PDA

View Full Version : D.Young: Should He Have Trained With Nadal In Maluca

Conquistador
06-21-2009, 07:45 PM
The question for Donald Young will always be: should he have went and trained with Nadal in Maluca. A guy at the local tennis courts agrees that Donald made a big mistake. I said, "This is the United States, we have all the resources in the world, all the technology, why go to Maluca?" I hear and hear people saying that Young could have been a different player training with Nadal. I dont buy this notion. The facilites in the US are world class. There are huge benefits to train with Nadal, but you can't get that much better, can you??

dincuss
06-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I would train with a world no 1 instead of with the "coaches"

Nadal_Freak
06-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Yep. Nadal has more knowledge in his brain than Young has in his finger.

coloskier
06-21-2009, 07:58 PM

And talent.

T1000
06-21-2009, 07:59 PM

That post made no sense. do you mean young"s whole body? it looks like you're insulting nadal. i may just not understand it correctly but it doesn't sound like you're complementing nadal :confused:

Nadal_Freak
06-21-2009, 08:00 PM
And talent.
True as well but Nadal maximized his and Donald Young didn't. Maybe he could have with Uncle Toni and Nadal teaching him the game and the discipline it takes.

Nadal_Freak
06-21-2009, 08:01 PM
That post made no sense. do you mean young"s whole body? it looks like you're insulting nadal. i may just not understand it correctly but it doesn't sound like you're complementing nadal :confused:
It's called a joke. Explaining the joke doesn't make it as funny.

OnceWas
06-21-2009, 08:03 PM
IF he had a chance to train with Nadal, and passed on it, it would be a big mistake.

RCizzle65
06-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I remember someone mentioning this, at what point in both of their careers did they ask Young if he wanted to train with Nadal? I don't see why you would turn down training with the world number 2 (I think he was asked before he turned number 1), even if it wasn't in the United States.

Conquistador
06-21-2009, 08:09 PM
IF he had a chance to train with Nadal, and passed on it, it would be a big mistake.

Donald did reject the offer from the Nadal family to train for 3 weeks in Maluca.

Lsmkenpo
06-21-2009, 08:13 PM

:) classic

So, do you have more knowledge than Young has in his finger?

egn
06-21-2009, 08:14 PM
:) classic

So, do you have more knowledge than Young has in his finger?

Donald Young either has a one freakin smart finger

or nadal is really dumb

at least according to Nadal_Freak

Jchurch
06-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Donald did reject the offer from the Nadal family to train for 3 weeks in Maluca.

That is a real pitty. No one on this planet is above being helped by someone else.

jamesblakefan#1
06-21-2009, 08:20 PM
I thought it was Mallorca? Or is it like one of those Turin-Torino things?

vtmike
06-21-2009, 08:22 PM

or nadal is really dumb

Oh my God!! I was literally rolling on the floor laughing! http://i39.tinypic.com/297lav.jpg

vtmike
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
The question for Donald Young will always be: should he have went and trained with Nadal in Maluca. A guy at the local tennis courts agrees that Donald made a big mistake. I said, "This is the United States, we have all the resources in the world, all the technology, why go to Maluca?" I hear and hear people saying that Young could have been a different player training with Nadal. I dont buy this notion. The facilites in the US are world class. There are huge benefits to train with Nadal, but you can't get that much better, can you??

Wait a min...I thought you were from Basel, Switzerland? :confused::-?

VivalaVida
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Nadal Freak, Congratulations on reaching GOAT status.

Lsmkenpo
06-21-2009, 08:24 PM
He wasn't asked to come to train, It was not as if Uncle Toni was going to coach him or give him advice to change his game, they just wanted him to come and be a hitting partner for Nadal to beat up on, for a few weeks.

Basically it is an insult, most pros use junior level players to beat on as hitting partners.

ESP#1
06-21-2009, 08:27 PM

Seems like most of us dont get the joke, an explanation would help

big ted
06-21-2009, 08:31 PM
He wasn't asked to come to train, It was not as if Uncle Toni was going to coach him or give him advice to change his game, they just wanted him to come and be a hitting partner for Nadal to beat up on, for a few weeks.

