PDA

View Full Version : Cool video Brad

Pages : [1] 2

Lindsay
06-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Check out MSN.com main page. Video highlights on the left show a cool video of Deiton Baughman. Congrats on the good press.

hunter
06-22-2009, 05:47 PM
agreed...nice

amtennis
06-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Happy for you Brad!!!!

Nice piece.

Good luck to you always!

BradBaughman
06-22-2009, 08:10 PM
thanx will keep striving for the top!

tenniscp
06-22-2009, 08:37 PM
thanx will keep striving for the top!

Hey Brad. Are you putting the kid into any national tournaments just to get an idea where his training is taking him? I have not seen the kid since Eddie Herr, would be interesting to see him compete in 14's or 16's on a national level.

SoCal10s
06-22-2009, 08:45 PM
congrats Brad.. guess who just got put into every B14s crosshairs this weekend.. haha no problem at all if he has the goods... it's time to prove it now baby..it's show me time... I hope he can do it... good luck and see you at the trophy's presentation... I feel it's the toughest sectional division ...

BradBaughman
06-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey Brad. Are you putting the kid into any national tournaments just to get an idea where his training is taking him? I have not seen the kid since Eddie Herr, would be interesting to see him compete in 14's or 16's on a national level.

whatever he decides, is what's gonna happen, Hes planning a few more juniors but will continue to enter mens opens also. he plans his own schedule but the goal is to stay out of the juniors as much as possible. I think he said he wants to return to eddie hurr or the orange bowl

BradBaughman
06-22-2009, 08:48 PM
congrats Brad.. guess who just got put into every B14s crosshairs this weekend.. haha no problem at all if he has the goods... it's time to prove it now baby..it's show me time... I hope he can do it... good luck and see you at the trophy's presentation... I feel it's the toughest sectional division ...

yah its looking tough ,but he may be playing a one hand backhand make it even tougher.

SoCal10s
06-22-2009, 08:52 PM
yah its looking tough ,but he may be playing a one hand backhand make it even tougher.

man ,don't do that ***** now,tell him to do what ever it takes to win this tournament.. no excuses if he loses.. gotta handle the pressures now and get used to it , don't be like others and run away.. I want to see him win baby win.

Swissv2
06-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Great to see upcoming talent. Feel free to update us on his progress!

JLyon
06-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Brad: Very nice article/video.
Good luck to your family.

tacoben
06-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Cool video! It's nice to finally see and meet the man behind the screen name who post here on TW. I don't agree with everything you post (on TW) but now, I see what you're all about and commend you for how you're bringing up your son.

stanfordtennis alum
06-23-2009, 07:24 AM
nice video.. congrats thus far and good luck in the future

10isRocs
06-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Who is he training with at Palisades?

TennisCoachFLA
06-23-2009, 08:11 AM
whatever he decides, is what's gonna happen, Hes planning a few more juniors but will continue to enter mens opens also. he plans his own schedule but the goal is to stay out of the juniors as much as possible. I think he said he wants to return to eddie hurr or the orange bowl

Bradley, Bradley, Bradley.....you have out done yourself this time! So the 'plan' after losing to the little Stefan (Kozlov) and the big Stefan (Risager) was to "enter men's opens and stay out of the juniors as much as possible".

If you can't beat either a tiny counter puncher or a stronger barely ranked boy, the obvious thing to do is to avoid the juniors! You guys are straight out of the tennis dad's hall of fame play book.

The "best ball striker in the world at his age" from the local coach was a great touch I must say. Did he borrow that from Rick Macci? I am losing count of all the "best whatevers at their ages" tennis kids.

Dodge ball used to be my favorite game as a youngster also. Keep fooling them as long as you can my man!

BradBaughman
06-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Cool video! It's nice to finally see and meet the man behind the screen name who post here on TW. I don't agree with everything you post (on TW) but now, I see what you're all about and commend you for how you're bringing up your son.

Thanx will keep it up on the upbringing, next is to get him to completely agree to a coach solo wont do it to much longer

tenniscrazed
06-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Bradley, Bradley, Bradley.....you have out done yourself this time! So the 'plan' after losing to the little Stefan (Kozlov) and the big Stefan (Risager) was to "enter men's opens and stay out of the juniors as much as possible".

If you can't beat either a tiny counter puncher or a stronger barely ranked boy, the obvious thing to do is to avoid the juniors! You guys are straight out of the tennis dad's hall of fame play book.

The "best ball striker in the world at his age" from the local coach was a great touch I must say. Did he borrow that from Rick Macci? I am losing count of all the "best whatevers at their ages" tennis kids.

Dodge ball used to be my favorite game as a youngster also. Keep fooling them as long as you can my man!

I don't agree with a whole lot of what BB posts. And he's certainly not fooling a whole lot of people that I'm aware of. But give the guy and his kid their 15 minutes.

goober
06-23-2009, 09:54 AM

Harsh-

Hey it was a nice video. Yah "the best ball striker in the world at his age" comment was way over the top, but the reporter seem to be the realist and kept prodding the dad and the kid about what he is going to do if it doesn't work out.

I don't think anyone was being fooled. If he can get some more sponsors or some type of exposure that leads to funding I don't see what is the problem. The family is living in a trailier- give them a break.

TennisLover17
06-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Wow Great Video. I gotta give you props for sacrificing so much for your son's benefit. I really hope everything works out well for him.

10isDad
06-23-2009, 01:15 PM

If you're going to quote, quote accurately. Neeter's quote was "for his age he could be one of the best ball strikers in the world." There was never a claim that he was the superlative striker. Of course, you love to incite. Probably a good thing to never reveal who you are - I'd take Brad over you all day long in the physical confrontation you probably deserve.

TennisCoachFLA
06-23-2009, 01:38 PM
If you're going to quote, quote accurately. Neeter's quote was "for his age he could be one of the best ball strikers in the world." There was never a claim that he was the superlative striker. Of course, you love to incite. Probably a good thing to never reveal who you are - I'd take Brad over you all day long in the physical confrontation you probably deserve.

Yes, I do love to incite...phoney baloneys like Brad. Sincere posters like momtogriff and many others, I have sincere conversations with.

I don't like BSers like Brad. I don't like guys who say they and no one else know how to raise world class tennis players when they never have. I don't like guys who call American parents and kids weak. I don't like tennis dads like Brad who play games like dodging top juniors, playing up against low ranked older kids, and playing men's opens to avoid the tournament losses. I don't like guys who take shots at hard working basketball boys saying they are not smart enough for tennis. I don't like guys who say Stefan Kozlov is lying about his age after he crushed his son.

I will continue to post my frank opinions and call BS when I see it. If you don't like it, I don't really care.

Kostas
06-23-2009, 01:39 PM

I actually disagree with you.

Even if you put the exact quote out there:

"for his age he could be one of the best ball strikers in the world."

In my opinion that is indeed a claim that he is a "superlative" striker. You don't say stuff like that unless you intend to imply that is the case. He said "could be one of the best in the world" - meaning at this present time. How could you possibly interpret that otherwise?

10isDad
06-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Easy. The inclusion of "could be" and "one of the best". TCFLA made it sound as if Neeter said Deiton is the (as in the pronunciation "thee") world's best ball striker for his age. Jon did no such thing. In my opinion "could be one of the best" is a rather non-commital statement.

tenniscrazed
06-23-2009, 04:39 PM
^^^^^^ Guys, gals, mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters. Turn the sound off, then watch the video very carefully. Now what do you see @ 3 sec. then again @ 8 sec. forget the dialog.

Let BB have his 15 minutes.

tenniscp
06-23-2009, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=TennisCoachFLA;3594041]Yes, I do love to incite...phoney baloneys like Brad. Sincere posters like momtogriff and many others, I have sincere conversations with.

I did ask Brad when his son is playing the next tournament on a national level and he said he knows not since the kid schedules his own tourneys. It would be good for the kid to play a couple of 14's to really measure up to some decent competition.

As far as Brad's antics go, he is really cleverer than you give him credit for. He is getting things done and if he can get away with some publicity stunts like the one in the video, why not? After all, the family is sacrificing a lot for the kid to play. Moving into a trailer, training on his own and etc...the kid does not lack determination.

One thing that did strike me as odd in the video though was the fact that the kid says several times that he feels like he has to pay his parents back for making all the sacrifices. It almost sounds like he is playing tennis for the wrong reason. I hope I am misreading the message coming from Deiton, but after seeing the video twice, that was the impression I was left with.

On a lighter note, when Deiton mentions being marine biologist in case tennis does not work out, an episode of "Seinfeld" comes to mind when George has to pretend to be one to impress the girl.

tenniscrazed
06-23-2009, 05:05 PM
I did ask Brad when his son is playing the next tournament on a national level and he said he knows not since the kid schedules his own tourneys. It would be good for the kid to play a couple of 14's to really measure up to some decent competition.

He's playing somewhere this weekend. Look at posts #6, #7,#8, and #9. I think I read it was a 14s too.

BMG
06-23-2009, 06:22 PM
The bottom line is that if the child develops in to a world class player and can be well-adjusted to life then all is good. Otherwise, the issues down the road might be bumpy.

tennismom2
06-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Yes, I do love to incite...phoney baloneys like Brad. Sincere posters like momtogriff and many others, I have sincere conversations with.

I don't like BSers like Brad. I don't like guys who say they and no one else know how to raise world class tennis players when they never have. I don't like guys who call American parents and kids weak. I don't like tennis dads like Brad who play games like dodging top juniors, playing up against low ranked older kids, and playing men's opens to avoid the tournament losses. I don't like guys who take shots at hard working basketball boys saying they are not smart enough for tennis. I don't like guys who say Stefan Kozlov is lying about his age after he crushed his son.

I will continue to post my frank opinions and call BS when I see it. If you don't like it, I don't really care.

This guy, Richard Willams, that idiot and BSer dodged the whole junior arena and his girls turned out okay! I know you'll say that they dominated the 12's and I've checked and had Deiton played more he was domination So Cal every time he entered a tourney. I think guys like Mr. Baughman/Mr. Williams have a different way of looking at things and make so "called" coaches like you, very insecure. There's no denying that Deiton has very clean strokes, he flows, the problem with you is your so blinded by jealousy you bash a young kid you dont even know, nor have you ever seen him play in person, and heresay is never ever allowed in a court of law. I know for a fact that within a week of returning from Eddie Herr Deiton had a minor foot operation on both feet, but you never heard Mr. B make that as an excuse, did you?

Stop being so bitter TCF, not good for your health! =]

SoCal10s
06-23-2009, 09:18 PM
some of you posters need to ease up on Brad.. he's doing the best he can to raise his kid .. he puts his life out there for people to see,criticize,feel sorry for,what ever, it's out there in the open.. no one is gonna lie about being in gangs,getting kicked out of school,being an under-educated boxer,living in a trailer park,and poor.. his kid seems like he's going to make a better life than what his dad made,so what ever Brad did/does is working.. a lot of people say if you raise your kid and he/she become more successful than you were,you did a good job.. so I see Brad as doing a great job with his Deiton.. if nothing else,Deiton will be going to college and he's already educating himself more than what his dad did,and if he happens to hit a good tennis ball,that's icing on the cake..

and some people who criticized Deiton for feeling like he owes it to his parents to pay-back,I don't see anything wrong with that,Michael Chang felt the same way and a ton of great professional athletes have always said that they want to go pro to buy their mom her dream house ect.. and no one says that is bad...

tennis people are just spoiled and grew up rich or well off,this is not that case.. the poor of the world always want to give back to their parents,teachers,community,ect.. when they reach a pinnacle of their success.. the lucky, rich ones, hardly ever think to share their wealth.. just different between the two..

lightning.lu10
06-23-2009, 09:39 PM
after watching the video and the training regimen, sadly I see this set up as a classic case of burnout. The kid is already waking at 6:30 to do 90 minutes of conditioning daily, which is absurd for a 12 year old. Especially if when he starts to turn 15-16 and he starts losing games, I can see the kid mentally just wearing out. Practicing everyday is one thing, waking at 6:30 to condition is another. There are some sports where that is necessary at such a young age, like gymnastics, but tennis is not one of them.

Kostas
06-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Easy. The inclusion of "could be" and "one of the best". TCFLA made it sound as if Neeter said Deiton is the (as in the pronunciation "thee") world's best ball striker for his age. Jon did no such thing. In my opinion "could be one of the best" is a rather non-commital statement.

Non-commital in what respect? Jeeze...

Saying something like "for his age he is an excellent ball striker" is non-commital. Saying he could be one of the best in the world directly implies a comparison to the best players in his age group in THE WORLD. You can split hairs all you want but the implied notion there is clear whether you choose to see it or not.

NewGuy
06-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Seems hard to go on your own. Why hasn't the kid linked up with a USTA Training Center, Bollettieri, Evert, Newcomb or some other such training center?

