PDA

View Full Version : Admit It: Wimbledon is boring without Nadal

Pages : [1] 2

ealkuon
06-23-2009, 12:24 PM
I can sense by watching Wimbledon that the overall atmosphere is not the same without Nadal. There two kinds of days at the first week of a Grand Slam; One when Federer's playing and the other when Nadal. It's just not the same. Murray has been satisfying the British fans but what about the rest of the world. There's a lack of energy, enthusiasm, and interest I sense at Wimbledon. It's boring!:x

angharad
06-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I miss Nadal, but it seems like they're focusing a bit on other players and matches. As nice as it is to have that Federer-Nadal-Federer-Nadal rhythm in a Slam, it's been good to see other players actually get some airtime.

Toxicmilk
06-23-2009, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzU9_J5Iuw

no. I miss him, but wimby is nowhere near boring just cuz he's gone.

Mansewerz
06-23-2009, 12:27 PM
No, it's not. The murray kendrick match was great.

galactico
06-23-2009, 12:28 PM
i hate nadal, so i don't care whether he's in or not.

Shaolin
06-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Its just fine, if not better, without Nadal.

norbac
06-23-2009, 12:30 PM
It's not boring but it's certainly not the same. I'm not a Nadal fan, but I gotta admit I'm missing him in this tournament.

galactico
06-23-2009, 12:31 PM
nadal hasn't really got a purpose anymore; his mission was to stop federer getting to 14GS and winning the FO and he failed greatly

tintin
06-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Wimbledon wasn't boring a few years ago when Nadal wasn't a factor on grass ;)
Nadal ain't playing,no big deal;the sun is still out
i bet you Rafa is out on his boat with his gal so i wouldn't be worried about that
he's moved on,he knew he wasn't fit enough to play.why don't you do the same ;)

Dutch-Guy
06-23-2009, 12:32 PM

Hate is a strong word fella.How can you hate somebody you don't know,never met?

Back on the topic: i agree with the OP.

8PAQ
It feels weird because I got no one to really cheer against. But I will take 2000 points gone over that any time.

theduh
It's not boring. We're still watching tennis, not unless if you're watching tennis because of Nadal.

Cenc
06-23-2009, 12:33 PM
well wimby is more boring without serve and volleyers :(

zagor
@OP Admit it:You're a Nadal fan.

joeri888
OP is no tennisfan at all. Murray-Kendrick was good, Djokovic-benneteau exciting for 2 and a half sets, Llodra-Goodall was stylish, Lopez-Beck was tense, heck, I even love watching the Alves guys playing Pavel guys if it goes to a fifth set. No player can break the tournament for me.

galactico
06-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Hate is a strong word fella.How can you hate somebody you don't know,never met?

Back on the topic: i agree with the OP.

ok, kinda harsh.........i dislike nadal

theduh

Meaning you "hate" his style of play right?

It feels weird because I got no one to really cheer against. But I will take 2000 points gone over that any time.

ROFLMAO!!!

maximo
Wimbledon's fun without Federer.

galactico
06-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Meaning you "hate" his style of play right?

ROFLMAO!!!

yes, and his frying pan personality

theduh
06-23-2009, 12:36 PM
@OP Admit it:You're a Nadal fan.

OP is a Nadal hater!

theduh
Wimbledon's fun without Federer.

And Murray.

ealkuon
It's not boring. We're still watching tennis, not unless if you're watching tennis because of Nadal.

I agree, but without Nadal, watching tennis is like watching the English Premier league without Manchester United, Basketball without Lakers, Spanish League without Real Madrid... etc. etc.

Serendipitous
Wimbledon is great!

Yay! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

galactico
06-23-2009, 12:37 PM
OP is a Nadal hater!

OP should be ashamed of himself

theduh
yes, and his frying pan personality

Rather watch paint dry huh?

Aabye
I can sense by watching Wimbledon that the overall atmosphere is not the same without Nadal. There two kinds of days at the first week of a Grand Slam; One when Federer's playing and the other when Nadal. It's just not the same. Murray has been satisfying the British fans but what about the rest of the world. There's a lack of energy, enthusiasm, and interest I sense at Wimbledon. It's boring!:x

You'll never get anything like that out of almost any Federer fan. But a non-Federer fan will probably agree with you if the final comes around and we have to sit back and watch something that lasts all of an hour. Truth is, when it comes to great matches, Nadal is king.

galactico
06-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Rather watch paint dry huh?

probably, both ideas sound pretty ****

theduh
I agree, but without Nadal, watching tennis is like watching the English Premier league without Manchester United, Basketball without Lakers, Spanish League without Real Madrid... etc. etc.

Doesn't mean that if one club or player is missing the whole tournament is boring or means less. Anyway your opinion not mine :)

Kostas
I think it actually makes it a bit more interesting at least for the other half of the draw.

If Nadal was still in it we would have seen a 2, 3, 1 drubbing of his first round opponent instead of JMDP...it wouldn't really get interesting still the QF's at least. This opens things up a bit.

Plus there's been some great tennis played already.

T1000
06-23-2009, 12:39 PM
well wimby is more boring without serve and volleyers :(

this

10 chars

theduh
06-23-2009, 12:40 PM
You'll never get anything like that out of almost any Federer fan. But a non-Federer fan will probably agree with you if the final comes around and we have to sit back and watch something that lasts all of an hour. Truth is, when it comes to great matches, Nadal is king.

And others are just a bunch of wannabes trying to play tennis. Please give me a break!

zagor
06-23-2009, 12:41 PM

No tennis fan will say that Wimbledon(the most prestigious slam)is "boring" with or without either Fed and Nadal,period.The only ones who are whining about it are Nadal fanboys who apparently think that tourney without Nadal in it is worthless.

Wimbledon was never "boring" for me before Fed and Nadal and won't be after them either.

As for Nadal being king of great matches,that I agree with.He had plenty of exciting thrillers in his career.

slice bh compliment
06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
It's not boring but it's certainly not the same. I'm not a Nadal fan, but I gotta admit I'm missing him in this tournament.

Truth. I miss him too: his intensity, the fact that he is the world no. 1 and defending champion, too. But let's be honest -- he spends the first week rolling his opponents. That's not exactly riveting stuff.

So, this is not a boring tournament.

I'm sad about Rafa's injury. No big deal for this tournament, but long-term. I'm sad about Blake's performance.
I'm disappointed in Roger's new manpurse. Nike's found a way to make it even more feminine .... the gold looks perfect for a woman in Palm Springs. I wish he'd just give those to his mom and be done with it.

I'm happy Roger's playing well. Pretty pumped about Tsonga, Roddick and Murray. I think those three cats can really threaten Federer.

I love Murray's Fred Perry throwback look. I hope he and Gonzalez meet in their Quarterfinal. I think that's going 5.

I'm pumped that *****ovic gets a crack at Haas in their QF. That could obviously go either way.

I like the dubs, too, and the fact that dubs is pretty prominently featured at Wimbledon.

Not a boring Wimbledon for me at all.

Toxicmilk
06-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Honestly, I like watching the first few rounds first because after awhile...we see the same players playing each other. Yes they're great and very entertaining...But then it's like watching that same great movie over and over.

theduh
06-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Truth. I miss him too: his intensity, the fact that he is the world no. 1 and defending champion, too. But let's be honest -- he spends the first week rolling his opponents. That's not exactly riveting stuff.

So, this is not a boring tournament.

I'm sad about Rafa's injury. No big deal for this tournament, but long-term. I'm sad about Blake's performance.
I'm disappointed in Roger's new manpurse. Nike's found a way to make it even more feminine .... the gold looks perfect for a woman in Palm Springs. I wish he'd just give those to his mom and be done with it.

I'm happy Roger's playing well. Pretty pumped about Tsonga, Roddick and Murray. I think those three cats can really threaten Federer.

I love Murray's Fred Perry throwback look. I hope he and Gonzalez meet in their Quarterfinal. I think that's going 5.

I'm pumped that *****ovic gets a crack at Haas in their QF. That could obviously go either way.

I like the dubs, too, and the fact that dubs is pretty prominently featured at Wimbledon.

Not a boring Wimbledon for me at all.

LOL!!!

10chars

CCNM
06-23-2009, 12:44 PM
I miss Nadal, but it seems like they're focusing a bit on other players and matches. As nice as it is to have that Federer-Nadal-Federer-Nadal rhythm in a Slam, it's been good to see other players actually get some airtime.

AMEN!!!! *claps*:)

BullDogTennis
06-23-2009, 12:45 PM
its terribly NOT boring wihtout nadal...how can you miss his boring style of play? and his annoying butt bicks. i think its nice :)

tahiti
06-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Djoko's match was quite interesting and Kendrick hit some pretty good shots.... Sure there's some nice tennis....it's a nice meal ....

But it lacks flavour without Rafa's play. And without his personality, and Fed's purse and straight jacket it's positively bland :(

urban
06-23-2009, 12:49 PM
I have seen much of the Murray match today. I must say, it was disappoiting. Murray was nervous as hell and unsure and tentative. That baseline tennis is indeed a bit boring. There are so many openings on grass, which almost cry for net advances. But all Murray did, was waiting for the error. Luckily for him, Kendrick made them. I know, that some will crucify me. But a Boris Becker in somewhat of his old form would have cleaned Murray's clock today, soft grass or not.

