PDA

View Full Version : I, Marius Hancu, am calling the bluff on Nadal's doctor

Marius_Hancu
06-23-2009, 03:21 AM
Hello, everyone,

Nadal's doctor, Dr. Cotorro, has stated Nadal is to be 100% in 3-4 weeks.

I'm calling this bluff and bluster.

If Rafael Nadal has knee tendinitis for such a long time, as he himself has recognized, it will not totally go away in a month. This is chronic (even if Nadal denies it to be such).

I strongly suggest rest until the pain is fully gone, followed by a very gradual rehabilitation process. Further, I suspect Nadal has in fact patellar tendinitis combined with regular knee tendinitis (see those bandages to keep in place the patella). That's even more dangerous, as it affects the patella, a bone, not a soft tissue. This could lead to long-term damage.

I am not a doctor, but a professional engineer, however as the visitors of the Health section here know from my many posts, have quite an experience (both personal and that of others) with tendinitis and am saying it doesn't go away this quickly.

See:

Great fitness sites
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=15571

You're exposing Rafael Nadal to huge risks, Dr. Cotorro, by bringing him back too soon. Let him fully and gradually heal. If that means skipping the US Open, so be it.

BTW, the time to review my and Dr. Cotorro's opinion is not now, but in say 10 years from now, looking at the health of his patient (esp his knees) at that point in time. Remember Guga and Norman (OK, that was hip, but still massive overuse).

Now, you members, you have the opportunity to have your say yourselves:-)

malakas
06-23-2009, 03:32 AM
I believe it's very serious problem both physical and mental.But Nadal and his team probably already know about this,and the doctor doesn't say the whole story in publicity.

jelle v
06-23-2009, 03:41 AM
I have the same opinion..

I really do not understand how such a chronic injury can be "solved" wit 4 weeks of rest. Impossible in my opinion. Maybe the injury will be back to an acceptable level of pain and distress, but i simply do not believe that the injury will heal so quickly. Tendinitis just doesn't go away that fast.

Pros are pros though.. and they will want to play as fast as possible. No doubt Nadal will feel the same. i do think however that this is a crucial stage in his career. Start playing too soon and you may very well cut your career short. :|

bizarre_opinion
06-23-2009, 03:52 AM
i honestly think it's pointless keep talking about nadal, it's obvious he's got psychological issue's, and i very much doubt he'll be the same again. Let's just get back to talking about tennis.

Fedace
06-23-2009, 03:53 AM
Nadal needs to come to good old USA and see a real doctor. Either UCSF or Stanford hospitals.

<3tennis!!!
06-23-2009, 03:57 AM
Nadal needs to come to good old USA and see a real doctor. Either UCSF or Stanford hospitals.
you are actually the worst poster on tt....please stfu

MichaelChang
06-23-2009, 04:02 AM
He has to come back soon and play. He can not rest for a year or so and then come back. He plays a physical game and that is what it takes. He has to be young and fit enough to play his game. His career will be short regardless he is healthy or not, because of his game. So he has to play, through the pain if the knee does not fully recover.

rommil
06-23-2009, 05:02 AM
Nadal needs the opinion of a real doctor, not a spin doctor.

samster
06-23-2009, 05:05 AM
May be Dr. Cotorro has some special injections that we don't know about ?

But I do agree with you. If it is tendinitis, I doutbt he will be back to 100% in 3 weeks.

seffina
06-23-2009, 05:40 AM
you are actually the worst poster on tt....please stfu

But he is right in that those hospitals have some of the best doctors. Not really the best for what Nadal has. New York is the best place for that. I'm sure he has great doctors even if they're not the most PR savvy or truthful.

I don't know what's true or what's not. Rafa should just go and enjoy his few weeks off as much as he can. Hope to see him back at Cincy only because I want to personally see him play.

TheMusicLover
06-23-2009, 05:57 AM
I don't see how someone with a chronic medical condition can be back within three weeks either...

And doctors sometimes talk sh*t as well - I well remember Robin Haase's knee injury more than a year ago. According to his docs he would be back in three months. Eh, well, yeah. Didn't really happen.

Hope I'm wrong though, and I wish Rafa all the best of a recovery. I only hope he (and his team) will indeed allow himself to take all the time necessary.

Slayer
06-23-2009, 06:05 AM
But he is right in that those hospitals have some of the best doctors. Not really the best for what Nadal has. New York is the best place for that. I'm sure he has great doctors even if they're not the most PR savvy or truthful.

I'm sure Europe has more than enough of the best doctors for Nadal to go to.

theduh
06-23-2009, 06:10 AM

racism at it's best.

Gorecki
06-23-2009, 06:18 AM

so real doctors are only availiable in USA? hum.. like Dr. Phil?...

Fedace... YOU ARE A JOKE!

theduh
06-23-2009, 06:20 AM
^^^ Exactly my feelings. He's making him self look stupid.

seffina
06-23-2009, 06:22 AM
I'm sure Europe has more than enough of the best doctors for Nadal to go to.

