PDA

View Full Version : The rest of the Atp is....

babbette
06-24-2009, 07:06 AM
....absolutely useless! :o Without Rafa, Djokovic, or Murray at their best there's absolutely noone that gives Roger the slightest bit of difficulty. In these times tennis for me is threatening to be as boring as it was 3-5 years ago when Roger sailed through everything. :o the swagger in his walk as he goes to get balls from the ballkids is back. :o

Kobble
06-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Right, this Wimbledon is starting off boring. I hope Djokovic or Murray stomps him.

grafrules
06-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Obviously you missed the French Open and his matches with Haas, Del Potro, Acasuso, and Mathieu.

T1000
06-24-2009, 07:10 AM
....absolutely useless! :o Without Rafa, Djokovic, or Murray at their best there's absolutely noone that gives Roger the slightest bit of difficulty. In these times tennis for me is threatening to be as boring as it was 3-5 years ago when Roger sailed through everything. :o the swagger in his walk as he goes to get balls from the ballkids is back. :o

sorry, but hewitt, roddick, and the rest of the gang in 04-06 would've beat djokovic and murray

zagor
06-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Okay,this amount of whining from Nadal fanboys is getting really annoying.Fed didn't even got past the second round yet and already you're b!tching.Just wait to see how the tournament goes and if Fed wins it then start whining,this is very premature.

malakas
06-24-2009, 07:12 AM
ridiculous thread.

Last time I checked it wasn't Murray OR Djokovic OR Nadal who went to 5 sets with Federer at RG.:roll:

babbette
06-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Oh let me whine. I miss my boy what do you want. 8)

But come on, everyone is expecting Federer to be in the final. Who realistically right now an give him the slightest bit of challenge on grass?

malakas
06-24-2009, 07:18 AM
everyone expected Nadal to be in the French Open final too.

JeMar
06-24-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm sorry, but no one makes a 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 rout as interesting as Federer.

grafrules
06-24-2009, 07:24 AM
You are right they are are absolutely useless. I mean Rafa had won 3 out of 4 slams and the Olympics all in the span of a year. Federer chokes everytime they play a close match, Djokovic loses early in slams most of the time, Murray too, who was there to even challenge Rafa at all. The rest of the ATP is useless, that lucky Rafa. :)

AAAA
06-24-2009, 07:36 AM
We're lucky Federer is playing in an era where the highest ranked players around him can actually challenge him assuming current h2h scores are meaningful in this context. Can't say the same for the previous era where the champ dominated all the top players. Call that tougher competition? Not in my books.

Example, Courier as good as he was, was 4-16 h2h against Sampras. That's 4 wins out of 20. 4 out of 20 in any creditable test I've ever taken would be a FAIL.

galactico
06-24-2009, 08:08 AM
stupid thread.

murray choked like a dick down his own throat when he played federer in 08. Djokovic beat an unhealthy federer and nadal is the only one who can consistently beat federer in slams, year in , year out.

I HATE ALL OF THE TOP 3 - personalities of a frying pan

joeri888
06-24-2009, 09:14 AM

First, Wimbledon is not just about the winner, but people making second or third round can be just as big an achievement. Second, the matches on centre tend to be one-sided in the opening week, that's also the case in the 1990s, 1980s etc.
Third, just admit Federer is a beast on this surface. Most players just aren't comfortable on grass. Federer is. The tour doesn't suck. How would you else explain the top 4 losing to Roddick, Gulbis, Nieminen, Kohlschreiber, Haas, Del Potro, Monfils, Wawrinka, Soderling, Monaco, Verdasco,

shawn1122
06-24-2009, 09:19 AM
*****in and moaning. It's all the Nadal fans seem to be doing nowadays. How would Nadal being here make things any more interesting? It's not like he would be playing Federer in the second round...

The only time Nadal will be missed is on the finals day.

tahiti
06-24-2009, 09:21 AM

But come on, everyone is expecting Federer to be in the final. Who realistically right now an give him the slightest bit of challenge on grass?

You're right Babette. No one. The only one who could has taken an early extended holiday and dipping his toes in the ocean :)

gj011
06-24-2009, 09:29 AM

Yes I agree with this. Except those 3, the rest of the ATP are useless and hopeless *******s who give up their matches against Federer before even stepping on the court. Pathetic.

rommil
06-24-2009, 09:32 AM
You're right Babette. No one. The only one who could has taken an early extended holiday and dipping his toes in the ocean :)

You mean the one that got too greedy and ambitious he broke his body and can't even defend his titles last year? Meanwhile, the rest of the tennis world goes on without him.

Cyan
06-24-2009, 09:43 AM
stupid thread.

murray choked like a dick down his own throat when he played federer in 08. Djokovic beat an unhealthy federer and nadal is the only one who can consistently beat federer in slams, year in , year out.

But Nadal, the only player with cojones to beat Fed at the slams is INJURED. So tennis is dead. It is not a sport anymore. :oops:

Giggs The Red Devil
06-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Yes I agree with this. Except those 3, the rest of the ATP are useless and hopeless *******s who give up their matches against Federer before even stepping on the court. Pathetic.

Its better that they give up their matches because theyre *******s than fixing their matches like Djokovic usually does. http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2007-09-27/304.php

Im surprised hes still a free man.

akv89
06-24-2009, 09:48 AM

It's funny how some of these people don't seem to have any mental issue against beating Djokovic.

batz
06-24-2009, 10:07 AM
sorry, but hewitt, roddick, and the rest of the gang in 04-06 would've beat djokovic and murray

Of course they would have. Tennis is clearly regressing.

And the pigs are fully fuelled and ready for take off.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 10:07 AM
More whining from Fed-haters.

tahiti
06-24-2009, 10:10 AM
You mean the one that got too greedy and ambitious he broke his body and can't even defend his titles last year? Meanwhile, the rest of the tennis world goes on without him.

Your disrespect tells me a lot about you :)

rommil
06-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Your disrespect tells me a lot about you :)

Disrespectful to who? You? I don't know jack about you so that's a non issue. Nadal? I respect his accomplishments and his drive but let's call it what it is. Cheesy stories and melodrama will not change the situation. He overplayed. Plain and simple.

PS Irrelevant to this thread but I really don't care what you think of me.

veroniquem
06-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Or mourning his parents' divorce (the news is official now), not very joyful...
To babbette: yes this W may be shaping up into a snooze fest, the way noone seems to be playing inspired tennis apart from Sgt Pepper but it's just the beginning, you never know.

cknobman
06-24-2009, 11:25 AM
I do miss seeing Rafa on court but there are plenty of other young players out there I enjoy watching. Sad to say it but one of my favorite people to watch is Djokovic. As much hate as he brought his way the last year I kinda feel sorry for him. As for Rafa, if he had to play so hard that he broke his body just to get to #1 that tells you how good the rest of the field is (especially the other top 3).

gj011
06-24-2009, 01:27 PM
It’s better that they give up their matches because they’re *******s than fixing their matches like Djokovic usually does. http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2007-09-27/304.php

I’m surprised he’s still a free man.

This is ridiculous and baseless accusation from you. Go and actually read what is written in the link you posted. He was the victim there and did the right thing.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 01:28 PM
When you strip away all the BS, the overwhelming FACT remains:

Federer has won 14/24 slams.

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Didn't see that coming... :roll:

egn
06-24-2009, 01:29 PM

You and the rest need to read this post.

Obviously you missed the French Open and his matches with Haas, Del Potro, Acasuso, and Mathieu.

Amen.

I mean seriously that was the first time someone out of the top 4 actually did damage, the atp is actually showing they have some balls. Seriously Del Potro finally lived up to his damn potential in that semifinal and hit the crap out of the ball for once. Haas played lights out and if Fed didn't turn on Haas would have won, Haas was playing smart tennis sure he was not killing the winners but he played a clean match and let Fed nearly kill himself. PHM and Acasuso also stretched him out and hell if Soderling had not been dead in that first set and played like he did in the second and third we would have seen Fed really challenged. For once someone outside of the top 4 did damage. I was very happy to see those other "dopes" doing damage. If they were giving up Fed would win with 6-1, 6-1, 6-1 and never play a five setter. Sorry not everyone gives up like Djokovic >.>

gj011
06-24-2009, 01:31 PM
You and the rest need to read this post.

Amen.

