PDA

View Full Version : anybody here takes ocuvis........???

tnkGod4tns
04-07-2004, 12:25 AM
just reading the latest tennis magazine, and on page 113 they have an article about this supplement called ocuvis, it's suppose to help your eyes natural receptors and make it much easier to focus and lock in on targets, i guess it makes you hit the ball better and hit your targets accurately. If anyone uses this where do u get it?does it really work?and how much?

Phil
04-07-2004, 03:46 AM
I never heard of it, but my Bullsh*t Radar is taking some hits on that one. If it's like 98% of the supplements that are on the market, it doesn't work a lick. Don't waste your money on useless garbage. Take a decent brand (not a cheap "off" brand) multi-vitamin/mineral, fish oil and eat a balanced diet, and your eyes and every other part of you will receive all the nutritional supplementation that you possibly need.

Audiodude
04-07-2004, 06:00 PM
It wasn't an article. It was an advertisement written to look like an article.

v9989888
04-09-2004, 09:32 AM
I haven't taken Ocuvis myself, but others have told me that the difference is next to nothing, or even hinders your playing ability. It's funny, because if you do an internet search on 'Ocuvis', pretty much nothing relevant is returned, except some obscure European pharmaceutical sites. Therefore, I'm deducing that the ad is, to a significant degree, phony. I mean, come on, Chris Lukens??? Do an internet search on him and see what comes up!

VTL
04-09-2004, 11:12 AM
trust yours eyes

VTL
04-09-2004, 11:12 AM
but not everything you see

conner's phan
04-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Well, I don't claim to be an expert when it comes to vitamin supplements, but I think that Ocuvis is pretty good. There are some products out there that are really expensive, but this one's only about a buck a day and I only have to take one a day. Some days it's a little hard to get to the courts until it's already dusk and beginning to get dark. On the bottle I got it said there is a bilberry extract in it. I looked some facts up on bilberry and it looks like it's supposed to help with night vision, which it seems to have done. It isn't an overnight transformation, but I've started to see some improvements. Seems like it's hard to find things about Ocuvis on the web, but I got some more info. when I called 877-677-3937....they helped by telling me about it...they know way more than I do about supplements. Hope I keep seeing some improvements.

Tchocky
04-21-2006, 08:27 AM
I take Ocuvite which is a vitamin supplement for your eyes. It contains Lutein which has been shown to improve eyesight. I'm a heavy smoker which is really bad for your eyes.

scotus
04-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Lutein has worked great for my entire family. The only thing you have to watch out for is that the amount of Lutein contained in most multi-vitammins is almost non-existent. If you are a first-time Lutein user, I would recommend going with at least 20mg/pill to see any kind of result. After you see an initial improvement, you would need to talk to your doctor to see if an ongoing daily intake of 20+ mg of Lutein would have any side-effects. You may need to cut down on the doses.

The best Lutein supplement I have taken contained 40 mg of Lutein and also a significant amount of billberry.

tonyjh63
04-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Scotus, what kind of improvement are we talking about here? Better focus, better tracking ability, better night vision?

scotus
04-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, I am certainly not saying it will make the blind see or help you get rid of your glasses for good.

For me personally, my astigmatism was getting worse from too much reading and computer-viewing, and after a few weeks of taking Lutein, it came back to the point where I did not need a new prescription. But I still wear corrective lenses.

Another member of my family is suffering from just old-age-related vision problems, and she loved the bottle I got for her so much that she went out and got some more Lutein on her own. I have not asked her for specifics, but you can try it out if you want. I'm sure it works for some people and not for others.

conner's phan
04-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Well I found out why it's so hard to find out anything about Ocuvis. When I talked to one of the sales reps. they told me that Ocuvis recently merged with Pacific Health, so they are supplying Ocuvis now...who isn't merging these days? Their sight is pretty nice... www.pachealth.com . Anyways I'm taking it now and I hope I continue to receive gains from it.