Of course, as I said later in the post, I'm sure Rafa has great doctors. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I was actually trying to point out the west coast bias in that post. :) But I failed. Consistently the best doctors in the specialty that Nadal needs are in NY and Boston, not at UCSF or Stanford. In the US. I don't know much about hospitals outside America.

skip1969
06-23-2009, 06:26 AM
hindsight is 20/20 . . . but either the nadal camp has been given some questionable medical advice to get to this point, or they've made some questionable decisions.

slicekick95
06-23-2009, 06:32 AM
i honestly think it's pointless keep talking about nadal, it's obvious he's got psychological issue's, and i very much doubt he'll be the same again. Let's just get back to talking about tennis.

Lol, you're right, your opinions are very bizarre. What makes you think Nadal has psychological issues?

Gorecki
06-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Of course, as I said later in the post, I'm sure Rafa has great doctors. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I was actually trying to point out the west coast bias in that post. :) But I failed. Consistently the best doctors in the specialty that Nadal needs are in NY and Boston, not at UCSF or Stanford. In the US. I don't know much about hospitals outside America.

Seffi... in Europe the best sports doctors dont need to work in Hospitals...

they work as either Freelancers or For Clubs, Sports Associations and National teams of whatever sport they specialize...

Fedace
06-23-2009, 06:44 AM

I am just saying, USA has the best medical schools and medical training in the world so we must be producing the best doctors in the world as well, right ??? and many more ground breaking research is made in the US vs other countries.

Gorecki
06-23-2009, 06:48 AM
I am just saying, USA has the best medical schools and medical training in the world so we must be producing the best doctors in the world as well, right ??? and many more ground breaking research is made in the US vs other countries.

Based on what? your opinion?

those research center you talk about are jam packed with european, asian and african investigators coming from WW Universities...

SO IN A NUT SHELL... WHAT YOU HAVE IN AMERICA IS DOLLARS... nothing else!

Fedace
06-23-2009, 06:51 AM

those research center you talk about are jam packed with european, asian and african investigators coming from WW Universities...

I couldn't Agree more. Best Dollars do bring in the BEST talent as they say. Money talks in america.:)

seffina
06-23-2009, 06:56 AM
Seffi... in Europe the best sports doctors dont need to work in Hospitals...

they work as either Freelancers or For Clubs, Sports Associations and National teams of whatever sport they specialize...

That's an excellent point as well. :)

OrangeOne
06-23-2009, 06:58 AM

Pathetic.

Silly.

Silly-er.

So blinded by bias I'm surprised you can still type.

For the record - I'm sure he has world class doctors, and I agree with most here - the problems he seems to have are not just physical....

coyfish
06-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Well I don't think its fair to judge Nadal because nobody knows the exact specifics of his injury. I had a stress fracture that has developed into a chronic tendonitis. I am also a triathlete and I can tell you that with good sports therapy (what Nadal is getting), a few weeks can do miracles. His injury won't dissapear but it will certainly help him feel better. I had 3 weeks of therapy when my pain got bad and it helped a ton.

Im not saying that he is or is not bluffing but has he really played THAT poorly to warrant mentally breaking down? He lost to fed fair and square in Madrid. Fed played with a new strat and Nadal got beat. I guess you can say his 2 losses to soderling / hewitt got to him but I find that hard to believe.

Hes only dropping out of one tournament in his young career. He has played more than most in the top 10.

seffina
06-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Silly. Silly-er.

For the record - I'm sure he has world class doctors, and I agree with most here - the problems he seems to have are not just physical....I never claimed that he didn't. Again, my response was simply to the West Coast bias, nothing else. (I deal with it all the time.) Am I supposed to have extensive knowledge of the quality of specialty care of hospitals outside the United States? I never claimed that care was inferior to that in the U.S, only that for the ailments that Rafa suffers from, the best hospitals in the US are found in NY and Boston. Of course this is all very much off-topic and this is better left alone.

As Gorecki said, the athletes can afford doctors that have no hospital affiliation, so hospital discussion is rather moot in this case. (It was irrelevant to start with.)

I don't agree with the psychological issues. Not saying that there aren't any, but I think if they're there they're quite secondary to the actual physical issues.

I definitely think he will not be 100%, but hopefully just good enough to be competitive.

rafan
06-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Hello, everyone,

If Rafael Nadal has knee tendinitis for such a long time, as he himself has recognized, it will not totally go away in a month. This is chronic (even if Nadal denies it to be such).

I strongly suggest rest until the pain is fully gone, followed by a very gradual rehabilitation process. Further, I suspect Nadal has in fact patellar tendinitis combined with regular knee tendinitis (see those bandages to keep in place the patella). That's even more dangerous, as it affects the patella, a bone, not a soft tissue. This could lead to long-term damage.