I mean seriously that was the first time someone out of the top 4 actually did damage, the atp is actually showing they have some balls. Seriously Del Potro finally lived up to his damn potential in that semifinal and hit the crap out of the ball for once. Haas played lights out and if Fed didn't turn on Haas would have won, Haas was playing smart tennis sure he was not killing the winners but he played a clean match and let Fed nearly kill himself. PHM and Acasuso also stretched him out and hell if Soderling had not been dead in that first set and played like he did in the second and third we would have seen Fed really challenged. For once someone outside of the top 4 did damage. I was very happy to see those other "dopes" doing damage. If they were giving up Fed would win with 6-1, 6-1, 6-1 and never play a five setter. Sorry not everyone gives up like Djokovic >.>

What damage? They all choked like little girls at the end. Pathetic.

Serendipitous
06-24-2009, 01:31 PM
When you strip away all the BS, the overwhelming FACT remains:

Federer has won 14/24 slams.

Really? :confused:

ChanceEncounter
06-24-2009, 01:32 PM

Yes, that's it. They "give up." It's not like Federer ever wins or anything...

Madhoshi22
06-24-2009, 01:32 PM

Murray. Its understandable that you miss Nadal. But seriously, its only the second round, sure Roger is the favorite, but then again, wasn't Nadal the favorite at the FO?
Anything can happen, these ridiculous threads are insane.

Camnation
06-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Its better that they give up their matches because theyre *******s than fixing their matches like Djokovic usually does. http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2007-09-27/304.php

Im surprised hes still a free man.
I'm surprised you still have posting privileges.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Djokovic and Murray are absolutely nothing compared to federer. Only nadal is worthy of being considered federer's true rival. Djokovic and Murray cant even get to the later stages of majors much less challenge federer at Grand slams.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Federer is just simply better than every tennis player on earth except Nadal. No one chokes, federer beats them all. The truth hurts your soul doesnt it?

Camnation
06-24-2009, 01:54 PM
They knew exactly who they should ask. He had that kind of reputation. And if were discussing why the ATP looks the way it is, that subject can't be avoided.

Btw, accusing one player is far more ethical than accusing the entire field like you did.
They asked him because he was a good enough a player to be a shoo-in to win his first match, but young enough to be influenced (or so they thought). It's pretty obvious by reading the article that Djokovic revealed this information without provocation.

egn
06-24-2009, 01:55 PM

Who choked? You want to try to make a case for Haas go ahead but then you obviously did not observe the match. Haas was just luring Fed in the early parts as Fed was sloppy and all over the place. Del Potro did not choke and that fifth set he was playing strong. So if Fed wins in the end they all choke?

Jchurch
06-24-2009, 01:56 PM

Go watch the 2009 French Open again.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 01:57 PM
You know who choked, man? Tsonga at the 2008 AO. :cry:

Cloudy
06-24-2009, 01:59 PM
I miss the players that have a grass court game. Wimbledon is a bit boring this year.

zagor
06-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Who choked? You want to try to make a case for Haas go ahead but then you obviously did not observe the match. Haas was just luring Fed in the early parts as Fed was sloppy and all over the place. Del Potro did not choke and that fifth set he was playing strong. So if Fed wins in the end they all choke?

TW rule:Federer never actually wins matches,players just choke against hiim.

Hope this clears things up.

Jchurch
06-24-2009, 02:01 PM

Or when they go full blast they can't hold it up for five sets.

malakas
06-24-2009, 02:03 PM

hahahaha :mrgreen:

gj011
06-24-2009, 02:44 PM

Sure he did, he choked big time. And Federer choked in the SF too.

FlamEnemY
06-24-2009, 02:58 PM

Hm, have to agree :)

syntex1
06-24-2009, 03:05 PM
gj011 I've been reading these boards for a long time, your 'Pathetic' responces in nearly every thread I have seen you invovled with are getting so annoying that i think you will be the first peron on my ignore list.

6000+ posts of ******** is a big pile of ****

ChanceEncounter
06-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Exactly. Djokovic lucked into the grand slam title.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 03:19 PM
everyone choked. Even Novak, the winner, choked. :)

gj011
06-24-2009, 03:22 PM
gj011 I've been reading these boards for a long time, your 'Pathetic' responces in nearly every thread I have seen you invovled with are getting so annoying that i think you will be the first peron on my ignore list.

6000+ posts of ******** is a big pile of ****

You are welcome.

gj011
06-24-2009, 03:28 PM
everyone choked. Even Novak, the winner, choked. :)

He certainly choked at the end of that first set in the final. So yes.

The biggest choke of the tournament though was Tipsarevic in the 3rd round, after being distracted by injury timeout abuse and gamesmanship from his opponent.

JeMar
06-24-2009, 03:43 PM
He certainly choked at the end of that first set in the final. So yes.

The biggest choke of the tournament though was Tipsarevic in the 3rd round, after being distracted by injury timeout abuse and gamesmanship from his opponent.

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/f/f/0/b/ATP_Masters_Series_1860.jpg

Sorry, you're gonna have to step it up, troll. The old insults don't cut it anymore.

It's extremely ironic that anyone who has their own Djokovic shrine, complete with hair samples and fingernail clippings, would EVER accuse ANYONE of timeout abuse and gamesmanship.

Maybe when Djokovic drops the ******-y act that he tries to cover up with overacting the role of a "nice guy" that everyone with a modicum of objectivity can see through, he'll be able to leave tournaments with two trophies even after he loses like Federer.

gj011
06-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Do you remember the match? Do you remember Tipsarevic's opponent taking an injury timeout after losing the 3rd set, to clip his toenails and than running like a rabbit in the 4th and 5th set?

No of course not. But it indeed happened, like it or not.

And please stop with personal attacks and insults. Thank you.

Dark Victory
06-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Federer will win his 15th Slam without much of a fuss.

And people still wonder why some keep saying without Rafa, Wimby is already a gimme for him... Maybe it's because those say that are mostly younger fans, whose only frame of reference for competition is the current field.

There's no-one. And it's quite obvious imo.

I don't see anyone really bothering Federer. Maybe Murray (that is IF he even gets to the final). And this is a Grand Slam. And not just any slam, this is Wimbledon. Not Qatar, Cincinatti, etc...

Like I said before, if they do meet, I fully expect Fed to sit him down like Pete did Tim Henman years ago.

Dark Victory
06-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Word to that.

I'd like to see Fed challenged. Without Rafa though, I don't see him really being pushed.

Still, it's fun to see him against lesser mortals. He tends to swing better, play more freely.

zagor
06-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Federer will win his 15th Slam without much of a fuss.

And people still wonder why some keep saying without Rafa, Wimby is already a gimme for him... Maybe it's because those say that are mostly younger fans, whose only frame of reference for competition is the current field.

There's no-one. And it's quite obvious imo.

I don't see anyone really bothering Federer. Maybe Murray (that is IF he even gets to the final). And this is a Grand Slam. And not just any slam, this is Wimbledon. Not Qatar, Cincinatti, etc...

Like I said before, if they do meet, I fully expect Fed to sit him down like Pete did Tim Henman years ago.

Just like Nadal was supposed to win the FO this year without any problems whatsoever? Most people here were saying that we should just mail him the trophy in advance and that the other players are wasting their time even showing up at the FO.

We all know how that turned out.

Dark Victory
06-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Just like Nadal was supposed to win the FO this year without any problems whatsoever? Most people here were saying that we should just mail him the trophy in advance and that the other players are wasting their time even showing up at the FO.

We all know how that turned out.
Rafa's case is different because even though he's been dominant at the French Open, there are many guys in the field who could play well on clay and have been able to/might be able to give him a fight.

The only guy who's really challenged Fed on grass is Nadal. There's noone else.

And Rafa is not around.

zagor
06-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Rafa's case is different because even though he's been dominant at the French Open, there are many guys in the field who could play well on clay and have been able to/might be able to give him a fight.

The only guy who's really challenged Fed on grass is Nadal. There's noone else.

And Rafa is not around.

Like who? Before this year he has never been even pushed to five at the FO,he was bageling people left and right at last year and destroyed Fed in the final.

Dark Victory
06-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Like who? Before this year he has never been even pushed to five at the FO,he was bageling people left and right at last year and destroyed Fed in the final.
True. But imo Rafa's dominance at the FO is not really as pronounced as Federer's dominance at Wimbledon IF Nadal wasn't around to challenge him.

It's like this: I'd highly favor Nadal over elite guys like Djoker, Verdasco, Murray, Tsonga, et al, on clay if he was playing his best. He's certainly capable of handing out beatdowns. But still, I'd like those guys chances against Rafa on clay than their chances against Fed on grass at Wimbledon if Roger was playing his best.

zagor
06-24-2009, 04:23 PM
True. But imo Rafa's dominance at the FO is not really as pronounced as Federer's dominance at Wimbledon IF Nadal wasn't around to challenge him.

