PDA

View Full Version : Cahill on ESPN...

BigServer1
06-22-2009, 10:53 AM
...Is currently talking about his own personal battles with knee tendinitis, and how it ended his career.

Some of the things that he's saying sound just awful, and he's also saying that he hopes that Nadal's pain is not chronic. Cahill also Noted that the surgery that he had more or less ended his career (his career was really over before that, but he had the surgery anyway).

The most important thing that I heard was the fact that Cahill considered himself mentally shot, and that even though he maybe could have played more and stayed around #25, he just had nothing left mentally.

We better all hope that this is not the level that Nadal is feeling, or it will be an uphill battle for the remainder of his carrer just to stay on tour and play at a high level.

jamesblakefan#1
06-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I just bumped the other thread talking about this.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=268955&page=13

BigServer1
06-22-2009, 10:59 AM
The worst thing to me was when he talked about winning that tournament and as a "reward", not icing his knees or taking anti-inflammatory meds, then having tears in his eyes the next day while walking to a plane because the pain was so bad.

Sounds terrible.

illuminati
06-22-2009, 11:17 AM
cahill hates nadal, its very clear.