I am not a doctor, but a professional engineer, however as the visitors of the Health section here know from my many posts, have quite an experience (both personal and that of others) with tendinitis and am saying it doesn't go away this quickly.

See:

Great fitness sites
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=15571

You're exposing Rafael Nadal to huge risks, Dr. Cotorro, by bringing him back too soon. Let him fully and gradually heal. If that means skipping the US Open, so be it.

BTW, the time to review my and Dr. Cotorro's opinion is not now, but in say 10 years from now, looking at the health of his patient (esp his knees) at that point in time. Remember Guga and Norman (OK, that was hip, but still massive overuse).

Now, you members, you have the opportunity to have your say yourselves:-)

I've been harping on about the importance of rest when it comes to recovery and I think it is paramount for any long distance recovery. Under these circumstances I believe the body has an incredible ability to heal itself and one should never, ever give up. Positive thinking is also a very important factor irrespective of what one has to cope with. You only have to look around you to see people who have overvcome obstacles to be fit and well and be victorious again.

Devilito
06-23-2009, 09:32 AM
I agree with you. Nadal’s doctor is just doing PR. What’s he going to say? “Nadal’s knees are messed up so everyone should try and run him around because eventually he’ll break down”… ???

No matter how Nadal’s knees are his statement would probably be the same. “Nadal’s knees are fine and he’ll be back %100”… He should run for political office.

drakulie
06-23-2009, 10:02 AM
I believe this issue to be way worse than what is being discussed so far.

As I have said before, there is no way under the heavens Nadal does not play Wimbledon, and innaugurate the new Center Court, unless something grave is going on. (whatever that may be, including the possibility of a possible suspension for illegal substance use).

Nadal is such an amazingly bull-headed fighter on the court, I believe he would move hell and earth to play Wimby. For him to just withdraw to "rest his knees", which by the way have been hurting for over 4 years now, is too much of a stretch for me to believe.

NamRanger
06-23-2009, 10:15 AM

Because the U.S. takes in students from many other international schools. Want to know why? In other countries, the health care system doesn't pay doctors. Over here, it does. So what happens? You have a huge collection of talent from all around the world.

Rabbit
06-23-2009, 10:17 AM
I believe this issue to be way worse than what is being discussed so far.

As I have said before, there is no way under the heavens Nadal does not play Wimbledon, and innaugurate the new Center Court, unless something grave is going on. (whatever that may be, including the possibility of a possible suspension for illegal substance use).

Nadal is such an amazingly bull-headed fighter on the court, I believe he would move hell and earth to play Wimby. For him to just withdraw to "rest his knees", which by the way have been hurting for over 4 years now, is too much of a stretch for me to believe.

Not to mention the fact that he's defending the title he himself said is most important to him. I agree, something is up.

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Trolls taking over another another legit thread. Pathetic they are. Keep your suspicions of steroid use to yourself.

drakulie
06-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Trolls taking over another another legit thread. Pathetic they are. Keep your suspicions of steroid use to yourself.

adn keep your opinion of "no suspicion" to yourself.

OTMPut
06-23-2009, 10:50 AM

Do you have any good counter point for Drak's point? Or is the lack of it results in a troll cry?

Nadal indeed claimed that Wimby is the most important tournament in the world. If the problem is such that he would be 100% with 3-4 weeks of rest, being the fighter he is supposed to be, i expect he would put up with the pain and be 100% now for Wimby.

Either the 3-4 weeks 100% is a hogwash or there is something more to it.

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 10:51 AM
You have been trolling much worse lately. I wish the mods would take care of this.

NamRanger
06-23-2009, 10:56 AM
You have been trolling much worse lately. I wish the mods would take care of this.

"Waaagh Waagh Waaagh someone has a difference of opinion from me and I don't like it."

http://talkingheadtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ht_shock_060727_ssv.jpg

endbegin
06-23-2009, 10:57 AM
I do think it is more than just knees, perhaps a lot of mental fatigue like Cahill suggested (although he did so in a somewhat off-the-cuff way).

However, as far as steroids are concerned, if someone claims that he took steroids, then the onus is on that person to prove it. The onus is not on Nadal or his supporters to prove that he didn't do it. That is why one is innocent until proven guilty. To say Nadal is a steroid user is very unfair.

If performance enhancers are in play here, then hopefully time will tell.

Puma
06-23-2009, 11:21 AM
I absolutely don't think Nadal is a user.

I absolutely don't think Nadal has any other problem than the fact that his knees hurt like hell.

I would be willing to bet the doctors told him not to play, and if he did it could jeapordize his future. He wanted to play so he tests his limits, and he lost. So, he pulls out of Wimby.

I also don't get why so many people think he is juicing? I mean, haven't any of you guys ever ran track, or played football and seen how cut some of these guys are. I know of two guys I went to HS with that were way more built than Nadal and they seldom ever lifted weights, except for 12 oz curls.

Nadal is an athlete, pure and simple. Its in his genes.

drakulie
06-23-2009, 11:26 AM

Lately?????