It's like this: I'd highly favor Nadal over elite guys like Djoker, Verdasco, Murray, Tsonga, et al, on clay if he was playing his best. He's certainly capable of handing out beatdowns. But still, I'd like those guys chances against Rafa on clay than their chances against Fed on grass at Wimbledon if Roger was playing his best.

Well we'll see if you're right,maybe Fed will play both Novak and Murray at Wimbledon this year.Novak doesn't have much of a chance because his form is off and grass is his worst surface but Murray is a tough match-up for Fed(he beat him 4 times in a row),can certainly pose some problems to Roger even on grass.

Dark Victory
06-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Well we'll see if you're right,maybe Fed will play both Novak and Murray at Wimbledon this year.Novak doesn't have much of a chance because his form is off and grass is his worst surface but Murray is a tough match-up for Fed(he beat him 4 times in a row),can certainly pose some problems to Roger even on grass.
Murray has the best chance out of everyone. But mentally, I don't think he's ready. That's why I drew the Henman parallel. The guy had enough game to upset Pete. But Pete was simply a better clutch player. And when it really mattered, he sat him down. If Murray does beat Fed in a quality match, it'd be something.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 04:47 PM
2003-2009 is a clown era.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Murray has the best chance out of everyone. But mentally, I don't think he's ready. That's why I drew the Henman parallel. The guy had enough game to upset Pete. But Pete was simply a better clutch player. And when it really mattered, he sat him down. If Murray does beat Fed in a quality match, it'd be something.

Murray is 10x more talented then Henman was relative to Sampy. Bad comparison too as Henman never made a slam final like Murray has already done.

NadalandFedererfan
06-24-2009, 04:59 PM
I disagree Henman had enough game to beat Pete at Wimbledon. If you want to talk about players who had the game to beat Pete at Wimbledon and maybe should have, but didnt come through due to a fragile mental game some examples might be Goran Ivanisevic or Michael Stich. Henman just wasnt good enough to beat Pete at Wimbledon, period. He really did impressively to even take him to such tough 4 setters.

NamRanger
06-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I disagree Henman had enough game to beat Pete at Wimbledon. If you want to talk about players who had the game to beat Pete at Wimbledon and maybe should have, but didnt come through due to a fragile mental game some examples might be Goran Ivanisevic or Michael Stich. Henman just wasnt good enough to beat Pete at Wimbledon, period. He really did impressively to even take him to such tough 4 setters.

Henman had alot of game. He certainly had enough game to beat Pete. The only problem was that he always mentally collapsed when given the chance.

illuminati
06-24-2009, 05:18 PM
i agree, tennis is now boring, its same old same old. i actually didnt watch a whole match at the french after nadal lost. i knew federer will win as nadal was the only one going on court with federer without a defeated mentality, i saw like 30 seconds highlights in the news, thats all. i have lost the excitement of watching tennis. its all about federer. and its not like federer is the most exciting or charismatic guy on tour. the guy is a poor mans sampras. he plays good tennis and goes home. just no excitement. nadal provides balance and excitement. djokovic and murray are mentally too fragile, they lack belief to beat federer. i dont even know why they even bothered to play this years wimbledon in the mens, after nadal withdrew. i would give the trophy to federer and get it over with. we are wasting 2 weeks of our time when the winner is already decided and his name written on the trophy for the 6th time. there is just no point in playing wimbledon or watching it. even with a tough draw for federer, the others will find a way to lose from a winning position like what happened in the french against haas, and del potro and acasuso. u know even when federer is 2 sets to love down and double break down, that he will still come back and win because the opponents crap themselves or are mentally and physically too weak.

make a petition or something to hand federer the wimbledon title and write his name on the trophy. just a waste of money and time especially during recession to waste on something we already know the result of.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Do you remember the match? Do you remember Tipsarevic's opponent taking an injury timeout after losing the 3rd set, to clip his toenails and than running like a rabbit in the 4th and 5th set?

Federer didnt commit any gamesmanship in that match. He doesnt do crap like that. He hardly ever calls for the trainer throughout the year and the one and two times he does arent big deals. Tipservic wouldnt have beaten federer even if federer didnt take the time out.

lambielspins
06-24-2009, 05:20 PM
2003-2009 is a clown era.

If 2003-2009 is the clown era than 1997-2002 is the freak show era.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 05:20 PM
i agree, tennis is now boring, its same old same old. i actually didnt watch a whole match at the french after nadal lost. i knew it was federer, i saw like 30 seconds highlights in the news, thats all. i have lost the excitement of watching tennis. its all about federer. and its not like federer is the most exciting or charismatic guy on tour. the guy is a poor mans sampras. he plays good tennis and goes home. just no excitement. nadal provides balance and excitement. djokovic and murray are mentally too fragile, they lack belief to beat federer. i dont even know why they even bothered to play this years wimbledon in the mens, after nadal withdrew. i would give the trophy to federer and get it over with. we are wasting 2 weeks of our time when the winner is already decided and his name written on the trophy for the 6th time. there is just no point in playing wimbledon or watching it. even with a tough draw the others will find a way to lose from a winning position like what happened in the french against haas, and del potro and acasuso. u know even when feder is 2 sets to love down and double break down, that he will still come back and win because the opponents crap themselves or are mentally and physically too weak.

make a petition or something to hand federer the wimbledon title and write his name on the trophy. just a waste of money and time especially during recession to waste on something we already know the result of.

:cry::cry::cry: Want some cheese with your whine? :twisted:

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 05:21 PM
If 2003-2009 is the clown era than 1997-2002 is the freak show era.

I'm just trying to mock the trolls. :twisted:
If 2003-2009 is a clown era, then Nadal is a total buffoon.

gj011
06-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Federer didnt commit any gamesmanship in that match. He doesnt do crap like that. He hardly ever calls for the trainer throughout the year and the one and two times he does arent big deals. Tipservic wouldnt have beaten federer even if federer didnt take the time out.

Please go and watch the match again. Federer called for a fake injury timeout after losing the 3rd set, clipped his toenails, broke Tipsarevic's momentum and than won the 4th and 5th set not showing any signs of any injury.

NadalandFedererfan
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Henman had alot of game. He certainly had enough game to beat Pete. The only problem was that he always mentally collapsed when given the chance.

Really you think so? Maybe I am underrating him but I guess I just dont see it. How could he beat Pete at Wimbledon when he couldnt even beat Hewitt on grass. I think his lifetime record is 0-3 or 0-4 vs Hewitt on grass, and only the last match at Wimbledon was on the slower grass. I guess I would have a few questions for you then:

1. How do you feel Henman could beat Sampras at Wimbledon if even Ivanisevic could not beat Sampras at Wimbledon during his 1993-2000 dominance there.

2. How do you feel Henman could beat Sampras at Wimbledon when he couldnt ever beat Hewitt in multiple attempts on grass.

3. Is there even a single thing you think Henman does equal or slightly better than Sampras. Even one shot, one aspect of tennis, anything?

The 98 Wimbledon final was one of the best matches I ever saw Tim play. I thought he played incredibly that day. It still wasnt enough only since Sampras came up with some amazing clutch shots, like the sizzling return winner in the 12th game of the 3rd set when Tim hit what looked like a sure ace to get into the tiebreak. The crowd even roared for the ace and Sampras somehow reacted and lunged for a return winner. The 99 Wimbledon semis was his best shot I think since Sampras actually was sluggish in that match which many people forget due to his immaculate performance vs Agassi in the finals. That was the one most of all where Tim's nerves got to him, especialy as I think he realized Sampras was really off that day and it was a great opportunity.

illuminati
06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
federer has killed tennis as a sport. its never healthy when one guy wins everything, no competition apart from nadal. with competition a sport become repetitive, and gets boring and loses many viewers. i think the best think is for federer to break this slam record, and retire at the end of the year. sport is about unpredictability, thats why people watch, when u see the same guy winning over and over, it gets tiring. i dont care how they play, its just tiring.

egn
06-24-2009, 05:26 PM

Didn't that injury time out lasted maybe 5 minutes max and while this was going on I believe Tipsy also used the bathroom and Federer was ready within respectable time. Nothing wrong with taking a timeout to clip a broken nail or two, especially in a sport. Besides did Janko Tipsaveric call a timeout as well right after Fed demolished him in the 4th 6-1 and bandaged his ankle and then was able to play an 18 game fifth set

Oh wait I have evidence if you wish to check it yourself. You can look at yahoo's uk eurosport section. The time out by Fed was called right before set 4 at 8:25 and the timeout before set 5 was called at 9 and the 4th set lasted 33 minutes... so that means Fed's injury timeout lasted about 2-5 minutes give or take a minute or two eurosport is off.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/livematch/224825.html

there is the evidence you can easily find it if you search the times 09:00 and 08:25 in your lovely internet browser and you can find the 4th set stats right below jankos injury time out where it says that it lasted 33 minutes and i think using basic math we can see that this time out you complain about was probably about 30 seconds to a minute longer than a regulation changeover. It was no 20 minute toe nail clipping fest heck it might have not been even 5 minutes.