Basically it is an insult, most pros use junior level players to beat on as hitting partners.

sampras did it with lendl and later said it helped him immensely

Lsmkenpo
06-21-2009, 08:42 PM
sampras did it with lendl and later said it helped him immensely

Sampras was 12th in the world when he trained with Lendl, he wasn't there to just be a hitting partner for him, quite different.

jamesblakefan#1
06-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Jesse Levine trained w/ Fed and went on to win....someone help me here. I'm sure he's won some big tournament, am I forgetting here?

RCizzle65
06-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Sampras was 12th in the world when he trained with Lendl, he wasn't there to just be a hitting partner for him, quite different.

He hit with him when he was a junior also

big ted
06-21-2009, 09:07 PM

he was ranked 81 when they trained, ranked 12 when they played 10 months later at the us open...

Pete rebounded from that disappointment and rose to number 12 in the rankings heading into the U.S. Open. After solid wins in the first four rounds, he met Ivan Lendl, then the worldís top-ranked player. The two were friends, and knew each otherís games well. Ten months earlier, Pete had spent time with Lendl at his Connecticut home in preparation for the Masters tournament in Madison Square Garden. The teenager noted his hostís rigorous training regimen; he was starting to understand the commitment and sacrifice it took to be #1. Their match was a titanic struggle. Pete took the first two sets, then Lendl stormed back to grab the next two. In the final set, Pete dominated with his powerful serve and near-flawless play at the net, and advanced to the semifinals.

In)SpiRe
06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
ROFL At Nadal Freak's Post And Everyone's Reactions.

Dilettante
06-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I thought it was Mallorca? Or is it like one of those Turin-Torino things?

It's Mallorca.

"Maluca" is an OP's invention.

malakas
06-21-2009, 10:50 PM

wow!!!you'are unstoppable lately!!!:lol: :lol: oh god oh god oh god!!!

NamRanger
06-21-2009, 10:52 PM

My new signature.

malakas
06-21-2009, 10:57 PM
My new signature.

good choice :mrgreen:

He also said yesterday night that Nadal is a mixed black and native Indian.:)
That would make a good sig as well.

SoCal10s
06-21-2009, 11:06 PM
I don't spoke England too good.. -- no?

フェデラー
06-21-2009, 11:10 PM

You know what else isnt funny Nadal_Freak? Telling a bad joke. Now what the hell happened to D Young anyway. I always had a feeling hed amount to nothing.

NamRanger
06-21-2009, 11:38 PM

lol... lol.... lol...... I still can't get over this.

DarthMaul
06-21-2009, 11:42 PM

Did you actually compare Nadal's brain to Young's finger in terms of knowledge? LOL! Not very nice from a so-called Nadal fan!

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
06-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Oh my God!! I was literally rolling on the floor laughing! http://i39.tinypic.com/297lav.jpg

Lmao... Me too!

I even had to do a double-take and reread his post, just to make sure. xD

illuminati
06-21-2009, 11:47 PM

or nadal is really dumb

well either nadal is really dumb or the ******** monkeys that make his playing schedule are really dumb. what kinda fool plays awesome in the masters and peaks for them and burns out for the majors? only NADAL!!!
i like nadal but he is firing blanks in the slams. he said after losing to del potro in miami was a disaster, well raffy not being 100% fit for the french and missing wimbledon due to injury is mega disaster!
people making this guy's schedule should be shot!

Vermillion
06-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Everyone! Put that quote in your signature!! LMAO!!!

illuminati
06-21-2009, 11:51 PM
how come u cant edit ur own posts in this forum?
how crap is that!
menstennisforum is much better, u can edit and do anything.
i guess this forum is a poor mans menstennisforum!

malakas
06-21-2009, 11:53 PM
you can only edit after 50 posts,and if you don't like it here you're more than welcome to go back to the menstennisjungles and troll all you want in the *****hole that GM has become.

are you clay death?

Vermillion
06-21-2009, 11:53 PM
nothing to see here thanks to the goat^

illuminati
06-22-2009, 12:00 AM
you can only edit after 50 posts,and if you don't like it here you're more than welcome to go back to the menstennisjungles and troll all you want in the *****hole that GM has become.

are you clay death?

no, im new to both forums

kimbahpnam
06-22-2009, 12:58 AM

Hey c'mon guys, this is a true statement. Nadal really does have more knowledge in his brain than DY has in his finger.
Lay off NF! He's trying his best out here.