10isDad
06-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Non-commital in what respect? Jeeze...

Saying something like "for his age he is an excellent ball striker" is non-commital. Saying he could be one of the best in the world directly implies a comparison to the best players in his age group in THE WORLD. You can split hairs all you want but the implied notion there is clear whether you choose to see it or not.

I guess we have a difference of opinion. I feel "could be" can be intrepreted several ways. It can imply a future state. It can imply a modicum of doubt. You feel Neeter's "implied notion" is clear. I don't. Besides, a great ball striker does not necessarily a great tennis player make.

I like to watch Diners, Drive-ins & Dives on Food TV. Guy, the host, uses "could be one of the best" fairly often. He never says something is hands down the best. He says things like (paraphrase): that pastrami could be one of the best I've ever tasted. He's giving himself some wiggle room.

Google "could be one of the best" and you'll get millions of hits. Examples:

"Troy at Arkansas State: This could be one of the best games this season in the Sun Belt." In this situation, the game had not even occurred. It was a statement of potential.

"Chichester's city centre could be one of the 'best areas in Europe'."

"Mistress of the Revolution could be one of the best reads of the year!"

"Changing careers could be one of the best decisions you make in your life. It may also be one of the more difficult things you will do."

"I thought he could be one of the best climbers in the world. There's no way now."

"I have high hopes for Barack - he could be one of the best presidents the country has ever had. But that is conditional..."

tenniscrazed
06-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Seems hard to go on your own. Why hasn't the kid linked up with a USTA Training Center, Bollettieri, Evert, Newcomb or some other such training center?

He is a very good ball striker. He does have a very "clean" stroke pattern. However, if you look at all of his videos very carefully and objectively (very important) objectively. You will see some tendencies that do not equate to "world class".

Brad as you read this I'm not saying he isn't a good player, nor am I saying he won't be a solid D2 maybe lower level D1 player. Nor am I saying you aren't a good dad. However, there are tendencies that indicate he won't be world class. I'm not going to be accused of "bashing", "criticizing" or inciting argument so don't ask what the tendencies are.

However, it's all good, because he can have a good life otherwise. There are zillions of athletes that leveraged their sport to a successful career.

Good luck and good job.

downthewall
06-24-2009, 10:48 AM
seems like this video has given more headache than anticipated.

flat
06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
He is a very good ball striker. He does have a very "clean" stroke pattern. However, if you look at all of his videos very carefully and objectively (very important) objectively. You will see some tendencies that do not equate to "world class".

The video clips do not jump out at me either. But they were very short, and I don't know if you can tell a whole lot from it.

Deit's record in Socal 12s don't lie though. He's also one of the top 8th grade players on tennisrecruiting.net (#3 in California, #16 in the nation)...for those of us looking up, we know how hard of an achievement that is...

I'd cut him some slack. He is "world class" at his age, by any definition, I think.

SoCal10s
06-24-2009, 10:56 AM

USTA at Carson is full of *****... the coaches come and go and USTA chooses whichever kid they see with "most potential" this 'most potential' is a very subjective thing and so far,their choices are not looking too good.. there are kids who go there and get free coaching and everything who,IMO,don't deserve all those freebies that USTA gives them.. it's clearly not a fair deal across the board.. go look for yourself... Brad has his own ideas...

Kostas
06-24-2009, 11:02 AM
I guess we have a difference of opinion. I feel "could be" can be intrepreted several ways. It can imply a future state. It can imply a modicum of doubt. You feel Neeter's "implied notion" is clear. I don't. Besides, a great ball striker does not necessarily a great tennis player make.

I like to watch Diners, Drive-ins & Dives on Food TV. Guy, the host, uses "could be one of the best" fairly often. He never says something is hands down the best. He says things like (paraphrase): that pastrami could be one of the best I've ever tasted. He's giving himself some wiggle room.

Google "could be one of the best" and you'll get millions of hits. Examples:

"Troy at Arkansas State: This could be one of the best games this season in the Sun Belt." In this situation, the game had not even occurred. It was a statement of potential.

"Chichester's city centre could be one of the 'best areas in Europe'."

"Mistress of the Revolution could be one of the best reads of the year!"

"Changing careers could be one of the best decisions you make in your life. It may also be one of the more difficult things you will do."

"I thought he could be one of the best climbers in the world. There's no way now."

"I have high hopes for Barack - he could be one of the best presidents the country has ever had. But that is conditional..."

Again you're simply splitting hairs. I'm actually tired of arguing this so I'll make this post and allow you to have the last word.

There are clearly two type of "could be" statements: Those that are said en leiu of proof out of lack of certainty and those said as a prognostication about future potentional. This was certainly the former due to the inclusion of "for his age" in the statement. He wasn't speculating that he has the potentional to be one of the best ball strikers at some point in the future based on his current talent and training. He was stating that he is so immensely talented that it's possible that at his current age (meaning right now) he could be one of the best in the world. Look I don't have anything against the sensationalizing of the kid for the purposes of this article and his exposure, but don't pretend like it's not there.

I actually feel bad that I'm arguing these semantics with you because it feels like I'm beating up on the kid when that really isn't my intention. I just think it's a bit disingenuious to try to marginalize a statement that was clearly (imo) intended to promote the kid's talent.

tenniscrazed
06-24-2009, 11:24 AM
The video clips do not jump out at me either. But they were very short, and I don't know if you can tell a whole lot from it.

Deit's record in Socal 12s don't lie though. He's also one of the top 8th grade players on tennisrecruiting.net (#3 in California, #16 in the nation)...for those of us looking up, we know how hard of an achievement that is...

I'd cut him some slack. He is "world class" at his age, by any definition, I think.

Slack cut. But keep these names in mind as well (Leo Rosenberg, Connor Biller, Tyler Tarnasky, Anderson Reed, Jordan Abergale). They were all top in their age groups (were they world class, maybe, maybe not) the point is tennis is too random to predict with any certainty a potential or even current world class player at that age.

For that matter, there is a story out that says that nobody wanted to play practice matches against Sampras because he couldn't keep more than 5 balls in the court at that age.

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 01:11 PM
The bottom line is that this boy comes across as a phenomenal kid. That should be kept separate from anyone's opinion on his tennis abilities.

I do apologize for letting my displeasure with Brad's past posts pollute this thread. There are other threads better suited to sparring with him.

In the end the young guy will eventually have to play the top boys in his age groups from around the world, and the results will be what they are.

But he is quite obviously a great kid, so as tenniscrazed admonished me...lets let him enjoy his time in the sun and wish him luck.

tenniscrazed
06-24-2009, 01:39 PM
The bottom line is that this boy comes across as a phenomenal kid. That should be kept separate from anyone's opinion on his tennis abilities.

I do apologize for letting my displeasure with Brad's past posts pollute this thread. There are other threads better suited to sparring with him.

In the end the young guy will eventually have to play the top boys in his age groups from around the world, and the results will be what they are.

But he is quite obviously a great kid, so as tenniscrazed admonished me...lets let him enjoy his time in the sun and wish him luck.

^^ No admonishment intended. I do agree, when the day is done all that remain in the game will have to play each other at some point. I don't think there is any one answer to the final table. Each player, family, coaches carve their own path.

Bollietierri believes in the academy system, other coaches do not. Spaniards believe in a clay court approach, yet a majority of junior and professional events are on hard court. Brad doesn't believe it helps his son to play events in his age group. Right or wrong is immaterial the question is, will it get him to the final table. Maybe, maybe not.

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 01:51 PM
^^ No admonishment intended. I do agree, when the day is done all that remain in the game will have to play each other at some point. I don't think there is any one answer to the final table. Each player, family, coaches carve their own path.

Bollietierri believes in the academy system, other coaches do not. Spaniards believe in a clay court approach, yet a majority of junior and professional events are on hard court.

Very true. I like what Brad has done from a standpoint of hard work and values and training on clay, etc.

tenniscrazed
06-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Very true. I like what Brad has done from a standpoint of hard work and values and training on clay, etc.

Google basic evaluations for an athlete. Look at the videos and see if he or any other child for that matter fits into them. If they do, then it's a start. If not then... Well you know what comes next.

Best wishes

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Google basic evaluations for an athlete. Look at the videos and see if he or any other child for that matter fits into them. If they do, then it's a start. If not then... Well you know what comes next.

Best wishes

Oh I agree on that score completely. In past posts I outlined the brutal evaluation and gave my reasons for predicting a D-2 type player being much more likely as the ceiling, based on what I saw in videos and what a coach who saw the Eddie Herr matches told me.

But this thread was to congratulate them on the video coverage, so I should have left well enough alone.

ClarkC
06-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh I agree on that score completely. In past posts I outlined the brutal evaluation and gave my reasons for predicting a D-2 type player being much more likely as the ceiling, based on what I saw in videos and what a coach who saw the Eddie Herr matches told me.

But this thread was to congratulate them on the video coverage, so I should have left well enough alone.

How many of the top 25 tennis players in an early age group, like 13 year olds, end up in Division II? I agree that many top athletes in any sport at that young of an age do not maintain their relative standing for the next 6 years. But I wonder how much precedent there is for dropping all the way to Division II.

If you cannot cite any examples that are not based on major injuries along the way, it is a shaky prediction.

tenniscrazed
06-24-2009, 03:41 PM
How many of the top 25 tennis players in an early age group, like 13 year olds, end up in Division II? I agree that many top athletes in any sport at that young of an age do not maintain their relative standing for the next 6 years. But I wonder how much precedent there is for dropping all the way to Division II.

If you cannot cite any examples that are not based on major injuries along the way, it is a shaky prediction.

First I'm not bashing the kid, his dad or anyone else. Just to clarify to all posting on this future of mens tennis. The kids' just under 600 on the USTA National 14s. Where on earth do you get top 25. Certainly not the USTA, ITF, COSAT, ETA. Maybe TRN 2014's or 2015's. Regretfully, I don't think the TRN ranking gets you into any events. Even the TRN results reveal low opponent quality wins, and losses to equal or higher quality opponents. Even, further he's like 5-7 against lesser stars. That's a 40% hit ratio against lesser quality opponents (hardly worth all this dialog).

WARPWOODIE
06-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Not familiar with the formula(s) on "Tennis Recruiting", but Deiton has a blue chip standing as of right now, which in the scheme of things would certainly qualify him for Division 1 schools if he were 17-18 years. This is all relative of course, don't know what the future holds for him, but if he maintains his blue chip standing througout his junior career, then certainly some D-1 school will pick him up.

Tom C
06-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey Brad, on the most recent youtube red clay videos who is Deiton training with?

BradBaughman
06-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey Brad, on the most recent youtube red clay videos who is Deiton training with?

Hes hitting with a kid named Danny Moss , He plays at Pepperdine and i believe he was a top junior around So Cal ,nice kid

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 05:33 PM

This is an easy one. Division 1 tennis recruits more foreign players than American players....the percentage is getting greater every year.

A blue chip at 13 on TRN is meaningless as far as D-1 tennis is concerned. And it will be even less of a factor 5 years from now when he turns 18. Heck 5 years from now at the current rate of explosion of great foreign tennis kids, only a handful of American kids will be D-1 players. It may even be tough to land a D-2 spot depending if these other countries keep going nuts producing tennis talent. The wave of foreign kids is growing like a tidal wave.

http://www.itatennis.com/AboutITA/News/LikeinthePros_ForeignPlayersAceCollegeTennis.htm

BradBaughman
06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
For the record we were contacted by Fox Sports and was ask if they could put forth what we have chosen to do . They had heard there was a boy who is self taught in tennis and is showing great potential . They wanted to show how we are sacrificing to make Deitons goals become reality .

As for Deiton he can play tennis or leave it His choice , But consider this he trains at a level every coach would dream of having a player train at once again His choice , He's on a mission to put the USA back on the map not to many 13 yr olds working as hard as he does once again his choice , Everybody don't get to ruffled he loves the sport , he doesn't throw his racket, doesn't scream out like a girl, understands what his goals are and is going after them, everything were watching the other countries do we have a young American doing on his own.

As for the training systems Jose Higuras has asked for Deiton to train there across the street Deiton has decided not to , thinks thier teaching is flawed once again His choice.

As for me i lived a crazy life ran with the Bloods not the Crips did a lot of wrong and have chosen one thing, to make sure Deiton is as far away from what i was as possible , what if i had led him into a life of crime would some of you consider me a hero? Cause having him doing what he's doing is pretty awful to many on here.

Anyways He will do as he wants with tennis and as his Dad i say more power to Him.

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Not familiar with the formula(s) on "Tennis Recruiting", but Deiton has a blue chip standing as of right now, which in the scheme of things would certainly qualify him for Division 1 schools if he were 17-18 years. This is all relative of course, don't know what the future holds for him, but if he maintains his blue chip standing througout his junior career, then certainly some D-1 school will pick him up.

Same answer as my last post. The pool is 100000 times bigger than TRN rankings.