Please go and watch the match again. Federer called for a fake injury timeout after losing the 3rd set.

Same could be said about Tipsy in the fourth. As I never saw Tipsy struggle with that ankle at all and not once did he ever seem to slip and hurt it and nothing seemed to be different about it in the fifth. I even saw him slide quite a few times in that fifth set and do remember him making some strong net points and once even chasing a lob and a few smashes Fed hit quite well and getting to most..so please cool it allready

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 05:28 PM
federer has killed tennis as a sport. its never healthy when one guy wins everything, no competition apart from nadal. with competition a sport become repetitive, and gets boring and loses many viewers. i think the best think is for federer to break this slam record, and retire at the end of the year. sport is about unpredictability, thats why people watch, when u see the same guy winning over and over, it gets tiring. i dont care how they play, its just tiring.

You just failed. You admitted Rafa is giving Roger serious competition.

prattle128
06-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Give Verdasco some credit. He can challenge and beat anyone if he is playing his game- as seen in the AO semi-finals this year. Now I know that he didn't pull out the win, but that just shows what he is capable, and if Nadal were a tad more human, he would have won it. He certainly could have in 4 if he would have played the 3rd set tiebreak like the way he played the others.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Didn't that injury time out lasted maybe 5 minutes max and while this was going on I believe Tipsy also used the bathroom and Federer was ready within respectable time. Nothing wrong with taking a timeout to clip a broken nail or two, especially in a sport. Besides did Janko Tipsaveric call a timeout as well right after Fed demolished him in the 4th 6-1 and bandaged his ankle and then was able to play an 18 game fifth set

Oh wait I have evidence if you wish to check it yourself. You can look at yahoo's uk eurosport section. The time out by Fed was called right before set 4 at 8:25 and the timeout before set 5 was called at 9 and the 4th set lasted 33 minutes... so that means Fed's injury timeout lasted about 2-5 minutes give or take a minute or two eurosport is off.

there is the evidence you can easily find it if you search the times 09:00 and 08:25 in your lovely internet browser and you can find the 4th set stats right below jankos injury time out where it says that it lasted 33 minutes and i think using basic math we can see that this time out you complain about was probably about 30 seconds to a minute longer than a regulation changeover. It was no 20 minute toe nail clipping fest heck it might have not been even 5 minutes.

Boohoo, send Federer to a penal colony where he can pound big rocks into smaller ones. :(:(:(

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Please go and watch the match again. Federer called for a fake injury timeout after losing the 3rd set, clipped his toenails, broke Tipsarevic's momentum and than won the 4th and 5th set not showing any signs of any injury.
This is hilarious. Federer took no "fake" injury time out. He needed the trainer and called for help. It is ironic you are blaming federer for cheating when Djokovic himself is the grand master when it comes to questionable timeouts and retirement. Here is a little present for you:
"These timeouts helped me a lot because he is still physically better prepared than me," Djokovic said. "I know for people watching the match that it is very irritating, but that is the only way I could continue to win."
No matter how you argue this. What Nole did was cheating.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 05:31 PM

Same could be said about Tipsy in the fourth. As I never saw Tipsy struggle with that ankle at all and not once did he ever seem to slip and hurt it and nothing seemed to be different about it in the fifth. I even saw him slide quite a few times in that fifth set and do remember him making some strong net points and once even chasing a lob and a few smashes Fed hit quite well and getting to most..so please cool it allready
amazing post, egn. Gj011 is the double standard king.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Yes it does seem that Nole cheated in the past - but now that he's ditched his cheating ways he's sliding down the rankings!

egn
06-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Boohoo, send Federer to a penal colony where he can pound big rocks into smaller ones. :(:(:(

i am feeling sarcasm

oh and just before gj011 flips

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/31/sports/tennis/31injury.html?pagewanted=print

That is where his quote comes from New York Times.

gj011
06-24-2009, 05:34 PM
This is hilarious. Federer took no "fake" injury time out. He needed the trainer and called for help. It is ironic you are blaming federer for cheating when Djokovic himself is the grand master when it comes to questionable timeouts and retirement. Here is a little present for you:
"These timeouts helped me a lot because he is still physically better prepared than me," Djokovic said. "I know for people watching the match that it is very irritating, but that is the only way I could continue to win."

No Novak had breathing problems and other health issues and needed timeouts on a brutal extremely hot day in NY when Murray puked and Llodra collapsed. He did nothing wrong, since he was not feeling well, had health problems and called for help. OTOH what Federer did was obvious fake timeout since all he did was clipped his toenails.

Dark Victory
06-24-2009, 05:35 PM
i agree, tennis is now boring, its same old same old. i actually didnt watch a whole match at the french after nadal lost. i knew federer will win as nadal was the only one going on court with federer without a defeated mentality, i saw like 30 seconds highlights in the news, thats all. i have lost the excitement of watching tennis. its all about federer. and its not like federer is the most exciting or charismatic guy on tour. the guy is a poor mans sampras. he plays good tennis and goes home. just no excitement. nadal provides balance and excitement. djokovic and murray are mentally too fragile, they lack belief to beat federer. i dont even know why they even bothered to play this years wimbledon in the mens, after nadal withdrew. i would give the trophy to federer and get it over with. we are wasting 2 weeks of our time when the winner is already decided and his name written on the trophy for the 6th time. there is just no point in playing wimbledon or watching it. even with a tough draw for federer, the others will find a way to lose from a winning position like what happened in the french against haas, and del potro and acasuso. u know even when federer is 2 sets to love down and double break down, that he will still come back and win because the opponents crap themselves or are mentally and physically too weak.

I've little doubt Federer will win Wimbledon.

But I'd still watch him anyway.

Like somebody already said, nobody can make a bagel-and-breadstick rout more interesting than Fed.

egn
06-24-2009, 05:38 PM
No Novak had breathing problems and other health issues and needed timeouts on a brutal extremely hot day in NY when Murray puked and Llodra collapsed. He did nothing wrong, since he was not feeling wel,l had health problems and called for help. OTOH what Federer did was obvious fake timeout since all he did was clipped his toenails.

Did you see Murray or Llodra calling time outs?

Llodra retired and Murray literally puked on court and went back out, sure he got a bit of help from his opponent arguing a call but he went back out onto the court and continued playing. Neither of them called 5 injury timeouts >.> SO I fail to see your point through here

BigServer1
No Novak had breathing problems and other health issues and needed timeouts on a brutal extremely hot day in NY when Murray puked and Llodra collapsed. He did nothing wrong, since he was not feeling wel,l had health problems and called for help. OTOH what Federer did was obvious fake timeout since all he did was clipped his toenails.

See, this is ridiculous...

Federer has taken 2-3 injury timeouts that I can remember over the last few years. Djokovic takes them a LOT more, and oftentimes the validity of the TOs comes into question.

The specific incident that you're talking about may have been completely legit, but the other times that he's unnecessarily taken injury TOs totally overshadows it.

To try and paint Federer as a guy who abuses the timeout structure is laughable, and at the same time defending Djokovic makes it even worse.

VivalaVida
No Novak had breathing problems and other health issues and needed timeouts on a brutal extremely hot day in NY when Murray puked and Llodra collapsed. He did nothing wrong, since he was not feeling well, had health problems and called for help. OTOH what Federer did was obvious fake timeout since all he did was clipped his toenails.
Not really. Djokovic knew that Monfils is a physical specimen while he is not. Therefore he cheated Monfils out of the win. No matter how you argue it, tennis is a physical sport. There is no need for players who act like little girls everytime the going gets rough in the match. Federer doesnt do crap like this because he just has the mentality of a champion tennis player.

dennis10is
06-24-2009, 05:41 PM

You mean RG the past four years was not equally boring because nobody could challenge Rafa? What is wrong with the ATP? Can't anyone put up a respectable challenge to Rafa? Must I turn pro and teach everyone how to play on clay? I have you know, Rafa has never beaten me in tennis on any surface.

JeMar
06-24-2009, 05:44 PM

Is that quote real, VivaLaVida?

I don't see how ANYONE can have any kind of respect for Djokovic as a competitor if he really did say that. I like his game and everything, but gj011 and the other hardcore Djokovic fans must be in really bad shape if this is their favorite player. I don't know how anyone can pull for this guy if he basically admits to being a gamesman, and then gets ticked off when he gets booed.

