PDA

View Full Version : Tough match at Sectionals

baseline08thrasher
06-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Ok so I had a really tough match today, and he was ranked: 117 in SoCal. He was pretty consistent, and had some good volleys, and a good first serve when it went in. I was up 3-0, and 40-0 (or 40-15) and I had opportunites to go up 4-0, then somehow he makes his way back.. I think I stopped playing so aggressive and got timid, dumb thinking I know, so I win one more game it's 4-4, and he breaks my serve.... Then he holds to get 6-4. The next set I regret those points and stop playing point after point, so i'm down 1-5; 0-40, and I manage to serve my way out of trouble and save 4 match points, and then I make my way to 2-5, and then I keep going and going, winner after winner, my focus was so intense. Then I had a set point on his serve 6-5 40-30, and then fail to execute, another one at AD OUT, and fail to execute, so we're in the TB and I win it 7-5. Things are looking MY WAY, and i win 2 straight games and have the opportunity to go up 3-0, and then fail to be patient, and work the point, and i miss the ball at like the 2nd to 4th shot. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I had 2 chances.. Then he comes back three straight games, 2-3, and I lose my intensity, and I start getting nervous, and he breaks me for a 2-4 lead, and he holds serve. THEN, I lose my serve..

Then after this match, he beats a ranked #39 in SoCal B16's pretty easily- 6-1; 6-4. If I would have won this match I'm sure I would have beaten this guy, but I'll keep pluggin away!

TOUGH. TOUGH. TOUGH. = SoCal

SoCalDominates
06-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Ok so I had a really tough match today, and he was ranked: 117 in SoCal. He was pretty consistent, and had some good volleys, and a good first serve when it went in. I was up 3-0, and 40-0 (or 40-15) and I had opportunites to go up 4-0, then somehow he makes his way back.. I think I stopped playing so aggressive and got timid, dumb thinking I know, so I win one more game it's 4-4, and he breaks my serve.... Then he holds to get 6-4. The next set I regret those points and stop playing point after point, so i'm down 1-5; 0-40, and I manage to serve my way out of trouble and save 4 match points, and then I make my way to 2-5, and then I keep going and going, winner after winner, my focus was so intense. Then I had a set point on his serve 6-5 40-30, and then fail to execute, another one at AD OUT, and fail to execute, so we're in the TB and I win it 7-5. Things are looking MY WAY, and i win 2 straight games and have the opportunity to go up 3-0, and then fail to be patient, and work the point, and i miss the ball at like the 2nd to 4th shot. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I had 2 chances.. Then he comes back three straight games, 2-3, and I lose my intensity, and I start getting nervous, and he breaks me for a 2-4 lead, and he holds serve. THEN, I lose my serve..

Then after this match, he beats a ranked #39 in SoCal B16's pretty easily- 6-1; 6-4. If I would have won this match I'm sure I would have beaten this guy, but I'll keep pluggin away!

TOUGH. TOUGH. TOUGH. = SoCal

I'm pretty sure that was a mistake score (theyve made alot) I heard that gannon daynes actually beat chris dalton (which is who i believe your talking about) but anyway ya socal sectionals is always tough. I enjoy being in the Main Draw, no qualifying haha:)

SoCal10s
06-21-2009, 09:11 PM
yeah well ,look at the 18s boys singles ,with 1 more round to go,and some of those match-ups do look very tough.. almost like a level 2 nat'l.. some of those guys qualify for Easter Bowl 18s but have to play the pre-lims at SoCal sectionals .. it's frekking tough

SoCalDominates
06-21-2009, 09:18 PM
yeah well ,look at the 18s boys singles ,with 1 more round to go,and some of those match-ups do look very tough.. almost like a level 2 nat'l.. some of those guys qualify for Easter Bowl 18s but have to play the pre-lims at SoCal sectionals .. it's frekking tough

haha campbell johnson and ryan cheung both itf players. michael lin and greg scott. chris freeman vs. sahak. nicholas vs. khachatryan. karagizian vs. keil long. ho vs. wu. THIS IS CRAZY haha