Add in all the foreign boys who these D-1 schools slobber after....the blue chip doesn't look so blue anymore does it.

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 05:47 PM
For the record we were contacted by Fox Sports and was ask if they could put forth what we have chosen to do . They had heard there was a boy who is self taught in tennis and is showing great potential . They wanted to show how we are sacrificing to make Deitons goals become reality .

As for Deiton he can play tennis or leave it His choice , But consider this he trains at a level every coach would dream of having a player train at once again His choice , He's on a mission to put the USA back on the map not to many 13 yr olds working as hard as he does once again his choice , Everybody don't get to ruffled he loves the sport , he doesn't throw his racket, doesn't scream out like a girl, understands what his goals are and is going after them, everything were watching the other countries do we have a young American doing on his own.

As for the training systems Jose Higuras has asked for Deiton to train there across the street Deiton has decided not to , thinks thier teaching is flawed once again His choice.

As for me i lived a crazy life ran with the Bloods not the Crips did a lot of wrong and have chosen one thing, to make sure Deiton is as far away from what i was as possible , what if i had led him into a life of crime would some of you consider me a hero? Cause having him doing what he's doing is pretty awful to many on here.

Anyways He will do as he wants with tennis and as his Dad i say more power to Him.

Two totally separate things....you are a total man for the kid you raised.

The disagreement is with the tennis only. You have talked for years here about the mission. Just waiting for any results that warrant the talk...thats it.

Wins in a tournament setting against the very top ranked national and international players his age.

Whether he starts playing the best boys at 13 or 15 or 17.....whenever, I can wait.. I just want to see the results that warrant the big talk rather than videos and constant stuff about the plan and the mission and mens opens and playing up against 350th ranked boys.

Results...on the court...in high pressure tournaments against the top 1,2,3 ranked national and international boys his age......I see that, I am eating crow for years!

By the way....a 13 year old with not a one major win saying Jose Higueras coaching style is flawed is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

10isDad
06-24-2009, 05:55 PM
This is an easy one. Division 1 tennis recruits more foreign players than American players....the percentage is getting greater every year.
http://www.itatennis.com/AboutITA/News/LikeinthePros_ForeignPlayersAceCollegeTennis.htm

While I don't disagree there are lots of foreigners, division 1 men's tennis does NOT have more foreign players than American. The overall percentage of foreign players on D-1 teams tends to fluctuate between 35% to 40%. I did a study of the rosters of all D-1 teams a couple years ago and came up with 37%. I'm sure there was error, as I'd bet many of the very foreign-sounding players claiming Bradenton, FL and other academy hotbed towns may be foreign born but have lived here for a few years.

I did do a random sampling of 40 teams running the gamut from top 10 on down and found that these 37% of the players make up just over 50% of teams' top 6 players, however. This jibes pretty well with the article you cited which stated that 45 to 60% of players in the top 50 are foreigners.

I would probably agree that for teams in the top 60, the % of foreigners is higher, but that leaves another 170 or so teams. There are lots of smaller D-1 teams that don't have the big budgets to recruit and have a higher percentage of American players.

Tom C
06-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Hes hitting with a kid named Danny Moss , He plays at Pepperdine and i believe he was a top junior around So Cal ,nice kid

How does that work out when he is playing against 14 year olds? Is his timing off? Is it difficult from him to generate power? Does Deiton practice against 14 year olds b/4 a sectional or is he practicing for the future?

BradBaughman
06-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Two totally separate things....you are a total man for the kid you raised.

The disagreement is with the tennis only. You have talked for years here about the mission. Just waiting for any results that warrant the talk...thats it.

Wins in a tournament setting against the very top ranked national and international players his age.

Whether he starts playing the best boys at 13 or 15 or 17.....whenever, I can wait.. I just want to see the results that warrant the big talk rather than videos and constant stuff about the plan and the mission and mens opens and playing up against 350th ranked boys.

Results...on the court...in high pressure tournaments against the top 1,2,3 ranked national and international boys his age......I see that, I am eating crow for years!

By the way....a 13 year old with not a one major win saying Jose Higueras coaching style is flawed is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

" Usta teachings " not Jose dont know his coaching heard hes good but thats here say for me , im not aware of any top juniors he has produced are you ?

As for what were doing is a different route , i dont think Deiton will do well against juniors unless we submerge him in junior play and he gets use to the slower pace then what he trains at , but i must say for someone whos been around the sport for so long i think you would know people have taken the route we have done well , were planning for down the road will just have to see what happens!

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 06:02 PM
While I don't disagree there are lots of foreigners, division 1 men's tennis does NOT have more foreign players than American. The overall percentage of foreign players on D-1 teams tends to fluctuate between 35% to 40%. I did a study of the rosters of all D-1 teams a couple years ago and came up with 37%. I'm sure there was error, as I'd bet many of the very foreign-sounding players claiming Bradenton, FL and other academy hotbed towns may be foreign born but have lived here for a few years.

I did do a random sampling of 40 teams running the gamut from top 10 on down and found that these 37% of the players make up just over 50% of teams' top 6 players, however. This jibes pretty well with the article you cited which stated that 45 to 60% of players in the top 50 are foreigners.

I would probably agree that for teams in the top 60, the % of foreigners is higher, but that leaves another 170 or so teams. There are lots of smaller D-1 teams that don't have the big budgets to recruit and have a higher percentage of American players.

Lets see where it stands 5 years from now. Now what percentage of blue chips at 12 are still blue chips at 18? I bet there is quite a turnover as the late bloomers catch up along with the kids who start tennis later but are better overall athletes. And also remember there are lots of kids who play club tennis and are amazing and never hit TRN rankings. The club coaches have close contacts with colleges.

BradBaughman
06-24-2009, 06:07 PM
How does that work out when he is playing against 14 year olds? Is his timing off? Is it difficult from him to generate power? Does Deiton practice against 14 year olds b/4 a sectional or is he practicing for the future?

thats the tricky part ,his timing is off ,lots of unforced errors but its part of the road were on , we try to find 14 yr olds but most kids in the area duck him , Clay Thompson will hit with him so will Danny Moss and they have nice games.

good example was Nike tour last year we did get a lot of 12 yr olds to hit with him before that tourny and he went through the draw took out no.1,,6 ,, 9 in the county and deiton was ranked like 23 at the time.

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 06:14 PM
" Usta teachings " not Jose dont know his coaching heard hes good but thats here say for me , im not aware of any top juniors he has produced are you ?

As for what were doing is a different route , i dont think Deiton will do well against juniors unless we submerge him in junior play and he gets use to the slower pace then what he trains at , but i must say for someone whos been around the sport for so long i think you would know people have taken the route we have done well , were planning for down the road will just have to see what happens!

Brad.....you said your goal is a pro, not a top junior. Higueras has no cred in regards to pro tennis?

All the modern tennis men grew up playing tournaments against other top kids. Other countries have super strong club systems and they play intense tournaments vs each other. Or they play top ITF tournaments.

Richard Williams pulled the girls AFTER they were a combined 93-4 and had demolished every top kid their age.

10isDad
06-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Lets see where it stands 5 years from now. Now what percentage of blue chips at 12 are still blue chips at 18? I bet there is quite a turnover as the late bloomers catch up along with the kids who start tennis later but are better overall athletes. And also remember there are lots of kids who play club tennis and are amazing and never hit TRN rankings. The club coaches have close contacts with colleges.

I'm actually interested to see where it stands now. I think I may try to undertake it again. My guess is the percentage has increased. It'll probably take several days but I'll post the results eventually.

BradBaughman
06-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Brad.....you said your goal is a pro, not a top junior. Higueras has no cred in regards to pro tennis?

All the modern tennis men grew up playing tournaments against other top kids. Other countries have super strong club systems and they play intense tournaments vs each other. Or they play top ITF tournaments.

Richard Williams pulled the girls AFTER they were a combined 93-4 and had demolished every top kid their age.

he pulled them out after the 12's correct? with a combined! look at Deiton he was 35-3 after 5 tournys if he played 10 tournys at that rate he could have been 70- 6 would that have been considered dominating in your book?

Please Answer the math!!!!!!!!!!!!

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 06:22 PM
thats the tricky part ,his timing is off ,lots of unforced errors but its part of the road were on , we try to find 14 yr olds but most kids in the area duck him , Clay Thompson will hit with him so will Danny Moss and they have nice games.

good example was Nike tour last year we did get a lot of 12 yr olds to hit with him before that tourny and he went through the draw took out no.1,,6 ,, 9 in the county and deiton was ranked like 23 at the time.

You are one amazing tennis dad.....you have it all covered. There are 500 14 year olds here in Florida that would destroy him, that hit 3 times as hard. Honestly, what a load of nonsense, he can't hit with 14 year olds because he is so advanced? On what planet do you live?

Good lord Brad, I will leave you and your delusions for another day! Have a nice night.

BradBaughman
06-24-2009, 06:24 PM

As for you make up your mind you , complain the USTA doesn't know what their doing, then Deiton has worked with their coaches comes to the same conclusion and were dammed if do dammed if we dont ,as for Jose he oversees doesnt do privates their so your stuck working with the under -guys goodluck!!

BradBaughman
06-24-2009, 06:29 PM
You are one amazing tennis dad.....you have it all covered. There are 500 14 year olds here in Florida that would destroy him, that hit 3 times as hard. Honestly, what a load of nonsense, he can't hit with 14 year olds because he is so advanced? On what planet do you live?

Good lord Brad, I will leave you and your delusions for another day! Have a nice night.

do your self a favor go play with your little 4 yr old daughter that hits harder then Serena, cause you prove you only hear what you want to thats why you coach at a Park and Rec center and dream of having the ability of a 13 yr old who teaches himself and has nice stuff . now go play with your girl go now !!

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 06:31 PM
As for you make up your mind you , complain the USTA doesn't know what their doing, then Deiton has worked with their coaches comes to the same conclusion and were dammed if do dammed if we dont ,as for Jose he oversees doesnt do privates their so your stuck working with the under -guys goodluck!!

Okay Brad...I'll bite.

You say Deiton is on a pro route...so he can only be coached by guys who have a track record of producing top pros. No one in Carson is qualified.

So who is coaching him now and which top pros have they produced?

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 06:33 PM
do your self a favor go play with your little 4 yr old daughter that hits harder then Serena, cause you prove you only hear what you want to thats why you coach at a Park and Rec center and dream of having the ability of a 13 yr old who teaches himself and has nice stuff . now go play with your girl go now !!

Funny you brought that up. I actually watched my daughter hit tonight, she will be 5 in late September.

I did notice she had the windshield wiper forehand down and her ball appeared to have more rotation than Deiton's! Also, her biceps were a little bigger!

Night Brad, sleep tight!

BradBaughman
06-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Okay Brad...I'll bite.

You say Deiton is on a pro route...so he can only be coached by guys who have a track record of producing top pros. No one in Carson is qualified.

you are a real winner are you not the one always saying its the Spaniards hurry we have to get over there!! get our coaches over there they need to learn from them, is that not you ?? SO how much faith then do you have in Carson?

you still have not answered the math question! dude were did you attend college? Deiton is not going there and while your their in florida i have some land for sale!!

You give me the name of one coach who has taken one kid to the pros out of Carson ?

AND PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION ONE COACH?

BradBaughman
06-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Okay Brad...I'll bite.

BTW Dumm one he coaches himself dont you listen coaches himself , once again you only hear what you want to ,you just proved it.

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 06:55 PM
BTW Dumm one he coaches himself dont you listen coaches himself , once again you only hear what you want to ,you just proved it.

I did read that, I thought it was a misprint.

So the only coach qualified enough to coach Deiton is Deiton.

How about if Uncle Toni wanted the job...is he qualified?

BradBaughman
06-24-2009, 07:09 PM
I did read that, I thought it was a misprint.

So the only coach qualified enough to coach Deiton is Deiton.

How about if Uncle Toni wanted the job...is he qualified?

for sure hes got the proof he knows what he's doing and Deiton even said if he had the invite unlike the great athlete D.young had he would definately go train with Nadal. See guys like you have no proof all mouth uncle Toni's work speaks for itself , you still havent answered the question would 70-6 qualify him considering the wiliams combined was 93-4??

Kostas
06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Is he 35-3? If so that's pretty good.

I thought I saw somewhere that he had a 9-9 record somewhere.

TRN shows him as 23-11 with a 7-10 record versus everyone rated above 1-star.

SoCalDominates
06-24-2009, 07:38 PM

this is the most ridiculous thing i think ive ever heard. there arent 500 14 year olds in the world that would destroy deiton let alone in Florida. You pretty much lose all credibility when you throw out ridiculous statements like that

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 07:46 PM
for sure hes got the proof he knows what he's doing and Deiton even said if he had the invite unlike the great athlete D.young had he would definately go train with Nadal. See guys like you have no proof all mouth uncle Toni's work speaks for itself , you still havent answered the question would 70-6 qualify him considering the wiliams combined was 93-4??