That is appalling and pathetic. He is a detriment to our sport.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Is that quote real, VivaLaVida?

I don't see how ANYONE can have any kind of respect for Djokovic as a competitor if he really did say that. I like his game and everything, but gj011 and the other hardcore Djokovic fans must be in really bad shape if this is their favorite player. I don't know how anyone can pull for this guy if he basically admits to being a gamesman, and then gets ticked off when he gets booed.

That is appalling and pathetic. He is a detriment to our sport.
Jemar,

I got the quote from this link.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/31/sports/tennis/31injury.html

gj011
06-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Not really. Djokovic knew that Monfils is a physical specimen while he is not. Therefore he cheated Monfils out of the win. No matter how you argue it, tennis is a physical sport. There is no need for players who act like little girls everytime the going gets rough in the match. Federer doesnt do crap like this because he just has the mentality of a champion tennis player.

See you are applying double standards now.
Federer did "crap like that" in his AO match against Tipsarevic. He does not do this often, but I saw him pull a clearly fake timeout several times, while severely criticizing others for taking definitely more legit timeouts.

Djokovic had problems on that day and that is why he asked for timeouts, and that is the reason they are allowed by the rules. He didn't cheat, he was just trying to deal with the problems he had and to survive a brutal and harsh day and a long match. Also don't forget that he just turned 18 when this happened, it was his first year on tour and he was still not sure what was happening to him and his body.

It is clear now that Djokovic has health issues related to breathing and handling the heat and that is why he needs to call for a timeout sometimes, when conditions are harsh, more than other players. It is not gamesmanship, it is just a health problem he has. And is not related to his physical conditionning and stamina.

JeMar
06-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I dunno how anyone that follows Djokovic can accuse anyone of gamesmanship.

egn
06-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Federer did "crap like that" in his AO match against Tipsarevic. He does not do this often, but I saw him pull a clearly fake timeout several times, while severely criticizing others for taking definitely more legit timeouts.

Djokovic has health issues related to breathing and handling the heat and that is why he needs to call for a timeout sometimes, when conditions are harsh, more than other players. It is not gamesmanship, it is just a health problem he has. And is not related to his physical conditionning and stamina.

Fed did 1 to clip his toenails for 2-3 minutes Djoker did 4 tried for a 5th each lasting significant amounts of time...if you can't breathe, retire or just end your misery and lose fast.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 05:57 PM

Djokovic had problems on that day and that is why he asked for timeouts, and that is the reason they are allowed by the rules. He didn't cheat, he was just trying to deal with the problems he had and to survive a brutal and harsh day and a long match. Also don't forget that he just turned 18 when this happened, it was his first year on tour and he was still not sure what was happening to him and his body.

It is clear not that Djokovic has health issues related to breathing and handling the heat and that is why he needs to call for a timeout sometimes, when conditions are harsh, more than other players. It is not gamesmanship, it is just a health problem he has. And is not related to his physical conditionning and stamina.
Look at egn's post where he brings up some of tipservic's "fake timeouts" :rolleyes:. Federer asked for 1 timeout and that is perfectly normal after finishing the entire darn set. This is reasonable. What is unreasonable is taking 5 against an opponent who is physically superior and then claiming that was "the only way to win"

JeMar
06-24-2009, 06:01 PM

Djokovic has health issues related to breathing and handling the heat and that is why he needs to call for a timeout sometimes, when conditions are harsh, more than other players. It is not gamesmanship, it is just a health problem he has. And is not related to his physical conditionning and stamina.

No, it is you that began to apply double standards. If Djokovic cannot handle the same rules that everyone else has to abide by, he should not be a professional tennis player. Everyone and their mothers know that the time-out rule is broken and that it needs to be fixed. It's just that just about everyone else is a decent enough human being to not take advantage of it. If he wants to abuse it, he can join the WTA tour. Maybe there he can last full matches since he would only play a maximum of three sets.

If Djokovic takes a time-out, it's because he needs it. If Federer or anyone else takes a time-out, they're faking it. It's pathetic, drop it.

Not only has he dropped out of matches out of fear or losing, like he did against Federer a couple of years ago or against Roddick more recently... he'll drop out of a match out of fear or losing and claim that he was in control, like he did against Nadal a few years ago.

Then he wonders why people don't like him? Come on, it's not that hard. If he had any common sense and didn't listen to the bull his parents and managers feed him, he would see exactly what the problem is.

No, instead he goes out and tries to act as if he was the nicest guy on tour and grows visibly annoyed when the crowd sees through that. I mean, geez, I nearly spilled my drink when he awkwardly walked over to his opponent during the first round and put a towel on his knee as if he were actually fixing something. He was just there like, "Um, did I do good?" He's not fooling anyone, as people have enough sense to realize that the fake gestures like these do not matter. It's what he does in between the lines that counts much more. This is why Federer and Nadal are so well liked and cheered all over the world, and why Djokovic has become what he has.

gj011
06-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Fed did 1 to clip his toenails for 2-3 minutes Djoker did 4 tried for a 5th each lasting significant amounts of time...if you can't breathe, retire or just end your misery and lose fast.

If he retired then, you would be calling him out for "retirement slam" now. Pick a lane.
He stayed and fought the best he could under the circumstances, and managed to win the match despite health problems he had. That is something that should be applauded not bashed.

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Man gj, you're gettin owned right now.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 06:03 PM
No, it is you that began to apply double standards. If Djokovic cannot handle the same rules that everyone else has to abide by, he should not be a professional tennis player. Everyone and their mothers know that the time-out rule is broken and that it needs to be fixed. It's just that just about everyone else is a decent enough human being to not take advantage of it. If he wants to abuse it, he can join the WTA tour. Maybe there he can last full matches since he would only play a maximum of three sets.

If Djokovic takes a time-out, it's because he needs it. If Federer or anyone else takes a time-out, they're faking it. It's pathetic, drop it.

Not only has he dropped out of matches out of fear or losing, like he did against Federer a couple of years ago or against Roddick more recently... he'll drop out of a match out of fear or losing and claim that he was in control, like he did against Nadal a few years ago.

Then he wonders why people don't like him? Come on, it's not that hard. If he had any common sense and didn't listen to the bull his parents and managers feed him, he would see exactly what the problem is.

No, instead he goes out and tries to act as if he was the nicest guy on tour and grows visibly annoyed when the crowd sees through that. I mean, geez, I nearly spilled my drink when he awkwardly walked over to his opponent during the first round and put a towel on his knee as if he were actually fixing something. He was just there like, "Um, did I do good?" He's not fooling anyone, as people have enough sense to realize that the fake gestures like these do not matter. It's what he does in between the lines that counts much more. This is why Federer and Nadal are so well liked and cheered all over the world, and why Djokovic has become what he has.

This.......

JeMar
06-24-2009, 06:06 PM
If he retired then, you would be calling him out for "retirement slam" now. Pick a lane.
He stayed and fought the best he could under the circumstances, and managed to win the match despite health problems he had. That is something that should be applauded not bashed.

Yeah, maybe if he were in the WTA.

gj011
06-24-2009, 06:06 PM

If Federer takes a time-out, it's because he needs it. If Djokovic or anyone else takes a time-out, they're faking it. It's pathetic, drop it.

Double standards.

Also have to say that Djokovic never retired because of "fear of losing". Each time he was either sick or had injury that stopped him from playing.

Djokovic did the right thing in the 1st round, most people here agreed with that. The fact that you are accusing him of that is showing that you are just spewing hate and talking without real common sense and arguments.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 06:10 PM
If Federer takes a time-out, it's because he needs it. If Djokovic or anyone else takes a time-out, they're faking it. It's pathetic, drop it.

Double standards.

Also have to say that Djokovic never retired because of "fear of losing". Each time he was either sick or had injury that stopped him from playing.
No you are dead wrong. No one over here was talking about djokovic's timeouts until you come here and start accusing federer with baseless accusations of cheating. Everyone brought djokovic up just to put you in your place. You started this thing, now dont act like the victim. JeMar is right about your double standard. Your precious boys (Nole and the tattoo guy) can never go wrong while Federer and Roddick are responsible for opening Pandora's box. :rolleyes:

JeMar
06-24-2009, 06:10 PM

Double standards.

Yeah, like a sore throat in Monte Carlo. He's a coward.

gj011
06-24-2009, 06:12 PM
No you are dead wrong. No one over here was talking about djokovic's timeouts until you come here and start accusing federer with baseless accusations of cheating. Everyone brought djokovic up just to put you in your place. You started this thing, now dont act like the victim.

Nope you are wrong. It didn't start with this thread. I just brought this up here to expose your double standards. And it worked.