DRII
06-23-2009, 12:51 PM

Murray hits the ugliest ball ever for a top player. Effective but ugly!

Rhino
06-23-2009, 12:56 PM
it's only boring if you don't really like tennis. Nadal would just be straight-setting some nobody at this stage anyway, so the good matches are on the outer courts like the Pablo Cuevas match and the Victor Hanescu match. having said that, the Murray match was fun today.

T. H. Park
06-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Definitely less exciting without Nadal. However, does not make it less meaningful. The show (must) go(es) on.

Aabye
06-23-2009, 01:14 PM
No tennis fan will say that Wimbledon(the most prestigious slam)is "boring" with or without either Fed and Nadal,period.The only ones who are whining about it are Nadal fanboys who apparently think that tourney without Nadal in it is worthless.

Wimbledon was never "boring" for me before Fed and Nadal and won't be after them either.

As for Nadal being king of great matches,that I agree with.He had plenty of exciting thrillers in his career.

I did not say that the tournament is boring without him, I said the final will probably be boring without him. As was this year's (and to an extent last year's) RG final.

Aabye
06-23-2009, 01:16 PM
it's only boring if you don't really like tennis. Nadal would just be straight-setting some nobody at this stage anyway, so the good matches are on the outer courts like the Pablo Cuevas match and the Victor Hanescu match. having said that, the Murray match was fun today.

Not necessarily. Rafa has had some pretty tight matches at Wimby even in the earlier rounds. But I agree it is nice to have some attention paid to players outside of the top ten.

Aabye
06-23-2009, 01:19 PM
And others are just a bunch of wannabes trying to play tennis. Please give me a break!

What does this have to do with any other player? Did I mention anyone else? No. So don't act like I did.

LetFirstServe
06-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Admit It: Wimbledon is boring without Nadal

Dont think so, heck even the unseeded players have been entertaining me.

theduh
06-23-2009, 01:21 PM
What does this have to do with any other player? Did I mention anyone else? No. So don't act like I did.

From what I quoted you're insinuating that Nadal is the ONLY king of great matches hence the reaction.

galactico
06-23-2009, 01:35 PM
wimbledon will be good this year without nadal, not being harsh or anything he would have probably got a **** draw at wimbledon too

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I agree. Wimbledon hasn't been the same without Nadal. Murray and Djokovic are alright to watch but nothing compared to Nadal.

icedevil0289
06-23-2009, 01:50 PM
I agree. Wimbledon hasn't been the same without Nadal. Murray and Djokovic are alright to watch but nothing compared to Nadal.

N_F, are you going to stop watching tennis once Nadal retires? I know that won't be for a long time, but just curious.

NamRanger
06-23-2009, 01:51 PM
N_F, are you going to stop watching tennis once Nadal retires? I know that won't be for a long time, but just curious.

No, he will just change into Cilic_Freak or something to that degree.

T1000
06-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Wimbledon is worse with *******s making stupid threads like this to ruin it for everyone else.

theduh
06-23-2009, 01:52 PM

Makes me wonder too.

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Truth is, when it comes to great matches, Nadal is king.

^ That statement has no relationship to the truth.

Aabye
06-23-2009, 02:36 PM
From what I quoted you're insinuating that Nadal is the ONLY king of great matches hence the reaction.

I said he was THE king of great matches! As in the one who gives the best the most often. An honest opinion which I stand by. That is not to say anything about anyone else. There are plenty of other players who occasionally, or even often, give fans great matches.

Aabye
06-23-2009, 02:36 PM
^ That statement has no relationship to the truth.

You can't prove that any more than I can prove for certain that it is true. But I would like you to submit another name.

joeri888
06-23-2009, 02:40 PM
I said he was THE king of great matches! As in the one who gives the best the most often. An honest opinion which I stand by. That is not to say anything about anyone else. There are plenty of other players who occasionally, or even often, give fans great matches.
What do you mean by great matches.. How do you define that? Is it the most exciting, matchpoint saving matches? The long grueling rally matches with no free points of serve? Or the ones that have the highest entertainment level and the greatest shotmaking?

In the first two options, I won't say it's not true, although I think there are a lot of other players who've played many epics, but maybe Nadal makes for the most epics indeed, even in 3setters. If you mean the last one, and that's how I usually like matches to be as well as exciting 5 setters, I strongly disagree. Sure his match in Madrid with Novak was high quality as well as a lot of tension, but I just think a match like AO 05 Safin-Federer is so much better to watch than the looping balls Nadal plays. That's just my opinion though.

joeri888
06-23-2009, 02:41 PM

+1. Feliciano Lopez was exciting too, as well as the final set of Llodra-Goodall.

Aabye
06-23-2009, 03:07 PM
What do you mean by great matches.. How do you define that? Is it the most exciting, matchpoint saving matches? The long grueling rally matches with no free points of serve? Or the ones that have the highest entertainment level and the greatest shotmaking?

In the first two options, I won't say it's not true, although I think there are a lot of other players who've played many epics, but maybe Nadal makes for the most epics indeed, even in 3setters. If you mean the last one, and that's how I usually like matches to be as well as exciting 5 setters, I strongly disagree. Sure his match in Madrid with Novak was high quality as well as a lot of tension, but I just think a match like AO 05 Safin-Federer is so much better to watch than the looping balls Nadal plays. That's just my opinion though.

Right, you totally sat through last year's Wimbledon and said, "Geez, I'd rather watch paint dry!"

And whether or not you enjoyed it, many others felt that Nadal vs. Verdasco was one of the best matches played so far this year.

Personally, Safin-Federer AO '05 is one of my favorite matches ever (probably, that is at least in part because I'm a huge fan of the Raging Russian), but that was one match.

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-23-2009, 03:17 PM
You can't prove that any more than I can prove for certain that it is true. But I would like you to submit another name.

You made the hard claim, so the burden of proof is yours, Aabye.

Guru
06-23-2009, 03:22 PM
I like Nadal but Wimbledon is still great without him
I enjoyed watching Safin and Murray today
Ivanovic had an exciting match as well.

One player doesn't make a Slam
sure it would of been better with him there
but its still intresting with Roddick, Murray, Federer and Djokovic in the mix.

joeri888
06-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Right, you totally sat through last year's Wimbledon and said, "Geez, I'd rather watch paint dry!"

And whether or not you enjoyed it, many others felt that Nadal vs. Verdasco was one of the best matches played so far this year.

Personally, Safin-Federer AO '05 is one of my favorite matches ever (probably, that is at least in part because I'm a huge fan of the Raging Russian), but that was one match.
Didn't I just say I for the most part agree with you? I just don't like the way Rafa hits his shots, but he makes matches often very tense and exciting. As I usually root for the other guy, I usually end up disappointed in which case I won't remember a match as a nice match to look back at. I in fact hate no match more than the 2008 wimbledon final, although it was also one of the best matches I've ever seen. More because of the excitement, the tension, the longetivity and the way Federer plays. But like I said, for the most part I totally agree with you, but not really on the WAY he plays making matches great.

kanamit
06-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I would admit it if it were true. It's just, well, for lack of a better way to put this, not true. At least not for me. I'm sure Nadal's fans are pretty bored, especially since many of them seem to watch tennis only to watch Nadal.

Aabye
06-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Didn't I just say I for the most part agree with you? I just don't like the way Rafa hits his shots, but he makes matches often very tense and exciting. As I usually root for the other guy, I usually end up disappointed in which case I won't remember a match as a nice match to look back at. I in fact hate no match more than the 2008 wimbledon final, although it was also one of the best matches I've ever seen. More because of the excitement, the tension, the longetivity and the way Federer plays. But like I said, for the most part I totally agree with you, but not really on the WAY he plays making matches great.

Oh, sorry. I never think a person has to like the WAY a person plays. For whatever reasons I do not get the chills that others get when Federer plays, but I still think he is the GOAT.

What I was saying is that Nadal has been a part of some of the best matches of the one or two "generations" (depending on how you call it) post-Sampras. Moreso, than pretty much any other player in the top 25.

IvanAndreevich
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Definitely less exciting IMO. But also much more open. I somehow think DP could make his first GS final here.

bruce38
06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Of course Wimbledon would be better with Nadal playing. No brainer.

Rhino
06-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Nadal was really only a big part of Wimbledon in 06/07/08. There were like over 100 other Wimbledons with no Nadal before that, were they all boring? Or are people here just extremely young?

tacou
06-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Wimby is still my favorite tournament but there is a noticeable absence for sure..

P_Agony
06-23-2009, 04:10 PM
I think Nadal not playing Wimbeldon is a huge loss for tennis. True, he's not my favorite and I wouldn't really care personally if he's there or not, but you can't ignore the guy's contribution to the event and tennis in general.

It's just odd that the world #1 is not playing event #1.

Aabye
06-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Nadal was really only a big part of Wimbledon in 06/07/08. There were like over 100 other Wimbledons with no Nadal before that, were they all boring? Or are people here just extremely young?

Don't be silly. Every "generation" of tennis players has their top guys, and Nadal is one of them for the one in question.