Whew...at least there is one guy on earth qualified to train with him...Nadal. That is good to know.

downthewall
06-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't know Brad personally but i know someone close that knows him and said he got into a fight with a parent during a match. something like they ended up kicking him out.

as for the kid, we will have to wait and see. but from the video it doesnt look like he has pure goals to become a top pro. however to his defense, maybe since he was on camara and didnt show the real him.

TennisCoachFLA
06-24-2009, 07:49 PM
this is the most ridiculous thing i think ive ever heard. there arent 500 14 year olds in the world that would destroy deiton let alone in Florida. You pretty much lose all credibility when you throw out ridiculous statements like that

If you think there are not 500 14 year olds in the world that would beat him you are as delusional as Brad. He almost got bageled by a dang 10 year old down here!!! There are at least 500 boys 14 and under that would take him in straight sets.

tenniscrazed
06-24-2009, 07:57 PM

I agree about FL. But now your making a statement as crazy as TCF. There are literally thousands of 14 year old boys and girls that would roll this kid. Trust me on this one. In the meantime see how he does in his sectional and upcoming National Opens as a start. That statement shows how naive a sectional player can be.

tennismom2
06-24-2009, 07:57 PM
If you think there are not 500 14 year olds in the world that would beat him you are as delusional as Brad. He almost got bageled by a dang 10 year old down here!!! There are at least 500 boys 14 and under that would take him in straight sets.

OMGosh!! Are you serious TCF?? So a kid has a bad outing, not like thats NEVER happened before, thats 1 out of how many he's played!! You're telling me all the top pros never lost to someone shorter than them during their "junior tennis"?? You're the one thats dilusional, look in the mirror, Einstein!

YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN DEITON PLAY IN A MATCH SO YOU'RE "CRITISM" IS HILARIOUS!! Got to hand it to you though, you keep a lot of us laughing, and laughing is good for the soul!

tennismom2
06-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't know Brad personally but i know someone close that knows him and said he got into a fight with a parent during a match. something like they ended up kicking him out.

as for the kid, we will have to wait and see. but from the video it doesnt look like he has pure goals to become a top pro. however to his defense, maybe since he was on camara and didnt show the real him.

When? Do you have all the facts or is this another case of "heresay"? If it did happen, what was the reason?

SoCalDominates
06-24-2009, 07:59 PM

I especially doubt that there are 500 boys 14s in Florida that would take him in straights. Ok deit is like 14 seed in SoCal sectionals 14s with playing i believe 1 or 2 14s tournaments. Lets assume that Florida is a little better then SoCal (which btw is not true). maybe 20 14 year olds in SoCal are better then him. MAYBE. maybe 20 14 year olds in Florida are better then him. MAYBE. so I dont know where ur getting 500 from.

SoCalDominates
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh and I missed the 500 Fox Sports Profiles on 14 year olds from Florida

tennismom2
06-24-2009, 08:02 PM

This statement if from a guy that knows Deiton and has seen him play! Well hopefully Brad doesn't take these two seriously, there are always critiques, comes with the territory I guess.

SoCalDominates
06-24-2009, 08:03 PM
This statement if from a guy that knows Deiton and has seen him play! Well hopefully Brad doesn't take these two seriously, there are always critiques, comes with the territory I guess.

Ya Ive seen him many times. And originally I was one of Brad's harshest critics on here maybe 2 or 3 years ago but this kid can play especially for his age

kobe3pointer
06-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Wow, this kid is pretty good for his age. Good luck to him

SoCalDominates
06-24-2009, 08:15 PM

O and your statement was "destroy" there are 500 14 yr. olds in the world that would beat him. There are not however 500 14 year olds in the world that would destroy him. O and btw I like to think I'm not too delusional

BMG
06-25-2009, 04:40 AM
Good lord. Just let the kid play and the results will speak for themselves. The parents (as seen on this board) are, and will continue to be, the problem. It's a wonder these kids don't need psychiatric help with all of the nonsense the parents create. If I had a top junior player as a child, the last thing that I would do is jump on a tennis chat board and put up videos and banter with people about how good the kid is. Talk about unnecessary pressure and parental ego..:confused:

10isDad
06-25-2009, 05:21 AM
Good lord. Just let the kid play and the results will speak for themselves.

The most sensible thing said in this thread.

This probably belongs in a different thread, but since it was brought up: For 2008-2009*, the percentage of foreign D-1 male players was about 42%. I believe this is nearly a 5% increase since the last time I went through this exercise (the 2006-2007 season), which is a pretty significant jump. I no longer have the 2006-2007 data due to computer issues, so I can't say for certain.

I did find far fewer teams with all foreign players than I did 2 years ago, although there are still a few. I found more teams with all US players than the last time. If not for those teams, the percentage would jump up a couple more points. Some of these all US player teams were prestigious private schools, while others were military schools. A few cases were pretty large public schools.

Surprisingly, some of the traditionally African American schools had foreign players. Some were still "persons of color", mainly Caribbean, or Central and South American players, but on other teams, there were players from eastern Europe and/or the former Soviet bloc. When I did this a couple years ago, this wasn't the case. With the exception of a couple Jamaican players, these schools tended to be all US player based.

*I went through every D-1 team's website and tallied up players by their hometown.

There are some inaccuracies. In some cases, websites only list the 2009-2010 roster (mostly incomplete at this stage), while in most cases websites only list the 2008-2009 roster. Some websites were down/inoperable, some websites didn't list the hometown of one or more players (therefore they were excluded from the tally), and in a couple cases I was unable to locate the information.

I based the data solely on the information listed and made no judgement. If somebody with a name like "Maciek Sykut" claims to be from Marathon, FL, then that person was counted as American. Players from Canada were counted as foreign born, even for those colleges that tend to be very near the Canadian border and tend to have more Canadian born players. Players from the US Virgin Islands (there were a couple) or other US "properties" were counted as US Born.

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 06:18 AM
O and your statement was "destroy" there are 500 14 yr. olds in the world that would beat him. There are not however 500 14 year olds in the world that would destroy him. O and btw I like to think I'm not too delusional

You are right...500 is an exxageration, I think exxagerations are common on these boards. Just remember many boys play club tennis down here and are not on the USTA rankings or TRN. Also we have lots of foreign boys playing down here in his age group.

Anyway, I am just waiting to see real wins over top players.

But apparently I will have a long wait because anyone short of Nadal can't hit with him because they might throw off his timing. (joking...sort of)

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 06:33 AM
Good lord. Just let the kid play and the results will speak for themselves. The parents (as seen on this board) are, and will continue to be, the problem. It's a wonder these kids don't need psychiatric help with all of the nonsense the parents create. If I had a top junior player as a child, the last thing that I would do is jump on a tennis chat board and put up videos and banter with people about how good the kid is. Talk about unnecessary pressure and parental ego..:confused:

Great post. I have yet to see one of these video kids have any major wins...Orange Bowl, Eddie Herr, Kalamazoo, junior slam, national or top ITF anything, etc. And I have yet to see any of the real top juniors who have won major events ever have their parents post on these boards.

So far the talking parents have kids who have won nothing and the quiet parents have juniors who have won lots of things. Hmmm.

SoCal10s
06-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Great post. I have yet to see one of these video kids have any major wins...Orange Bowl, Eddie Herr, Kalamazoo, junior slam, national or top ITF anything, etc. And I have yet to see any of the real top juniors who have won major events ever have their parents post on these boards.

So far the talking parents have kids who have won nothing and the quiet parents have juniors who have won lots of things. Hmmm.

we'll see soon enough,this weekend Deiton has the SoCal sectional 14s,he's not seeded in the top 8,but there are some good player in the draw.. the National #5 is in his half and that will be his first real challenge .. but Brad has already said that Deiton is switching to a 1 handed backhand ,so there is his out for an excuse if by chance Deiton should lose... most of the kids may be about a year older but winners win,all the great SoCal players have done this in the past,and we've had more than our shares of great players.. good luck Deiton and Brad ,it's time to let your racket do the talking..

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 08:26 AM
we'll see soon enough,this weekend Deiton has the SoCal sectional 14s,he's not seeded in the top 8,but there are some good player in the draw.. the National #5 is in his half and that will be his first real challenge .. but Brad has already said that Deiton is switching to a 1 handed backhand ,so there is his out for an excuse if by chance Deiton should lose... most of the kids may be about a year older but winners win,all the great SoCal players have done this in the past,and we've had more than our shares of great players.. good luck Deiton and Brad ,it's time to let your racket do the talking..

Another great post.

Anyway, I like to tease, but when Deiton gets any big time wins I will be more than willing to eat crow.

On the court, against the very best boys your age, no excuses.

tennismom2
06-25-2009, 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=TCF] Another great post.

Anyway, I like to tease, but when Deiton gets any big time wins I will be more than willing to eat crow.

On the court, against the very best boys your age, no excuses.[QUOTE]

I stand corrected on a previous post I posted. The Eddie Herr run wasn't bad, to be exact I think he beat 3 #1 seeds from other countries and went on to win the Doubles with a kid he never played with after losing to Koslov, so seems pretty impressive to me!! Not to many kids could lose like he did and come back and win a International dbls!! Gonna eat "crow" for this TCF or make another ridiculous comment??

I agree he needs to let his racket do the talking in the 14's coming up, also think he would've been better suited for the 16's. My opinion though....

Mulligan
06-25-2009, 08:59 AM
....I agree he needs to let his racket do the talking in the 14's coming up, also think he would've been better suited for the 16's. My opinion though....

I don't mean this in a wisecracking way (and am not familiar with the system) but why would someone not in the top 8 seeding in the 14's be better suited for the 16's?

tennismom2
06-25-2009, 09:05 AM
I don't mean this in a wisecracking way (and am not familiar with the system) but why would someone not in the top 8 seeding in the 14's be better suited for the 16's?

He has played in 16's tournaments and done quite well, with the ranking system like it is, the more you play, the more pts you get and if you beat a top seed you piggy back off all their wins so the ranking system isn't completely correct. I believe he trains with college guys and mens open players so the pace of the ball is better suited for his game I guess, thus playing a older age group his game really shines...

tenniscrazed
06-25-2009, 09:14 AM
^^^^^ He hasn't done that well in any age group other than the 10s and 12s look at the TRN record. He is way upside down. I did the research so, here it is. A few low level 16s wins, a couple of low level open wins. A lot of BLAH, BLAH, BLAH about who thinks this, that or the other. Bottom line, it shouldn't matter what age bracket you're in. His sectional tournament, and the July National Opens (if he completes these tournaments) is time to put up or shut up.

Also do the background research there is a historical tendency for wd(inj), wd(admin), wd(retire). Particularly in his age group. Hmmm.

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=TCF] Another great post.

On the court, against the very best boys your age, no excuses.[QUOTE]

I stand corrected on a previous post I posted. The Eddie Herr run wasn't bad, to be exact I think he beat 3 #1 seeds from other countries and went on to win the Doubles with a kid he never played with after losing to Koslov, so seems pretty impressive to me!! Not to many kids could lose like he did and come back and win a International dbls!! Gonna eat "crow" for this TCF or make another ridiculous comment??

I agree he needs to let his racket do the talking in the 14's coming up, also think he would've been better suited for the 16's. My opinion though....

Come on now, the Eddie Herr 12s is mostly about saying thanks to the kids and parents who pay for the academy. The 'seedings' are silly and more political. Kozlov was not seeded....his dad has his own academy on the other side of FL and is a competitor. The politics changes with the older boys.

That boys 12s was a two boy field, Kozlov and Chung were the best in that field.

Mulligan
06-25-2009, 09:16 AM
He has played in 16's tournaments and done quite well, with the ranking system like it is, the more you play, the more pts you get and if you beat a top seed you piggy back off all their wins so the ranking system isn't completely correct. I believe he trains with college guys and mens open players so the pace of the ball is better suited for his game I guess, thus playing a older age group his game really shines...

Thanks, I appreciate the explanation.....that makes sense.

tennismom2
06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
^^^^ I don't care what age bracket you're in. Put up or shut up.

Well like I said at Eddie Herr dbls. he seemed to put up!! I am sure with your intellect thats not good enough either, right? I think he and his partner (who was from AUS.) did pretty well never playing together.

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 09:22 AM

March 2009....lost 2nd round to the 340th ranked boy.
Feb 2009....withdrew illness
Jan 2009, beat boys ranked lower than 200, lost when he played boy ranked 90.
Jan 2009...lost to boy ranked 190th.
Aug 2008...retired injured
July 2008...beat boys ranked in the 500-600s...lost to boy ranked 225.

Those are the 16 results.

I am not seeing the game shining, seems predictable, beats boys who are ranked very low...weekend players...loses to anyone ranked in the top 200....serious players.

tennismom2
06-25-2009, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=tennismom2;3602694][QUOTE=TCF] Another great post.

