PDA

View Full Version : My Mini Computer!!

gmlasam
03-23-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm so glad I went out and got a mini mac. It is so small and so quite, actually it does not make any noise at all. :)

http://www.csun.edu/~aml45386/images/minimac.jpg

gmlasam
03-23-2005, 03:42 PM
I also use PC, but only with Linux. :) Here are my linux boxes running SuSe and Mandrake.
http://www.csun.edu/~aml45386/images/linuxboxs.jpg

scez
03-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Nice, how rich are you? You have an ipod, ipod shuffle, laptops, mini mac, tennis ball machines, and a bag filled to the rim with tennis racquets.

gmlasam
03-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Nice, how rich are you? You have an ipod, ipod shuffle, laptops, mini mac, tennis ball machines, and a bag filled to the rim with tennis racquets.
Hhahhahaha!!! I'm just a tennis bum that lives in a car :)

MegacedU
03-23-2005, 05:20 PM
My rents just surprised me with a brand new Dell flat screen. <3 Yesterday I came home, and my old piece of shist was gone!

roger2016
03-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Hmm.. Did they transfer all the old stuff onto the new one? Because I'd hate to lose everything I have right now and start over and I'm pretty sure alot of other people would too.

But, geeze. You bought the mini-mac? Or did you just get into one of those free iPod offerings and screw over the people on the bottom of the pyramid? :) haha. You have an ipod shuffle? I never really got the point of that. If I wanted to get rid of the screen, I just use a post-it note. Btw, that's a nice set up you have there, how much did all of that cost you?

MegacedU
03-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Ipod shuffle's are only $99 but why wouldn't you want the screen. No they didn't transfer my stuff. That's my only worry.

gmlasam
03-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Hmm.. Did they transfer all the old stuff onto the new one? Because I'd hate to lose everything I have right now and start over and I'm pretty sure alot of other people would too.

But, geeze. You bought the mini-mac? Or did you just get into one of those free iPod offerings and screw over the people on the bottom of the pyramid? :) haha. You have an ipod shuffle? I never really got the point of that. If I wanted to get rid of the screen, I just use a post-it note. Btw, that's a nice set up you have there, how much did all of that cost you?
No I did not have to transfer anything over as I use a Powerbook laptop and have all of my stuff in that. I purchased the mini mac as a general house computer. My wife uses an ibook and sometimes the inlaws and friends would come over and use my powerbook which can be irritating sometimes so I have the mini mac for everyone to use.

I have all my computers setup on wireless. I hate running all those cat 5 cables all over the house. Wireless keeps it nice and clean.

I built some PC running linux for everyone to use, but everyone seems frightened by it Hhahahahaha. So I got the Mini mac for that also so everyone will not be to scared to use it, unless your a total Windows user Hhahahahahaha. I prefer Macs and PC running Linux., no viruses and spyware crap ;)

I got the Mini Mac pretty cheap about $580.00 with all the extras out the door.

I have an iPod, gave that to the wife. I prefer the shuffle as it is much smaller and easy to carry around the neck. I don't miss the screen and I just load the music I want to listen to and no not need to bring the whole music library with me. I use the shuffe for the gym and works great for me.

Prince_of_Tennis
03-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Pretty cool!