PDA

View Full Version : RADIO Wimbledon

Love Game
06-23-2009, 11:19 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2wfr3es.jpg

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/interactive/radio/index.html

Can't get enough of Wimby talk??? :?:

I love it. I listened to it last year, and it's even better this year. That's Sam Lloyd in the studio image above, and she's the host(ess) for the first 4 hours of the day. Then she turns it over to the match commentators who (I think) are Ab Fab!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_20.gif

Anybody else out there listening?

Clydey2times
06-23-2009, 11:34 PM
I'll probably be making an appearance on Radio Wimbledon over the next fortnight.

shadows
06-23-2009, 11:35 PM
namedrop tw =p

listening at the moment, gogogo standard examination of british tennis failure post first round at Wimbledon xD

Love Game
06-23-2009, 11:36 PM
From what i'm hearing, the british press seem to be holding a kind of post mortem for british tennis, based on yesterday's results! :mad:

i just don't understand that. they seem to be criticizing giving wild cards to british players. how insane is that? wild cards are for the purpose of the host country to give promising players a chance to perform in front of their home fans and perhaps get a boost up.

Clydey2times
06-23-2009, 11:56 PM
namedrop tw =p

listening at the moment, gogogo standard examination of british tennis failure post first round at Wimbledon xD

Haha I've already had a bunch of people asking me to namedrop them.

It's not confirmed, though, so I'll have to wait and see.

Rorsach
06-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Has anyone found a stream for Wimbledon radio that works on a mobile phone? Stupid phones don't have flash which is required for this on the Wimbledon web site.

shadows
06-24-2009, 12:01 AM
From what i'm hearing, the british press seem to be holding a kind of post mortem for british tennis, based on yesterday's results! :mad:

i just don't understand that. they seem to be criticizing giving wild cards to british players. how insane is that? wild cards are for the purpose of the host country to give promising players a chance to perform in front of their home fans and perhaps get a boost up.

The bolded part is kind of the problem really, it seems we've got such a lack of up and coming talent. So much so that we've got guys like Bogdanovic who've had wildcards for 8 years, and failed to pass round 1 once! Our current number 2 (Josh Goodall) is 0-7 career on the atp tour etc etc.

Dan Evans might be the most promising hope (aside from Murray) on the mens side of things, he's had some decent progress recently (several futures wins last year and a challenger win this year) and he's only 19. Still he's a way down the rankings (316), but I think he'll probably continue to climb for a while.

Love Game
06-24-2009, 07:49 AM
I'll probably be making an appearance on Radio Wimbledon over the next fortnight.

are you teasing us? :confused:

if not, please tell them that they are all sooooo very much appreciated (except for that twirp robby koenig whom i heard announcing one of the matches! :mad:)

the regular crew are wonderful, and judy murray sounded so sweet this morning. what a type A personality she must be.

===========
QUESTION:
is anybody able to get through to wimbledon.org? I've been trying for over 30 minutes. Is the website crashed???

i cant get a score.
can't listen to radio wimbledon.
can't find out which matches are completed!!! :shock:

Clydey2times
06-24-2009, 09:34 AM
are you teasing us? :confused:

if not, please tell them that they are all sooooo very much appreciated (except for that twirp robby koenig whom i heard announcing one of the matches! :mad:)

the regular crew are wonderful, and judy murray sounded so sweet this morning. what a type A personality she must be.

===========
QUESTION:
is anybody able to get through to wimbledon.org? I've been trying for over 30 minutes. Is the website crashed???

i cant get a score.
can't listen to radio wimbledon.
can't find out which matches are completed!!! :shock:

No, not teasing. They expressed interest in having someone from MurraysWorld on the show over the next fortnight, so I offered. They have my number and e-mail. It may happen, it may not.

Cesc Fabregas
06-25-2009, 01:52 AM
No, not teasing. They expressed interest in having someone from MurraysWorld on the show over the next fortnight, so I offered. They have my number and e-mail. It may happen, it may not.

Do you get paid for working on MurraysWorld or is it volentary?

Love Game
06-27-2009, 12:26 AM
DON'T COME TO WIMBY TODAY http://i38.tinypic.com/2ennvw1.gif

... UNLESS you have a ticket.

~~~~~~>> that's the announcement i just heard on radio wimbledon ...... there are already more people in the cue ?que? than will be able to get a ticket ....... so unless you have a ticket, dont come to wimby today.

wow. it must really be popular this year! :shock:

Clydey2times
06-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Do you get paid for working on MurraysWorld or is it volentary?

Nah, it's voluntary. Used to be a bit of a boxing journalist. Interviewed Ricky Hatton and a few others. So I volunteered since I have some experience with the media.

Cesc Fabregas
06-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Nah, it's voluntary. Used to be a bit of a boxing journalist. Interviewed Ricky Hatton and a few others. So I volunteered since I have some experience with the media.

Cheers, do you get to interview Andy Murray alot?

Clydey2times
06-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Cheers, do you get to interview Andy Murray alot?

No, I doubt we would be allowed. The official site gets those privileges. Our appeal lies in being able to be objective. We're not an official fansite, so we can still criticise Murray. We're also on Google News, unlike the official site. It's pretty competitive. :lol:

I did get asked by The Sun online in 2005 if I wanted to interview Andy. I was covering boxing at that time, though. I wasn't as interested in tennis as I am these days, so I turned them down purely because I didn't feel I'd do a good job.

Cesc Fabregas
06-27-2009, 02:04 AM
No, I doubt we would be allowed. The official site gets those privileges. Our appeal lies in being able to be objective. We're not an official fansite, so we can still criticise Murray. We're also on Google News, unlike the official site. It's pretty competitive. :lol:

I did get asked by The Sun online in 2005 if I wanted to interview Andy. I was covering boxing at that time, though. I wasn't as interested in tennis as I am these days, so I turned them down purely because I didn't feel I'd do a good job.

Cheers. For some reason I always thought Murraysworld was his official website.

Clydey2times
06-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Cheers. For some reason I always thought Murraysworld was his official website.

The guy who runs MurraysWorld (Mark Sanger) was asked to make it the official site. That was before Andy's new management came in in the early days, I think.