You've been doing it since 2006, and yet you are tolerated. Now, as others have pointed out, do you have a reasonable explanation as to why Nadal wouldn't play wimby to rest his knees, yet will be ok in about 3 weeks???? You go on believing this BS.

I do think it is more than just knees, perhaps a lot of mental fatigue like Cahill suggested (although he did so in a somewhat off-the-cuff way).

However, as far as steroids are concerned, if someone claims that he took steroids, then the onus is on that person to prove it. The onus is not on Nadal or his supporters to prove that he didn't do it. That is why one is innocent until proven guilty. To say Nadal is a steroid user is very unfair.

If performance enhancers are in play here, then hopefully time will tell.

Very fair point, and I agree>>> he is innocent until proven guilty. However, as a fan of not only Nadal, but of tennis, I sure as hell don't believe the "injury and I'm going to rest my knees for 3 weeks" story.

Aabye
06-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Drak, you are turning into a real pain in the neck. Everywhere a Nadalfan goes these days you are right on their heels giving them grief.

Why don't you believe his story? Only because he isn't playing his favorite tournament?

Well, there are easily two less (or equally in the second case, although on a personal level) horrible reasons for it than doping.
1. He's a really competitive guy who will not play unless he thinks he has a good chance of going all the way
2. Why focus only on this rumor? What happened to the one about his parents? That is at least as plausible, especially given Nadal's rep as a homebody.

sureshs
06-23-2009, 11:37 AM

How did I know you would mention Stanford?

sureshs
06-23-2009, 11:39 AM

I would suggest going to China for acupuncture, followed by India for some ayurvedic oil massage, then to Thailand for a "full body" massage.

DrpShot!
06-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Why is there a debate over whether Nadal works out or not? He's had a physical trainer since he was 15 or 16. From his interview with MF:

What is a your weekly workout regimen when you're not playing in a tournament?
It all depends at what period of the season we are talking about. If we are in the pre-season, the gym work is higher. During the season I don't do much, I prefer to play tennis.

How has your training regimen evolved as you've grown from a teenager into a man?
I always had the same physical trainer and I don't really see the difference from what I did 5 years ago. The biggest difference comes with the kind of work I specifically need for my tennis and the changes I have [made]. But not depending on age.

sureshs
06-23-2009, 11:41 AM

Is Nadal on steroids?

NamRanger
06-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Is Nadal on steroids?

Speculations are that he tested positive or he knew he was going to.

theduh
06-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Speculations are that he tested positive or he knew he was going to.

wow! Any links or articles saying this?

sureshs
06-23-2009, 11:48 AM
This ayurvedic massage is the best:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__dsR7QSlLTU/ScUeA7oLgpI/AAAAAAAAAD8/2RncP5iY1kY/s200/Ayurveda_Chavittithirummal_Hungary.jpg

NamRanger
06-23-2009, 11:55 AM
wow! Any links or articles saying this?

Drak's got the article I think.

theduh
06-23-2009, 12:25 PM
This ayurvedic massage is the best:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__dsR7QSlLTU/ScUeA7oLgpI/AAAAAAAAAD8/2RncP5iY1kY/s200/Ayurveda_Chavittithirummal_Hungary.jpg

Is that man gonna drive that wood into that lady's back? I'll have to pass this kind of massage.

theduh
06-23-2009, 12:26 PM

Drak?

10char

sureshs
06-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Is that man gonna drive that wood into that lady's back? I'll have to pass this kind of massage.

Didn't realize it was a lady till you pointed it out

theduh
06-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Didn't realize it was a lady till you pointed it out

Yeah after looking at the picture multiple times I realized that no man will wear panties especially if he's having a massage. Anyway seriously if that a real massage?

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 12:44 PM
So Drag has the article. You are at a a all-time low now. Hopefully other members are seeing what a joke you are .

T1000
06-23-2009, 12:46 PM
So Drag has the article. You are at a a all-time low now. Hopefully other members are seeing what a joke you are .

:rolleyes:

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 12:51 PM
:rolleyes:
The guy has attacked my lifestyle and threatened another member. That is why he got banned for 2 weeks. He is the worst member on TW by far. Drak is his friend and is not much better. But at least he knows where to draw the line.

sureshs
06-23-2009, 12:52 PM

Drakulie has proof of Nadal's use of steroids?

T1000
06-23-2009, 12:54 PM
The guy has attacked my lifestyle and threatened another member. That is why he got banned for 2 weeks. He is the worst member on TW by far. Drak is his friend and is not much better. But at least he knows where to draw the line.

When (I seriously haven't seen those threads)

and he is not the worst member by a long shot

NamRanger
06-23-2009, 12:59 PM

I was banned for "threatening a member with physical violence". Poor me. Blade must have gotten scared for his life, that someone over the internet was goign to find him and beat him up :( I wonder where he is anyways? Oh, he's hiding in his cave like the Nadal Troll he is. I wonder why you aren't in yours?