On the court, against the very best boys your age, no excuses.

Come on now, the Eddie Herr 12s is mostly about saying thanks to the kids and parents who pay for the academy. The 'seedings' are silly and more political. Kozlov was not seeded....his dad has his own academy on the other side of FL and is a competitor. The politics changes with the older boys.

That boys 12s was a two boy field, Kozlov and Chung were the best in that field.

I knew thats how'd you answer, so predictable! Deiton could beat top players in his age group and above and you'd still be routing against him and putting the kid down. Give me stats on any top pro-players now that did extremely well at a young age, in every age group.

TCF/Tenniscrazed- Stop taking your thoughts on Brad out on Deiton, we as "adults" should be wanting the best for every kid, you should know how difficult tennis is as an individual sport plus being under the age of 16 and all the pressure people put on the ones who have the talent with nice strokes and give the results he has had and hasn't and just be encouraging!! Grow up!

tennismom2
06-25-2009, 09:28 AM
March 2009....lost 2nd round to the 340th ranked boy.
Feb 2009....withdrew illness
Jan 2009, beat boys ranked lower than 200, lost when he played boy ranked 90.
Jan 2009...lost to boy ranked 190th.
Aug 2008...retired injured
July 2008...beat boys ranked in the 500-600s...lost to boy ranked 225.

Those are the 16 results.

I am not seeing the game shining, seems predictable, beats boys who are ranked very low...weekend players...loses to anyone ranked in the top 100....serious players.

Feb 2009, I believe he beat some top-seeds before he retired, correct? Doesnt matter he was 12 beating 15 or 16 year olds!! give me a break!! Stop hating...

I hope your daughter (i believe she's almost 5, right?) does well and doesn't have to deal with all your negativity or do you just save that for others?

TennisCoachFLA
[QUOTE=TennisCoachFLA;3602847][QUOTE=tennismom2;3602694]

I knew thats how'd you answer, so predictable! Deiton could beat top players in his age group and above and you'd still be routing against him and putting the kid down. Give me stats on any top pro-players now that did extremely well at a young age, in every age group.

TCF/Tenniscrazed- Stop taking your thoughts on Brad out on Deiton, we as "adults" should be wanting the best for every kid, you should know how difficult tennis is as an individual sport plus being under the age of 16 and all the pressure people put on the ones who have the talent with nice strokes and give the results he has had and hasn't and just be encouraging!! Grow up!

Hmmm....only 20 posts in 2 years...almost all of them glowing about Deiton. All the thousands of posts on this forum, many quite nasty and negative with so many subjects and posters that need a spanking....yet only the Deiton ones get you going to respond.

Gee, wonder who this might be!

tenniscrazed
^^^^^ He hasn't done that well in any age group other than the 10s and 12s look at the TRN record. He is way upside down. I did the research so, here it is. A few low level 16s wins, a couple of low level open wins. A lot of BLAH, BLAH, BLAH about who thinks this, that or the other. Bottom line, it shouldn't matter what age bracket you're in. His sectional tournament, and the July National Opens (if he completes these tournaments) is time to put up or shut up.

Also do the background research there is a historical tendency for wd(inj), wd(admin), wd(retire). Particularly in his age group. Hmmm.

Read carefully. Ms. Mom, Brad and the rest of the baughman posse. We didn't post videos and hype them all over town you guys did and now you're regreting it.

tennismom2
06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=tennismom2;3602894][QUOTE=TennisCoachFLA;3602847]

Hmmm....only 20 posts in 2 years...almost all of them glowing about Deiton. All the thousands of posts on this forum, many quite nasty and negative with so many subjects and posters that need a spanking....yet only the Deiton ones get you going to respond.

Gee, wonder who this might be!

Deiton has played on the high performance courts with my daughter and have spent many times with them there. I heard about this site and yes I know the family well and will stick up for them! Like any human with a heart would when others want to see kids fail!

Kostas
06-25-2009, 09:43 AM

I'm just a low level USTA league player but the "lack of pace" arguement seems to be a bit cliche'd in my limited experience.

I have heard that excuse so many times from people who can't beat people "because they don't give them enough pace." This is ridiculous imo and it usually comes from players whose perception of their own game far outweighs the reality of it.

"Pushers", as their often called at our level, are extremely tough for average players at their own level to beat. However, a very good player (even within the same level) usually has no trouble with these players.

If you can't beat them then who is really the better player?

tennismom2
06-25-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm just a low level USTA league player but the "lack of pace" arguement seems to be a bit cliche'd in my limited experience.

I have heard that excuse so many times from people who can't beat people "because they don't give them enough pace." This is ridiculous imo and it usually comes from players whose perception of their own game far outweighs the reality of it.

"Pushers", as their often called at our level, are extremely tough for average players at their own level to beat. However, a very good player (even within the same level) usually has no trouble with these players.

I agree with you my daughter has lost to many pushers and shes beat a couple too. Its a very tough situation to be in, I believe adults who are more mature that a teenager can deal with it better though, the pushers for the most part in juniors dont do so well at the higher age levels.

tenniscrazed
06-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Deiton has played on the high performance courts with my daughter and have spent many times with them there. I heard about this site and yes I know the family well and will stick up for them! Like any human with a heart would when others want to see kids fail!

And you joined this "site" the same month as Brad. Righty oh... we believe you Ms. Mom :roll:

tennismom2
06-25-2009, 09:58 AM
And you joined this "site" the same month as Brad. Righty oh... we believe you Ms. Mom :roll:

Good Job Crazed just toying with its Brad LOL i can play and laugh all day because of you guys.

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 10:09 AM

Exactly....I have seen this many times before. Tennis parents are masters at it. The excuses are so predictable. In no particular order.

1. He lost because the other kid is a pusher.
2. He lost because he was practicing a new stroke that day.
3. He lost because he only plays much older boys, the younger boys are not his caliber.
4. He avoids juniors, don't want to hurt his future.
5. We are skipping the useless kids tournaments and playing with grown men at the club, open, whatever.
6. I pulled him off the court for bad behavior. (usually while he is losing of course, never done in the finals at the Orange Bowl though!!)

WARPWOODIE
06-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Poor Deiton...I wonder if he even knows that he is even being talked about on this board!?

tenniscrazed
06-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Poor Deiton...I wonder if he even knows that he is even being talked about on this board!?

I think I read once that he does and in one of his youtube vids. I remember his dad mocking Mightymanfred and I in it. :confused: :confused:

BradBaughman
06-25-2009, 11:29 AM

Yah he does he even toys with these 2 ,

Heres your homework TCF and Crazed try and figure out which screen names im toying with you 2 on General Pro Discussion and a couple other threads were real good freinds on a couple of them!

Have fun in my playground! Tennismom2 was so easy and it took you 2 years to figure it out ,

and you predicting the future of tennis juniors.LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOL talk again soon just who am i is the question.

amtennis
06-25-2009, 11:35 AM

And likewise - "coaches" of any caliber don't post on boards and surely don't
attempt to rip up the kids. Your no better than the "talking parents" that you criticize. The "quiet" coaches have ALL of the respect. Do us a favor and take the "coach" out of your screen name. Itís quite disrespectful to the real coaches. And I can't help but point out that Stefan Kozlov is indeed older than he claims. My nephew passed thru his camp in 2004 and they were the same age. Now kozlov is 2 years younger. Stefan is a decent player no doubt but you need to stop using him to try to bash Deiton.

Mulligan
06-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Good Job Crazed just toying with its Brad LOL i can play and laugh all day because of you guys.

Wait a minute...you (Brad Baughman) actually conjured up more than one screen name to "toy" with people on the Board?? There are a lot of sincere tennis lovers on this forum and for an alleged adult to use it as a "playground" is the definition of "get a life". I hope your child doesn't inherit this characteristic. You also do a huge disservice to those that discuss issues with you or that support you. Bud, you have some issues but in spite of that I hope your kid does well...it's not his fault. Later.

10isDad
06-25-2009, 12:33 PM
The other issue with the tennismom2 alias: see #10 in the Policies section of the forum.

tenniscrazed
06-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Wait a minute...you (Brad Baughman) actually conjured up more than one screen name to "toy" with people on the Board?? There are a lot of sincere tennis lovers on this forum and for an alleged adult to use it as a "playground" is the definition of "get a life". I hope your child doesn't inherit this characteristic. You also do a huge disservice to those that discuss issues with you or that support you. Bud, you have some issues but in spite of that I hope your kid does well...it's not his fault. Later.

Actually, I've even discovered situations in which I think he had conversations with himself, and members of his own household under different screen names.

SoCal10s
06-25-2009, 12:40 PM

everyone who plays up always shines,that's why I tell my players to not play up until they've proven themselves as a pressure player,show me some sectional wins or a national win or even a national level 2 ..

a lot of my players(and parents) want to always play up..
I want to see them crap in their pants and learn from that experience NOW! not later when matches gets more important.. I don't give a crap about what you do in the 12,14 or even 16s show me the wins when you get older.. and to that, you have to learn how to win in all situations ..
a lot of player ditch the pressures and play up,where there are too little pressures in beating an older competitor .. and later when all matches are high pressure situations ,they cannot deal with it because they haven't learned to handle it when they were kids...

hitting and playing against older ,stronger kids and adults,doesn't equate to knowing how to win when needed.. yes ,you're improving but that's only 1 aspect of the whole tennis scheme that the kids needs to learn to take with them to the next level...

so it's time for Deiton to really prove his worth by winning this SoCal sectionals 14s.. I really whole heartedly wish him the best ,because he NEEDS it more than those rich spoiled brat kids.. he needs the wins to push himself and show everyone that he IS for real.. while the other rich spoiled kids can fail at tennis,they have their so called dayjobs to go to..for Deiton there are not enough safety nets to catch him if he should fall...
my million heir players ,don't need to succeed in tennis to have a great life,they just need to wait for inheritance and they will get a house in a multi-million dollar neighborhood with a tennis court in the back yard,where as Deiton,get a trailer park home and still needs to play rent for parking space.. best wishes Brad and Deit... go show them all...

region2champion
06-25-2009, 12:41 PM
I wonder why the fact that Brad had an older daughter who was a fine player burned out and quit a while back has been left out of this conversation. I've also heard it was mostly Brad's fault. I've also heard from a few people that he has a bad track record of fight's and bad behavior during Deiton's tournaments. Supposedly he has been kicked out tennis facilities.

Brad, this is just what I've heard and it may be a bunch of completely random and untrue crap or heavily exaggerated. Not trying to really bash on you, just want to know why no one is talking about it.

Kostas
06-25-2009, 12:47 PM
everyone who plays up always shines,that's why I tell my players to not play up until they've proven themselves as a pressure player,show me some sectional wins or a national win or even a national level 2 ..

I want to see them crap in their pants and learn from that experience NOW! not later when matches gets more important.. I don't give a crap about what you do in the 12,14 or even 16s show me the wins when you get older.. and to that, you have to learn how to win in all situations ..
a lot of player ditch the pressures and play up,where there are too little pressures in beating an older competitor .. and later when all matches are high pressure situations ,they cannot deal with it because they haven't learned to handle it when they were kids...

hitting and playing against older ,stronger kids and adults,doesn't equate to knowing how to win when needed.. yes ,you're improving but that's only 1 aspect of the whole tennis scheme that the kids needs to learn to take with them to the next level...

so it's time for Deiton to really prove his worth by winning this SoCal sectionals 14s.. I really whole heartedly wish him the best ,because he NEEDS it more than those rich spoiled brat kids.. he needs the wins to push himself and show everyone that he IS for real.. while the other rich spoiled kids can fail at tennis,they have their so called dayjobs to go to..for Deiton there are not enough safety nets to catch him if he should fall...
my million heir players ,don't need to succeed in tennis to have a great life,they just need to wait for inheritance and they will get a house in a multi-million dollar neighborhood with a tennis court in the back yard,where as Deiton,get a trailer park home and still needs to play rent for parking space.. best wishes Brad and Deit... go show them all...

Wow...big chip on your shoulder about successful and wealthy people eh?

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Actually, I've even discovered situations in which I think he had conversations with himself, and members of his own household under different screen names.

I had tennismom2 figured out last summer. 'She' only came on to back up what Brad said. But actually I thought it might be his wife as the grammar is different in her posts.

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 12:57 PM

I hate the playing up thing unless the kid is so amazing that he is playing up and beating the top older kids. But it is almost always playing up against very low ranked older kids.

It proves nothing. There is no pressure on the younger kid.

The pressure is to fight month after month against the best kids your age...pushers and bashers. The pressure is to hold your high ranking when you are the target.

If parents think juniors are a waste of time...fine. Then play grown ups or college players at your club as training.

But don't play up only against the 200th-300th-400th 500th-600th-700th ranked older kids. That is worthless a has no purpose but to dodge the best kids your age.