When Sampras was out of a Slam during the 90's it definitely gave tournament a different feel. But there were a lot of other Slam winners who posed a threat.

The difference here though is that given the dominance of the top two players we only really have two players who's absence is extremely noticeable.

Sentinel
06-23-2009, 09:36 PM

dear N_F. try watching a new guy called Soderling. You'll really love him, i assure you ;-)

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 09:38 PM
dear N_F. try watching a new guy called Soderling. You'll really love him, i assure you ;-)
I love to see him lose. But the way he bows down to Fed makes me sick as well.

Fedace
06-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Agree, Wimbledon is boring to watch, most boring of all Slams. Nadal made it interesting with his Charisma and Will to Win but with him gone, we have to watch this Sampras like boring emotionless, sour puss, Federer....

BreakPoint
06-23-2009, 09:48 PM
What about Federer? :)

BreakPoint
06-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Agree, Wimbledon is boring to watch, most boring of all Slams. Nadal made it interesting with his Charisma and Will to Win but with him gone, we have to watch this Sampras like boring emotionless, sour puss, Federer....
So which is it? Is Federer "emotionless" or does he show his emotions by crying? :-?

BreakPoint
06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Of course Wimbledon would be better with Nadal playing. No brainer.
It's certainly much quieter without Nadal (at least on the men's side), thank God. :)

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't say he is emotionless. He always cries in the final. lol But I do agree with him being a boring style. Grass is by far his best surface so it looks like another slam for him. :(

FEDEXP
06-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Get real; the loss of any single player wouldn't make Wimbledon boring (though the down with grass fans would be bored in any case).

egn
06-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Huh..wimbledon is the same..not the same as the last three years but man did you ever watch tennis prior to nadal..wimbledon was at its best in 1996 right after Sampras lost it was almost as if tennis broke O_O crazy year right there. If both Fed and Murray got out and Roddick now that would be crazy.

Tennis_Bum
06-23-2009, 11:17 PM
It's certainly much quieter without Nadal (at least on the men's side), thank God. :)

Men grunting is totally unnecessary. Women too, but I don't care for women tennis so I don't have to deal with all the shrieking and grunting and glaring they do.

Tennis_Bum
06-23-2009, 11:22 PM

Your comment is hardly objective. You are entitled to not like Fed, or even hate him but his tennis is anything but boring. Now, saying Nadal has charisma is subjective to say the least. But to each his/her own. The guy that glares at this opponent at every chance he gets, pick his *** at every serving motion, pump fist at every point won, either by winner or by opponent making unforced errors is hardly one an objective person would characterizes as charismatic. Perhaps the word I would use would be highly or fiercely competitive, but charismatic for a sport person that does what Nadal does on court is anything but that.

Feņa14
06-23-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm enjoying alot more without him if i'm honest.

One of his great strengths is his ability to make opponents miss and turn their game to into an ugly mess. You have to hand it to him, but it's not the prettiest thing to watch.

Mkie7
06-23-2009, 11:23 PM

It feels a lil' empty yes. Boring I don't think so. It would have felt complete with Nadal bringing the heat ... I must admit that.

joeri888
06-23-2009, 11:24 PM
I love to see him lose. But the way he bows down to Fed makes me sick as well.

Thought you were happy he did?:)

How he bowed down to Rafa in Rome made me even sicker.

TheTruth
06-23-2009, 11:26 PM
It's boring to me, because the prospect of seeing an all out war on court seems to have visibly diminished.

Before Nadal came of age, one player was walking through the slams. What's exciting about that?

I hope the new guns bring some intensity and fight. In the past they haven't.

Cesc Fabregas
06-23-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm enjoying alot more without him if i'm honest.

One of his great strengths is his ability to make opponents miss and turn their game to into an ugly mess. You have to hand it to him, but it's not the prettiest thing to watch.

What did you call Andy Murray's performance today then? he was basically waiting for Kendrick to miss.

Feņa14
06-23-2009, 11:34 PM
What did you call Andy Murray's performance today then? he was basically waiting for Kendrick to miss.

Correct!....

Tennis_Bum
06-23-2009, 11:34 PM

Nadal plays the same game as Murray but a higher level. Murray is a pusher that likes to bark for attention at slams. And the bark is getting louder and louder with every slam now. Until he wins a slam, I don't care where, his all of his barking is not going to do a damn thing.

joeri888
06-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Nadal plays the same game as Murray but a higher level. Murray is a pusher that likes to bark for attention at slams. And the bark is getting louder and louder with every slam now. Until he wins a slam, I don't care where, his all of his barking is not going to do a damn thing.

I hate the guy's game, but give him a rest. He's not barking, the terrible british press including the BBC is.

Tennis_Bum
06-23-2009, 11:47 PM
I hate the guy's game, but give him a rest. He's not barking, the terrible british press including the BBC is.

No, besides the press, which he has no control, Murray also does his own barking starting this year at the AO because he did well in tune-up events and also beat Fed and Nadal at exhibition event. Murray is guilty for doing his share of barking besides the press. Yes, Murray barks and his barking is getting louder.

BreakPoint
06-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Before Nadal came of age, one player was walking through the slams. What's exciting about that?

Tennis has been played for hundreds of years before Nadal came of age. Or did you only "discover" tennis after Nadal came of age?

And speaking of "walking through the Slams", what do you call Nadal's runs through Roland Garros for 4 straight years? Nadal's loss in the 4th round this year was the most exciting thing to happen at RG in the past 5 years, because all of a sudden several other players had a good chance to win it.

Tennis_Bum
06-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Tennis has been played for hundreds of years before Nadal came of age. Or did you only "discover" tennis after Nadal came of age?

And speaking of "walking through the Slams", what do you call Nadal's runs through Roland Garros for 4 straight years? Nadal's loss in the 4th round this year was the most exciting thing to happen at RG in the past 5 years, because all of a sudden several other players had a good chance to win it.

They never look at it that way. They saw it as the most disastrous and unjust thing that ever happened in tennis. You will never get them to see things objectively.

Honestly, I really enjoyed watching Soderling beat the crap out of Nadal at the FO. I am sick of a pusher bringing errors to people's game and get away with it because clay favors pusher more. But Soderling's bashing of Nadal was treat to say the least.

tennis_hand
06-23-2009, 11:52 PM
it is true nadal left a hole in wimbledon.

but even if he is playing, i won't watch many of his matches.

cork_screw
06-23-2009, 11:55 PM
It's just the first round. But I was looking at the draws and noticed that all the players are a bit lackluster. No great names for great matchups. I would just sit on my hands until the quarters rolls around but even then I think we're all waiting for that Djokovic and Fed match up in the semis and eventually the Fed Murray match up. But Gael Monfils isn't playing and I didn't notice Gasquet's name either or nalbandian. The draws are pretty boring though. But still the first opening rounds are usually rolls overs until we get into some good matches unless some upsets start happening. BTW, Murray is a huge federer killer. I would not be surprised if he wins it.

joeri888
06-23-2009, 11:55 PM
It's boring to me, because the prospect of seeing an all out war on court seems to have visibly diminished.

I hope the new guns bring some intensity and fight. In the past they haven't.There's not just the centre court you know. There's been 6 or seven all out wars already this tournament. It's not only about who wins it in the end.

Besides, I bet you didn't find Rafa's 2008 Roland Garros campaign boring?

cork_screw
06-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Kendrick never had a chance. It was painful watching him hit all those unforced errors, most of them being long.

joeri888
06-23-2009, 11:58 PM
It's just the first round. But I was looking at the draws and noticed that all the players are a bit lackluster. No great names for great matchups. I would just sit on my hands until the quarters rolls around but even then I think we're all waiting for that Djokovic and Fed match up in the semis and eventually the Fed Murray match up. But Gael Monfils isn't playing and I didn't notice Gasquet's name either. The draws are pretty boring though. But still the first opening rounds are usually rolls overs until we get into some good matches unless some upsets start happening. BTW, Murray is a huge federer killer. I would not be surprised if he wins it.

Tipsarevic-Fish, good match
Cilic-Querrey, big serving, exciting close match I think
Del Potro-Hewitt, Hewitt always makes for entertainment, and del Potro is a great upcoming star.
Murray-Gulbis, could be big if Gulbis has a good start and can take the first set for instance. Could be a real fight.
Haas-Lldora, 2 guys who like to come to net, could be a great matchup imo.

It can't get much more boring than last year until the final tbh. I mean, Federer and Nadal just didn't have ANY opposition. They just owned everyone. I'm pretty positive that this years semis will be a lot more exciting than Federer-Safin and Nadal-Scheuttler.

cork_screw
06-24-2009, 12:03 AM
What happened to Tipsarevic? He used to be an up and comer and now you don't really hear his name mentioned. I feel sorry for hewitt, ever since he's stopped his chainsaw rip after winning points it seems like he's lost a lot of vigor. But my dark horse has always been Gulbis. That man hits like thunder. I think the murray gulbis matchup will be amazing! Possible upset if he doesn't hit his way into unforced errors. Also agree with you on last year. Was pretty boring until the finals. The djokoster is dangerous but the real fed killer out there is murray. He owns fed head to head by a lot! So does Giles Simon but what are the chances he's going to the finals? Slim to none.