If I really wanted to attack your personal life I would have done so recently. The only flaws that I point out are the ones produced by your feeble mind. Such as my signature.

theduh
06-23-2009, 01:04 PM

He simply stated what the article might be with Drak. What's wrong with that?

NamRanger
06-23-2009, 01:07 PM
He simply stated what the article might be with Drak. What's wrong with that?

And he says I attack people.

All-rounder
06-23-2009, 01:11 PM

I think based on the amount of drug cheating athletes

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I was banned for "threatening a member with physical violence". Poor me. Blade must have gotten scared for his life, that someone over the internet was goign to find him and beat him up :( I wonder where he is anyways? Oh, he's hiding in his cave like the Nadal Troll he is. I wonder why you aren't in yours?

If I really wanted to attack your personal life I would have done so recently. The only flaws that I point out are the ones produced by your feeble mind. Such as my signature.
It was a joke. I did that on purpose. I gotta admit I ripped off that joke from someone else. I forgot who that was. I wish you threatened my life so you can be done with on TW.

NamRanger
06-23-2009, 01:14 PM
It was a joke. I did that on purpose. I gotta admit I ripped off that joke from someone else. I forgot who that was. I wish you threatened my life so you can be done with on TW.

There's no need do such a thing. You live with your parents still; you already did it yourself.

theduh
06-23-2009, 01:15 PM
And he says I attack people.

With words. How sensitive they are. For sure someone will get back at me for saying "sensitive".

drakulie
06-23-2009, 01:26 PM

uhmmmm, more garbage from you as usual.

NBMJ threatened Rabbit, and as a result was banned for two weeks. get your facts straight before spewing all the filth you do on these forums.

Aabye
06-23-2009, 01:34 PM
uhmmmm, more garbage from you as usual.

NBMJ threatened Rabbit, and as a result was banned for two weeks. get your facts straight before spewing all the filth you do on these forums.

Speaking of spewing filth...

Benhur
06-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Drakulie has proof of Nadal's use of steroids?

Rabbit said there was an unidentified "buzz" and that his withdrawal from Wimbledon was a kind of drug suspension in disguise. Drakulie said he had indeed read some articles about this matter in Spanish and Italian newspapers over the weekend. To my knowledge, he has never provided any reference for such articles, not even the names of the supposed newspapers. NamRanger is now citing Drakulie as the authority on the matter. That's how the ball keeps rolling. As I said elsewhere, it is one thing if you express something like this strictly as your own opinion. But if you make up stories about having read newspaper articles regarding something somebody else made up, that's serious slander based on very deliberate lying, and should not be allowed.

The-Champ
06-23-2009, 03:50 PM

And what makes you think american doctors are better than Europeans?

The-Champ
06-23-2009, 03:52 PM

hahhahahha

that's the best doctor in the world :oops:

NamRanger
06-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Rabbit said there was an unidentified "buzz" and that his withdrawal from Wimbledon was a kind of drug suspension in disguise. Drakulie said he had indeed read some articles about this matter in Spanish and Italian newspapers over the weekend. To my knowledge, he has never provided any reference for such articles, not even the names of the supposed newspapers. NamRanger is now citing Drakulie as the authority on the matter. That's how the ball keeps rolling. As I said elsewhere, it is one thing if you express something like this strictly as your own opinion. But if you make up stories about having read newspaper articles regarding something somebody else made up, that's serious slander based on very deliberate lying, and should not be allowed.

I never cited Drak as an authority, all I said was he supposedly has the article that is the source of all of this.

Madhoshi22
06-23-2009, 05:30 PM

I'm a physician, and sorry to break it to you, but we don't.

Agreed, though, with our economic situation, those people are now going elsewhere.

I couldn't Agree more. Best Dollars do bring in the BEST talent as they say. Money talks in america.:)

Best dollars? If somebody told you that you looked as health has the greenback...you better pick your coffin.

Gorecki
06-23-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm a physician, and sorry to break it to you, but we don't.

Agreed, though, with our economic situation, those people are now going elsewhere.

Best dollars? If somebody told you that you looked as health has the greenback...you better pick your coffin.

probably just a short term tendency...

i'm not in to health studies, since my Phd is in Business managment, but US and Rest of the world university schools are on pair on most subjects... with probably the exception of nuclear physics and aeronautical and spacial engineerings... (not sure if these are the terms used in US)

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm starting to think Drakulie has many other screen names. They all seem to come out of nowhere when Drakulie post's. Possibly Rabbit is one of them. Boojay, Ninman, and etc. come out at that time.

Madhoshi22
06-23-2009, 05:49 PM
probably just a short term tendency...

i'm not in to health studies, since my Phd is in Business managment, but US and Rest of the world university schools are on pair on most subjects... with probably the exception of nuclear physics and aeronautical and spacial engineerings... (not sure if these are the terms used in US)

Maybe, but foreigners are starting to realize that a world-class education is available in countries other than the United States.
As far as being on par, I agree, probably the higher level sciences/cutting edge engineering would be higher in Europe or China, since they're more prevalent there.
As far as medicine is concerned, the U.S. is pretty behind when it comes to the cutting edge surgery techniques and different treatments for diseases like cancer etc.