Mulligan
06-25-2009, 12:58 PM
....so it's time for Deiton to really prove his worth by winning this SoCal sectionals 14s.. I really whole heartedly wish him the best ,because he NEEDS it more than those rich spoiled brat kids.. he needs the wins to push himself and show everyone that he IS for real.. while the other rich spoiled kids can fail at tennis,they have their so called dayjobs to go to..for Deiton there are not enough safety nets to catch him if he should fall...

What a load of crap^^^. Who is looking to make money to "move out of the trailer park".....the child or the frikkin' fraud father. There are many, many more realistic and sound ways to get ahead in life. Rolling the dice on the tennis court with your child isn't one of them. Too bad the father isn't spending time with his son on education, learning a trade or working with his son on lifelong lessons that will have a much better chance of success rather than playing games with multiple fake personalities on a tennis board while "using" his son as bait. For all we know, YOU SoCal are just another fake thread name for Baughman. This entire thread has become a joke with that fool and his creepy agenda.

SoCal10s
06-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Wow...big chip on your shoulder about successful and wealthy people eh?
no, not at all,it's just he way of the world.. life is not fair,some people have it while others don't and those who don't, need to do more and work harder to achieve it.. that's why USA is still the best place to live and achieve.. in other countries,you can work hard all your life and never be able to change your life,.. in America ,if you work hard,and have somekind of ability and with some luck,who knows.. you could even be the governor of California.. and while those who were born with a silver spoon,it doesn't mean the spoon is gonna keep feeding all the time,.. with this economy,a lot of million heirs are losing what was their future.. so there it is.. Kostas: don't start being a "troll"

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 01:04 PM
And likewise - "coaches" of any caliber don't post on boards and surely don't
attempt to rip up the kids. Your no better than the "talking parents" that you criticize. The "quiet" coaches have ALL of the respect. Do us a favor and take the "coach" out of your screen name. It’s quite disrespectful to the real coaches. And I can't help but point out that Stefan Kozlov is indeed older than he claims. My nephew passed thru his camp in 2004 and they were the same age. Now kozlov is 2 years younger. Stefan is a decent player no doubt but you need to stop using him to try to bash Deiton.

No thanks, I'll keep my screen name. And yes I will continue to go after the BSing tennis parents on this forum. I will also continue to post hundreds of other posts giving kids and parents pretty solid tennis advice.

As for Kozlov, what you posted is slander. He was playing in the 10s at 7 years old. That does not mean he was 10 then. His age is exactly as stated.

Unless you can produce positive proof that Coach Kozlov has committed fraud and changed his son's age, I suggest you don't post slanderous accusations.

By the way, for a new user you also seem to appear and 'back up' Brad's claims. The nephew just happening to attend the camp and telling you Kozlov's age...the exact claim Brad makes...is interesting.

Kostas
06-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Kostas: don't start being a "troll"

Well...all other things aside you can KMA. I'm not a troll and I'm not the one posting stupid **** about how rich people suck and "million heirs" don't need anything.

SoCal10s
06-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Well...all other things aside you can KMA. I'm not a troll and I'm not the one posting stupid **** about how rich people suck and "million heirs" don't need anything.

I never said 'rich people suck' , I said million heir kids don't need tennis to be successful .. learn how to quote if you want to quote me.. "I got to stop feeding the troll"

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 01:20 PM
SoCal10s....are you also Brad or Brad related? I am confused now about who is who on here.

amtennis
06-25-2009, 01:20 PM
No thanks, I'll keep my screen name. And yes I will continue to go after the BSing tennis parents on this forum. I will also continue to post hundreds of other posts giving kids and parents pretty solid tennis advice.

As for Kozlov, what you posted is slander. He was playing in the 10s at 7 years old. That does not mean he was 10 then. His age is exactly as stated.

Unless you can produce positive proof that Coach Kozlov has committed fraud and changed his son's age, I suggest you don't post slanderous accusations.

By the way, for a new user you also seem to appear and 'back up' Brad's claims. The nephew just happening to attend the camp and telling you Kozlov's age...the exact claim Brad makes...is interesting.

Wasn't slanderous at all. In fact I put in in a matter of fact way.
As far as being Brad - the moderators will surely know if I am posting from the same IP as Brad or even from the same area.
Mods? Check me out.

TennisCoachFLA - where are you out of anyway? Would like to see some of your kids play. Let's get together and maybe you and I aren't so far apart.

SoCal10s
06-25-2009, 01:22 PM
What a load of crap^^^. Who is looking to make money to "move out of the trailer park".....the child or the frikkin' fraud father. There are many, many more realistic and sound ways to get ahead in life. Rolling the dice on the tennis court with your child isn't one of them. Too bad the father isn't spending time with his son on education, learning a trade or working with his son on lifelong lessons that will have a much better chance of success rather than playing games with multiple fake personalities on a tennis board while "using" his son as bait. For all we know, YOU SoCal are just another fake thread name for Baughman. This entire thread has become a joke with that fool and his creepy agenda.

you are right about there are so many things that Brad can spend time doing for his kids instead of tennis,BUT he hasn't found it,so .. it's same story with the Williams and so many under-educated parents.. sports is the only thing they can see... I'm not a 3rd Brad,believe me on that...

Kostas
06-25-2009, 01:25 PM
I never said 'rich people suck' , I said million heir kids don't need tennis to be successful .. learn how to quote if you want to quote me.. "I got to stop feeding the troll"

My bad. I was paraphrasing... You simply said:

because he NEEDS it more than those rich spoiled brat kids

And...

while the other rich spoiled kids can fail at tennis,they have their so called dayjobs to go to

And...

my million heir players ,don't need to succeed in tennis to have a great life,they just need to wait for inheritance and they will get a house in a multi-million dollar neighborhood with a tennis court in the back yard

You're right...I don't know how I could have possibly come to the conclusion that you have something against silver spoon kids. Your acceptance and appreciation of them is so obvious. You have my sincerest apologies.

And BTW....WTF is a "million heir"?

SoCal10s
06-25-2009, 01:31 PM
SoCal10s....are you also Brad or Brad related? I am confused now about who is who on here.

No I'm not the 3rd Brad.. I just want to see any kid do well if he's not a spoiled brat,Deiton is OK ..,I've seen him at tournaments and he's well behaved .. and I'm always a sucker for a "Rocky" story .. even Williams or Tiger Woods.. although I hate Richard and Serena Williams ,but you can't knock what he has done in producing 2 great champions,too bad 1 of them can't act like a champion ..

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Wasn't slanderous at all. In fact I put in in a matter of fact way.
As far as being Brad - the moderators will surely know if I am posting from the same IP as Brad or even from the same area.
Mods? Check me out.

TennisCoachFLA - where are you out of anyway? Would like to see some of your kids play. Let's get together and maybe you and I aren't so far apart.

amtennis....no offense, I only use the internet for fun, never make social connections. We have 2 under five year olds at home, I don't take chances.

Anyway, I will say we are in Parkland, FL.

I will tell you I have known little Kozlov and his dad on a casual tennis bases since he was about 5. I don't see any problem with his age except he did start 10s at a young age. I would need some solid proof that his dad has played with his age.

I will make you a deal... I won't evaluate any more tennis kids because their parents rub me the wrong way. Not fair to the kids.

SoCalDominates
06-25-2009, 01:33 PM
No I'm not the 3rd Brad.. I just want to see any kid do well if he's not a spoiled brat,Deiton is OK ..,I've seen him at tournaments and he's well behaved .. and I'm always a sucker for a "Rocky" story .. even Williams or Tiger Woods.. although I hate Richard and Serena Williams ,but you can't knock what he has done in producing 2 great champions,too bad 1 of them can't act like a champion ..

SoCal10s has too many posts for it to be another Brad. I dont think Brad could maintain that many posts on diff. accounts.

amtennis
06-25-2009, 01:36 PM

Also - I wasn't referring to a "weekly camp etc" I meant that he attended his academy for a while. Just using the word "camp" meaning his place.
( Language differences I suppose.)

amtennis
06-25-2009, 01:38 PM
amtennis....no offense, I only use the internet for fun, never make social connections. We have 2 under five year olds at home, I don't take chances.

Anyway, I will say we are in Parkland, FL.

I will tell you I have known little Kozlov and his dad on a casual tennis bases since he was about 5. I don't see any problem with his age except he did start 10s at a young age. I would need some solid proof that his dad has played with his age.

I will make you a deal... I won't evaluate any more tennis kids because their parents rub me the wrong way. Not fair to the kids.

LOL - Deal!!!!

And understand perfectly about info on the net.!!!

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 01:38 PM

Okay, I didn't think you were, but lately its hard to tell sometimes with posters.

Deiton seems like an awesome kid. I hope he does well, gets a great college scholarship, and becomes the Marine Biologist he mentioned in his video.

Mulligan
06-25-2009, 01:39 PM
you are right about there are so many things that Brad can spend time doing for his kids instead of tennis,BUT he hasn't found it,so .. it's same story with the Williams and so many under-educated parents.. sports is the only thing they can see... I'm not a 3rd Brad,believe me on that...

Apologies...I kind of went on a rant because I was suckered in this thread by tennismom/bradbaughman and I have soured on their whole gig. I went to the beginning of the thread and it was creepy to see someone with multiple thread names "speaking to himself" so to speak in an attempt to either stroke his own ego or to elevate the perception of his son. I truly hope the boy does well...but as I said; that would be in spite of his father's antics.

You have made many good points here and I certainly didn't want to lump you in with Baughman. Have a good one.

SoCal10s
06-25-2009, 01:41 PM
SoCal10s has too many posts for it to be another Brad. I dont think Brad could maintain that many posts on diff. accounts.

SoCalDominates are you also Brad? .. ohh man this ***** is more fun than real life.. WTF? good luck this week end.. not a bad draw..

BMG
06-25-2009, 01:43 PM
It looks like Brad Baughman (and alias "tennismom") is banned. Good riddance but it is very sad in a way - that an adult would act like that. Here's hoping the Deiton does well and has success in life. Hopefully, Brad will be able to get his life together and not be a hindrance to the boy's growth in all areas.

Kostas
06-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Wow yeah...I wonder if they found any of this other screennames via IP...

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 01:47 PM
SoCalDominates are you also Brad? .. ohh man this ***** is more fun than real life.. WTF? good luck this week end.. not a bad draw..

Hmmmm.....maybe we are all Brad!!

SoCal10s
06-25-2009, 01:49 PM
man they did get banned,too bad because Brad is a lot fun to BS with.. just like 'fedace'. now I have more time to go hit the tennis ball instead of blogging ..

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 01:50 PM
It looks like Brad Baughman (and alias "tennismom") is banned. Good riddance but it is very sad in a way - that an adult would act like that. Here's hoping the Deiton does well and has success in life. Hopefully, Brad will be able to get his life together and not be a hindrance to the boy's growth in all areas.

Wow, he did get banned.

BMG
06-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Hmmmm.....maybe we are all Brad!!

Brad Baughman and his screen name brethren......

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/c/B/eptreehouseclones.jpg

downthewall
06-25-2009, 02:58 PM
why did they get banned

region2champion
06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
well remember he said he had even more screen names, so they might only have banned 2 out of......... idk 10?

region2champion
06-25-2009, 03:47 PM
does anyone know if that stuff that I heard is true? I'm pretty sure it is.

downthewall
06-25-2009, 03:53 PM

i don't know but a friend of mine has a kid that used to hit with him and he said that brad was a headcase in tournaments and would fight with other parents. eventually he got thrown out one time. thats all i heard... this was from a good friend of mine.

region2champion
06-25-2009, 04:53 PM
wonder if he is permanently banned.

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 04:54 PM

There was a poster a while back who said the same thing you did. He had an older daughter and she was pretty good but burned out. This poster said the mother got a restraining order from him on the daughter's behalf.

But I have no knowledge except for what that poster said and have no idea if it is accurate.

region2champion
06-25-2009, 05:25 PM
There was a poster a while back who said the same thing you did. He had an older daughter and she was pretty good but burned out. This poster said the mother got a restraining order from him on the daughter's behalf.

But I have no knowledge except for what that poster said and have no idea if it is accurate.

I've heard the exact same thing.

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 05:59 PM
The other issue with the tennismom2 alias: see #10 in the Policies section of the forum.

I just read those policies again. Here is # 10.

10. We allow one username per user. If we find you have more than one username, this is cause for an immediate ban.

Makes sense, if everyone had more than one it messes with the board big time.

JoelDali
06-25-2009, 06:00 PM
I'll never forget what my dad said to me when I lost to a 10 year old Michael Chang in the 12 and under Santa Barbara Junior Open..."wow that kid has poise..."

But hey, theres 500 Michael Changs in Florida I hear.

This kid need to win some big tourneys before going on MSNBC. Seems like a lot of hot air and vapor hype.

