PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to understand Wimbledon Coverage??

JPW
06-23-2009, 03:24 PM
I find Tennis TV coverage so frustrating. I can't ever seem to find the matches I want to watch when they are live. Does anyone know specifically how Wimbledon will be covered? For instance, if I wanted to find out if the Fish/Tipsarevic match would be broadcast live is there a way to find that out?

Thanks for any help.

kanamit
06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
You have a number of options depending on where you're from. Your best bet is to try to find an online stream somewhere. If you're in the UK, I heard BBC is offering fine coverage of Wimbley this year. If you're in the US, I heard DirecTV has some sort of tennis package where you can watch a variety of courts commercial free.

tacou
06-23-2009, 04:07 PM
well in the US espn has live tv coverage from 7am easter to 5pm. you can't really choose what match you want but is all live tennis.

direct tv has a channel for USO and French Open (probably wimbledon too) where you can choose between 6-8 live courts.

the easiest way to watch a specific match is to find a stream online.

Annika
06-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey what's the problem. I saw Venice play this morning; I saw Venice play this afternoon; and I saw Venice play tonight. Jerks!

mikeler
06-24-2009, 04:56 AM
DirecTV actually shows 6 matches at a time during the first week of the Grand Slams. If you are looking for an obscure match on an outer court, then you really need to be at the tournament.

cknobman
06-24-2009, 05:33 AM
Hey what's the problem. I saw Venice play this morning; I saw Venice play this afternoon; and I saw Venice play tonight. Jerks!

Venice?

Did you mean Venus? Yeah I saw more of that than I wanted to with the occasional mens highlights during changeovers.