PDA

View Full Version : Phil's racquet

Anonymous
04-06-2004, 08:14 PM
how does phillipousses make his racquets all black??? is it safe to just grab a bottle of spray paint, take out the grommets and jsut spray the thing????

touchytennis
04-06-2004, 08:31 PM
he goes to an auto shop and asks them to spary it for him

Anonymous
04-08-2004, 11:15 AM
how much do u think it would costs him to do that???
and would i need to take out my grommets or anything? or could i just cut the strings and bring it to an autoshop?

is there anyway i could paint it myself with things i can buy that will not throw off the balance? i actually want to add weight to the racquet but i dont know how much teh paint could add.

thanks
~bobby

Anonymous
04-08-2004, 11:46 AM
he goes to an auto shop and asks them to spary it for him

Liuser22, touchytennis was joking,
Phil uses paint remover and gets the paint off them primes and coats them with black paint, you can do this yourself. Just go to a paint store and get the primer and paint that sticks to metal (use spray paint for an even finish), add any weight before painting though

Anonymous
04-08-2004, 05:59 PM
really??? taking it to an autoshop sounds like it would work very well.... but costly possibly. but i know a guy who hooks it up for me, i got my whole car painted for 500 and rechromed cuz it took him a long tiem to finish the paint =)

so could i just cut the strings, slap it down outside, rub paint remover on it (is it really neccessary if im going to prime it anyways?) then give it a nice even spray huh.
do i need to remove the grommets or anything???

and also, has anyone tried this?

Anonymous
04-08-2004, 07:26 PM
you might not need to use paint remover, make sure you take out the grommets otherwise they would stick then you coudn't get them off if you needed, take off the grip too so you can go down and you wont see any old paint
let us know how it works out

Anonymous
04-09-2004, 09:35 PM
thanks, ill try it and report back in a bit

touchytennis
04-10-2004, 05:45 AM
:S i honestly thought he did... read it here in the old forums i think.

kreative
04-10-2004, 06:15 AM
yeah, flip has an auto body paint his racquets for him.

it can be done yourself, just search the boards or ask michael chaho (who's had some experience w/ it). this topic has been discussed numerous times.

i think you'd need paint remover to remove the old paintjob.

Anonymous
04-10-2004, 08:53 PM
thanks!

ill ask chaho