PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic-Desperate for public affection?

aphex
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
his antics at the end of today's match---going over to bennetau's side and
putting a towel on his knee...bliah!

so cheesy and obvious in attempting to win over the wimbledon crowd...

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Maybe he was just being a good sport? You talk about him like he ran over and started kicking Bennetau's knees.

zagor
06-22-2009, 01:00 PM
No,I think Djoker was just being a nice guy.He isn't as bad as people think here.

gj011
06-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Nothing wrong with what Djokovic did. He just helped injured fellow player.

It more looks like the OP is desperate for public affection here. :roll:

Cyan
06-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Nole is a nice guy actually. He is very sensitive....

Camnation
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Oh my God. How dare Djokovic! To actually cross over the net... and show concern! Then to allow Benneteau to take a medical time-out in the middle of a game... he should be banned from the tour for these antics!

RCizzle65
06-22-2009, 01:03 PM
So OP you think it would have been better if he just stayed there? Djokovic was being a good sportsman, I hate how everyone drops on anything on any of the big players trying to make it sound negative.

Underhand
06-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Đoković is a good actor.

ayuname
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
He has experience match injuries, give him a break.

vtmike
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Đoković is a good actor.

He is a good dancer too... ;)

vtmike
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
So OP you think it would have been better if he just stayed there? Djokovic was being a good sportsman, I hate how everyone drops on anything on any of the big players trying to make it sound negative.

Agree +1

aphex
06-22-2009, 01:07 PM
chill out gaiz! i'm just saying it seemed forced...
if you combine it with how he hugs all his opponents at the net lately,
it's obvious he's trying to move away from being the atp clown...
nothing wrong with that, but he's overdoing it a bit

Camnation
06-22-2009, 01:10 PM
It didn't seem forced to me. And he's always hugged his opponents at the net. You're obviously trying to villianize him any way you can... :-?

gj011
06-22-2009, 01:11 PM

:rolleyes:

gj011
06-22-2009, 01:11 PM
It didn't seem forced to me. And he's always hugged his opponents at the net. You're obviously trying to villianize him any way you can... :-?

Very well said. And he is overdoing it a lot.

Cyan
06-22-2009, 01:12 PM

They always have to bash nole.

RCizzle65
06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
If Djokovic just stood there when he was in pain I bet there would be a topic about that too.

Dutch-Guy

Djokovic can't do nothing good.Can he? 'd you say the same thing if it was Fed?

aphex

wtf is villianize?

aphex
06-22-2009, 01:14 PM

yes.

10char

shrakkie
06-22-2009, 01:16 PM
First and foremost I am a MASSIVE Fed (GOAT) fan, but why all the Nole bashing. He seems like a decent bloke, he was trying to be helpful.

I think the OP is either mis-interpreting the situation or trying to villianise Djoko...

Camnation
06-22-2009, 01:17 PM
wtf is villianize?
I know it's not a word but if it was one it would be exactly what you are doing.

Brned
06-22-2009, 01:19 PM

Maybe he wouldn't, but I'm pretty some *******s would.

Cyan
06-22-2009, 01:19 PM
The problem is that both Rafa and Nole have committed the crime of beating Fed at a slam so they will be bashed for this for not allowing Fed to have 20 slams already :rolleyes: Wait 'til Murray beats Fed at a slam and he will be bashed like there is no tomorrow.

aphex
06-22-2009, 01:21 PM
I know it's not a word but if it was one it would be exactly what you are doing.

http://billdunlap.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

Dutch-Guy
06-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Maybe he wouldn't, but I'm pretty some *******s would.

What do you mean by that? And who are those "*******s" you're referring to?

aphex
06-22-2009, 01:23 PM
What do you mean by that? And who are those "*******s" you're referring to?

i suppose you, n_f and veroniquem

VivalaVida
06-22-2009, 01:23 PM
The problem is that both Rafa and Nole have committed the crime of beating Fed at a slam so they will be bashed for this for not allowing Fed to have 20 slams already :rolleyes: Wait 'til Murray beats Fed at a slam and he will be bashed like there is no tomorrow.
ROFL. you have no idea what you are talking about do you? Stop with your BS. No one says this stuff because djokovic and nadal beat federer at a GS. Heck, Federer owns both. How many slams does djokovic have? 1. federer? 14. That is obviously not the case.

