PDA

View Full Version : Loosing confidence in a stroke

flat
06-23-2009, 01:19 PM
This has happened to myself, and I've observed this in multiple other cases also...where there is an almost sudden, inexplicable loss of confidence in a stroke that you used to hit well. Forehands, backhands, etc.

Once this happens, you retreat and start to pull back, which inevitably makes it worse. In my case, it was the forehand, and took months to get over it.

Like to hear from others that have dealt with this. I guess the common/logical thing I've heard is to simply go out and drill it, hit a ton of balls, and get the groove back.

But I remember watching Stefan Edberg's forehand...I'm sure that guy's hit a ton of forehands, but still the problem persisted all the way to Wimbledon finals... :)

So, will hit a ton of balls help? Or will this simply take some time to work itself out? Or will this simply never go away?

Blake0
06-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Lol, i've had that problem..just recently got over it. Today to be exact :) feels great. Make sure you haven't gotten sloppy on your technique, footwork, and make sure you haven't developed bad habits over time. Also make sure to see if your timing is right. If everything is okay, then it'll just take time hitting tons of balls to get over the problem.