Tipsarevic-Fish, good match
Cilic-Querrey, big serving, exciting close match I think
Del Potro-Hewitt, Hewitt always makes for entertainment, and del Potro is a great upcoming star.
Murray-Gulbis, could be big if Gulbis has a good start and can take the first set for instance. Could be a real fight.
Haas-Lldora, 2 guys who like to come to net, could be a great matchup imo.

It can't get much more boring than last year until the final tbh. I mean, Federer and Nadal just didn't have ANY opposition. They just owned everyone. I'm pretty positive that this years semis will be a lot more exciting than Federer-Safin and Nadal-Scheuttler.

shawn1122
06-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Looks like their bid to cancel wimbledon due to Nadal's withdrawal was ignored and now the *******s have decided to come here and complain.

Sentinel
06-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Looks like their bid to cancel wimbledon due to Nadal's withdrawal was ignored and now the *******s have decided to come here and complain.

haha, great one shawn.

it is true nadal left a hole in wimbledon.

but even if he is playing, i won't watch many of his matches.

Then pray tell me what is he scratching nowadays ? :twisted:

Leublu tennis
06-24-2009, 01:56 AM
No, it's not. The murray kendrick match was great.So was the Safin/Levine match. Lots of tension and fun to watch.

slice bh compliment
06-24-2009, 01:58 AM
Jesse 'the machine' Levine!

Yeah, Glengarry reference there.

malakas
06-24-2009, 01:59 AM
No it's not.Everyone who thinks so,I pity him,because he can't see past one player when there are so many good matches played.

P_Agony
06-24-2009, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't say he is emotionless. He always cries in the final. lol But I do agree with him being a boring style. Grass is by far his best surface so it looks like another slam for him. :(

I could have sworn just a week ago you said you loved Nadal-Federer matches because you like seeing two different great styles of baseline play.

NF, again you do not agree with yourself.

Leublu tennis
06-24-2009, 02:07 AM
I could have sworn just a week ago you said you loved Nadal-Federer matches because you like seeing two different great styles of baseline play.

NF, again you do not agree with yourself.When someone has more than one personality, there is a constant argument, right?

joeri888
06-24-2009, 02:09 AM

Maybe, (and I'm trying to save N_F's *** here) he means that Federer has a boring style in terms of the way he handles himself during a match, the way he fistpumps (or the lack of that) and the way he is very quiet, rather than his style.

I just don't see how ANYONE in the world can think Federer plays a boring style of tennis. It can be not your favourite style and that he wins too many free points on his serve, but in terms of his shotmaking, technique and allcourt play there can't be many more enjoyable players.

P_Agony
06-24-2009, 03:12 AM
Maybe, (and I'm trying to save N_F's *** here) he means that Federer has a boring style in terms of the way he handles himself during a match, the way he fistpumps (or the lack of that) and the way he is very quiet, rather than his style.

I just don't see how ANYONE in the world can think Federer plays a boring style of tennis. It can be not your favourite style and that he wins too many free points on his serve, but in terms of his shotmaking, technique and allcourt play there can't be many more enjoyable players.

NF has stated before he hates Fed's style of play, until a week or so ago. I'm quite used to the idea Nadal's Freak does not agree with himself.

In a thread Gamesampras opened some times ago about Fed's "weak" era, NF said Federer is still in his prime, it's just the competition that's improved. A week or so later, NF said Fed is past his prime, and is moving slower than he did in his prime.

Another example: long before the FO NF started a thread called "Del Potro is Nadal's biggest challenge at FO". About a week before the FO NF said DP has nothing on Nadal and will not even do well on clay, totally forgetting the thread he himself opened about DO being the biggest threat at RG.

When I addressed all of this to NF, he wrote his definte opinion, and it sounded like "oops, I'm busted".

Don't get me wrong, NF is a very ammusing poster when he wants to be. He is just having a very hard time keeping a solid opinion about something.

<3tennis!!!
06-24-2009, 03:22 AM
I certainly wouldve liked to see fed nadal final again(that is if nads made it to final). and yea ^^NF isnt exactly the most intelligent of posters out there!!

babbette
06-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Ok I do miss Rafa. There's this something missing but some matches are fun to watch. I really did want to see other players live like Federer, Spanish players and other random ones that I remember I like down the line, but I do not like camping and I only wanted to force myself to camp for Rafa.

So, I will watch some matches but not all....this year I don't particularly want to watch any of Roger's anymore even though I did want to see him live. It's not he himself I wouldn;t be able to bear at the moment but all the mighty press around him. :)

skip1969
06-24-2009, 07:25 AM
wimbledon isn't boring without nadal . . . more like talk tennis is boring without nadal at wimbledon. but you know what, i don't mind one bit.

rafan
06-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Ok I do miss Rafa. There's this something missing but some matches are fun to watch. I really did want to see other players live like Federer, Spanish players and other random ones that I remember I like down the line, but I do not like camping and I only wanted to force myself to camp for Rafa.

So, I will watch some matches but not all....this year I don't particularly want to watch any of Roger's anymore even though I did want to see him live. It's not he himself I wouldn;t be able to bear at the moment but all the mighty press around him. :)

I even miss the Rafa who started off a few years ago like he was on a hazardous trip only to turn up where? In the final of course! There is nobody like him Babette

Agassifan
06-24-2009, 08:04 AM
lulz. Nadal will be one among four guys to challenge federer. so yes.. it is a pity that he is not playing. But jeez..

Rhino
06-24-2009, 08:09 AM
wimbledon isn't boring without nadal . . . more like talk tennis is boring without nadal at wimbledon. but you know what, i don't mind one bit.

That is so true. Wimbledon is awesome.

The problem is that TW is now just full of fans of the celebrity of Federer/Nadal, but there are very few fans of tennis.

Just check the thread topics. You can make a thread about Fedal and it can be the most pointless non-topic ever, and everyone will chime in. Beyond the top five, nobody here really cares. try starting a thread about, say, Kohlschreiber or Robredo. And yet his comeback earlier today was a really great match.

ElSuegro
06-24-2009, 09:28 AM
A grand slam is usually not quite as interesting without the world #1, but this time id's a little different, since the world #2 is on the edge of breaking several records. Plus there are other interesting storylines - how far can Roddick go, can Murray become the first Brit in decades to win, can Djokovic add another slam to his resume, etc.

slice bh compliment
06-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Third day now, and I'm into this one, as always. I can't see how it'll top the 2009 Roland Garros or the 2008 Wimbledon, though....so the Op miiight just have a point. We'll see.

In the meantime,
Go Murray, Tsonga and Federer.

rommil
06-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Boring? No. Different? Yes. There are certainly other interesting factors brewing in this years W. Will Roger win another title? How Murray will do and will he be the next Brit to win the crown? How will Soderling ff up his showing at RG? Djokovic? Gulbis? Simon?The roof?
It's boring for people who watch tennis because of Nadal. There's plenty of TENNIS to go around, with or without him.

theduh
06-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Nadal > Tennis. I think this is why most of them says Wimbledon or any other tournament is boring without Nadal.

Gorecki
06-24-2009, 10:28 AM

you mean Burkina Faso and Kirgistan?

are you for real? no... Nadal is not missed.. ... just like i would not miss Fed either...

no player is greater than the game

Dez
06-24-2009, 10:33 AM
nadal hasn't really got a purpose anymore; his mission was to stop federer getting to 14GS and winning the FO and he failed greatly

I'm absolutely sure that's why Nadal started playing Tennis, to stop Roger...he woke up one morning and said..."Hmmm, Roger wins too many tournaments I think I'll start playing...."
Give me a break!

For starters, one of his clear objective is to win all four grand slam tournasments, the sooner the better...If he were to win it at 23years old, if I'm not mistaken, he'd be the youngest player to complete the GRAND SLAM!

Then there's to get 7 French Opens and surpass Borg and then to be the player with the most Grand Slam titles. Whether he achieves these or not is another issue but clearly stopping Federer getting 14 is not his Goal in Life!

rommil
06-24-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm absolutely sure that's why Nadal started playing Tennis, to stop Roger...he woke up one morning and said..."Hmmm, Roger wins too many tournaments I think I'll start playing...."
Give me a break!

For starters, one of his clear objective is to win all four grand slam tournasments, the sooner the better...If he were to win it at 23years old, if I'm not mistaken, he'd be the youngest player to complete the GRAND SLAM!

Then there's to get 7 French Opens and surpass Borg and then to be the player with the most Grand Slam titles. Whether he achieves these or not is another issue but clearly stopping Federer getting 14 is not his Goal in Life!

That being said, I think Nadal should don a skirt and play in the WTA where they only play best of 3 sets. He or she should be able to get more mileage with his or her knees over there.

rafan
06-24-2009, 10:37 AM
The thought of a final without Nadal is horrendous. Federer will beat anyone he has to play in three straight sets and I bet even he will be bored. They bring each other to life and the rest of us

Dez
06-24-2009, 10:39 AM

Give me a break!

IvanAndreevich
06-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Give me a break!

That's Career Slam.

rommil
06-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Give me a break!

