View Full Version : ESPN fixed the ugly, stupid, unnecessary scoring graphic

Tony48
06-22-2009, 04:28 AM
Simplicity wins!

http://i42.tinypic.com/10yo3ef.jpg

skip1969
06-22-2009, 04:35 AM
yeah, their scoring was idiotic.

don't get too excited, folks. you'll still have to mute the espn commentators. no improvement there.

FedererForehand
06-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Thank goodness! Yeah, if only now they could fix some of their annoying commentators now.

jon-z
06-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Hey, let's give them credit for making good changes.

This morning, except for an occasional programming alert, they've REMOVED their bottom line ticker!!!!

I wonder how many of us wrote in during the French. I did, and received this reply:
----------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for writing.

We compress the video during our French Open telecasts to prevent our news and information service, the BottomLine, from obscuring the court. The BottomLine is a 24/7 service that fans expect and do tune in for.

We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to respond to your concern and have shared your message with the appropriate executives.

Sincerely,
ESPN Viewer Response
-------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully they will keep screen clutter during tennis to a minimum going forward.

TBobLP
06-22-2009, 05:54 AM
it's nice to see they ARE making changes. tennis is a very specific sport when watching on tv. you can't exactly have anything off screen like you can in basketball, football, hockey, etc...good to see that espn is starting to realize this. now lets just see if anybody here plans on giving them any credit...

epicsocks
06-22-2009, 06:06 AM
That's the first thing I noticed when I turned the TV on.