Gorecki
06-23-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm starting to think Drakulie has many other screen names. They all seem to come out of nowhere when Drakulie post's. Possibly Rabbit is one of them. Boojay, Ninman, and etc. come out at that time.

now.... we all want you to prove that... or have the decency of getting out of this forum!

taste your own medicine!

Gorecki
06-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Maybe, but foreigners are starting to realize that a world-class education is available in countries other than the United States.
As far as being on par, I agree, probably the higher level sciences/cutting edge engineering would be higher in Europe or China, since they're more prevalent there.
As far as medicine is concerned, the U.S. is pretty behind when it comes to the cutting edge surgery techniques and different treatments for diseases like cancer etc.

in my area of expertise, the greater tendencies always seem to start in US...

i have no clue when it concerns to medicine, but i was under that impression...

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 05:54 PM
now.... we all want you to prove that... or have the decency of getting out of this forum!

taste your own medicine!
All these posters saying Nadal was a cheater happened earlier in the day. It seemed they came one after another. Drakulie is like chief troll and others follow. lol

Madhoshi22
06-23-2009, 05:55 PM
in my area of expertise, the greater tendencies always seem to start in US...

i have no clue when it concerns to medicine, but i was under that impression...

It used to be, however in medicine, the regulations have cut down severely on experimental treatments and the like.

Serve_Ace
06-23-2009, 05:58 PM

Um, Boojay and Drakuile are two completly different people....

Leublu tennis
06-23-2009, 06:13 PM
you are actually the worst poster on tt....please stfuWell, a lot of the stuff he posts is funny. Your post was not and served no purpose.

Benhur
06-23-2009, 07:43 PM
I never cited Drak as an authority, all I said was he supposedly has the article that is the source of all of this.

Did you cite anything else as "the source of all this"? You didn't. You cited Drakulie, and nothing else. That becomes your authority. By default.

Benhur
06-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Hello, everyone,

Of course it is chronic, meaning it never completely goes away. It ebbs and flows depending on the use of the affected joint. When it flares up to the point it affects performance too much, it may subside after a few weeks rest and treatment, or it may take longer. It’s a matter of how much pain you can play with and how your particular case plays out. Most athletes perform under a certain level of pain, until the pain becomes too intense to ignore. If someone were to wait until all pain from a chronic problem like this is completely gone, they may not be able to play anymore. The prognosis about a particular injury done by a layman and based on press reports is interesting, but not in any way more trustworthy than the prognosis of a doctor who knows the specifics of the case. Your calling of the so called "bluff" is itself a monumental bluff, since you know next to nothing about the specifics of the case. Next thing we know, you will be joining the low life ranks of the likes of Drakulie, and claiming that this tendinitis flare-up is in fact a smoke screen to hide impending drug charges, as reported in some mysterious newspaper articles that nobody has access to.

TheTruth
06-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Of course it is chronic, meaning it never completely goes away. It ebbs and flows depending on the use of the affected joint. When it flares up to the point it affects performance too much, it may subside after a few weeks rest and treatment, or it may take longer. It’s a matter of how much pain you can play with and how your particular case plays out. Most athletes perform under a certain level of pain, until the pain becomes too intense to ignore. If someone were to wait until all pain from a chronic problem like this is completely gone, they may not be able to play anymore. The prognosis about a particular injury done by a layman and based on press reports is interesting, but not in any way more trustworthy than the prognosis of a doctor who knows the specifics of the case. Your calling of the so called "bluff" is itself a monumental bluff, since you know next to nothing about the specifics of the case. Next thing we know, you will be joining the low life ranks of the likes of Drakulie, and claiming that this tendinitis flare-up is in fact a smoke screen to hide impending drug charges, as reported in some mysterious newspaper articles that nobody has access to.

You are the best ever poster on these boards. I'm glad you don't post as much. It gives us the chance to savor your posts. You are awesome!

TheTruth
06-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Roddick says he suffers from it, and has for the past few years.

Venus suffers from it.

It's a by-product of the sporting life.

Nothing mysterious about it.

IvanAndreevich
06-23-2009, 09:50 PM
I hope he rests until it's fully healed.

DjordjeRosic
06-23-2009, 10:27 PM

Umm Japan has more medical breakthroughs, I believe I'll try to find some facts, but I've read up on it, to another one of your posts FedAce, YOUR A DUMBASS........ just pick any one of your posts from the past or present, or even any post your thinking of making, its going to be utter ***** =/. Any way back on track, Nadal should rest it till its healed, and I believe that is at least a couple months, AT LEAST. But the best of luck to him!