All-rounder
06-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Murray has been bashed ever since US open 2008 SF

aphex
06-22-2009, 01:25 PM

even before fed crushed him in the final!

Camnation
06-22-2009, 01:27 PM
http://billdunlap.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg
This picture is more apt for this thread.

Dutch-Guy
06-22-2009, 01:28 PM
ROFL. you have no idea what you are talking about do you? Stop with your BS. No one says this stuff because djokovic and nadal beat federer at a GS. Heck, Federer owns both. How many slams does djokovic have? 1. federer? 14. That is obviously not the case.
Fed "owns" Nadal?

DarthFed
Wow..i thought Nole was being a good sport a nice guy..

but i see i was all wrong..he was stealing Julians' spotlight..the attention ***** :roll:

Cyan

Yeah but the bashing will become unbearable once Murray beats Fed at a slam.....

VivalaVida
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Fed "owns" Nadal?
I am talking specifically about the grand slam tally. 14 >6>1

Cyan
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM

Fed does not own Rafa.

Cyan
06-22-2009, 01:31 PM

So? H2H says otherwise. Fed has more slams than anyone on tour but there are players like Rafa and Murray that own him in the H2H...

All-rounder
06-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah but the bashing will become unbearable once Murray beats Fed at a slam.....
There will be criticism on fed's behalf and praise on Murray's people will say Murray is a warrior and can beat federer at any slam at best of 5 and if he does win Wimbledon then he becomes number 1 then you will have maximo here 24/7 talking about how Murray owns Federer and nadal and how he will dominate tennis for 4 years and so on.....

DarthFed
06-22-2009, 01:33 PM
So? H2H says otherwise. Fed has more slams than anyone on tour but there are players like Rafa and Murray that own him in the H2H...

And in the H2H alone

VivalaVida
06-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Yeah. Lets see. Nadal is legit because he has beaten federer at slams and smaller tournaments but Murray is nothing compared to federer at all. If he beats federer at slam then we can talk about this. Murray has bigger troubles to worry such as being able to get past players like verdasco and gonzalez at slams. Federer has 14 slams and nadal has 6 and is already crying about his knees.

Dutch-Guy
06-22-2009, 01:37 PM
The same can be said about Fed before he turned 23.At that age Nadal already won 6 slams.
Rafa vs Fed in slams 5-2.H2H 13-7.Tell me who owns who.
Btw Fed 28,Rafa 23,Nole 22.Wait til they reach that age to say if he "owns" them.But let's not get at that.Offtopic.

Cesc Fabregas
06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
I thought it was a very nice touch from Djoker.

thalivest
06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
I do think he feels frusterated at times since he feels like he gets little love from the tennis viewing public with the very popular Federer and Nadal always ranked over him, and now the new hyped up British hero Murray on the rise. I think at times it is frusterating to him. It is a shame that I think he got off on the wrong foot in some ways with his crazy parents, and he got unlucky to not take #2 atleast temporarily over either Nadal or Federer and now drops to #4 without ever rising above #3, and he is from a small country with limited tennis history, and then the U.S Open debacle after the Roddick match. I think all this has combined to give him a somewhat unfair public image and not get the public affection and support he deserves.

CountryHillbilly
06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Djokovic seems like one of the nicest guys, on court at least. He is one of the few that applauds his opponent's good shots.

Many *******s remember his occasional Fed bashing last year, but that is done now, so a little respect now please...

aphex
06-22-2009, 01:46 PM
funny how *******s, djokers and murraybores have become best best friends
after fed's official goat coronation...