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 06:13 PM
I guess fear of heat counts as an injury now, huh? (AO 09)

JeMar
06-24-2009, 06:14 PM
The guy just has no heart. It's sad really, he's very talented.

gj011
06-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah, like a sore throat in Monte Carlo. He's a coward.

He was sick with Streptococcus infection in MC 2008, he was in bed for several days and on antibiotics after MC. Go and check if you don't believe me.

JeMar
06-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Nope you are wrong. It didn't start with this thread. I just brought this up here to expose your double standards. And it worked.

Do you know how to read? You brought out the time-outs to expose your own double standards. And you're right because it did work.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Nope. You look like a bigger clown now. You are lying through your teeth. You brought up federer's supposed "fake" timeouts and you got put in your place. Its okay, everyone on this thread sees you for what you are: the double standard king.

gj011
06-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Do you know how to read? You brought out the time-outs to expose your own double standards. And you're right because it did work.

Nope you didn't read it properly. Your double standards are exposed.

VivalaVida
this guy is clown man. He is now resorting to total lies. Pathetic :shock:

VivalaVida
Nope you didn't read it properly. My double standards are exposed.

there you go. :mrgreen:

gj011
06-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Nope. You look like a bigger clown now. You are lying through your teeth. You brought up federer's supposed "fake" timeouts and you got put in your place. Its okay, everyone on this thread sees you for what you are: the double standard king.

No, I didn't wrote a single word that is a lie here. You and your friends OTOH...

What did I lie? You are just accusing me point blank with no arguments whatsoever, only because your double standards are exposed.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 06:20 PM
I think gj011 is a very nice and polite person.

I'm sure deep under these argumentative posts he has a warm heart and just wants some love.

Yay! :cry::cry::cry::cry:
okay S, maybe you should post here more often and you will see his true colors. Till then I respect your opinion.

JeMar
06-24-2009, 06:21 PM
He was sick with Streptococcus infection in MC 2008, he was in bed for several days and on antibiotics after MC. Go and check if you don't believe me.

Federer finishes a match with a severe back injury like he did against Murray in the TMC and completes several come-from-behind victories in order to win his 14th grand slam after facing tremendous pressure and huge expectations.

Nadal battles his own body for years in order to achieve what he's achieved.

Agassi pumps cortisone into his knees for the better part of two years in order to compete.

Sampras battles his whole career with a blood disorder, plays through the death of his coach, fights illness in the U.S. Open, wins his 14th major after facing years of questions about his retirement.

Djokovic retires down a set and a break because his throat is sore.

Which one doesn't belong?

Pathetic.

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 06:21 PM
No, I didn't wrote a single word that is a lie here. You and your friends OTOH...

What did I lie? You are just accusing me point blank with no arguments whatsoever, only because your double standards are exposed.
Yes you did. You just got exposed for the millionth time on this forum and you are currently in the denial process. Your double standards are exposed. carry on....

Serendipitous
06-24-2009, 06:22 PM
okay S, maybe you should post here more often and you will see his true colors. Till then I respect your opinion.

Thank you. I respect your opinion as well.

JeMar
06-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Nope you didn't read it properly. Your double standards are exposed.

lol

Basically, "nuh-uh! You are!" Grow up.

egn
06-24-2009, 06:24 PM

No staying and fighting would have not consisted of 5 injury time outs and hell if he retired yea I won't front I will call him out on the retirement slam but hell would it not be a fact. Djokovic quite a lot of matches, yet there is nothing cheap about it and nothing wrong he just quits and most are due to his breathing condition. The problem comes when you go with the he should have won that match crap like you did on Roddick this year and were like if it had not been for the heat. Well sorry that tennis is not played in a consistent warm temperature and that other players are more physically fit to play through all situations. Djokovic has breathing problems, but calling 5 injury timeouts and than saying you know player b is more physically fit and this was the only way you could win against him. You make it sound like he trekked out like a fighter, every time he felt a bit to winded he called for a time out. I first of all was not bringing up his timeouts at all and personally I don't think Djoker is a cheater. He takes too many injury time outs but he does have a health problem. You bring everyone elses timeouts etc. up people are going to throw Djokovic's back at you. Lets put it this way I have no problem with Djokovic and I really hope he gets back into shape and starts winning again as I feel he is a very talented player, I have an issue with him asking for 5 injury time outs in a single match and ruining the momentum of another player who is clearly more physically fit to win it. However the time outs were granted therefore he technically broke no rules same way as Fed's was granted. However if you are going to say Fed cheated well than hell be prepared to take the heat because Djokovic calling multiple time outs to asses a problem that he can not fix on court because it is a health condition where he can't fix it unless he takes long periods of rest, than that is a problem. Professional tennis is about playing a match and part of it is in a timely fashion. You are not allowed to take pauses because you have breathing problems every so often, it is sad that you are not, but that is how it goes. So in reality I have no issue when Djokovic takes one or two because I understand and frankly him taking 4 didn't bother me until his quote. However don't say what he is doing is right and what Fed is doing is wrong. When Fed's allotted injury time out was about 3 minutes and total while Djokovic's 4 problem were longer than a good set or two in that very match.

gj011
06-24-2009, 06:24 PM

LOL he has more posts than you. You should be more open minded for different opinions and stop imagining that Fed is the god almighty that walks the earth and you will see the light eventually.

If you read all my posts on this thread they are all polite and are trying to explain my position with reason and arguments, while you, JeMar and others are insulting and attacking me.

egn
06-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Point us to lies we posted. You just lied right there..I never once insulted you and I do not appreciate being called a liar, I backed all of my arguments up with facts and proper sources.

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
GJ, you called out Serena Williams previously and said she was "faking" a thigh injury in the Miami final, when it was clear she was affected and her thigh was heavily taped. She has a history of playing through injury, as shown in her win over Hantuchova at Wimbledon a few years ago.

Yet, Novak Djokovic has a history of injuries and illness, yet you defend every single one of them as being legit? Serena won a match on one freaking leg at Wimbledon, yet you chastise her for being a faker. Novak retires as soon as he faces any adversity, and you defend him. If that's not a double standard, I don't know what is.

Serendipitous
06-24-2009, 06:27 PM
This is becoming a hilarious thread - gj011 vs. the rest of Talk Tennis.

egn
06-24-2009, 06:29 PM
This is becoming a hilarious thread - gj011 vs. the rest of Talk Tennis.

would you like some popcorn =]

Serendipitous
06-24-2009, 06:30 PM
would you like some popcorn =]

Yes, please.

Thank you.

illuminati
federer = death of tennis

gj011
GJ, you called out Serena Williams previously and said she was "faking" a thigh injury in the Miami final, when it was clear she was affected and her thigh was heavily taped. She has a history of playing through injury, as shown in her win over Hantuchova at Wimbledon a few years ago.

Yet, Novak Djokovic has a history of injuries and illness, yet you defend every single one of them as being legit? Serena won a match on one freaking leg at Wimbledon, yet you chastise her for being a faker. Novak retires as soon as he faces any adversity, and you defend him. If that's not a double standard, I don't know what is.

She hobbled on wrong leg. End of story. Go back and read what people said about that match here. I am not the only one who was under the impression her taped leg was just a stunt.

VivalaVida
LOL he has more posts than you. You should be more open minded for different opinions and stop imagining that Fed is the god almighty that walks the earth and you will see the light eventually.

If you read all my posts on this thread they are all polite and are trying to explain my position with reason and arguments, while you, JeMar and others are insulting and attacking me.
What insults? We are discussing pro tennis and your double standards got exposed. sorry. Carry on with your denial process. You are the only one here who thinks your serbian boys are almighty and incapable of error while federer has opened the pandora's box.

egn
06-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Yes please.

Thank you.

Your welcome.

(i have just become saddened by the fact that there is no popcorn smiley..so let me get my own..)

http://judoforum.com/style_emoticons/default/popcorn.gif

YAY!!

Serendipitous
06-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Your welcome.

(i have just become saddened by the fact that there is no popcorn smiley..so let me get my own..)

http://judoforum.com/style_emoticons/default/popcorn.gif

YAY!!

Thanks! :)

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 06:33 PM
She hobbled on wrong leg. End of story. Go back and read what people said about that match here. I am not the only one who was under the impression her taped leg was just a stunt.

Answer the question, don't just repeat the same lies over and over. Novak retires at the drop of a hat, he's a hero. Serena fights through injury, you call her a faker. Double standard.

She played at Wimbledon vs Hantuchova and won after straining her hamstring. Novak will never do anything half as good as that. He'd have quit as soon as he felt a twinge.