illuminati
06-22-2009, 01:47 AM
man donald young missed a huge opportunity there. i would love to go and train with nadal. u can pick nadals brain about playing pressure tennis, how to be calm mentally, how to appraoch big points, how to prepare mentally and physically, what shots to use and when , what tactics to use against certain styles of games, etc etc.

u could learn more with nadal in 1 month than what u would learn from coaches in 2 years. coaches are too mechanical, they dont know about big match play, guy like nadal would be able to tell and explain anything about being a good matchplayer.

spanish train really hard, thats why they have so many great sportsmen and sportswomen in so many different sports.

abmk
06-22-2009, 07:04 AM

ROTFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gorecki
06-22-2009, 07:21 AM

tķ ť que me saiste uma grande "maluca"...

it's mallorca... MALLORCA...

makinao
06-22-2009, 07:47 AM

Pros ask other pros to be hitting partners all the time. Federer asked Ivanisevic to hit with him in preparation for the 07 Wimbledon finals. Was that an insult to Ivanisevic?

coloskier
06-22-2009, 08:40 AM
tķ ť que me saiste uma grande "maluca"...

it's mallorca... MALLORCA...

At least he didn't say "malaca" :)

Nadal_Freak
06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
LOL at those who didn't get my joke. A bad joke can be funny as well.

NamRanger
06-22-2009, 10:01 AM

No, it was quite obvious that you wanted to reverse the finger and brain part, but you had a brain fart.

Pseudonym
06-22-2009, 11:10 AM
u could learn more with nadal in 1 month than what u would learn from coaches in 2 years. coaches are too mechanical, they dont know about big match play, guy like nadal would be able to tell and explain anything about being a good matchplayer.

Come on, let's be honest here.

Would Nadal divulge that much information and advice to Young? I don't think Uncle Toni would let him.

malakas
06-22-2009, 11:13 AM
At least he didn't say "malaca" :)

haha :mrgreen:

ohhh of course we laughed at your "joke"..only not the joke you intended.:)

NamRanger
06-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Come on, let's be honest here.

Would Nadal divulge that much information and advice to Young? I don't think Uncle Toni would let him.

Of course he would; Donald Young is so overly hyped in terms of level of talent that it wouldn't matter what kind of advice you gave him. The kid can't even maintain his position in the top 100, and at some point in time he was talking about winning slams.

Pseudonym
06-22-2009, 11:17 AM
The hype coming from Young is mainly because America needs a replacement after Roddick is gone.

diegaa
06-22-2009, 12:20 PM

but he is right. Though I agree with your idea, the joke was senseless, it should've been the other way round (nadal has more intelligence in his finger...). You blew it :twisted:

Gorecki
06-22-2009, 03:16 PM

no.. people got it. it's just that your jokes are really bad...

MizunoMX20
06-22-2009, 03:27 PM
well either nadal is really dumb or the ******** monkeys that make his playing schedule are really dumb. what kinda fool plays awesome in the masters and peaks for them and burns out for the majors? only NADAL!!!
i like nadal but he is firing blanks in the slams. he said after losing to del potro in miami was a disaster, well raffy not being 100% fit for the french and missing wimbledon due to injury is mega disaster!
people making this guy's schedule should be shot!

Yes Nadal is firing blanks at the Slams for sure. Everybody on this forum knows Nadal's focus is on Master Series events and Master Series events only. But hey, we can't blame you, you're new on here after all.

pmerk34
06-22-2009, 03:28 PM
:(:oops::arrow:sampras did it with lendl and later said it helped him immensely

The idea that training with Nadal for a few days or weeks would somehow turn Donald Young into a champion is just fodder for people who don't like the guy. They can say "what an idiot - he didn't train with Nadal". It's not like Young is on the cusp of greatness and this would give him the edge he needs. His results show he's nowhere close to a even a top 10 player.

Andres
06-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Come on guys. He was yoking.

vive le beau jeu !
07-13-2009, 01:27 AM
(wrong thread)

roysid
07-13-2009, 02:55 AM
It probably means that Donald Young isn't willing to sacrifice the comforts of America and go to a Spanish island and hit balls with a monster on court.

If one has this attitude i.e rather than make some sacrifices and see the experience of hitting with Nadal he would be in comfort zone then he can't be that champion i believe.

Recently British Tennis Association got in its head that giving all facilities to kids in Britain isn't coping them up to face adverse situations. So they are taking a bunch to Argentina.

I don't want to jump into conclusions regarding young but looks like this is the case.