PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Tacchini gear: Any opinions?

Kevin T
06-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Loved ST back in the 80's. Some of their new stuff (Dallas line) is fairly reminiscent of the old stuff and I've thought about buying. I always like to wear what no one else is buying. I'm not expecting the 70's/80's quality but is it decent? Does the new ST stuff fit small like a lot of Euro brands when compared to Nike/UA/etc.? Also interested in Fred Perry if anyone has experiences they would like to share. Thanks!

remrusty
06-23-2009, 10:52 AM
haha look at your number of posts.... evil
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/catpage-STMAPP.html
it is a great brand. i have been playing ea grand slam tennis, and ST gear is in the game lol, its pretty cool.

this is sweet
http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/ProductImages/STSMP.JPG

Kevin T
06-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Haha! Yes, I need to post to get off the 666! Thanks for your response.

Frodo Baggins
06-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Don't Touch The Sergio Tacchini Jackets Thier mine:twisted: My List>Wimbledon gold fed bag,Agassi Tribute shirt, an Sergio Tacchini Jackets =Mine <NO TOUCHY!!! :) Have a nice day!!! ;)

stormholloway
06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
I'll be honest, in 2006 I bought some Tacchini stuff, the stuff Robredo was wearing at the time. I thought it was garbage, just bad quality materials. I never wore it on court.

I buy the old school stuff. In fact, I'm wearing some blue shorts from the 70s/80s right now. Great stuff. Since I'm living in Italy I've been getting some bomb Tacchini gear on e-bay.

Maybe this Dallas line is better in quality, but whatever I bought wasn't. I've been disappointed where Tacchini has gone since their heyday.

maximo
06-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Fred Perry's FO shirts this year are great, very light and very breathable. I highly recommend getting it.

mdjenders
06-23-2009, 01:41 PM
I'll be honest, in 2006 I bought some Tacchini stuff, the stuff Robredo was wearing at the time. I thought it was garbage, just bad quality materials. I never wore it on court.

I buy the old school stuff. In fact, I'm wearing some blue shorts from the 70s/80s right now. Great stuff. Since I'm living in Italy I've been getting some bomb Tacchini gear on e-bay.

Maybe this Dallas line is better in quality, but whatever I bought wasn't. I've been disappointed where Tacchini has gone since their heyday.

agreed. the 2006 line with the slanted stripes was pretty lousy fabric. the orange and white stuff from the following year was better, and the current lines are really nice. a chinese businessman bought ST, and lots of the newer stuff is made in china by the same factories that make li-ning stuff (which is always very high quality). the fabric is heavier, vented well, very well done. that blue shirt earlier in this thread is really nice looking, and I hope TW usa brings it in very soon. i have my eyes on the warmup from that same collection.

ST jackets are always top notch :)!

P.S. fit is what i would call normal. there is some variation between styles, but the tennis shirts do not have a super slim fit or anything like that (though some of the cotton ST t-shirts DO have the slim fit).

sgulla
06-23-2009, 09:59 PM
I think the Tacchini stuff I have is superior to the other brands. It's quality is exceptional. The fabric is so soft and of high quality that I'd like to have more of them. Hopefully some of their designs will be less conservative in the future.

127 mph
06-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Don't Touch The Sergio Tacchini Jackets Thier mine:twisted: My List>Wimbledon gold fed bag,Agassi Tribute shirt, an Sergio Tacchini Jackets =Mine <NO TOUCHY!!! :) Have a nice day!!! ;)

What agassi tribute shirt???

ClubHoUno
07-02-2009, 05:29 PM
As mentioned, Sergio Tachhini of today is lousy quality, but BUT BUT BUT Sergio Tacchini Tennis Jackets are GREAT.

I own 4 of them, and love their color scheme and quality - better than Nike and Adidas in my view.

For some reason all the other Sergio Tacchini clothing stinks.....but their tennis jackets are TOP NOTCH :D

maximo
07-03-2009, 12:34 AM
I want the Polo Karlovic was wearing at Wimbledon, anyone know where i can find it?

slice bh compliment
07-03-2009, 03:00 AM
I think the new stuff with the two stripes (Dallas polo) is the best in terms of quality. The other styles are flimsy. The pointy collar is different from the original from the early 80s, but I think it looks better.
I bought the ST Dallas crewnecks in just about every color. Great fabrication, really thin, stretchy material. And they come in longsleeves.

