PDA

View Full Version : Why bash wimbledon?

samprasvsfederer123
06-24-2009, 04:27 PM
so many people saying wimbledon is boring and useless without nadal, i mean hes not the only guy, i mean if you really want to see nadal vs federer or the same guy winning, everytime now that would be boring, and i think that most of the people that think that one event is less important than a player is a mark, i mean john mecenroe said in federer's wimbledon first round on monday, that when he was out for 2 straight years, in french open he was all like saying how can they continue wihtout me, but soon he realized that the who dam atp doesnt reveovle aorund him, geez.... lol

skip1969
06-24-2009, 04:30 PM
i think it's the inevitable fallout of the early nadal rg exit plus his wimby withdrawl due to injury. some people need to keep him in the consciousness of the board, even though he'll be absent from the tour for weeks.

jamesblakefan#1
06-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah, we all know Wimbledon is really suffering because BLAKE IS OUT!

Just me? Ok...

But to the OP's point, I don't think these people can really be great tennis fans if one player leaves and they're giving up watching. it's just disappointing that people on here, some of them, never seem to enjoy watching tennis, just like all the so called trash talk and name calling that comes along w/ the tennis. I don't think they miss Nadal, they just miss the chance to gloat after every Nadal win. I'm sure it'd be the same if Fed somehow had to miss Wimby, so it's a 2 way street.

samprasvsfederer123
06-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, we all know Wimbledon is really suffering because BLAKE IS OUT!

Just me? Ok...

But to the OP's point, I don't think these people can really be great tennis fans if one player leaves and they're giving up watching. it's just disappointing that people on here, some of them, never seem to enjoy watching tennis, just like all the so called trash talk and name calling that comes along w/ the tennis. I don't think they miss Nadal, they just miss the chance to gloat after every Nadal win. I'm sure it'd be the same if Fed somehow had to miss Wimby, so it's a 2 way street.

ahaha you put this becaus eof the safin post i posted didnt u

samprasvsfederer123
06-24-2009, 04:42 PM
i mean your qoute, and really henin?