PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a shoe.

Federer's cat
06-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Alright, so here I am. I've been wearing Prince MC4 shoes ever since I got a knee injury because I was flat footed, and I've been wearing these shoes with my orthodics while I play.

Anyway, I've been having some stability issues with my current shoes and really feel like changing to a different shoe, something more stable (was looking into adidas barricade and feather). I usually like cushioned shoes, but I think my orthodics ruin that purpose.

Do you think there is any point in getting a cushioned shoe if I wear orthodics? Or should I just get something more structured and not worry about it?

Thanks.

Hrandyrko
06-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Alright, so here I am. I've been wearing Prince MC4 shoes ever since I got a knee injury because I was flat footed, and I've been wearing these shoes with my orthodics while I play.

Anyway, I've been having some stability issues with my current shoes and really feel like changing to a different shoe, something more stable (was looking into adidas barricade and feather). I usually like cushioned shoes, but I think my orthodics ruin that purpose.

Do you think there is any point in getting a cushioned shoe if I wear orthodics? Or should I just get something more structured and not worry about it?

Thanks.

From my personal experience, I have not seen a shoe which provides the overwhelming amount of cushion many people look for. Good shoes that provide great foot support and stability are the Nike Vapor VI and the Nike Breathe Cage II. Those are both excellent shoes. The Vapors to me, seem as though they give more stability. The Cages seem a bit more loose. Hope this helps:)

Hrandyrko
06-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey, and I'm from Long Island, New York too. I live in Elmont, and go to Port Washington Tennis Academy. How about you?

Federer's cat
06-21-2009, 06:57 PM
From my personal experience, I have not seen a shoe which provides the overwhelming amount of cushion many people look for. Good shoes that provide great foot support and stability are the Nike Vapor VI and the Nike Breathe Cage II. Those are both excellent shoes. The Vapors to me, seem as though they give more stability. The Cages seem a bit more loose. Hope this helps:)

Thanks man, but do you know anything about the adidas barricade? Are they any more/less structured than the Nike Breathe Cage II?

Hey, and I'm from Long Island, New York too. I live in Elmont, and go to Port Washington Tennis Academy. How about you?

Nice. You probably wouldn't know the place, but I go to Carefree Racquet Club. #7 on the ladder there, also live in East Meadow.

Hrandyrko
06-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks man, but do you know anything about the adidas barricade? Are they any more/less structured than the Nike Breathe Cage II?

Nice. You probably wouldn't know the place, but I go to Carefree Racquet Club. #7 on the ladder there, also live in East Meadow.

Oh my gosh!! Carefree, in Merrick?

Hrandyrko
06-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry about the double posts, I'm just so excited, haha. But no, I don't know about the Adidas Barricades. However, they are a very popular shoe, and if I weren't so much into Nike, but Adidas, I would definitely choose the Barricades; just based on all the hype, and all of the people wearing them! They've got to be a good shoe. Don't be afraid to try them! :)