CountryHillbilly
06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah. Lets see. Nadal is legit because he has beaten federer at slams and smaller tournaments but Murray is nothing compared to federer at all. If he beats federer at slam then we can talk about this. Murray has bigger troubles to worry such as being able to get past players like verdasco and gonzalez at slams. Federer has 14 slams and nadal has 6 and is already crying about his knees.

In 1981 Borg had plenty of grand slams and many probably regarded him as the goat, but it was still OK to believe that he may very easily be beaten by McEnroe if they happened to meet in a match.

So the fact that Fed has 14 slams says nothing about what would happen if he meets Murray in a match, against whom he has a very inferior H2H.

Cesc Fabregas
06-22-2009, 01:48 PM
I do think he feels frusterated at times since he feels like he gets little love from the tennis viewing public with the very popular Federer and Nadal always ranked over him, and now the new hyped up British hero Murray on the rise. I think at times it is frusterating to him. It is a shame that I think he got off on the wrong foot in some ways with his crazy parents, and he got unlucky to not take #2 atleast temporarily over either Nadal or Federer and now drops to #4 without ever rising above #3, and he is from a small country with limited tennis history, and then the U.S Open debacle after the Roddick match. I think all this has combined to give him a somewhat unfair public image and not get the public affection and support he deserves.

Agreed. Good post.

Giggs The Red Devil
06-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Djokovic seems like one of the nicest guys, on court at least. He is one of the few that applauds his opponent's good shots.

Many *******s remember his occasional Fed bashing last year, but that is done now, so a little respect now please...

You’re being too naïve. He’s trying to distract them and mess with their rhythm with his so-called “applauds”.

aphex
06-22-2009, 01:50 PM

+1

10char

CountryHillbilly
06-22-2009, 01:52 PM
You’re being too naïve. He’s trying to distract them and mess with their rhythm with his so-called “applauds”.

yeah, perhaps

Nadal_Freak
06-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Djokovic is one of the nicest guys on the tour. Get over it. He beat your boy in Miami and Rome.

Guru
06-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm sure he just wanted to get the match over and done with
he had every right to be ****ed with the guy (who i believe was faking)
but he kept his cool and showed a little class.

I'm not a fan of Djokovic but i have no problem with the way he handled himself today
What i do have a problem with is the fact the match took him so long
bad start for Novak who made hard work of an easy match.

FlamEnemY
06-22-2009, 03:37 PM

Such a jerk :evil:

Oh wait.

T1000
06-22-2009, 03:45 PM
So we're moving on from "Federer is arrogant" to "Nole is arrogant"? Who's next, Nadal or Murray

FlamEnemY
06-22-2009, 03:47 PM
*cough cough* How dare Nadal have tendinitis! *cough*

shawn1122
06-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Give me a ****ing break, Djokovic is one of the nicest guys on tour from the looks of it. Yes a bit immature but I've never seen him as a player that holds any animosity towards anyone. And he is rarely a sore loser, when he goes to the net he congratulates his opponents sincerely, looks them right in the eye and congratulates them. The guy is a class act and for the most part is misrepresented by the behaviour of his parents after he won his first grand slam.

Guru
06-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Give me a ****ing break, Djokovic is one of the nicest guys on tour from the looks of it. Yes a bit immature but I've never seen him as a player that holds any animosity towards anyone. And he is rarely a sore loser, when he goes to the net he congratulates his opponents sincerely, looks them right in the eye and congratulates them.

I agree with everything you said.

Blue Drop
06-22-2009, 04:28 PM
He's trying to repair his image and win some fans. He has a lot of work to do, but this is a good start.

Ripster
06-22-2009, 05:24 PM

Definitely. Good post. I think he really wants to be as popular as Fed and Nadal but I'm not sure if he'll ever get there because he does rub some people the wrong way.

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 05:25 PM
:rolleyes: Maybe he is actually a really nice guy who is just misunderstood at times? How about that?

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-22-2009, 05:27 PM
wtf is villianize?

