PDA

View Full Version : How good is Victoria Azarenka?

Dutch-Guy
06-24-2009, 10:54 AM
She routed Olaru Raluca(from Romania)6-0,6-0 in like 40-44 minutes and 'll face Serena in QF.Some people said she 'd have beaten Serena in AO(QF) if she didn't have food poisoning.
So my question is:how good is she?
How do you think she'll make it in this tourny?

Claudius
06-24-2009, 10:56 AM
She's very good. IMO, Serena will be the underdog.

Dutch-Guy
06-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Me too.That's the match i'm looking foward to.I expect Rena to win but the score line 'd be very close.

gj011
06-24-2009, 11:03 AM
She humiliated Serena in Miami.
The result here will be the same if they both make it to the SF.

skip1969
06-24-2009, 11:04 AM
we she's good, she's good. but when she's bad . . . she's a little devil! ;)

Dutch-Guy
06-24-2009, 11:15 AM
She humiliated Serena in Miami.
Serena was clearly injuried.Her right thigh was tapped.
The result here will be the same
I don't know about that.This is grass and Rena is not injuried...
if they both make it to the SF.
They 'd meet in QF if they both make it that far.

rod99
06-24-2009, 11:43 AM

she is very good and i hope she beats serena. however, you're clueless if you think that serena will be the underdog.

flying24
06-24-2009, 11:58 AM
she is very good and i hope she beats serena. however, you're clueless if you think that serena will be the underdog.

I agree. Way too soon to start proclaiming Azarenka the favorite over Serena anywhere. The only people favored over Serena anywhere today are a handful of women on clay (Azarenka not one of them) and Venus on grass.

cknobman
06-24-2009, 12:10 PM
How bad is Victoria Azarenka?

I dont know but Id sure like to find out!:wink:

Serendipitous
06-24-2009, 01:06 PM
How bad is Victoria Azarenka?

I dont know but Id sure like to find out!:wink:

HAHAHAHAHHAHA :):)

crazysoccer00
06-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Personally, I think she's the best looking girl on WTA

Bloodshed
06-24-2009, 01:12 PM

Really?

Dulko? Wozniacki? Kirilenko? Bondarenko sisters?

Man she's pretty but not the holy grail of hot WTA players.

crazysoccer00
06-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Exactly the reason for the first word of my post...

Cesc Fabregas
06-24-2009, 01:42 PM
She's second tier in the looks department with the likes of Cirstea and Cornet.

gj011
06-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Serena was clearly injuried.Her right thigh was tapped.

I don't know about that.This is grass and Rena is not injuried...

They 'd meet in QF if they both make it that far.

Sure, sure, Serena was injured and playing only at 3%. If she could only managed to summon 7 or 8% of her best she would have beaten Azarenka easily. :roll:

Get real, there was nothing wrong with Serena in Miami, she got destroyed fair and square. Tapped thigh was just a cover up.

And yes, QF not SF.

gj011
06-24-2009, 04:45 PM

Her nose is what is stopping her to be the best looking.

Kirilenko, Ivanovic and several others are above her.

JeMar
06-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Sure, sure, Serena was injured and playing only at 3%. If she could only managed to summon 7 or 8% of her best she would have beaten Azarenka easily. :roll:

Get real, there was nothing wrong with Serena in Miami, she got destroyed fair and square. Tapped thigh was just a cover up.

And yes, QF not SF.

Why do you not question when your little tennis idols take what everyone else regards as fake injury time outs, but someone else does it, you're not above questioning their motives?

gj011
06-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Why do you not question when your little tennis idols take what everyone else regards as fake injury time outs, but someone else does it, you're not above questioning their motives?

What are you talking about? Serena never took an injury timeout in the Miami final this year. Please check the facts first before falsely accusing fellow posters of something that is not correct.

NadalandFedererfan
06-24-2009, 05:23 PM

And yes, QF not SF.

You obviously did not see the Miami final. I dont even like Serena and was rooting for Azarenka but it was obvious even to a blind man that Serena was injured as she was having trouble moving and almost hobbled at times. I am not saying she would have neccessarily won even healthy, we will never know, but Azarenka fully deserved her win that day. Still Serena was also clearly injured, and certainly not faking an injury. You either didnt see the match or your dislike for Serena overcomes any shread of objectivity in this case.