-Djordje

Polaris
06-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Of course it is chronic [...], .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ViOIsJGy0

Nadal said in his interview that it is not chronic, no? Did he lie? Or, are you lying?

malakas
06-24-2009, 12:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ViOIsJGy0

Nadal said in his interview that it is not chronic, no? Did he lie? Or, are you lying?

imo he's lying yes.

Leublu tennis
06-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Pathetic.

Silly.

Silly-er. You have a problem with these comments? Or do you just have a problem?

For the record - I'm sure he has world class doctors, O.K. We have noted it in the record. Now what? the problems he seems to have are not just physical.... And that observation is based on what? Your problem?

Rabbit
06-24-2009, 05:25 AM

Wow, that would be tough. Those who've been on the boards for a while will remember that I predate Drakulie by about 8 years...

How is life on that grassy knoll?

taste your own medicine!

I second this 100%.

Underhand
06-24-2009, 06:05 AM
I, Underhand, am calling the bluff on Marius Hâncu.

sureshs
06-24-2009, 09:04 AM
I, Underhand, am calling the bluff on Marius Hâncu.

I agree. I think he should stick to engineering, not medicine.

Chadwixx
06-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Wow, that would be tough. Those who've been on the boards for a while will remember that I predate Drakulie by about 8 years...

How is life on that grassy knoll?

I second this 100%.

I can vouch for this guy, he was getting beat up by local junior girls 3-4 years ago :)

rommil
06-24-2009, 09:26 AM

I'm surprised Natural Selection hasn't gotten to that yet.

Marius_Hancu
01-27-2010, 10:16 AM
The unfortunate relapse of Nadal's knee problems at the AO serves only to confirm the premise of my OP.

He was brought back much too soon to the competition last summer, without an appropriate rehab and he's paying now the price for the foolish attitude his team and himself have had in dealing with this major health issue.

Second: with all this rush and without really taking enough care of his body, he has not been hitting his competition targets. Not when he lost in the QF of the AO, an event he won last year. He is soon to be 4th in the world, it seems. The current course of action hasn't been working in any way.

As to his claims he has improved his style on HCs wrt previous years, in order to reduce the stress on his knees, what he presently offers is not significant enough in terms of changes, not even by far.

A pointed example is that whatever Nadal has learned in terms of S&V and served him well in years past at Wimbledon, was invisible at the AO and Murray beat him while employing that very approach at some of the most critical times of their match, instead of carrying on permanently the taxing style of play that Nadal still offers as the lone alternative.

Another example is Nadal's preference towards winning points as a result of long rallies. I don't see a serious effort towards flattening the ball on HCs, towards going for more winners. I saw him doing that in training sessions, but in matches, that is thrown out the window.

He needs new doctors and coaches if he wants to survive at the top, a considerably altered approach, showing more variety, and less reliance on endurance. That should come from the head down: his strategy was lacking any imagination in the match with Murray.

namelessone
01-27-2010, 10:29 AM
The unfortunate relapse of Nadal's knee problems at the AO serves only to confirm the premise of my OP.

He was brought back much too soon to the competition last summer, without an appropriate rehab and he's paying now the price for the foolish attitude his team and himself have had in dealing with this major health issue.

As to his claims he has improved his style on HCs wrt previous years, in order to reduce the stress on his knees, what he presently offers is not significant enough in terms of changes, not even by far.

A pointed example is that whatever Nadal has learned in terms of S&V and served him well in years past at Wimbledon, was invisible at the AO and Murray beat him while employing that very approach at some of the most critical times of their match, instead of carrying on permanently the taxing style of play that Nadal still offers as the lone alternative.

Another example is Nadal's preference towards winning points as a result of long rallies. I don't see a serious effort towards flattening the ball on HCs, towards going for more winners. I saw him doing that in training sessions, but in matches, that is thrown out the window.

He needs new doctors and coaches if he wants to survive at the top, a considerably altered approach.

Don't you realize that Nadal popped his knee on a bad move on a dropper? Sure he has had knee problems and his style doesn't help but he hasn't had any problems for 6 months(since WB) and he has played almost exclusively on HC. I'd say his recovery went well,he just had bad luck yesterday.

I like you analysis on his HC game but Nadal didn't S&V at Wimbledon,he only did it in the last game of the 08' final. Nadal and S&V don't belong in the same sentence because while Nadal's volleys are decent,his serve is crap. Nadal is 23,he can't change the game that brought him 6 GS and 15 MS,he can only tweak it a little. The serve will never be improved because he serves with his non-dominant arm. My disappointment with him is the fact that he ditched the flatter forehand from the early rounds of AO 09'.

aphex
01-27-2010, 10:51 AM

All these posters saying Nadal was a cheater happened earlier in the day. It seemed they came one after another. Drakulie is like chief troll and others follow. lol

i had almost forgotten what an epic troll NF was...definitely all time top 5...

i assume he jumped off a bridge after the madrid final...RIP N_F.

your trolling technique has had vast influence on a new generation of trolls...
i'm sure you're proud watching from up there!

