash checkerboard bandanna?

Stewball55
06-22-2009, 03:05 AM
Doesnt really matter, long hair or short. If it looks good and keeps sweat out of your eyes then go for it. I personally look like a **** in those, so I wear hats.

crash1929
06-22-2009, 04:21 AM
check out the old jonn mac pics.

The Don
06-22-2009, 05:31 AM
haha dood i bought one of those too. they work really well. Better then your typical headband which gets itchy. these headbands feel really good on your head and really absorbs sweat well. if you ask me i think its worth ten bucks

Rhinosaur
07-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I hate those, lol. Ugh...

Um...we bald people who sweat a lot need headbands more than anybody -- no hair to hold sweat. Caps are simply not absorbant enough.

Kick Serve 14
07-30-2009, 11:19 AM
it's just about personal preference, i wear either a nadal head band or a hat, depending on how bright it is outside...

Jay_The_Nomad
07-30-2009, 05:08 PM
If i'm playing with sunglasses, a simple hat would suffice since the sunglass will help keep hair out of face. But if no sunglasses, than i'll have to whip out the bandana and tie a quick headband.

I've never liked those terry cloth elastic headbands cuz they really tighten on my head and give me a headache... same thing for wrist bands... it makes the racquet feel different in my hand, the way it tightens on the wrist.

West Coast Ace
07-31-2009, 08:50 AM
I have long hair but I simply use bandanas because I sweat like a hog. That's the reason most pros where them ... sweat absorption.That's my reason - hats are good for keeping the sun out of your eyes but don't capture the sweat. My eyes can deal with the sun - can't deal with sweat pouring in them...

I have about 10 of these. I would recommend having long hair but it's not necessary for wearing them.I have at least 10 of the Nike bandanas. Would have more if Nike had sold some of the ones Rafa wore.

martini1
07-31-2009, 09:29 PM
They are actually for preventing excessive sweat running to your eyes. If you sweat a lot in your forehead area Bandanas are the best.

The only downside is you may get a tan line on your forehead if u don't put some sunscreen on the rest of the face. 

federer_15
08-01-2009, 01:19 AM
Hi I don't think Bandanas look bad on people with short hair, I have mid length hair and it suits me fine. The nike banadas are very thick so it doesn't look good if you tie them thin.

TensProfes
08-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Hey guys! Yesterday I went to a sporting good store and saw a black and white headband that I just had to have, they were only 10 bucks each, so it was a good deal. But what I didn't realize was that all the pros who wear this item have very long hair. Is having long hair a necessity for this article of clothing? I have very, very short hair. In a little while, I will have an image of me wearing one of the headbands, please give me your opinion. Your HONEST opinion. Thanks guys! :twisted::):confused:

They're great for short hair, actually, since sweat tends to drip off your head onto your face when the hair is short.

himynameisNIKE
08-05-2009, 06:47 AM
speaking of headbands, does anyone know where I can get a Pat Cash checkerboard bandanna?

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Accessories/TiesBandanasScarves/White-And-Black-Checkered-Bandana-208530.jsp

jonnythan
08-05-2009, 06:50 AM
I usually wear a hat, but if it's not bright out I'll pull out my Federer-style headband. I need one or the other because my head sweats more than Roddick's.