Then Nadal should play in the WTA, you know best of 3 sets and easier on the knees. Serena will still get him at the US Open I'm afraid.

Mansewerz
06-24-2009, 10:51 AM
So was the Safin/Levine match. Lots of tension and fun to watch.

Marat got screwed! That return at 4-3 in the third set tiebreak caught the line!

Dez
06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Then Nadal should play in the WTA, you know best of 3 sets and easier on the knees. Serena will still get him at the US Open I'm afraid.

Yes, then Roger would have to CRY like in Australia!

seffina
06-24-2009, 10:56 AM
I miss him, but it's not boring. Still my favorite tourny of the year.

taffymoon
06-24-2009, 10:59 AM
I miss Rafa - and we may not get to see Roger cry again since Rafa isn;t there to crush him.

Dez
06-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Roger is a great player but Nadal has beaten him in 5 GS finals, so like him or not he's a great player...I assume you have to be to beat Roger that may times.
Nadal seems to be the only player who can beat Federer in the big Tournaments, so, Nadal not being there takes a bit out of the tournament. There will be plenty of good/excellent matches but in the end I would be a big surprise Federer doesn't win. It's a little like reading a Thriller and starting by the last chapter....

Nadal_Freak
06-24-2009, 03:13 PM

I'll clear it up. Nadal's style is interesting against anyone. Fed's style is boring against everyone except against Nadal. The 2 bring out some special matches against each other.

Cloudy
06-24-2009, 03:17 PM
I feel that the grass court season is sadly missing Nadal, Gasquet, Nalbandian and Ancic

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Roger is a great player but Nadal has beaten him in 5 GS finals, so like him or not he's a great player...I assume you have to be to beat Roger that may times.
Nadal seems to be the only player who can beat Federer in the big Tournaments, so, Nadal not being there takes a bit out of the tournament. There will be plenty of good/excellent matches but in the end I would be a big surprise Federer doesn't win. It's a little like reading a Thriller and starting by the last chapter....

Good point. Nadal's greatness has simply prevented Fed from having 17-18 slams and completely running away with the sport. But Fed is still the greatest. Just not SUPER DUPER GALACTIC GREAT...

Cross Court
06-24-2009, 03:18 PM
I love Nadal, I really hope he gets better so I can see him play again. I hope he heals his knee cancer.

zagor
06-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Boring? No. Different? Yes. There are certainly other interesting factors brewing in this years W. Will Roger win another title? How Murray will do and will he be the next Brit to win the crown? How will Soderling ff up his showing at RG? Djokovic? Gulbis? Simon?The roof?
It's boring for people who watch tennis because of Nadal. There's plenty of TENNIS to go around, with or without him.

Bingo,you nailed it.

Rhino
06-24-2009, 03:22 PM
look, I like watching Nadal as much as the next guy but I am loving this Wimbledon, there have been some great matches already.

Tomorrow I have a centre court ticket so I get to see Hewitt/DelPo, The two babes, and Murray/Gulbis. You don't need Federer/Nadal to have a good day of tennis, and that's only the 2nd round.

Feņa14
06-24-2009, 03:35 PM
look, I like watching Nadal as much as the next guy but I am loving this Wimbledon, there have been some great matches already.

Tomorrow I have a centre court ticket so I get to see Hewitt/DelPo, The two babes, and Murray/Gulbis. You don't need Federer/Nadal to have a good day of tennis, and that's only the 2nd round.

Lucky fella! I'm on Court One tomorrow.

I've got tickets for Friday and next Monday aswell though so I can't complain too much :)

BreakPoint
06-24-2009, 04:27 PM
I'll clear it up. Nadal's style is interesting against anyone. Fed's style is boring against everyone except against Nadal. The 2 bring out some special matches against each other.
I think you meant to say:

Federer's style is interesting against anyone. Nadal's style is boring against everyone except against Soderling. :)

10sdude85
06-24-2009, 10:55 PM
i enjoy watching nadal too, but this year wimbledon first round had record ticket sales and the stadiums were packed. its obvious that the people are there for the tennis and not nadal.

Sentinel
06-25-2009, 01:53 AM
Lucky fella! I'm on Court One tomorrow.

I've got tickets for Friday and next Monday aswell though so I can't complain too much :)

I almost fell of reading the first line. Fena PLAYING on court one. Who could he be in real life ?

Then i read the second line :-(

Yeah, the one thing i miss about Nadal not playing is the innumerable threads and posts by ONE POSTER :-D saying over and over that Nadal will unquestionably beat Fed in 3 sets. And the hilarious excuses that come after Nadal would have lost to Hewitt ;-) i mean whoever reaches the finals.

yellowoctopus
06-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Who is this 'Nadal' you guys are talking about? :)

theduh
06-25-2009, 08:37 AM
OMG! It's day 4 and we're still discussing this? Okay I admit it. Wimby or any other tournament is boring without Nadal.

Aabye
06-25-2009, 08:38 AM
I think you meant to say:

Federer's style is interesting against anyone. Nadal's style is boring against everyone except against Soderling. :)

Which is why Rafa has been part of several great matches, and Federer has been part of a whopping two.:)

tahiti
06-25-2009, 08:39 AM
i enjoy watching nadal too, but this year wimbledon first round had record ticket sales and the stadiums were packed. its obvious that the people are there for the tennis and not nadal.

could it be that the weather has been excellent so far....nothing but sun and blue skies ?

Wimbledon without Rafa- Wedding without the bride :)

BreakPoint
06-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Which is why Rafa has been part of several great matches, and Federer has been part of a whopping two.:)
Huh? Federer has played hundreds of matches in his career. He's been part of many, many, many more than just two great matches.

To name a few:

Federer-Agassi '05 US Open
Federer-Safin '05 Aus Open
Federer-Roddick '04 Wimbledon
Federer-Tipsarevic '08 Aus Open
Federer-Del Potro '09 French Open
Federer-Nalbandian '05 Masters Cup
Federer-Murray '08 Master's Cup
Federer-Safin '04 Master's Cup
Federer-Berdych '09 Aus Open
Federer-Andreev '08 US Open
Federer-Haas '09 French Open
Federer-Monfils '08 French Open
Federer-Baghdatis '06 Aus Open
Federer-Haas '06 Aus Open
Federer-Hewitt '03 Davis Cup
etc, etc.
..and that's just off of the top of my head. There are many more.

It's not Federer's fault that he's so much better than everyone else that he rarely gets pushed to a 4th or 5th set. Unlike Nadal.

NamRanger
06-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Huh? Federer has played hundreds of matches in his career. He's been part of many, many, many more than just two great matches.

To name a few:

Federer-Agassi '05 US Open
Federer-Safin '05 Aus Open
Federer-Roddick '04 Wimbledon
Federer-Tipsarevic '08 Aus Open
Federer-Del Potro '09 French Open
Federer-Nalbandian '05 Masters Cup
Federer-Murray '08 Master's Cup
Federer-Safin '04 Master's Cup
Federer-Berdych '09 Aus Open
Federer-Andreev '08 US Open
Federer-Haas '09 French Open
Federer-Monfils '08 French Open
Federer-Baghdatis '06 Aus Open
Federer-Haas '06 Aus Open
Federer-Hewitt '03 Davis Cup
etc, etc.
..and that's just off of the top of my head. There are many more.

It's not Federer's fault that he's so much better than everyone else that he rarely gets pushed to a 4th or 5th set. Unlike Nadal.

You forgot Federer Agassi US Open 04. This was pretty much Agassi's last chance of beating Federer IMO.

BreakPoint
06-25-2009, 09:19 AM
You forgot Federer Agassi US Open 04. This was pretty much Agassi's last chance of beating Federer IMO.

I thought of that one but because that match was played over two days (stopped because of rain) and then the next day the winds were blowing at like over 50mph on court, it was just a very strange match and not very good tennis due to the hurricane winds, so to me it was not great match tennis quality-wise even though it went 5 sets.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-25-2009, 09:36 AM
If you think any tournament is boring because one player is out, then you are NOT, I repeat, NOT a tennis fan. If you can't watch a match that is between 2 unknowns and they play their hearts out and rather prefer a superstar destroy a qualifier, then you shouldn't call yourself a hardcore fan.

tahiti
06-25-2009, 09:49 AM
If you think any tournament is boring because one player is out, then you are NOT, I repeat, NOT a tennis fan. If you can't watch a match that is between 2 unknowns and they play their hearts out and rather prefer a superstar destroy a qualifier, then you shouldn't call yourself a hardcore fan.

I disagree I'm afraid. I am a tennis fan and watched years of tennis without Nadal. Don't forget, Nadal is no. 1 at the moment and also the defending champion of Wimbledon 2009 :) naturally some shine has gone off the tournament.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
06-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I disagree I'm afraid. I am a tennis fan and watched years of tennis without Nadal. Don't forget, Nadal is no. 1 at the moment and also the defending champion of Wimbledon 2009 :) naturally some shine has gone off the tournament.

The problem I have with the OP is that he thinks that because one player, even if it was the former champ, is out then a tournament isn't worth watching. So what if Nadal isn't playing? Does that mean the tournament isn't worth watching or that it won't be relevant? No! It's Wimbledon, the greatest test of tennis greatness there is.