SoCalDominates
06-21-2009, 09:22 PM
of those matches i pick Johnson, scott, freeman, khachatryan, karagezian and ho. What do you think

SoCal10s
06-21-2009, 09:34 PM
of those matches i pick Johnson, scott, freeman, khachatryan, karagezian and ho. What do you think

your picks are pretty solid but, that's the thing,you'll never know who gets hot and all those guys who are playing up are hungry and have less pressures and can often play out their minds and win.. where the older guys who needs to prove their worth may choke.. JR Sarmiento who is going to UCLA already lost.. Walker K who is going to Stanford has to qualify...

subaru3169
06-21-2009, 11:39 PM
what's your current rank, thrasher??

sctennis1
06-22-2009, 08:07 AM
im still in b18 sectionals. i play today at loscab.

SoCal10s
06-22-2009, 08:31 AM
im still in b18 sectionals. i play today at loscab.

good luck, too bad I can't be there to watch...

beernutz
06-22-2009, 09:01 AM

A Miami university football coach, Jimmy Johnson "It's not my fault that you suck"

SoCalDominates
06-22-2009, 09:47 AM
A Miami university football coach, Jimmy Johnson "It's not my fault that you suck"

O yeah I guess i spelled Miami wrong my bad

SoCal10s
06-22-2009, 10:05 AM
O yeah I guess i spelled Miami wrong my bad

give me some of your predictions who's going win the 18s and 16s since you seem to know most of the players..

SoCalDominates
06-22-2009, 10:20 AM
give me some of your predictions who's going win the 18s and 16s since you seem to know most of the players..

16s i think u got to go with Wang. Look out for Faierman though, been hitting well lately. 18s- Zach Leslie is my pick. Been almost unbeatable lately. Quicksilver, CIF, National Mens Open (finalist).

SoCal10s
06-22-2009, 10:44 AM
16s i think u got to go with Wang. Look out for Faierman though, been hitting well lately. 18s- Zach Leslie is my pick. Been almost unbeatable lately. Quicksilver, CIF, National Mens Open (finalist).

the first seeds always look good,but after that in the 18s I like Kosakowski,he beat Dennis Lin 2X already this year, Mousheg,Marcos,Clarke,and the rest are also good,anyone in the 18 final round draw is capable of big wins.. but where is Clay?? I don't his name in the draw ..

16s,I think it's J.Wang's tournament to lose,if he plays normal,he'll go through the draw.. look for Travis and Jocob to do some hurting.. but my favorite dark horse is W.Wood, he played super tennis against Wang the last time they played,this kid can be scary good..

baseline08thrasher
06-22-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that was a mistake score (theyve made alot) I heard that gannon daynes actually beat chris dalton (which is who i believe your talking about) but anyway ya socal sectionals is always tough. I enjoy being in the Main Draw, no qualifying haha:)

Really??

Anyways they were probably both really tiered.

They both had long three setters.. =]

baseline08thrasher
06-22-2009, 01:18 PM
what's your current rank, thrasher??

it's 211 as of now, will be a lot higher. Watch out for me. =]

SoCal10s
06-22-2009, 11:02 PM

you know anything about G.Scott ,this guy retires or quits so many matches.. why does he keep doing this? what's going on?

SoCalDominates
06-23-2009, 07:52 AM
you know anything about G.Scott ,this guy retires or quits so many matches.. why does he keep doing this? what's going on?

I was actually wondering the same thing. I mean Ive seen him play but as far his injuries I have no idea

SoCal10s
06-23-2009, 08:03 AM

that guy(Dalton) got killed in the next round 6-0,6-2.. go figure..

sctennis1
06-23-2009, 08:55 AM
i was playing when greg fell it sounded pretty bad and he was down for maybe 10mins

SoCalDominates
06-23-2009, 09:29 AM
i was playing when greg fell it sounded pretty bad and he was down for maybe 10mins

howd u do sctennis

norcal22
06-29-2009, 09:34 PM
god i wish i lived in socal

sctennis1
06-30-2009, 03:14 PM
god i wish i lived in socal

i did trble in the qualifying rd.