PDA

View Full Version : Did they Change the Wimbledon Draw????

Milan
06-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Did they totally change the Wimbledon Draw when Nadal withdrew???

This is ridiculous. They can't do that... How come I see no threads talking about this??

I had my picks on ATPworldtour.com and now the draw changed so my draw looks like a mess... it completely changed...now it says Thiago Alves is in the Semis... How the hell did that happen I didnt know he was even in the tournament...he's a claycourter...

How can Wimbledon change the draw..they should just put a LL in for Nadal..thats standard..how are they getting away with this????

Commando Tennis Shorts
06-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Is this guy serious?

galactico
06-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Is this guy serious?

silence is golden.......OP, get outta here

slicekick95
06-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Calm down, Thiago Alves is not in the semis of Wimbledon. And it is not standard procedure to replace Nadal with a Lucky Loser AFTER the draw came out. You just move the 5 seed to the 1 seed, the 17 seed to the 5 seed, and an unseeded player to the 17 seed. Anyone want to confirm that because it is just off of memory?

TBobLP
06-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Did they totally change the Wimbledon Draw when Nadal withdrew???

This is ridiculous. They can't do that... How come I see no threads talking about this??

I had my picks on ATPworldtour.com and now the draw changed so my draw looks like a mess... it completely changed...now it says Thiago Alves is in the Semis... How the hell did that happen I didnt know he was even in the tournament...he's a claycourter...

How can Wimbledon change the draw..they should just put a LL in for Nadal..thats standard..how are they getting away with this????

what the hell are you talking about?

tacou
06-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Calm down, Thiago Alves is not in the semis of Wimbledon. And it is not standard procedure to replace Nadal with a Lucky Loser AFTER the draw came out. You just move the 5 seed to the 1 seed, the 17 seed to the 5 seed, and an unseeded player to the 17 seed. Anyone want to confirm that because it is just off of memory?

that's correct & what happened, though I don't know why they don't move the 9 seed instead of the 17

vive le beau jeu !
06-23-2009, 02:56 PM
that's correct & what happened, though I don't know why they don't move the 9 seed instead of the 17
this is a big mistery for me too... http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/7.gif

by the way, there was already a thread about this, for those interested :
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=3583359#post3583359

Badger
06-23-2009, 03:46 PM

Thats right.

P.S. The unseeded player gets replaced by a LL.

THATS standard procedure that was established long before the draw took place OP.

woodrow1029
06-23-2009, 03:49 PM
That is correct. However, if Monday's Order of Play had been released prior to Nadal withdrawing, then the lucky loser would have gone into Nadal's spot directly.

Milan
06-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Why am i nuts for not knowing that rule. I don't remember that happening in any Future tournament or Junior tournament I ever played.

It screwed up my ATP Racket Bracket completely.... They didnt send me a notice that this had been changed and I am ****ed.... I didnt know the rule would be to totally move the draw around... and for some reason they have me saying thiago alves is in the semis.. very weird....

everyone else can relax.... you all sound like stuck up englishman from wimbledon, england....

woodrow1029
06-23-2009, 08:47 PM
The rule is slightly different for the ATP..

TBobLP
06-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Why am i nuts for not knowing that rule. I don't remember that happening in any Future tournament or Junior tournament I ever played.

It screwed up my ATP Racket Bracket completely.... They didnt send me a notice that this had been changed and I am ****ed.... I didnt know the rule would be to totally move the draw around... and for some reason they have me saying thiago alves is in the semis.. very weird....

everyone else can relax.... you all sound like stuck up englishman from wimbledon, england....

now see here chap. no need to spoil your knickers and raise a fuss. relax, mate, with a spot a tea, and sod off. cheerio