The shorts are solid. Nothing special.

I'm tired of Nike and adidas.

ST, FILA and to a small extent diadora are making, by far, the best tennis apparel in the industry right now. I'm thinking about BOAST now, too.

How is the Under Armor stuff? Anyone know?

maximo
08-06-2009, 03:12 PM
I bought the ST Dallas crewnecks in just about every color. Great fabrication, really thin, stretchy material. And they come in longsleeves.

Do the Dallas crews wick moisture well?

slice bh compliment
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Really well. I may be wrong, but the crews seem thinner and cooler than the polos. The crews are the best thing going...and they are not at all expensive. I just got a few white ones (with various color stripes) for the summer, and some black longsleeves to wear as thin sweatshirts.

maximo
08-07-2009, 04:13 AM
How nice is this jacket!?

http://i30.tinypic.com/2mdlx6w.jpg

Anyone got it? Too bad they only have XL

Bobby Jr
08-11-2010, 05:01 AM
For Kevin's benefit - as I posted in another thread...

Sergio Tacchini Mats Wilander range for the 1988 US Open (which he won). You could get with horizontal or vertical stripes (he wore horizontal..) I have the matching vest somewhere also.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2w5lr12.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2u8vsif.jpg

mnm
08-11-2010, 12:45 PM
well, the modern ST like the one Djokovich uses looks terrible.
So i would definetely go with the vintage collection.

Djoko and his tribals and... gah trash deluxe

Bobby Jr
09-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Wonder if anyone here knows of a good source of the 1980s through to earl 90s Sergio tennis gear worn by Wilander and Sampras in particular.

I've been following the large online auction site but there never seems to be any shirts... just the odd tracksuit top, new vintage recreation and tons of sunglasses.

I'd love to rock up to a club game in this sort of stuff (photoshop creation FYI) compared with the new-school range.
http://i54.tinypic.com/k3ueiv.jpg

stormholloway
09-10-2010, 08:25 PM
^^^Major tease.

Bobby Jr
10-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Saw this last night on a Japanese website. It said 'Winter 2010'. Is this new?

It a bit odd but still a step up from the dragon line.. Maybe a white/grey variant could look cool.
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ufzqqo.jpghttp://i52.tinypic.com/2hz679l.jpg

adidasman
10-15-2010, 02:22 PM
That ST archer shirt, along with the geometric print Diadora stuff that Courier used to wear, could possibly be the ugliest tennis clothing of all time. I think Tacchini's trying to top themselves with the new Djoko, stuff, though. :)

the mania
10-15-2010, 09:53 PM
As they say in jersey, gaaabege ( garbage in normal English speaking portions of the US)

Dream_On
10-15-2010, 10:09 PM
As they say in jersey, gaaabege ( garbage in normal English speaking portions of the US)

or as Normal English speaking people from England or the UK would say.. rubbish

slice bh compliment
10-16-2010, 08:12 AM
..... the ugliest tennis clothing of all time. I think Tacchini's trying to top themselves with the new Djoko, stuff, though. :)

Mission Accomplished.

Or, and remember the Diadora stuff with the JC, so Jennifer Crapriati and Jim Courier could share?
And the SE and IL stuff from adidas?
Heinous.

But nowhere near as cheesy as the dragon. It's like a conference room of queer teenage boys design this stuff, fantasizing about the archer slaying the dragon. The Tecnifibre racquet with the ninja or the Zeus? I want an Ellese polo with an emo frontman on it, pretending to strum a guitar. Epic!

Bobby Jr
10-16-2010, 06:46 PM
The tackiest thing about Djoko's dragon line is the ST logo plastered all over it. Subtlety is underrated by ST obviously but I wouldn't ever wear a shirt that had the logo on the front and both sleeves. I even think it is counter-productive in a marketing sense too because it's an overtly 'marketing' effort.