TennezSport
06-25-2009, 10:21 AM
I am a tennis fan more than any player fan and Wimbly will always be the Holy Grail of Tennis, so it's never boring. The Ops comment is also disrespectfull to all of the other very talented players contesting the tournament. I have to agree with SHOWSPTOPPER, "Wimbledon the greatest test of tennis greatness there is".

Rafa while entertaining is just another participant.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

tahiti
06-25-2009, 10:23 AM
The problem I have with the OP is that he thinks that because one player, even if it was the former champ, is out then a tournament isn't worth watching. So what if Nadal isn't playing? Does that mean the tournament isn't worth watching or that it won't be relevant? No! It's Wimbledon, the greatest test of tennis greatness there is.

Perhaps "feelings" are hard to put into the correct words sometimes?
Maybe we shouldn't take everything so seriously? :) But I see your point.
But I don't think Wimbie is the best tennis there is. Sure the green grass is great, but there are other tournaments with fantastic matches and draws too. Plus I find all grand slams of equal value.

hotseat
06-25-2009, 10:25 AM
its kinda nice knowing the playing field is level without anyone playing who blatantly takes roids

sboo
06-25-2009, 10:26 AM
I am a tennis fan more than any player fan and Wimbly will always be the Holy Grail of Tennis, so it's never boring. The Ops comment is also disrespectfull to all of the other very talented players contesting the tournament. I have to agree with SHOWSPTOPPER, "Wimbledon the greatest test of tennis greatness there is".

Rafa while entertaining is just another partipant.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

"church." 10chars

JoshDragon
06-25-2009, 10:42 AM

Lol. What are you going to say when Nadal comes back and beats Fed at the US Open this year?

BreakPoint
06-25-2009, 12:30 PM

I thought that match today between Cuevas and Levine was pretty compelling, a match between a qualifier and a lucky loser and two relative "unknowns". Was the match any less exciting because Nadal wasn't one of the players? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Even though hardly anyone has ever even heard of these two guys. Did you find it boring just because Nadal wasn't playing in the match?

ESP#1
06-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Wouldn't say its boring but after a final like we witness last year it has to be said it is missing some excitment, after all Nadal is the defending champion who dethrowned the greatest player of all time in the greatest match of all time. How can you pretend that his absense in no big deal?

That being said, it is still Wimbledon, there will be great matches played and we will be entertained regardless if Nadal is there or not

rafan
06-25-2009, 12:56 PM
could it be that the weather has been excellent so far....nothing but sun and blue skies ?

Wimbledon without Rafa- Wedding without the bride :)

Wimbledon is always packed - try and get a ticket other than via the draw. Unless you are very rich

BreakPoint
06-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Wouldn't say its boring but after a final like we witness last year it has to be said it is missing some excitment, after all Nadal is the defending champion who dethrowned the greatest player of all time in the greatest match of all time. How can you pretend that his absense in no big deal?

That being said, it is still Wimbledon, there will be great matches played and we will be entertained regardless if Nadal is there or not

How do you know there won't be another exciting final this year as well? There weren't too many exciting matches before the final last year, either.

Nadal_Freak
06-25-2009, 01:00 PM
its kinda nice knowing the playing field is level without anyone playing who blatantly takes roids
Yes it is. No one has been taking roids either.

rafan
06-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes it is. No one has been taking roids either.

Isn't this a ridiculous assumption? What should be the main worry is the amount of antiinflamatory drugs that so many players have to take to alleviate the pain caused by injuries and the effect on their bodies of masking the source of the problem.

tahiti
06-25-2009, 01:13 PM
What is nice with Rafa not at Wimbie is to watch posters criticise any other player available :) at any chance they get.

Eviscerator
06-25-2009, 01:18 PM

W was not boring before Nadal came on the scene, nor will it be boring after his career is over. I give the guy all the credit for adapting his game to grass and his exuberance, but he nor anyone else is bigger than the tournament itself. Would I prefer if he were playing? Absolutely. However I will still enjoy W with or without him.

GameSampras
06-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Its VERY BORING with Nadal since he is the only legit grass courter out there at least a consistent one outside of Fed. Same goes for clay

NamRanger
06-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Its VERY BORING with Nadal since he is the only legit English Green Clay courter out there at least a consistent one outside of Fed. Same goes for clay

Fixed it for you.

Morrissey
06-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Well hey, for me it certainly is. Despite what the haters say, they won't ever admit that they enjoyed watching his matches if not to simply wish him to lose. I admit a tournament w/o the Williams Sisters in it is not the same either. But I have to say that I haven't been following the event as closely in what seems like ages.

Morrissey
06-25-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm a fool.

fixed it for you.

CCNM
06-25-2009, 04:11 PM
W was not boring before Nadal came on the scene, nor will it be boring after his career is over. I give the guy all the credit for adapting his game to grass and his exuberance, but he nor anyone else is bigger than the tournament itself. Would I prefer if he were playing? Absolutely. However I will still enjoy W with or without him.
AMEN!!!! (claps)

NamRanger
06-25-2009, 04:12 PM
fixed it for you.

Going to call countless of professional tennis players fools too?

Morrissey
06-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Going to call countless of professional tennis players fools too?

You're a tennis professional? My apologies then.

NamRanger
06-25-2009, 04:20 PM
You're a tennis professional? My apologies then.

Oh, I guess John McEnroe, Tim Henman, Jonas Bjorkman, Andy Roddick, Marat Safin, etc. are all fools according to you.

Don't play possum. You know what I'm talking about.

Rhino
06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I think a lot of people here are fans of Nadal in the way that girls are fans of the Backstreet Boys.
it's nothing to do with tennis, you just fawn over his celebrity and idolize him, because for you, that is what tournaments are all about.

Fedace
06-25-2009, 04:25 PM
I hope the Boring Roger lets Andy M win if they meet in the finals. Tell Roger, he has 14 slams already and Andy has none and entire country depend on Andy. Where as Roger only plays for himself and cares nothing for his.

FedFan_2009
06-25-2009, 04:27 PM
I hope the Boring Roger lets Andy M win if they meet in the finals. Tell Roger, he has 14 slams already and Andy has none and entire country depend on Andy. Where as Roger only plays for himself and cares nothing for his.

:shock::shock: Yeah I'm sure Roger will do this out of the kindness of his devil heart. :twisted:

illuminati
06-25-2009, 06:27 PM
without nadal, tennis is not a competitive sport. its a brutal dictatorship in tennis by one man similar to germany in the 1930's. once nadal withdrew, i think they should have cancelled wimbledon.

drakulie
06-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Not having the defending champion, and current number 1 player at Wimby is definitely a bummer for tennis.

Hope he clean himself up.

FedFan_2009
06-25-2009, 06:31 PM
without nadal, tennis is not a competitive sport. its a brutal dictatorship in tennis by one man similar to germany in the 1930's. once nadal withdrew, i think they should have cancelled wimbledon.

Excuse me while I:

http://pabuk.com/uploads/muhahaha.jpg

FedFan_2009
06-25-2009, 06:33 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/rubioriqueno/epic-fail.jpg

Guru
06-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Clearly the thread maker is a Nadal fan and not a Tennis fan
Nadal's my favorite male player too but i'm still enjoying Wimbledon.

One player doesn't make a slam. We still have lots of good players left
Federer, Murray, Djokovic, Roddick, Hewitt and the list goes on.

ESP#1
06-25-2009, 06:36 PM
How do you know there won't be another exciting final this year as well? There weren't too many exciting matches before the final last year, either.

Never said that there wouldnt, im just saying it wouldve been nice to have the winner of the one we had last year, thats all

Nadal_Freak
06-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Not having the defending champion, and current number 1 player at Wimby is definitely a bummer for tennis.

Hope he clean himself up.
You are trolling once again. This is the worst you've ever trolled. Is your job doing ok?

BreakPoint
06-25-2009, 06:41 PM

By that logic, the French Open should have been canceled for the past 5 years. But look what happened this year.

Mansewerz
06-25-2009, 06:43 PM
You are trolling once again. This is the worst you've ever trolled. Is your job doing ok?

How is it trolling?

Yes, the guy who always tries to win the Olympics (a competition for his country), who cries when he loses the olympics, who will play doubles when he is out of the singles and even when he is in the singles of the olympics, and who does everything in his power to win Basel, his home tournament (tears come if he loses), doesn't care about his country. :rolleyes:

Nadal_Freak
06-25-2009, 06:44 PM
How is it trolling?

Falsely accusing Nadal of taking steroids is trolling.

quest01
06-25-2009, 06:46 PM
I agree that the atmosphere is not the same without Nadal but Wimbledon isn't boring, id put it tied for 2nd with the rest of the grand slams and the US Open being the best. The Wimbledon final last year was probably the best match I ever saw and wimbledon is a lot better now then it was back in the 90's and earlier where you saw more serve and volley tennis, thats boring.

Mansewerz
06-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Falsely accusing Nadal of taking steroids is trolling.

1. How do you know it was false?

2. "Clean yourself up" could mean get yourself back into shape and get ready. Ever heard a mother tell her bum son to clean himself up?