Let the raquet do the talking.

Don't blast message boards tarnishing your family name. Don't be a nuisance on the Internet. Its not respectable.

"If one's reputation is a possession, then of all my possessions, my reputation means most to me."
Arthur Ashe

SoCalDominates
06-25-2009, 06:11 PM

Dang it! you caught me again. I'm Brad. actually im Jan Silvas Dad and Brad combined. Just call me Brad Silva if you want haha jk. Thanks ya I like my side of the draw alot better then the top half. no real consistent guys all of them rip and have bad matches which suits me better so well see how it goes

TennisCoachFLA
06-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Dang it! you caught me again. I'm Brad. actually im Jan Silvas Dad and Brad combined. Just call me Brad Silva if you want haha jk. Thanks ya I like my side of the draw alot better then the top half. no real consistent guys all of them rip and have bad matches which suits me better so well see how it goes

Brad Silva...now there would be the ultimate tennis dad!

Good luck....have a great tourney.

Rob_C
06-26-2009, 02:04 AM

I disagree with that statement. Thats like saying a 4.5 player is better off playing a 5.0 tourney, than a 4.0 tourney, b/c the players are better, or they have more pace, or whatever.

Or, a Challenger level player is better off playing tour level events than Futures because the players at the tour level hit harder etc etc etc.

I'm sure the top ranked 18s player would beat the top ranked 16s player, and the top 16s player > top ranked 14s player, and so on, and so on.

tenniscp
06-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Wow, he did get banned.

Bring Brad back! Free Baughman!!! Give Brad an outlet, a forum where he can amuse us with his unorthodox thinking!!!

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Bring Brad back! Free Baughman!!! Give Brad an outlet, a forum where he can amuse us with his unorthodox thinking!!!

Definately...I will miss him a ton. Maybe he can serve a suspension and come back someday. The strange thing is that he is the one who admitted to his double identities. We suspected, but until he confirmed it, no one knew for sure. I thought it might be his wife or some other relative.

BMG
06-26-2009, 06:59 AM

Oh, he will be back sooner than you think (if he isn't already, lol). Just watch for "new users" and thread names and we might start to see some familiar posts.

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 07:24 AM
Oh, he will be back sooner than you think (if he isn't already, lol). Just watch for "new users" and thread names and we might start to see some familiar posts.

I agree. Plus he can read what were saying without an account. I may see him today at Sectionals and Ill check in with him and report back. What will we do with our time now with no Brad?

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 07:32 AM
I agree. Plus he can read what were saying without an account. I may see him today at Sectionals and Ill check in with him and report back. What will we do with our time now with no Brad?

We definately need a Brad update, especially after this big tournament.

ClarkC
06-26-2009, 07:32 AM

In case you didn't notice, he put "million heirs" in quotes as a hint that this is not how you spell millionaires. :)

Tom C
06-26-2009, 07:36 AM
We should start a "Bring Brad Back" petition.

Tom C
06-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Btw, Brad misses you guys... he really does... he told me so himself...

Tom C
06-26-2009, 07:41 AM
And no, I'm not Brad Baughman or Scot Silva or any combination of the 2...

region2champion
06-26-2009, 07:41 AM
he said he had other screen names in the pro talk forum.

Tom C
06-26-2009, 07:43 AM
You guys are all paranoid... I never heard Brad laugh so hard in my life

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 07:46 AM
he said he had other screen names in the pro talk forum.

There should be a reward to whoever finds his other screen name(s)

ClarkC
06-26-2009, 07:48 AM
This guy, Richard Willams, that idiot and BSer dodged the whole junior arena and his girls turned out okay! I know you'll say that they dominated the 12's and I've checked and had Deiton played more he was domination So Cal every time he entered a tourney. I think guys like Mr. Baughman/Mr. Williams have a different way of looking at things and make so "called" coaches like you, very insecure. There's no denying that Deiton has very clean strokes, he flows, the problem with you is your so blinded by jealousy you bash a young kid you dont even know, nor have you ever seen him play in person, and heresay is never ever allowed in a court of law. I know for a fact that within a week of returning from Eddie Herr Deiton had a minor foot operation on both feet, but you never heard Mr. B make that as an excuse, did you?

The spelling patterns certainly seem familiar here. We should have suspected it.

Ironic that it turns out that "Mr. B" did make the foot injury excuse, in this very post. :)

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 08:08 AM
There should be a reward to whoever finds his other screen name(s)

Just talked to Brad over the phone. he says to tell u he'll be back in around 3 days lol We will all have to wait and see

region2champion
06-26-2009, 08:26 AM
does anyone know if
deiton won?

BMG
06-26-2009, 08:29 AM
You guys are all paranoid... I never heard Brad laugh so hard in my life

Is this guy Brad really an adult? A real person? Or just some 12 year old with too much time on his hands posting from his mother's basement. Pretty sad story actually if it is true. I wish him well.

Mulligan
06-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Just talked to Brad over the phone. he says to tell u he'll be back in around 3 days lol We will all have to wait and see

LMAO...call him back and tell him that no one actually gives a sh*t. (At least for three days this village will be missing it's idiot.)

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 08:43 AM
LMAO...call him back and tell him that no one actually gives a sh*t. (At least for three days this village will be missing it's idiot.)

Now, now, you can only have so many posts about sponsorship goody bags and kids nervous before tournaments. Brad brings some bizarro fun to the board.

Besides if Uncle Toni calls him with the invite to have the boy train with him, we want to be the first to know!

Mulligan
06-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Now, now, you can only have so many posts about sponsorship goody bags and kids nervous before tournaments. Brad brings some bizarro fun to the board.

Besides if Uncle Toni calls him with the invite to have the boy train with him, we want to be the first to know!

Good points. It would be fun to have him back strictly for entertainment purposes. Like watching ET or TMZ to see some Hollywood screwball try to be taken seriously.

Kostas
06-26-2009, 09:09 AM
does anyone know if
deiton won?

If nothing else this has gotten me interested in the progess/successes of Deiton so I'm going to be following this tournament.

He plays today at 12noon (California time I guess?).

You can follow his bracket here:

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/Draws/EventDraw.aspx?T=79452&E=15

tenniscrazed
06-26-2009, 09:12 AM

He will be back in three days because that's when his sectional tournament ends. "The kid" will get picked off the main draw after winning 1 possibly 2 rounds. There will be much drama in the main draw. This will fuel them into the consolation draw which he should do well. My guess is that he will win the consolation draw and that is when Brad will be back, trumpet in hand.

He's certainly in a trumpeteers section of the draw. He will win his first round, the second round is where the drama will play out. He may or may not win that one (either way drama is assured). Then it's on to the third round loss or the consolation which I predict he will win.

Let's see how this one plays out.

region2champion
06-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Deiton wins first match in sectional to Alexander Miaule. Miaule is ranked 272 out of rising freshman. Not a good win by any means but won quite convincingly 0,and,3.

tenniscrazed
06-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Deiton wins first match in sectional to Alexander Miaule. Miaule is ranked 272 out of rising freshman. Not a good win by any means but won quite convincingly 0,and,3.

Let the drama begin. See above.

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Let the drama begin. See above.

and Deit falls to Menichella. Dont know the score just the result

tenniscrazed
06-26-2009, 04:56 PM

As predicted earlier. Try to find out if there was any extraordinary drama, if you can. One main draw round that's it. For a guy that was on MSN.com.

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 05:16 PM

Check out his next opponent...man, he is one tall kid. Is he any good SoCalDominates?

http://www.expert-tennis-tips.com/stefan-menichella.html

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 05:19 PM
You guys both nailed it, Menichella 6-2, 6-3 over Baughman.

tenniscrazed
06-26-2009, 05:31 PM
He will be back in three days because that's when his sectional tournament ends. "The kid" will get picked off the main draw after winning 1 possibly 2 rounds. There will be much drama in the main draw. This will fuel them into the consolation draw which he should do well. My guess is that he will win the consolation draw and that is when Brad will be back, trumpet in hand.

He's certainly in a trumpeteers section of the draw. He will win his first round, the second round is where the drama will play out. He may or may not win that one (either way drama is assured). Then it's on to the third round loss or the consolation which I predict he will win.

Let's see how this one plays out.

This is so predictable it's almost comical. Here comes the last of my prognostication :). I think SoCal Dominates, or someone from that section can chime in and tell us the strength in the consolation. My guess it is weak at best. I just checked it has to be weak, it is not a "feed in to the quarters". It's a modified for 5th place.

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Here comes the last of my prognostication :). I feel like baughman, quoting myself. Oh dear.

So far you have nailed it. The boy's tennis talent has a ceiling, hard work is great, but the ceiling is pretty much what it is.

It is really hard to get these tennis dads to get the night and day levels between being 13-15 years old and nicely ranked in a US section and say a Bernard Tomic at 13-15.

tenniscrazed
06-26-2009, 05:44 PM
So far you have nailed it. The boy's tennis talent has a ceiling, hard work is great, but the ceiling is pretty much what it is.

It is really hard to get these tennis dads to get the night and day levels between being 13-15 years old and nicely ranked in a US section and say a Bernard Tomic at 13-15.

Rankings according to Baughman. Deiton (1 - 150). Nobody else allowed to enter. Not Tomic, Boluda, King, Britton nobody. Just the super DEIT (who can't win more than one round in a main draw sectional). Gimme a break.

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Rankings according to Baughman. Deiton (1 - 150). Nobody else allowed to enter. Not Tomic, Boluda, King, Britton nobody. Just the super DEIT (who can't win more than one round in a main draw sectional). Gimme a break.

Well tenniscrazed....I think reality will set in in the next year or so. He had his height spurt quite early and was a foot taller than most of his 10-12 opponents. I have seen that many, many, many, times.

Depending on the base level of talent, reality smacks them when they start playing highly ranked 14s or 16s at the latest. With his talent level, I think the gig will be up within 1-2 years. It will be impossible to hide for reality for much longer.

Imagine what Tomic would have done to that field at age 13-14!

tenniscrazed
06-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Well tenniscrazed....I think reality will set in in the next year or so. He had his height spurt quite early and was a foot taller than most of his 10-12 opponents. I have seen that many, many, many, times.

Depending on the base level of talent, reality smacks them when they start playing highly ranked 14s or 16s at the latest. With his talent level, I think the gig will be up within 1-2 years. It will be impossible to hide for reality for much longer.

Imagine what Tomic would have done to that field at age 13-14!

Tomic, Boluda, Sarmiento (Just won 18s grass). The field is weak although some of the sectional players in that area could expand further. I just glanced and didn't see anything.

To that he will win the feed in. It's not a feed to the quarters though. So they will be fairly easy for him. Get the trumpets out.

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Check out his next opponent...man, he is one tall kid. Is he any good SoCalDominates?

http://www.expert-tennis-tips.com/stefan-menichella.html

Hes not tall at all. hes a pusher. played him a year ago when i wasnt very good. lost 5 in the third. was up a set and 4-0. kid was crying on the court. kids a hook, a push and a baby but nonetheless he's been in a tree lately and had some decent results in 16s so one could see this fate coming for deit

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 06:13 PM
check out the cideo on the link u posted. hes 30 feet behind the baseline and just pushes it back lol

tenniscrazed
06-26-2009, 06:17 PM
check out the cideo on the link u posted. hes 30 feet behind the baseline and just pushes it back lol

OMG, OMG, OMG. Are you kidding me. The guy is 6' - 10' feet behind the baseline, lunging for a backhand, playing "tall". No athleticism at all, worse of all massaging a 30 mile an hour ball.

Please tell me this is not one of the best the So Cal section has to offer in this age group?

And the boy wonder and his coach (himself) couldn't figure out a way to beat this guy or even win one set. Or even win more than 5 games. Your kidding me?

This is one of So Cal's best???? Please say it isn't so.

region2champion
06-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I can see deiton losing to this kid the same way he lost to Kozlov. Though Kozlov is not a pusher and has much variety in his game, he does know how to keep hundreds of balls in.

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 06:26 PM

Wow, I just watched the video. Oh my. Not a lot to say that you and tenniscrazed haven't already said.

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 06:28 PM
I can see deiton losing to this kid the same way he lost to Kozlov. Though Kozlov is not a pusher and has much variety in his game, he does know how to keep hundreds of balls in.

Even though this kid has 4 or 5 years on Kozlov....I think I might put my money on Stefan!

tenniscrazed
06-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Even though this kid has 4 or so years on Kozlov....I think I might put my money on Stefan!

My money is on anybody with 1/2 a tennis brain. I just can't believe that this is one of the best So Cal has to offer. They say that is one of the stronger sections!