It is a weak attempt to protect Djokovic with extreme language, when Djokovic is wholly responsible for the bad reactions he's recieved.

Tony48
06-22-2009, 05:28 PM
My brother was watching when he put the towel on his knee and my brother went, "I bet the crowd is going 'Awww....how cute!'" lol

Serendipitous
06-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Fail thread.....

gj011
06-22-2009, 05:30 PM
double post.

gj011
06-22-2009, 05:31 PM
It is a weak attempt to protect Djokovic with extreme language, when Djokovic is wholly responsible for the bad reactions he's recieved.

Which "bad reactions"?

Your attempt to twist the truth is what is weak here.

kanamit
06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
I get the sense that Fed and Djokovic, though they appear not to like one another, are two of the nicest guys on tour. In different ways I bet they're both cool to converse with in person.

Nadal_Freak
06-22-2009, 05:52 PM
I get the sense that Fed and Djokovic, though they appear not to like one another, are two of the nicest guys on tour. In different ways I bet they're both cool to converse with in person.
Replace Fed with Nadal and I would agree.

gj011
06-22-2009, 05:56 PM

Yes I agree except I don't think Djokovic and Nadal have anything against each other.

Nadal_Freak
06-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Yes I agree except I don't think Djokovic and Nadal have anything against each other.
Good point. I didn't see that part. Federer also doesn't like Murray. He is forced to like Nadal since Nadal always says so many good things about him. But I think he wants to dislike Nadal. He said he didn't think Nadal was injured after RG when Nadal already said he was.

Robbie_1988
06-22-2009, 06:01 PM

What's wrong with Djoko showing concern for a fellow player? Would you rather he come over and hit Benneteau in the knees with a hammer? Stop being so picky.

And Nadal_Freak, stop bringing Federer into this thread. This was a thread originally started about Djokovic. For a guy who is so obsessively on Federer's case, you gotta admit, deep down you are jealous or love the guy. I bet in your sleep you are thinking of Federer.

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Good point. I didn't see that part. Federer also doesn't like Murray. He is forced to like Nadal since Nadal always says so many good things about him. But I think he wants to dislike Nadal. He said he didn't think Nadal was injured after RG when Nadal already said he was.

C'mon N_F, federer has said plenty of nice things about nadal as well. Yes he has been critical of nadal, murray, and nole, but I doubt he is as mean as you make it out to be. He didn't say he didn't think it nadal was injured, just didn't think it was as serious as toni made it out to be, but he later changed his opinion. If federer dislikes nadal, he would have never said things like "If I'm not no.1 he should be" or give him a ride on his private jet, or visit nadal when he was injured in basel, or other things. He might not say nice things very often, but I don't think he is a mean person.

I just have to add, no one really knows what goes on behind the scenes. We can make conclusions all we want based on some interviews, but I highly doubt the players make such a big deal about what others have said, at least not to the extent of posters here.

TBobLP
06-22-2009, 06:05 PM
how arrogant of Djokovic to think he's allowed to show any concern...

Robbie_1988
06-22-2009, 06:06 PM

Freak you're just bitter. Stop making excuses you're a disgrace to Nadal fans everywhere. I'm glad most of the world doesn't come onto Talk Tennis to learn about tennis players' personalities.

You're grabbing at straws here. What does Fed thinking that Nadal not being injured have anything to do with his like or dislike for Nadal? Stop spending every minute of your existence to make Federer look like a villain.

Al Czervik
06-22-2009, 06:08 PM
The impersonations schtick is getting a little old, but overall Nole is a different personality who is a plus for the game. I actually liked the incident where he got booed after the Roddick match at USO. He was ****ed Roddick took a shot at him for the injuries/defaulting and wasn't afraid to say it in front of the idiotic NY crowd.

kanamit
06-22-2009, 06:09 PM

I'm sure Nadal is also nice, but I'll just say that he's not the kind of person I would want as a friend. He strikes me as the kind of person gifted at putting on a polite facade. You know, the kind of person who politely smiles to your face while he secretly talks **** about you behind your back. While I concede that some of the things Fed says (and Djoko) are ill-advised, bordering on a bit arrogant, I rest assured that I know where both players stand.