Nadal_Freak
06-25-2009, 06:48 PM

2. "Clean yourself up" could mean get yourself back into shape and get ready. Ever heard a mother tell her bum son to clean himself up?
Every post of his lately has been talking about Nadal taking steroids. And it is false unless proven otherwise. Nadal is tested all the time. Always comes clean.

drakulie
06-25-2009, 06:49 PM

^^^Exactly. NF is losing it.

drakulie
06-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Every post of his lately has been talking about Nadal taking steroids.

when I have posted about Nadal and roids, I have paraphrased what I read. I don't know if he is or isn't, and guess what?????

Neither do you.

If you do know for a fact that Nadal has never taken roids, please provide the proof, or be quiet. You are specualting just as much as me, so with your own logic, that makes you a troll too.

Nadal_Freak
06-25-2009, 06:54 PM
when I have posted about Nadal and roids, I have paraphrased what I read. I don't know if he is or isn't, and guess what?????

Neither do you.

If you do know for a fact that Nadal has never taken roids, please provide the proof, or be quiet. You are specualting just as much as me, so with your own logic, that makes you a troll too.
The proof is they random test him all the time. He would've been caught a long time ago if he dared to try such a stunt. He would not jeopardize his career to get stronger.

drakulie
06-25-2009, 07:01 PM
The proof is they random test him all the time. He would've been caught a long time ago if he dared to try such a stunt. He would not jeopardize his career to get stronger.

Please provide me the following:

1. Dates of every test he has taken.
2. Location.
3. Name of agency that administered the test.
4. Name of the test kit used to take the sample.
5. Lab where the test kit was taken.
6. Name of substances found in each of his tests.
7. Results of every test.
8. What substances the testing facility was screening for of each test taken.

8. Date of every test he was scheduled to complete and failed to do so. Reason and excuse of why he was unable to do so, and name of personell who signed off on the documentation giving him a "pass".

Thanks in advance.

Nadal_Freak
06-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Please provide me the following:

1. Dates of every test he has taken.
2. Location.
3. Name of agency that administered the test.
4. Name of the test kit used to take the sample.
5. Lab where the test kit was taken.
6. Name of substances found in each of his tests.
7. Results of every test.
8. What substances the testing facility was screening for of each test taken.

8. Date of every test he was scheduled to complete and failed to do so. Reason and excuse of why he was unable to do so, and name of personell who signed off on the documentation giving him a "pass".

Thanks in advance.
No one has that kind of info unless you work there but I was taught in your life that you are innocent until proven guilty. Thus Nadal is innocent until then.

drakulie
06-25-2009, 07:08 PM
No one has that kind of info unless you work there but I was taught in your life that you are innocent until proven guilty. Thus Nadal is innocent until then.

In other words, you are specualting that he has never taken roids. Thanks.

illuminati
06-25-2009, 07:09 PM
if there is one guy that takes drugs, its federer, he somehow has huge power from his skinny body(i dont buy the its timing excuse) and never seems to get injured.

nadal doesnt take drugs, he is injured alot and burns out in the latter stages of the year and his left arm is huge and right arm is small, no drug does that.
nadal is a naturally gifted physical freak, in fact the nadal generations are thought to be naturally physically stronger, as their history goes way back many hundred years and researchers have found that family line has special gentics that make them naturally stronger, just like how african americans are naturally stronger and have more muscle than anyone else. its the same with the nadal generations from spain.

Lsmkenpo
06-25-2009, 07:11 PM
If either Nadal or Federer for that matter tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, I am not so certain the ATP would handle it the same way
they would with other players, it would destroy the image and integrity of the game.

I could see a scenario where the matter is handled privately, forcing the player to sit out a slam, with a bogus injury.

drakulie
06-25-2009, 07:12 PM
if there is one guy that takes drugs, its federer, he somehow has huge power from his skinny body(i dont buy the its timing excuse) and never seems to get injured.

nadal doesnt take drugs, he is injured alot and burns out in the latter stages of the year and his left arm is huge and right arm is small, no drug does that.
nadal is a naturally gifted physical freak, in fact the nadal generations are thought to be naturally physically stronger, as their history goes way back many hundred years and researchers have found that family line has special gentics that make them naturally stronger, just like how african americans are naturally stronger and have more muscle than anyone else. its the same with the nadal generations from spain.

Soooooo, what you are really saying is Nadal is an African American. Thanks.

Fedace
06-25-2009, 07:12 PM
How is it trolling?

Yes, the guy who always tries to win the Olympics (a competition for his country), who cries when he loses the olympics, who will play doubles when he is out of the singles and even when he is in the singles of the olympics, and who does everything in his power to win Basel, his home tournament (tears come if he loses), doesn't care about his country. :rolleyes:

Roger trying to win the Gold medal is for his OWN self Glory not of his country. and Roger never committed to full season of Davis cup, he only plays if it is convenient for his schedule or if he needs more practice for the slams. Once again seeking self glory.

illuminati
06-25-2009, 07:14 PM
In other words, you are specualting that he has never taken roids. Thanks.

heck, u being from america shouldnt be talking about drugs in sport, 95% of all american sportsmen are on drugs, as the seasons are long and the technology in drugs in america are advanced for the olympics to catch them. just look at the list. look at lance armstrong, serena williams(clearly on drugs), sprinters, swimmers, baseball, basketball, etc.
its a drug orgy in the states. its almost compulsory to take drugs in american sports in order to reach the top.

drakulie
06-25-2009, 07:22 PM
heck, u being from america shouldnt be talking about drugs in sport,

wasn't aware that taking steroids or other drugs were only limited to America.

95% of all american sportsmen are on drugs,

sooooo, you are speculaitng>>>> just like me.

Tennis_Bum
06-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Never said that there wouldnt, im just saying it wouldve been nice to have the winner of the one we had last year, thats all

Nadal should show up for the tournament if he wants to win the damn thing so much. He should not avoid it because he either thinks he's not 100% or he can't win. Not all 128 players think they can win it, but they are there competing anyway because they want to be part of the biggest tennis tournament in the world. Nadal may not be 100% but he was at Wimbledon practicing and played two exhibition matches. That meant we could play Wimbledon at least. If he really wanted to prevent further injuries as someone might suggest, then he should not show up for Wimbledon altogether and should not played exhibition matches.

BreakPoint
06-25-2009, 07:26 PM

Have you ever seen Nadal pee into a cup in person? If not, then in fact, you don't know if he's been tested or if it was really his urine that was tested.

BreakPoint
06-25-2009, 07:29 PM

Sounds like either you don't play tennis or are not very good at it.

BreakPoint
06-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Soooooo, what you are really saying is Nadal is an African American. Thanks.

So I guess Nadal_Freak's claims have been accurate all along.

Tennis_Bum
06-25-2009, 07:38 PM
So I guess Nadal_Freak's claims have been accurate all along.

Nada_Freak is an idiot who actually will say or write anything to defend his beloved Nadal. Besides being an idiot, he actually is a very loyal fan. Nevertheless, an idiot.

Mansewerz
06-25-2009, 07:38 PM

I know people bigger and stronger than me that don't hit as heavy as me (I don't hit a heavy ball, i'm just speaking relatively).

Roger trying to win the Gold medal is for his OWN self Glory not of his country. and Roger never committed to full season of Davis cup, he only plays if it is convenient for his schedule or if he needs more practice for the slams. Once again seeking self glory.

You're an idiot. It's not use arguing with you.

T1000
06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Wimbledon just got better after today's first match :) :) :) :)

NamRanger
06-25-2009, 08:49 PM

To question someone's employment is quite ironic coming from you, considering you are 26, still bumming off your parents, and was unable to hold a job at a grocery store for longer than a year. I do realize that you admitted all of this, but it is not nice to question someone's employment at all in an age where no one really knows if they are going to retain their job.

Nonetheless, until you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that Nadal is not on steroids or any other illegal substance, we must maintain in limbo. Same with Federer, Djokovic, Roddick, and every other player out there. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were all on HGH or EPO to be quite honest.

Nadal_Freak
06-25-2009, 08:51 PM
To question someone's employment is quite ironic coming from you, considering you are 26, still bumming off your parents, and was unable to hold a job at a grocery store for longer than a year. I do realize that you admitted all of this, but it is not nice to question someone's employment at all in an age where no one really knows if they are going to retain their job.

Nonetheless, until you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that Nadal is not on steroids or any other illegal substance, we must maintain in limbo. Same with Federer, Djokovic, Roddick, and every other player out there. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were all on HGH or EPO to be quite honest.
My parents moved to Harker Heights, Texas so I had to move with them. Also it is miserably hot down here so working at a grocery now would be torture.

TennisNinja
06-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Uhhhh no? There's still been tons of great matches I've seen.

Nadal_Freak
06-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Have you ever seen Nadal pee into a cup in person? If not, then in fact, you don't know if he's been tested or if it was really his urine that was tested.
He mentioned that they wait for him to pee and watch him in his blog before. So I guess you think he is a liar as well. What a surprise.

BreakPoint
06-25-2009, 09:58 PM
He mentioned that they wait for him to pee and watch him in his blog before. So I guess you think he is a liar as well. What a surprise.

