PDA

View Full Version : Canas Playing Well

Conquistador
06-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Good to see guillermo canas playing so well. A straight set win over diego junguieria of argentina today. Might I say in dominant fashion...Im looking for Canas to defeat Montanesand then to upset Fernando Verdasco..Canas is playing well.

http://deportearg.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/Image/Guillermo_Canas.jpg

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Forgot about him. Yes I used to like him when he was beating Federer. I guess age caught up with him though.

Magix
06-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Forgot about him. Yes I used to like him when he was beating Federer. I guess age caught up with him though.
Whaaaat? You used to like him when he was beating Fed? But it all changed once Roger dusted him in Madrid, right?

You're a little...strange.

thalivest
06-23-2009, 07:42 PM
If he even gets past Montanes, which i am not sure he will, he will be spanked easily by Verdasco. Sorry Canas is closer to retirement than he is to another mini breakthrough.

Nadal_Freak
06-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Whaaaat? You used to like him when he was beating Fed? But it all changed once Roger dusted him in Madrid, right?

You're a little...strange.
I like the warrior mentality. He was that in Indian Wells and Miami in 2007. Age wouldn't let him continue to be that way unfortunately.

Blinkism
06-23-2009, 09:15 PM
I was there when he won the Toronto Masters. Whupped Roddick's ***!!!

He could have gone places, but... guess not.

Maybe a last hurrah is in order?

prattle128
06-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Good to see guillermo canas playing so well. A straight set win over diego junguieria of argentina today. Might I say in dominant fashion...Im looking for Canas to defeat Montanesand then to upset Fernando Verdasco..Canas is playing well.

http://deportearg.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/Image/Guillermo_Canas.jpg

There is no way that Verdasco is going to be upset by him. The only thing that is going to stop him at Wimbledon this year is a strong-playing Federer. Verdasco has gotten his act together, and is pretty much going to stomp on everyone else. His match against Ward is the kind of result that you can pretty much expect to see. I just can't wait to see Verdasco finally get a draw in his favor, where he isn't in Nadal or Federer's quarters, and even if he is in one of their quarters, I'm hoping that he can show them why he's so dangerous, and pull out a 'W.'

Conquistador
06-24-2009, 06:51 PM
There is no way that Verdasco is going to be upset by him. The only thing that is going to stop him at Wimbledon this year is a strong-playing Federer. Verdasco has gotten his act together, and is pretty much going to stomp on everyone else. His match against Ward is the kind of result that you can pretty much expect to see. I just can't wait to see Verdasco finally get a draw in his favor, where he isn't in Nadal or Federer's quarters, and even if he is in one of their quarters, I'm hoping that he can show them why he's so dangerous, and pull out a 'W.'

Canas is a player who could give Verdasco some problems, especially if verdasco is mishitting shots, canas will take advantage . Canas has great defense to counter the fiery Verdasco.