Nadal_Freak
06-22-2009, 06:10 PM
The impersonations schtick is getting a little old, but overall Nole is a different personality who is a plus for the game. I actually liked the incident where he got booed after the Roddick match at USO. He was ****ed Roddick took a shot at him for the injuries/defaulting and wasn't afraid to say it in front of the idiotic NY crowd.
I'm glad you see it that way. I agree totally. Roddick's comments were very nasty. Almost like comments said on TW by trolls. Djokovic shouldn't have let it get to him but the crowd giving him a hard time throughout the match and supporting Roddick was too much to handle.

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm sure Nadal is also nice, but I'll just say that he's not the kind of person I would want as a friend. He strikes me as a total backstabber. You know, the kind of person who politely smiles to your face while he secretly talks **** about you behind your back. While I concede that some of the things Fed says (and Djoko) are ill-advised, bordering on a bit arrogant, I rest assured that I know where he stands. Just as I would know where Joker stands.

I don't think so. It's not like I know nadal personally, but he just seems like a person who somewhat sugar coats things because he doesn't want to hurt people's feelings, but not a backstabber. Roger is just brutally honest, but perhaps a bit too much, but it's just how they are. I don't think either are mean people.

kanamit
06-22-2009, 06:14 PM
I don't think so. It's not like I know nadal personally, but he just seems like a person who somewhat sugar coats things because he doesn't want to hurt people's feelings, but not a backstabber. Roger is just brutally honest, but perhaps a bit too much, but it's just how they are. I don't think either are mean people.

Right. Backstabber was perhaps too strong. Hence my edit. I was thinking more along the lines of "more likely to be a backstabber or at least falsely friendly."

SempreSami
06-22-2009, 06:14 PM
I remember people on here having a go at Sharapova for jumping on the spot and playing shadow tennis while trainers looked at Golovin's ankle. Now Djokovic is being called out for doing the exact opposite?

Nadal_Freak
06-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Right. Backstabber was perhaps too strong. Hence my edit. I was thinking more along the lines of "more likely to be a backstabber or at least falsely friendly."
The only thing I can think about his real life personality is he is kind of shy. Not really a big social person. Much like myself. I can relate to that.

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 06:17 PM
The only thing I can think about his real life personality is he is kind of shy. Not really a big social person. Much like myself. I can relate to that.

Really? You don't come across as a shy person. See this just proves my point. It is easy to judge people based on what they say, but you really don't know, until you have met that person.

Nadal_Freak
06-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Really? You don't come across as a shy person. See this just proves my point. It is easy to judge people based on what they say, but you really don't know, until you have met that person.
I'm a totally different person in real life. It is easy to be social on a tennis forum.

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm a totally different person in real life. It is easy to be social on a tennis forum.

Perhaps that is true. Although I still stand that what people say in interviews does not make up an entire person's character. Just my two cents.

Camnation
06-22-2009, 06:23 PM
He's trying to repair his image and win some fans. He has a lot of work to do, but this is a good start.
I don't know if you mean that Novak was deliberate with Benneteau today, and if you do then I would have to disagree with you. It's just a natural inclination to be concerned when your opponent is hurt and to help however you can. This definitely wasn't an act by Djokovic. Likewise, he shouldn't be given heaps of praise (which he hasn't) for behaving the way he should have anyway.

Honestly, this thread is making something out of nothing.

Fedgasm
06-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Djokovic is very familiar with the agony that goes with having a trainer take care of you so he thought Bennetau needed some support.

slicekick95
06-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Wow, Ive been a Djokovic fan on these boards for a bit, and it has been tough especially around the Australian Open and Indian Wells. People bashing Djokovic for no reason(sometimes there was a reason, but not always) Finally its nice to see that almost all posters are defending Djokovic from a few guys instead of piling on about nothing.