JeMar
06-24-2009, 06:34 PM

I've said nothing to you personally. Your views are so extremely biased and obscured by your love for Djokovic that you can't see the error of your ways. I'm attacking Djokovic's behavior and calling it out on how pathetic it really is.

I've tried to be polite with you, but there's no talking to you. You ignore the points I make and continue to regurgitate the same tired arguments. What double standards, really? You're the first one here that claimed that Federer's time outs or Serena Williams' lost to Azarenka or whatever were gamesmanship, oblivious to the behavior that you exhibit when Djokovic pusses out of yet another match. That's the problem here, and until you see that and fix how you act, I gotta call it how I see it.

abmk
06-24-2009, 06:48 PM
oh talking about "I-retired-due-to-a sore-throat" djokovic and "I-have-never-retired-during-a-match" federer , are we ? :)

GJ's attempts to malign fed and defend djokovic are getting more desperate day by day and we're talking about timeouts and retirements here :rolleyes:

World Beater
06-24-2009, 07:07 PM

owned.

djokovic admits it and has done so on other occasions.

World Beater
06-24-2009, 07:14 PM
everyone knows djokovic is a wuss...roddick called him out, federer, wawrinka, monfils.

its one thing to take one timeout or two and another to have a reputation.

if you aint fit, then dont come onto the court.

djokovic admitted he needed those timouts to win matches...haha...straight from the horses mouth.

gj011
06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
No staying and fighting would have not consisted of 5 injury time outs and hell if he retired yea I won't front I will call him out on the retirement slam but hell would it not be a fact. Djokovic quite a lot of matches, yet there is nothing cheap about it and nothing wrong he just quits and most are due to his breathing condition. The problem comes when you go with the he should have won that match crap like you did on Roddick this year and were like if it had not been for the heat. Well sorry that tennis is not played in a consistent warm temperature and that other players are more physically fit to play through all situations. Djokovic has breathing problems, but calling 5 injury timeouts and than saying you know player b is more physically fit and this was the only way you could win against him. You make it sound like he trekked out like a fighter, every time he felt a bit to winded he called for a time out. I first of all was not bringing up his timeouts at all and personally I don't think Djoker is a cheater. He takes too many injury time outs but he does have a health problem. You bring everyone elses timeouts etc. up people are going to throw Djokovic's back at you. Lets put it this way I have no problem with Djokovic and I really hope he gets back into shape and starts winning again as I feel he is a very talented player, I have an issue with him asking for 5 injury time outs in a single match and ruining the momentum of another player who is clearly more physically fit to win it. However the time outs were granted therefore he technically broke no rules same way as Fed's was granted. However if you are going to say Fed cheated well than hell be prepared to take the heat because Djokovic calling multiple time outs to asses a problem that he can not fix on court because it is a health condition where he can't fix it unless he takes long periods of rest, than that is a problem. Professional tennis is about playing a match and part of it is in a timely fashion. You are not allowed to take pauses because you have breathing problems every so often, it is sad that you are not, but that is how it goes. So in reality I have no issue when Djokovic takes one or two because I understand and frankly him taking 4 didn't bother me until his quote. However don't say what he is doing is right and what Fed is doing is wrong. When Fed's allotted injury time out was about 3 minutes and total while Djokovic's 4 problem were longer than a good set or two in that very match.

This is finally a reasonable, nicely written comment. I disagree with what you say here, explained already several times, but I can respect your opinion when you present it in a nice and constructive way.
While Vivalavida, jbfan and JeMar are trying only to insult and attack me because I see things in a different way than them.

egn
06-24-2009, 07:28 PM
This is finally a reasonable, nicely written comment. I disagree with what you say here, explained already several times, but I can respect your opinion when you present it in a nice and constructive way.
While Vivalavida, jbfan and JeMar are trying only to insult and attack me because I see things in a different way than them.

Thank you. I respect your opinion as well since you usually do present it in a constructive way as well and actually always back them up with facts and true events.

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 07:29 PM
OK then, explain how come you hate Serena Williams and see her as a liar, yet defend Novak? And don't mention your Miami conspiracy theory.

volleynets
06-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Guys discuss what the thread says!!!

So back on topic, Federer and Rafa, Djoko, Murray and maybe even Del Potro are in a much higher level of tennis than the rest of the ATP that is why nobody else really beats Roger that often.

illuminati
06-24-2009, 07:38 PM
federer is a sissy, great player but a real sissy. a sore loser infact. cannot handle defeat as there is no one to massage his ego. ususally the media and *******s do that massaging for him, so he gets the appropriate massaging. what kind of absolute wimp cries in public AFTER DEFEAT! no wait, he didnt cry, he was uncontrollably sobbing, the lips shivering, struggling for breath, eyes red and swollen. its was a pathetic display from a grown man that has had alot of success in the past. the only people that loved it are the weak faint hearted woman that are so gullible in the real world and girly men that are wimpy sissies that are weak and meekly.

what a disgrace federer was to the real male species, made us real men look like wimps. this is what happens when poofters go in public and makes a mess of things, gives a bad name for all males. federer is the biggest poofter ive ever seen, great player, but a real poof.
even mirka was embarrassed, she was covering her mouth in embarrassment. just unbelievable, a little tear after a win is fine and heck im even fine with shedding a little tear out of public spotlight after a tough defeat, but SOBBING AFTER LOSING IN PUBLIC, that is just.......WRONG!!

grow some sack roger, because no matter how many slams u win, u need to be more of a man. and be the one wearing the pants in ur relationship with mirka, not wearing the g-strings mate. because tennis is only few years of ur life and u stop eventually, but being a real man is ur entire life and u dont stop that until u take ur last breath on planet earth!

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 07:40 PM
federer is a sissy, great player but a real sissy. a sore loser infact. cannot handle defeat as there is no one to massage his ego. ususally the media and *******s do that. so he gets the appropriate massaging. what kind of absolute wimp cries in public AFTER DEFEAT! no wait, he wasnt cried, he was uncontrollably sobbing, the lips shivering, struggling for breath, eyes red and swollen. its was a pathetic display from a grown man that has had alot of success in the past. the only people that loved it are the weak faint hearted woman that fall for easy tricks and girly men that are wimpy sissies that weak and meekly.

what a disgrace federer was to the real male species, made us men look like wimps. this is what happens when poofters go on public, gives a bad name for all males. what is the biggest poofter ive ever seen, great player, but a real poof.
even mirka was embarrassed, she was covering her mouth in embarrassment. just unbelievable, a little tear after a win is fine and heck im fine with shedding a little tear out of public spotlight, but SOBBING AFTER LOSING IN PUBLIC, that is just.......WRONG!!

grow some sack roger, because no matter how many slams u win, u need to be more of a man. and be the one wearing the pants in ur relationship with mirka, not wearing the g-strings mate. because tennis is only few years of ur life, being a real man is ur entire life!

Looking at Mirka's big fat pregnant belly I think Roger has more then proved his manhood sucka!!!! :twisted::twisted:

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah what a poofter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7EDb-tPpSw

UsualSuspect
06-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Nice to see you are still here. How have you been? It is former ThugNasty here. :D hopefully we can put all the old stuff behind, eh?

gj011
06-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Nice to see you are still here. How have you been? It is former ThugNasty here. :D hopefully we can put all the old stuff behind, eh?

Hi ThugNasty :) Sure, why not.

Why did you change your account?

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 07:54 PM

You're the biggest Nadal troll on here.

UsualSuspect
06-24-2009, 07:58 PM

. I left because I was really busy with school and stuff so I told the mods to delete my account. I am back now cuz it is summer vacation. Glad you understand man. Those were my trolling days, if you know what I mean. ;)

illuminati
06-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Looking at Mirka's big fat pregnant belly I think Roger has more then proved his manhood sucka!!!! :twisted::twisted:

how do u even know that its federer's kid? by the way roger acts with his crying in public, he could be firing blanks in bed. mirka could have gotten pregnant carrying someone elses assets from the mighty asset bank, so roger and her could bring up a child together. in any case i think mirka could have more trouble with roger's crying that the little baby's. i think the baby will be fine, i think its the big baby that she has to worry about.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 08:17 PM
how do u even know that its federer's kid? by the way roger acts with his crying in public, he could be firing blanks in bed. mirka could have gotten pregnant carrying someone elses assets from the mighty asset bank, so roger and her could bring up a child together. in any case i think mirka could have more trouble with roger's crying that the little baby's. i think the baby will be fine, i think its the big baby that she has to worry about.

And... you sink to new lows. :shock:

Blue Drop
06-24-2009, 08:19 PM

Double standards.

Wow, do you seriously believe all of this rubbish?