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
What are you talking about? Serena never took an injury timeout in the Miami final this year. Please check the facts first before falsely accusing fellow posters of something that is not correct.

Stop it. Every single report had Serena's injury as a factor in the outcome of the match. Taking nothing away from Vika, but if Serena was not injured, it would've been a closer match. Vika may have still won, but to say Serena wasn't hurt is just ignorant and wrong.

Ripster
06-24-2009, 05:28 PM
She's damn good. After the Williams sisters, I'd actually put her as third favourite.

NadalandFedererfan
06-24-2009, 05:31 PM
I think she is a definite future multiple slam winner. She has the game and she has that "it" factor. Who knows her first might come right here at this years Wimbledon. I wouldnt say she is the favorite but I defintiely think she has a shot. Probably the best shot of anyone to take down the Williams here.

gj011
06-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Stop it. Every single report had Serena's injury as a factor in the outcome of the match. Taking nothing away from Vika, but if Serena was not injured, it would've been a closer match. Vika may have still won, but to say Serena wasn't hurt is just ignorant and wrong.

Of course all the media reported it. That was the idea.

Come on. It was obvious. Her movement was never affected during the important points.
She even hobbled on the wrong leg couple of times, totally confusing the commentators.
She was fine in the SF and than suddenly she came with some phantom tape on her leg for the final.

dadozen
06-24-2009, 05:35 PM

Kirilenko is waaaaaaaaay hotter than her:D

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 05:36 PM
You need to get your head checked, my man. All these crazy conspiracy theories you come up with are getting out of hand. So she faked an injury b/c she wasn't confident she'd beat Azarenka, then lost badly by not trying, is that what you're saying?

Ripster
06-24-2009, 05:36 PM

Come on. It was obvious. Her movement was never affected during the important points.
She even hobbled on the wrong leg couple of times, totally confusing the commentators.
She was fine in the SF and than suddenly she came with some phantom tape on her leg for the final.

Tape or no tape Azarenka crushed Serena in that match. She was in the process of crushing her in Australia too but unfortunately was forced to retire. I think if they meet in the quarterfinals that Azarenka can beat Williams (again).

NadalandFedererfan
06-24-2009, 05:38 PM
You need to get your head checked, my man. All these crazy conspiracy theories you come up with are getting out of hand. So she faked an injury b/c she wasn't confident she'd beat Azarenka, then lost badly by not trying, is that what you're saying?

Serena isnt scared of anyone. She wasnt scared of legends like Graf and Seles when she played them as a 16 year old. To suggest she was so intimidated by Azarenka she would prepare her excuse in advance for losing the match, and resign herself to losing by giving no effort to not give away her faked injury, is simply ridiculous. The Williams do have alot of questionable injuries but those are the ones to pull out of lesser tournaments that they just arent commited enough to want to play that many of.

JeMar

http://publicintellectual.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/tin-foil-hat.jpg

Paranoid much?

gj011

No she tried, I never said she didn't really try. If she won "injured" she would be Carillo's and Mary-Joe's hero yet again.
However she was unable to do anything against better player.
As I said, her movement during points was never affected until match was practically over.

Why would she hobble on the wrong leg?

Serena knows she would have lost their match in AO if Azarenka was not ill, hence the "precautionary measures" in Miami.

NadalandFedererfan
06-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Tape or no tape Azarenka crushed Serena in that match. She was in the process of crushing her in Australia too but unfortunately was forced to retire. I think if they meet in the quarterfinals that Azarenka can beat Williams (again).

Yeah I agree that she has a real shot. It is too bad she got ill in that Aussie Open match. I am not saying I know what would have happened but it would have been great to see it play out until the end.

THUNDERVOLLEY
06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
You either didnt see the match or your dislike for Serena overcomes any shread of objectivity in this case.

True, but if anyone says a single critical word about the talent-challenged hacks Ivanovic and Jankovic, and a certain someone will go into overdrive with reactionary posts.

NadalandFedererfan
06-24-2009, 05:46 PM
True, but if anyone says a single critical word about the talent-challenged hacks Ivanovic and Jankovic, and a certain someone will go into overdrive with reactionary posts.

Jankovic is the worst #1 ever. I have never seen a #1 with so many holes in her game- weak serve, awful forehand, awful net game, no heart in the clutch, no transition game. I am bewildered how she has ever achieved what she has so far. I dont see her ever winning a slam.