Blue Drop
06-22-2009, 07:19 PM
People bashing Djokovic for no reason(sometimes there was a reason, but not always) ...

Do you want the reasons he has few fans? Because I'd be happy to list them. Just let me know.

Likewise, I'm happy to see him at least attempting to change his ways. He probably realizes he needs some crowd support if he's ever to win another GS title.

Inner Game
06-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Fact, nice guys finish last in Tennis...especially at the top of men's game...

Nadal a chameleon who was taught to to PC all the time....he's got an ego bigger then those juiced biceps..

Fed, ego maniac.....not really a nice guy like people think...he's got a little Martina Natrilova in him...it made me sick to my stomach to see him cry like a little b....tch when Nadal forked him the last few slams....

Roddick....he's a *****, without that serve he'd be a qualifer

The Joker, an excuse maker to cover up his insecurities

Murray, the second coming of Johnny Mac, wait until he goes down in a tough match in a slam....he will be cursing like Mac...

Nice guys?

Todd Martin...always a bridesmaid...never a big winner

Blake...nice guy...not tough enough mentally...

Sampras...the only nice guy in 30 years to reach number one!

For what its worth!

oy vey
06-22-2009, 07:48 PM
:

Azarenka did the same when her opponent fell and retired.

gj011
06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Azarenka did the same when her opponent fell and retired.

I am sure Azarenka was just desperate for public affection as well. :)

Nadal_Freak
06-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Fact, nice guys finish last in Tennis...especially at the top of men's game...

Nadal a chameleon who was taught to to PC all the time....he's got an ego bigger then those juiced biceps..

Fed, ego maniac.....not really a nice guy like people think...he's got a little Martina Natrilova in him...it made me sick to my stomach to see him cry like a little b....tch when Nadal forked him the last few slams....

Roddick....he's a *****, without that serve he'd be a qualifer

The Joker, an excuse maker to cover up his insecurities

Murray, the second coming of Johnny Mac, wait until he goes down in a tough match in a slam....he will be cursing like Mac...

Nice guys?

Todd Martin...always a bridesmaid...never a big winner

Blake...nice guy...not tough enough mentally...

Sampras...the only nice guy in 30 years to reach number one!

For what its worth!
You are way off on this one. lol at labeling Sampras a nice guy while saying Nadal is an ego maniac. I think you got that mixed around. Juiced biceps? Are you saying he is on steroids? Pure hatred or should I say jealousy on your part. Some bitter tennis player that never made it so you spend all your time hating on pro players. Pathetic.

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 07:54 PM

Considering she probably has nearly deafened many people by her grunts/screams, I don't doubt it.

Sentinel
06-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Đoković is not a doctor and cannot start treating the oppo. Even if he was, he could not start pulling his leg, massaging, or getting the guy to stand up. He cannot.

The most he can really do is hand a towel, or ask the oppo how he is. It was very nice of Đoković to come over!

On my telly, the commentators were remarking that it is very surprising that 2 players are on one side of the net,( like Đoković had broken a rule), then added that there's no rule against it.

oy vey
06-22-2009, 08:02 PM

She must be desperate too. :):)

Sentinel
06-22-2009, 08:03 PM
OH WOW !!!!! THis is history !!!!

NADAL_FREAK HAS BeCoMe G.O.A.T !!

Party at my house !!!

VivalaVida
06-22-2009, 08:04 PM
She must be desperate too. :):)
That she is. She needs to retire asap.

VivalaVida
06-22-2009, 08:04 PM
OH WOW !!!!! THis is history !!!!

NADAL_FREAK HAS BeCoMe G.O.A.T !!

Party at my house !!!
WOOO!!! I'll bring the drinks :D

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 08:05 PM
WOOO!!! I'll bring the drinks :D

I thought you didn't drink.

VivalaVida
06-22-2009, 08:06 PM
I thought you didn't drink.
I dont. I just said it for the hell of it. :)

Nadal_Freak
06-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Well I'll take the 6 pack then. :p

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 08:08 PM

lol, you can bring all the non alcoholic drinks. I'm craving some sparkling cider.