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 06:34 PM
My money is on anybody with 1/2 a tennis brain. I just can't believe that this is one of the best So Cal has to offer. They say that is one of the stronger sections!
now now lets not bash him too much hes 27 in the US in 14s playing mostly 16s.

http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournaments/Rankings/PlayerRecords.aspx?id=611899&p=3710

check out the record. not too bad

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 06:35 PM

This is why the USTA rankings are worthless in most cases as far as predicting anything. He is 27th in the nation....playing a lot of 16s. I went over to Bradenton a few weeks ago and saw 10 or so of their 13-15 year olds hitting throughout the day, from all over the world.

It is almost impossible to put this kid low enough in the rankings to compare him to the Bollettieri boys.

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 06:35 PM
and before we bash socal 14 year olds.

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/rankings/rankinglists.aspx?id=611899

4 of the top 10 in the US. 5 in the top 12. dont think thts too bad

tenniscrazed
06-26-2009, 06:39 PM
and before we bash socal 14 year olds.

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/rankings/rankinglists.aspx?id=611899

4 of the top 10 in the US. 5 in the top 12. dont think thts too bad

Not bashing, just perplexed. Is So Cal the land of the "massagers" now. You even said the guy was a "whinny, crying, pusher"

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Ya I wouldnt pick Stefan to represent the majority of SoCal though. Check out 14s sectionals. #5 and 6 in the country not playing up. Surprising. How bout we take Joe and TJ to represent what SoCal 14s is about?

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Not bashing, just perplexed. Is So Cal the land of the "massagers" now. You even said the guy was a "whinny, crying, pusher"

You read my mine. SoCalDominates played him...said he is a hook, a whiner, a cry baby, a pusher.

And he is 27th in the nation. That pretty much shows how worthless the rankings are at that age.

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Ya I wouldnt pick Stefan to represent the majority of SoCal though. Check out 14s sectionals. #5 and 6 in the country not playing up. Surprising. How bout we take Joe and TJ to represent what SoCal 14s is about?

Good point. Those two are excellent players. But I would take Stefan vs that kid Deiton just played though!

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Good point. Those two are excellent players. But I would take Stefan vs that kid Deiton just played though!

wait which Stefan haha the kid deit played is Stefan

firstserve
06-26-2009, 06:50 PM
socaldominates did you see any good matches at sectionals in the 16s draw

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 06:51 PM
wait which Stefan haha the kid deit played is Stefan

Oh thats right, my money is on the Stefan named Kozlov!

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 06:53 PM
socaldominates did you see any good matches at sectionals in the 16s draw

ya there were some solid matches. Boyd and Matias was a good battle. Schienman vs. Pham was intense. Wang vs. Bernhardt was good. Bernhardt had 3 break points to get to 5-5 in the second. Wish I coulda seen Asami vs. Wagner

firstserve
06-26-2009, 06:53 PM
it seems like there were multiple upsets

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 06:54 PM

ugh idk Menichella is tough to play. makes u beat him. they both have some similar results so it would be fun to watch

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 06:55 PM

ya taritikhumporn and stolar both scored huge upsts

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 06:55 PM
i think Brad has arrived again, is that you firstserve

TennisCoachFLA
06-26-2009, 07:03 PM

Hmmm...brand new user, starts out on this thread.

scraps234
06-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Hmmm...brand new user, starts out on this thread.

ok do you know what page? i see 2 at the 1st page and there are more on the others

tenniscp
06-26-2009, 07:30 PM

Kozlov is certainly improving quickly. It is rather interesting that Kozlov, not Deiton, is the one that is having some impressive results. He is having the results that Brad wants his son to have, but without much fanfare, at least not from his own dad. Kozlov is pretty highly ranked in 14's and is making small strides in 16's. I can't predict where that will take him, but if I were to compare Kozlov to anybody, it probably would have to be little Christian Harrison.

Much like Harrison, Kozlov competes very well and although he is not yet technically or physically as developed as Deiton, I must say that in two years (when Kozlov will be the age Deiton is now) he probably will surpass Deiton and leave him in the dust.

As far as Deiton losing to Menichella, I expected that. I saw that kid play at Easter Bowl and he can put anybody to sleep, especially someone who is not match tough, like Deiton. He probably slow played Deiton, took him out the rhythm and then ....destroyed him. Since Brad can't argue his position here, I would say no more, otherwise, it would be like hitting a blind man.

In any case, had Deiton somehow won against Stefan Menichella, he would have no chance against in form Pura, who would have demolished him.

Anybody here thinks that it could be in the name (Stefan Kozlov, Stefan Menichella). No luck against Stefans!

tenniscrazed
06-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Kozlov is certainly improving quickly. It is rather interesting that Kozlov, not Deiton, is the one that is having some impressive results. He is having the results that Brad wants his son to have, but without much fanfare, at least not from his own dad. Kozlov is pretty highly ranked in 14's and is making small strides in 16's. I can't predict where that will take him, but if I were to compare Kozlov to anybody, it probably would have to be little Christian Harrison.

Much like Harrison, Kozlov competes very well and although he is not yet technically or physically as developed as Deiton, I must say that in two years (when Kozlov will be the age Deiton is now) he probably will surpass Deiton and leave him in the dust.

As far as Deiton losing to Menichella, I expected that. I saw that kid play at Easter Bowl and he can put anybody to sleep, especially someone who is not match tough, like Deiton. He probably slow played Deiton, took him out the rhythm and then ....destroyed him. Since Brad can't argue his position here, I would say no more, otherwise, it would be like hitting a blind man.

In any case, had Deiton somehow won against Stefan Menichella, he would have no chance against in form Pura, who would have demolished him.

Anybody here thinks that it could be in the name (Stefan Kozlov, Stefan Menichella). No luck against Stefans!

^^^^^^ Baughman or a Baughman with better spelling. Check out the posts. He's having conversations with himself again.

firstserve
06-26-2009, 07:57 PM
no. didnt socaldominate dominate solar recently?

firstserve
06-26-2009, 07:58 PM
i also thought that interestingly enough doehring who had to qualify for quicksilver took it all and he by all means is a solid player unless he was injured today

firstserve
06-26-2009, 08:00 PM
what is your prediction for boys 16s and 18s

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 08:00 PM
no. didnt socaldominate dominate solar recently?

ya 0 and 2. im just that good :) haha jk.

firstserve
06-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Pardon me for my inadequate grammar. Socal Dominate must have overpowered little solar. However earlier when the blog was mentioning Stefan, the important issue that you guys failed to mention was that the camera was only pointed on Stefan rather than his shot placement and point construction. Although his strokes may seem unorthodox the fact of the matter is he has a proven track record of beating strong players.

SoCal10s
06-26-2009, 08:27 PM
the 18s had a lot of hugh upset and what almost was an upset against the 2nd seed... Arthur was up a break in the 3rd and he lost against Dennis Lin.. Formentera the 1st seed is put the 1st round.. and also the 6th seed,J Huang..

ya there were some solid matches. Boyd and Matias was a good battle. Schienman vs. Pham was intense. Wang vs. Bernhardt was good. Bernhardt had 3 break points to get to 5-5 in the second. Wish I coulda seen Asami vs. Wagner

Wang vs Bernhardt wasn't that trilling.. Wang as just toyed with CB it was 5-1 in the second CB really had no chance,like I said,it's
Wang's tournament to lose..

hi Brad tough loss..

ugh idk Menichella is tough to play. makes u beat him. they both have some similar results so it would be fun to watch

S.Menichella, is a heady player,does all that junk stuff to upset your tempo.. he takes down a lot of big hitters,who fail to utilize their brains when they play him... maybe that's Deiton too...

SoCalDominates
06-26-2009, 08:31 PM
the 18s had a lot of hugh upset and what almost was an upset against the 2nd seed... Arthur was up a break in the 3rd and he blinked against Dennis Lin.. Formentera the 1st seed is put the 1st round.. and also the 6th seed,J Huang..

Wang vs Bernhardt wasn't that trilling.. Wang as just toyed with CB it was 5-1 in the second CB really had no chance,like I said,it's
Wang's tournament to lose..

hi Brad tough loss..

S.Menichella, is a heady player,does all that junk stuff to upset your tempo.. he takes down a lot of big hitters,who fail to utilize their brains when they play him... maybe that's Deiton too...

my boys the johnson bros: campbell and alex. took out formentera and huang. atta way. What do u think of my chances against AM tomorrow SoCal

firstserve
06-26-2009, 08:35 PM
He is a solid backhand and an all court game;however, your power may be able to set him off. Good luck tomorrow!

tenniscp
06-26-2009, 08:39 PM
^^^^^^ Baughman or a Baughman with better spelling. Check out the posts. He's having conversations with himself again.

Did you stop taking your medication? You have to get back on it, otherwise you will have these troubling thoughts that everybody is "a Baughman". If you checked out my posts and think that I am Brad, you need professional help. Couple of pills won't do it.

SoCal10s
06-26-2009, 08:46 PM
my boys the johnson bros: campbell and alex. took out formentera and huang. atta way. What do u think of my chances against AM tomorrow SoCal

AM is very beatable if you play him right and play smart.. you know already he likes to come to net to volley.. so come up before he does and press him to pass you.. his passing shots sucks.. and that backhand is too weak.. hit high B/H's to him and take the net.. there's no way he will pass you.. when he comes up,hit to his feet like you do in doubles,don't try to pass him unless it's a sure pass.. good luck and if this helps you win tomorrow,you owe me a Starbuck drink...

firstserve
06-26-2009, 08:54 PM
most of what socal10s said is true...but dont be so confident to go to am's backhand- it is one of his best shots. Nevertheless ST is definitely the stronger from the two physically. My prediction is a three set battle.

firstserve
06-26-2009, 08:55 PM
btw is socal10 from santa barbara

TennisCoachFLA
06-27-2009, 04:12 AM
Welcome back BB. You do have some insight into the SoCal boys. Stick to that and don't form any additional identities so you can stick around this time.

BMG
06-27-2009, 04:42 AM
Welcome back BB. You do have some insight into the SoCal boys. Stick to that and don't form any additional identities so you can stick around this time.

I actually feel sorry for Baughman. His attention seeking and juvenile mindset cannot be helpful to his son's growth. I wish Deiton well in spite of it all.

region2champion
06-27-2009, 05:17 AM
is firstserve allowed to say he's brad.

WChiang
06-27-2009, 05:22 AM
is firstserve allowed to say he's brad.

who cares anymore. The guy has become a joke.

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 01:18 PM
most of what socal10s said is true...but dont be so confident to go to am's backhand- it is one of his best shots. Nevertheless ST is definitely the stronger from the two physically. My prediction is a three set battle.

Good call on the three setter too bad it didnt go my way

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Is double faulting at 5-5 in the third 30-30 a good thing??

gogeta087
06-27-2009, 02:08 PM
is double faulting ever a good thing?

フェデラー
06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
can someone explain ot me what is going on? who is this brad? child prodigy at tennis, doubt it.

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 02:48 PM
is double faulting ever a good thing?

nope it never is. especially when ur playing a guy top 20 in the nation and its 5-5 30-30 in the third set

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 03:57 PM
to quote myself from another thread
"16s i think u got to go with Wang. Look out for Faierman though, been hitting well lately. 18s- Zach Leslie is my pick. Been almost unbeatable lately. Quicksilver, CIF, National Mens Open (finalist)."
CALLED IT. 1 and 4 Faierman over Wang

firstserve
06-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Nice attempt socaldominates. Were you able to see any of the solar vs madregallejo match?

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Nice attempt socaldominates. Were you able to see any of the solar vs madregallejo match?

ya madragallejo is a better player by far and btw Asami vs. Wood was unbelievable

firstserve
06-27-2009, 06:23 PM
It is pretty amazing how AM had the stamina to beat Jung 7-5 in the third after playing you.

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 06:24 PM
It is pretty amazing how AM had the stamina to beat Jung 7-5 in the third after playing you.

I know. Ours was 3 hours and it was a battle long points. i was surprised he could duplicate that

firstserve
06-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Do you remember any of the tactics you used to beat solar so convincingly because it seems that so many people are having trouble with him.

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Do you remember any of the tactics you used to beat solar so convincingly because it seems that so many people are having trouble with him.

Ya take everything on the rise crush it and come in. and serve big

firstserve
06-27-2009, 06:37 PM
what are your predictions for the 16s

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 06:38 PM
what are your predictions for the 16s

D Faierman over AM in the final 6-4 3-6 7-5. thats my call. well see. how did deit do today BB

firstserve
06-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I think he won 2 and 2

firstserve
06-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Since when did you jump to the conclusion that I am Brad?

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Since when did you jump to the conclusion that I am Brad?

yesterday i believe

firstserve
06-27-2009, 07:14 PM
I assure you that I am not Brad.

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 07:20 PM
I assure you that I am not Brad.

i dont know its pretty suspect. email me who u r then

firstserve
06-27-2009, 07:52 PM
You're shrewd enough to solve this mystery on your own.

SoCalDominates
06-27-2009, 07:53 PM
You're shrewd enough to solve this mystery on your own.

ok Brad. Its obvious