CMM
01-27-2010, 11:15 AM
i had almost forgotten what an epic troll NF was...definitely all time top 5...

i assume he jumped off a bridge after the madrid final...RIP N_F.

your trolling technique has had vast influence on a new generation of trolls...
i'm sure you're proud watching from up there!

Not really. This troll congratulated Fed for his RG triumph http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=266381
If he jumped off a bridge after that, then I'm sure he went to heaven.

aphex
01-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Not really. This troll congratulated Fed for his RG triumph http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=266381
If he jumped off a bridge after that, then I'm sure he went to heaven.

as i said, the new ******* generation-such as yourself-owe a lot to the prime ******* that was Nadal_freak

CMM
01-27-2010, 11:45 AM
as i said, the new ******* generation-such as yourself-owe a lot to the prime ******* that was Nadal_freak

Not really. I would never do that.

And I'm not a *******. I'm an objective tennis observer. http://i46.tinypic.com/ohu1r5.gif

JennyS
01-27-2010, 05:58 PM

Second: with all this rush and without really taking enough care of his body, he has not been hitting his competition targets. Not when he lost in the QF of the AO, an event he won last year. He is soon to be 4th in the world, it seems. The current course of action hasn't been working in any way.

He needs new doctors and coaches if he wants to survive at the top, a considerably altered approach, showing more variety, and less reliance on endurance. That should come from the head down: his strategy was lacking any imagination in the match with Murray.

I agree with this. I really haven't understood Nadal's scheduling since he came back:

-Nadal knew that with Paris, London and the Davis Cup final coming up, he was going to have a super short offseason. He could have given himself an offseason by sitting out Shanghai and Beijing, but didn't.

-Played Abu Dhabi AND Doha at the start of the year, after only a 3 week offseason. He wound up playing 7 matches, including a long final against Davydenko.

If I were Nadal, this is how I'd schedule

1. Kooyoung exo
2. Australian Open
3. Indian Wells
4. Miami
5. Monte Carlo
6. Rome
7. Madrid
8. French Open
9. Wimbledon
10. Canada
11. Cincy
12. US Open
13. Paris
14. London (if qualified)

OrangeOne
01-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Article from Sydney Morning Herald with a doctor backing up marius' claims...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/injury-could-dash-rafas-dreams-of-more-french-open-glory-20100127-mz06.html

Injury could dash Rafa's dreams of more French Open glory

LINDA PEARCE

January 28, 2010

RAFAEL NADAL could miss at least the French Open because of the recurring knee tendinitis that caused his retirement from the quarter-final against Andy Murray.
Melbourne doctor Peter Brukner described chronic tendinitis as one of the most difficult sports injuries to treat. He expected the four-time French Open champion to be sidelined for up to six months, which would rule him out of Roland Garros, starting on May 24.
The second seed's Australian Open title defence ended three games into the third set of his match against Murray, his movement compromised after a dash to chase down a drop shot late in the second set. Nadal has a long history of knee problems, having been sidelined for nine weeks in last year. The injury compromised his French Open campaign and kept the then world No.1 out of Wimbledon last year.
''Tendinitis can be career-threatening, certainly,'' Brukner said. ''It might be that this is just a minor flare-up and it settles down reasonably quickly, but the worry is that he might need an extended period out of the game, given that the nine weeks didn't really seem to do the trick. He might need three to six months out of the game.
''Tendinitis can take a long time to treat, and that's obviously something that these guys don't tend to have, and the fact that it hasn't responded is a concern. It's actually almost better to break a bone. The tendon becomes degenerative, and you have to start the healing process again because they don't heal by themselves. And you have to hope that they can deal with the incredible loads that the Nadals of this world place on them; tendons aren't designed for these sorts of loads.''
Nadal's spokesman, Benito Perez Barbadillo, said the Spaniard had woken to continuing knee pain yesterday and would have medical tests on his return to Spain.
Nadal said post-match that he had felt ''a similar thing to what I had last year'', after sprinting to the net.
Yet Nadal said he remained optimistic the worst of his knee issues were behind him. ''I worked a lot. I didn't have lot of problems for the last six months,'' he said. ''And today is the first time, no? I felt something when I think is a bad movement. But is not, you know, because the knee is tired or has been a bad movement or gesture. No, I think going to be OK.''
Since his Australian Open triumph a year ago, Nadal has not competed at a grand slam tournament injury-free, but he took umbrage at suggestions that he would need to modify his demanding style of play.
''Don't start, guys, with these questions right now,'' he said. ''I think is not the right moment. I think I changed the style to play. If you see my matches 2005 or 2004, 2006, I run a lot compared to now, no?''

supineAnimation
01-27-2010, 07:05 PM
According to the Nadal camp, what happened in the Murray match is NOT related to his chronic tendinitis. Now, that could be gamesmanship to try to avoid everyone questioning his future, but it's certainly possible that the two are unrelated.