VivalaVida
06-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Well I'll take the 6 pack then. :p
of course! You are the man of the hour anyways. :D

Nadal_Freak
06-22-2009, 08:12 PM
of course! You are the man of the hour anyways. :D
Thanks. There is always coke for you though. ;)

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 08:13 PM

:lol:
10 char

VivalaVida
06-22-2009, 08:16 PM
har har har. Thanks. I am hardcore with my coke can.

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 08:18 PM
har har har. Thanks. I am hardcore with my coke can.

lol. I used to drink a lot of coke, partly, because I collect the coke can tabs. I had more than a thousand, until my mommy threw them away. Trying to cut back on the coke though.

VivalaVida
06-22-2009, 08:20 PM
lol. I used to drink a lot of coke, partly, because I collect the coke can tabs. I had more than a thousand, until my mommy threw them away. Trying to cut back on the coke though.
My dad is a doctor so he started bringing diet coke home when I got really chubby about 4 years ago. I dropped 15 lbs in a month. har har.:lol:

icedevil0289
06-22-2009, 08:23 PM
My dad is a doctor so he started bringing diet coke home when I got really chubby about 4 years ago. I dropped 15 lbs in a month. har har.:lol:

that's interesting and good, I guess. Anyways, anytime you open a coke can, send the tab this way please. :)

malakas
06-22-2009, 10:13 PM
what is it here?A party?:p

yes I believe he does,but not in this instance.I found his behaviour to be very nice,and a comment should be said when it is deserved.

mandy01
06-23-2009, 01:55 AM
I do think he feels frusterated at times since he feels like he gets little love from the tennis viewing public with the very popular Federer and Nadal always ranked over him, and now the new hyped up British hero Murray on the rise. I think at times it is frusterating to him. It is a shame that I think he got off on the wrong foot in some ways with his crazy parents, and he got unlucky to not take #2 atleast temporarily over either Nadal or Federer and now drops to #4 without ever rising above #3, and he is from a small country with limited tennis history, and then the U.S Open debacle after the Roddick match. I think all this has combined to give him a somewhat unfair public image and not get the public affection and support he deserves.Great post thalivest and I totally agree..Well said indeed

jelle v
06-23-2009, 02:15 AM
I really don't get why Djokovic gets all the hate he gets. He seems like a really nice and genuine guy. I like him a lot as a tennis player and I am sure he wasn't acting anything when going to the other side. Sluiter came running over to Baghdatis with ice when Baghdatis got injured at 's Hertogenbosch and Santoro came with an pack of ice when Ljubicic injured himself. But now, when Djokovic does a similar thing, there suddenly is something wrong with showing your concern and helping out? Suddenly is something hypocritical to win over the crowd? Please.. :rolleyes:

sh@de
06-23-2009, 03:18 AM
@OP, the only thing I can say is .........................................

Seriously, Nole was just being nice...

delphi17
06-23-2009, 06:11 PM
op says djokovic is desperate for public affection... what a hypocrite

Leublu tennis
06-23-2009, 06:31 PM

Whats wrong with you? Just think about the dumb thread you have started.
How about some comments about tennis and not player bashing. There is no point to the latter and, if you keep putting out threads just to create contraversy, you will be banned. I know you are new here, but use your head, fella.

zagor
06-23-2009, 06:35 PM

Great post,agree with everything.

Guru
06-23-2009, 07:20 PM
I like Djokovic. He can be Immature at times
but it's just a bit of fun. Seems like a nice enough guy.

JeMar
06-23-2009, 07:29 PM
He is a good dancer too... ;)

AND he can play tennis!

Can you say... triple threat?!

oy vey
06-23-2009, 07:34 PM
He is a good dancer too

You know what women say about good dancers.