Federer has retired from what, ONE match in his whole CAREER? Do you know how many matches Djoko has retired from in his? Take a guess.

In Grand Slams alone, he stands alone. As DEFENDING CHAMPION he bowed out -- and he always quits while TRAILING. So you can say that's not "fear of losing" if you want, but it's that or something worse.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Actually in 805 career matches, Federer has never retired. Only one walkover, last year in Paris.

zagor
06-24-2009, 08:21 PM
federer is a sissy, great player but a real sissy. a sore loser infact. cannot handle defeat as there is no one to massage his ego. ususally the media and *******s do that massaging for him, so he gets the appropriate massaging. what kind of absolute wimp cries in public AFTER DEFEAT! no wait, he didnt cry, he was uncontrollably sobbing, the lips shivering, struggling for breath, eyes red and swollen. its was a pathetic display from a grown man that has had alot of success in the past. the only people that loved it are the weak faint hearted woman that are so gullible in the real world and girly men that are wimpy sissies that are weak and meekly.

what a disgrace federer was to the real male species, made us real men look like wimps. this is what happens when poofters go in public and makes a mess of things, gives a bad name for all males. federer is the biggest poofter ive ever seen, great player, but a real poof.
even mirka was embarrassed, she was covering her mouth in embarrassment. just unbelievable, a little tear after a win is fine and heck im even fine with shedding a little tear out of public spotlight after a tough defeat, but SOBBING AFTER LOSING IN PUBLIC, that is just.......WRONG!!

grow some sack roger, because no matter how many slams u win, u need to be more of a man. and be the one wearing the pants in ur relationship with mirka, not wearing the g-strings mate. because tennis is only few years of ur life and u stop eventually, but being a real man is ur entire life and u dont stop that until u take ur last breath on planet earth!

LOL,Nadal fans sinking to entirely new lows.I would be lying if I said I'm surpised though.

Blue Drop
06-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Actually in 805 career matches, Federer has never retired. Only one walkover, last year in Paris.

Pretty devastating record against Nole, then ... Nole is in the hunt for a Career Grand Slam of Quitting: He's got the Australian (as DEFENDING CHAMPION, so lame), the French, and Wimbledon.

Will he clinch it with this year's US Open? Oh, the suspense!

(And what, pray tell, will GJ summon up to defend his little boy then? Only time will tell.)

<3tennis!!!
06-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Funny, nole never needs a timeout when leading:neutral:

VivalaVida
06-24-2009, 08:32 PM
LOL,Nadal fans sinking to entirely new lows.I would be lying if I said I'm surpised though.
agreed, Zagor. This new clown is absolutely ridiculous.He is disgrace to the h o m o sapien species :lol:

Dark Victory
06-24-2009, 08:38 PM
what kind of absolute wimp cries in public AFTER DEFEAT! no wait, he didnt cry, he was uncontrollably sobbing, the lips shivering, struggling for breath, eyes red and swollen. its was a pathetic display from a grown man that has had alot of success in the past. the only people that loved it are the weak faint hearted woman that are so gullible in the real world and girly men that are wimpy sissies that are weak and meekly.

even mirka was embarrassed, she was covering her mouth in embarrassment. just unbelievable, a little tear after a win is fine and heck im even fine with shedding a little tear out of public spotlight after a tough defeat, but SOBBING AFTER LOSING IN PUBLIC, that is just.......WRONG!!!
I remember Henman saying something about Federer not being afraid to show his emotions. That's understandable, I suppose.

Still, I kinda agree.

Fed sobbed at Wimbledon and he sobbed at Melbourne. And as much as I understand his feelings, I thought it was embarassing. He robbed Nadal's right too to emphatically celebrate. Years from now, when Rafa looks at the tape, he'll be wondering why instead of basking in the glory of winning (it's not everyday you win a GS), there he was downplaying his victory (he wasn't even smiling when he won the final point at RG last year) and comforting Fed (even cradling his head at Wimbledon for god's sake). His moment got muted.

Blue Drop
06-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Funny, nole never needs a timeout when leading:neutral:

EXACTLY.

And for all his quitting, he has NEVER quit while ahead. It's shameful and pathetic.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 08:40 PM
I remember Henman saying something about Federer not being afraid to show his emotions. That's understandable, I suppose.

Still, I kinda agree.

Fed sobbed at Wimbledon and he sobbed at Melbourne. And as much as I understand his feelings, I thought it was embarassing. He robbed Nadal's right too to emphatically celebrate. Years from now, when Rafa looks at the tape, he'll be wondering why instead of basking in the glory of winning (it's not everyday you win a GS), there he was downplaying his victory (he wasn't even smiling when he won the final point at RG last year) and comforting Fed (even cradling his head at Wimbledon for god's sake). His moment got muted.

Oh please, Federer said after 2008 RG "He could have rolled around for 15 minutes for all I cared". Stop your whining, Rafa made his own choices.

illuminati
06-24-2009, 09:30 PM

Still, I kinda agree.

agreed. federer has an incredible jealousy of others having some success. he is the person that is always jealous of others doing well at things. he has runied alot of nadal's moments. federer hates nadal even lifting a small trophy. he hates to see other succeed. nadal wasnt even smiling at the aussie open. and if nadal celebrates a little, he is called showing arrogance or not respect that swiss poofter. nadal is barely allowed to lift a trophy after beating federer above his head before the federer's maggots start saying 'did u see that, did u see this and that, what a heartless person for not consoling big baby roger'. its like nadal is supposed to stand there with a sad face because federer lost, its like someone died during the match.

if nadal even lifts the trophy above his head and smiles for more than 30 seconds, the media, federer maggots, and the crowd will be on his back booing him or character assassinating him.

tennis is in a real sad state, no one is allowed to beat federer, and when someone beats him, they are banned from celebrating.

oh yea, and its compulsory to say at the trophy presentation that federer is the greatest of all time, if u dont do that, u will be abused and harrassed by everyone. and after federer gives his customary H2O, all the attention by fans, media, etc is about federer's H2O, not nadal's or anyother person's victory moment!

illuminati
06-24-2009, 09:40 PM

yep, she sure does need to lose some weight, she is getting way too fat thesedays!

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 09:43 PM
agreed. federer has an incredible jealousy of others having some success. he is the person that is always jealous of others doing well at things. he has runied alot of nadal's moments. federer hates nadal even lifting a small trophy. he hates to see other succeed. nadal wasnt even smiling at the aussie open. and if nadal celebrates a little, he is called showing arrogance or not respect that swiss poofter. nadal is barely allowed to lift a trophy after beating federer above his head before the federer's maggots start saying 'did u see that, did u see this and that, what a heartless person for not consoling big baby roger'. its like nadal is supposed to stand there with a sad face because federer lost, its like someone died during the match.

if nadal even lifts the trophy above his head and smiles for more than 30 seconds, the media, federer maggots, and the crowd will be on his back booing him or character assassinating him.

tennis is in a real sad state, no one is allowed to beat federer, and when someone beats him, they are banned from celebrating.

oh yea, and its compulsory to say at the trophy presentation that federer is the greatest of all time, if u dont do that, u will be abused and harrassed by everyone. and after federer gives his customary H2O, all the attention by fans, media, etc is about federer's H2O, not nadal's or anyother person's victory moment!

I'm sensing extreme bitterness, do you need a biting towel?

illuminati
06-24-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm sensing extreme bitterness, do you need a biting towel?

not bitterness, just let the opponent celebrate his victory without spoiling it for them.

joeri888
06-24-2009, 10:20 PM
This is a dumb thread, should have been closed a long time ago. There's no proof Fed's road will be easy here, and even if it was he always makes for great entertainment. Nadal is not needed to have a great wimbledon. He played ONE entertaining match last year, and at least 5 that were boring as hell

imjimmy
06-24-2009, 11:02 PM

+1 10 Chars

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Nobody makes a 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 match fun like Federer when he's in "funhouse mode".

msc886
06-24-2009, 11:06 PM

Del Potro got into major problems because of his toe nails.

msc886
06-24-2009, 11:26 PM

GJ's logic. It's only ok when Djokovic uses medical timeouts other players use it as gamesmanship.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Life was better in 2006, when Fed went 92-5.

ChanceEncounter
06-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Life was better in 2006, when Fed went 92-5.
Shame on him for losing 5 matches.

jelle v
06-25-2009, 01:06 AM

Exactly.. I can watch a rerun of Federer beating a guy ranked 200 6-0 6-0 6-0 even when I've already seen the match. Federer's game is just so good to watch that it actually never bores me.

LeChef
01-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah, maybe if he were in the WTA.

Hey, if both Novak and Rafa moved to WTA, would that save women's tennis?

What do you think?