Ivanovic? She has a great forehand but not much else. I am not sure she will ever win another slam. She just doesnt impress me much more either.

If those comments offend anyone well too bad. They are the truth. If they are a big part of the future of womens tennis then I dread for the future of womens tennis.

jimbo333
06-24-2009, 06:23 PM
we she's good, she's good. but when she's bad . . . she's a little devil! ;)

She winked at me on Monday:twisted:

(To be honest, it could have been any of about 5 of us in the front row, or all of us)

oy vey
06-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Azarenka will win although I would like to see JJ or Kuzzy win.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Jankovic is the worst #1 ever. I have never seen a #1 with so many holes in her game- weak serve, awful forehand, awful net game, no heart in the clutch, no transition game. I am bewildered how she has ever achieved what she has so far. I dont see her ever winning a slam.

Ivanovic? She has a great forehand but not much else. I am not sure she will ever win another slam. She just doesnt impress me much more either.

If those comments offend anyone well too bad. They are the truth. If they are a big part of the future of womens tennis then I dread for the future of womens tennis.

She WAS the worst #1 ever. Thankfully she's dropping like a rock in the rankings along with her compatriot Djokovic.

FedFan_2009
06-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Kuzzy will win because she is *******.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/198/21cf2.png

NickH87
06-24-2009, 09:07 PM
I dont mind her moans on the court, they are hot hahaha

Bud
06-24-2009, 10:14 PM
She routed Olaru Raluca(from Romania)6-0,6-0 in like 40-44 minutes and 'll face Serena in QF.Some people said she 'd have beaten Serena in AO(QF) if she didn't have food poisoning.
So my question is:how good is she?
How do you think she'll make it in this tourny?

I think grass is Vikas second best surface... after watching this match. I think it could even become her best surface if she was willing to serve and volley more. She's won a number of GS mixed doubles titles and made it to a couple GS finals. She has the talent to play at net but she's a baseliner at heart.

When Az is on fire... as in this match... she's unbeatable.

Bud
06-24-2009, 10:16 PM

I too think Serena will be the underdog in their matchup... assuming they both make it through.

Vika has Serena's number.

thalivest
06-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Serena won one match where Viki was injured/sick, and Viki won one when Serena was injured. Too early to say which player has the edge in this matchup, let alone one having the others "number", but with little to go by the benefit of doubt should go to the 10 time slam champion, especialy in a major.

Bud
06-24-2009, 10:19 PM
I think she is a definite future multiple slam winner. She has the game and she has that "it" factor. Who knows her first might come right here at this years Wimbledon. I wouldnt say she is the favorite but I defintiely think she has a shot. Probably the best shot of anyone to take down the Williams here.

I agree.

I'm hoping for a 3V (Venus v. Victoria) final :grin:

(you heard the here first, folks) :wink:

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't think Vika has her number. If anything Serena has the mental edge, seeing how Vika idolizes (at least she says) Serena. The Williams Sisters still have somewhat of a mental edge over most of the girls they step on court with, b/c most of them grew up watching the Williamses.

Vika definetly has a shot, but I still don't think she has quite the confidence on grass against Serena as she does on HC.

thalivest
06-24-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't think Vika has her number. If anything Serena has the mental edge, seeing how Vika idolizes (at least she says) Serena. The Williams Sisters still have somewhat of a mental edge over most of the girls they step on court with, b/c most of them grew up watching the Williamses.

Vika definetly has a shot, but I still don't think she has quite the confidence on grass against Serena as she does on HC.

That being said I dont think Viki is a mental chump like most of the other top women today. Alot of the Williams mental edge is that most of the top women today are scared choking dogs, one reason the womens game is so bad today. I dont think Viki is that, and it is one reason I think she is a bigger threat to them then nearly anyone else.

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 10:33 PM
True. I don't see her as that either. Just saying she's not as comfortable on grass vs Serena as she is on the HC vs Serena.

thalivest
06-24-2009, 10:37 PM
True. I don't see her as that either. Just saying she's not as comfortable on grass vs Serena as she is on the HC vs Serena.

I would probably agree with that. Hard to say as she is so new, we are still learning about her. I think grass could end up being a very good surface for her, with clay being clearly her weakest, yet she still almost beat Safina in the quarters of the French when Safina was in her "destroy" mode rather her finals "choke" mode. Heck she might have won the French had she gotten through that. I think Serena while great on grass is also clearly better on hard courts than grass too.