DMan
06-23-2009, 08:13 PM

It more looks like the OP is desperate for public affection here. :roll:

gj darling, you're back! Words cannot express my feelings for that time you were missing. Funny, that time coincided with the French Open. Remember that event?! And do praytell, let me know what happened to your Djoker?!

And I am waiting with much anticipation on your thought about the 2009 French Open Champion: Roger Federer!!

Annika
06-23-2009, 08:50 PM
I also think Roddick fits into that same category as Djok...

P_Agony
06-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Nothing wrong with what Djokovic did. It was actually very nice of him to show his concern over JB's injury.

tahiti
06-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Absolute nonsense! Ramoen Sluiter also went over to Baghdatis when he twisted his knee and even brought the ice. It's the least one can do. Djoko also applauded a good shot of Benneauteu and does it often. He's a great sportsman!

Leublu tennis
06-24-2009, 12:32 AM
So OP you think it would have been better if he just stayed there? Djokovic was being a good sportsman, I hate how everyone drops on anything on any of the big players trying to make it sound negative.Oh, this poster should be ignored. Not just because of dumb comments, but because the comments are for the purposes of inflaming the readers. They impart no tennis information and should be banned for their neferious activity.

DavaiMarat
06-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Nole isn't a bad person. A joker and probably a pretty decent fellow but he's sensitive and quick to anger if he's accused of something.

That's what happened with the Roddick incident.
Now Roddick is a class jack ***. Always has been and it's only gotten worse.

jackson vile
09-22-2011, 01:49 PM
No hate here?

zagor
09-22-2011, 01:54 PM
No hate here?

It's tame compared to stuff in this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=282818

I'll look for some stuff in Novak's match threads as well but honestly the amount of complaining Nadal fans do in Novak's match threads this year about his celebrations, MTO etc. should be evident without the need to look it up.

Not to mention a certain Nadal fan constantly refering to Novak as "Balkan Trash" until he got banned(temporarily).

jackson vile
09-22-2011, 01:57 PM
It's tame compared to stuff in this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=282818

I'll look for some stuff in Novak's match threads as well but honestly the amount of complaining Nadal fans do in Novak's match threads this year about his celebrations, MTO etc. should be evident without the need to look it up.

Not to mention a certain Nadal fan constantly refering to Novak as "Balkan Trash" until he got banned(temporarily).

The ****s were accusing Novak of taking steroids! And the the thread had to be deleted LOL

zagor
09-22-2011, 02:04 PM
The ****s were accusing Novak of taking steroids! And the the thread had to be deleted LOL

I believe you (even if I don't recall that thread), however Nadal fans like Clarky/PSNELKE/*********/Visca etc. have accused Novak of doping a couple of times as well, can't remember a Fed fan doing it(although I'm sure there are some).

Doesn't bother me to be honest as I think all top/star players are doping(without exception) and were doing so in every era before.

beast of mallorca
09-22-2011, 02:13 PM
I believe you (even if I don't recall that thread), however Nadal fans like Clarky/PSNELKE/*********/Visca etc. have accused Novak of doping a couple of times as well, can't remember a Fed fan doing it(although I'm sure there are some).

Doesn't bother me to be honest as I think all top/star players are doping(without exception) and were doing so in every era before.

That poster is not a fan of Rafa, fyi. If anything, she's a hater just like many of the Federinas here.

veritech
09-23-2011, 09:47 AM
No hate here?

why do you keep bumping threads with no useful information to add but "look at these ****s"?

Clarky21
09-23-2011, 10:08 AM
why do you keep bumping threads with no useful information to add but "look at these ****s"?

Tell me about it. He has been necro-ing threads for a couple days now. It's annoying.

beast of mallorca
09-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Not as annoying as you dude.

FedExpress 333
09-24-2011, 07:39 AM

Its much more annoying then him :confused::-?:-|

Andres
09-24-2011, 07:40 AM
This thread is like the Hall of Fame of banned users :p

Clarky21
09-24-2011, 07:55 AM

You have reached bizarro land when it comes to my posts,dude. How about ignoring me if I bother you so much?