Yes, but have YOU ever personally seen him whip it out and pee into a cup? No? Then how would YOU know how, when, where, how often, and if it was done or what he actually turned in?

BreakPoint
06-25-2009, 10:00 PM
My parents moved to Harker Heights, Texas so I had to move with them. Also it is miserably hot down here so working at a grocery now would be torture.

Why do you have to move with your parents??? And don't the grocery stores have air conditioning?

<3tennis!!!
06-25-2009, 11:50 PM
My parents moved to Harker Heights, Texas so I had to move with them. Also it is miserably hot down here so working at a grocery now would be torture.what a sad, sad life:(

FedFan_2009
06-25-2009, 11:51 PM

Well I guess you need some joy in your life... :(:(:(

crash1929
06-25-2009, 11:53 PM
op: hog wash. there is a great anticiaption in the air. murray fed and fed at 15 now is it?

orangettecoleman
06-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Well, if you can't enjoy tennis without Nadal, then you are a Nadal fan, not a tennis fan.

ESP#1
06-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Great Wimbly so far I have to admit!

malakas
06-27-2009, 12:50 PM
so far wimbledon has been better without Nadal.

BreakPoint
06-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Well, if you can't enjoy tennis without Nadal, then you are a Nadal fan, not a tennis fan.
Well said.

Nadal_Freak
06-27-2009, 12:55 PM
If Nadal was playing, this would be the best Wimbledon I've ever seen. Nadal, Murray, Djokovic, and Federer playing well would be quite a semi and final.

ESP#1
06-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Its been great because its always great, but this year there have been some exciting matches and great comeback stories, not to mention a brit with a chance to win, has nothing to do with nadal being gone.(except for andy's chances of winning)

FedFan_2009
06-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Hope JCF beats Simon. I've had enough of mug-pushers doing well in slams.

Cesc Fabregas
06-27-2009, 12:59 PM

How do you work that out? With Nadal in the draw there is more condenders for the title and Nadal is the most exciting and best player to watch in tennis.

icedevil0289
06-27-2009, 01:01 PM
How do you work that out? With Nadal in the draw there is more condenders for the title and Nadal is the most exciting and best player to watch in tennis.

well that's your opinion. There are many who find him boring to watch, including me. Actually a lot of the great matches that I enjoyed have not included the top players. I like that.

rommil
06-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Its been great because its always great, but this year there have been some exciting matches and great comeback stories, not to mention a brit with a chance to win, has nothing to do with nadal being gone.(except for andy's chances of winning)

Exactly. Like I said the tennis world moves on with or without Rafa. There are a lot of healthy players out there deserving of their places and there's a lot of potential drama unfolding while we go forward with the tournament.

Cesc Fabregas
06-27-2009, 01:03 PM
well that's your opinion. There are many who find him boring to watch, including me. Actually a lot of the great matches that I enjoyed have not included the top players. I like that.

If Nadal is boring to watch then so is Federer/Murray etc.

malakas
06-27-2009, 01:04 PM

I didn't say it was better because of Nadal's absence.But Nadal is absent and Wimbledon is better so far than when he was in it.
and that's your personal opinion as this is mine.

malakas
06-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Hope JCF beats Simon. I've had enough of mug-pushers doing well in slams.

Not gonna happen.Simon showed some crazy crazy form today.

BreakPoint
06-27-2009, 01:07 PM
If Nadal is boring to watch then so is Federer/Murray etc.
Both Federer and Murray are MUCH more exciting to watch than Nadal.

Watching Nadal is like watching a chronically constipated person trying to take a massive bowel movement onto the middle of the court. It's painful to watch.

malakas
06-27-2009, 01:08 PM
If you watched Murray's match tonight,you would never claim this.

BreakPoint
06-27-2009, 01:10 PM
If you watched Murray's match tonight,you would never claim this.
I did watch it. It was boring because his opponent folded early and had no clue how to play against Murray. But it was still less painful than watching Nadal. At least Murray doesn't grunt loudly like he's trying to get a big one out when he hits every shot. :shock:

ESP#1
06-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Not gonna happen.Simon showed some crazy crazy form today.

Gonzo showed some crazy form today also, where is he at? Not saying JCF is going to win but considering the way he is playing anything is possible

Watching Nadal is like watching a chronically constipated person trying to take a massive bowel movement onto the middle of the court. It's painful to watch.

Disagree murray is way more boring, especially the way he pouts like a child around the court

malakas
06-27-2009, 01:12 PM
I did watch it. It was boring because his opponent folded early and had no clue how to play against Murray. But it was still less painful than watching Nadal. At least Murray doesn't grunt loudly like he's trying to get a big one out when he hits every shot. :shock:

I respectfully disagree.At least Nadal hits some winners here and there.

malakas
Gonzo showed some crazy form today also, where is he at? Not saying JCF is going to win but considering the way he is playing anything is possible

We will see about that.:)

Cesc Fabregas

Nadal is the master of point construction watching him construct points is a beautiful site adding to his great determination, mental strength and incredible defence makes him pound for pound the most exciting player in tennis.

icedevil0289
06-27-2009, 01:20 PM
I respectfully disagree.At least Nadal hits some winners here and there.

Both murray and nadal are boring imo, murray more so than nadal. I definitely enjoy watching fed/nole much more.

ESP#1
06-27-2009, 01:21 PM
We will see about that.:)

I have always felt that JCF had the skills for grass, then again so does Simon, it should be a good match, i think JCF is going to come in to the match with alot of confidence, should be a good one.:)

ESP#1
06-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Nadal has been in so many classic matches, its hard to say he is boring,

Wimbly final 07
Wimbly final 08
Ausie final 09
Ausie semi 09
Rome final 06?
Hamburg semi 08
Madrid semi 09
Davis cup final 04

and thats just off the top of my head

slice bh compliment
06-27-2009, 01:28 PM
This poor thread. The title is getting disproven ... geocentric-style. We might have to invite some brothers of the Flat Earth Society up in here.

JCF, the Stepper, Haas....Levine....that little girl from Georgia who looks like she's 12. Fun 1st week.

joeri888
06-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Nadal has been in so many classic matches, its hard to say he is boring,

Wimbly final 07
Wimbly final 08
Ausie final 09
Ausie semi 09
Rome final 06?
Hamburg semi 08
Madrid semi 09
Davis cup final 04

and thats just off the top of my head

Yeah all semis and finals.. On grass he'd be boring like Federer and Murray.. I've seen more good matches this year than in all tournament last year. Not Nadal's fault but it's far from boring without him

skip1969
i'm having a great wimbledon.

icedevil0289
why is it just a big deal if people find Nadal boring. I just don't enjoy his style of play like I don't enjoy murray's. Both are fabulous players. I just don't particularly enjoy watching them play. It's just a preference. I'm sure there are plenty who find federer boring, nole boring, etc.

slice bh compliment
06-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Nadal has been in so many classic matches, its hard to say he is boring,...

why is it just a big deal if people find Nadal boring. ....

Hey ESP and ice devil, actually, I think the OP was trying to say that Nadal is NOT boring....and that Wimbledon IS boring without Nadal.

I feel it's been a great 1st week. Not boring. Looking forward to Monday for sure!

ESP#1
06-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Great Wimbly so far I have to admit!

Yeah all semis and finals.. On grass he'd be boring like Federer and Murray.. I've seen more good matches this year than in all tournament last year. Not Nadal's fault but it's far from boring without him

Think we agree here buddy:)

ESP#1
06-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey ESP and ice devil, actually, I think the OP was trying to say that Nadal is NOT boring....and that Wimbledon IS boring without Nadal.

I feel it's been a great 1st week. Not boring. Looking forward to Monday for sure!

Couldnt agree more, its turning out to be a great tournament, wish they played matches on sunday

malakas
06-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Couldnt agree more, its turning out to be a great tournament, wish they played matches on sunday

yeah..but fortunately there is a dutch website where you can watch every match from this years wimby!!:D So we can watch if we missed a match.:)

navratilovafan
06-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Not in the least. Many great matches, lots of fun seeing the old guys do well, lots of intrigue to what will happen in the coming rounds as the draw shapes up. Dont miss Nadal at all to be honest. The womens side of Wimbledon still sucks worst than ever this year (well other than maybe last year) but doubt Rafa could have done much to change that, LOL!

ESP#1
06-27-2009, 01:52 PM
yeah..but fortunately there is a dutch website where you can watch every match from this years wimby!!:D So we can watch if we missed a match.:)

I need that link!!!!

joeri888
06-27-2009, 01:54 PM

:);)

Can you now also watch live?

TheMusicLover
06-27-2009, 01:58 PM
I need that link!!!!

It's this one: http://www.wimbledon_2009.nl (http://www.wimbledon2009.nl)
I think you need a Dutch P Roxy to watch it though. :)

joeri888
06-27-2009, 02:01 PM
It's this one: http://www.wimbledon_2009.nl (http://www.wimbledon2009.nl)
I think you need a Dutch P Roxy to watch it though. :)

it's indeed that one without the underscore. I think you need a dutch proxy indeed.. I do have that (as I'm dutch) and it's great quality. Malakas just talked about a way to watch matches that have already been played and I don't know about that really..