PDA

View Full Version : first pair of tennis shoes.

Arzon
06-24-2009, 05:28 PM
No, I haven't been wearing flipflops to play tennis all my life.
It's going to be my first pair of actual tennis shoes.

I usually owned a $50 pair of running Nike's for everything I do. Tennis, school, work, even church sometimes. I would wear them for 6 months, then wash, dry and wear again. Had them for about 1.5 years now. I've recently been told though that using running shoes for tennis is a bad idea, since running shoes only support forward and backward motion.

I'm looking for a tennis shoe that perferably isn't over $75, but has to last at least a year. I would perfer also that it isn't just a white pair of shoes with a small logo the size of a paperclip. I would like it to have some aesthetic sensibillity. durability is my highest priority though. I need them to last as least as long as my $50 pair of shoes.

I am a 3.5 all court player. Regular pronated foot and always plays on hard court, except on rare occasions in select away matches.

Thanks!!

EDIT: I'm liking these two shoes if anyone has opinion on these:
Reebok rematch black and white
Adidas triad 3

mzshot
06-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey Arzon,
I suggest you take a look at the adidas Tirand III (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSADIDAS-AMT2WBK.html)
It looks nice and last me for a good ~8 months with about 6 hours of tennis per week. Also, it is only 50 bucks.

Arzon
06-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey Arzon,
I suggest you take a look at the adidas Tirand III (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSADIDAS-AMT2WBK.html)
It looks nice and last me for a good ~8 months with about 6 hours of tennis per week. Also, it is only 50 bucks.

Lasted as in burned a hole in the sole or the friction on the bottom is kinda worn out?

nocompromise2009
06-24-2009, 07:02 PM
ive actually been looking for a pair of tennis shoes too. im do the same thing as you buy $50 nike running shoes and use them for everything. i do like the adidas shoes that mzshot told you about...hopefully my interview with adidas goes well tommorrow and i could get them discounted maybe

mzshot
06-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Lasted as in burned a hole in the sole or the friction on the bottom is kinda worn out?

The friction of the shoe bottom got pretty worn out.
No holes in the sole nor the shoe itself.

The_Question
06-25-2009, 08:26 AM
I too have Tirend III. It is very well cushion in the heel, but lacks forefoot stability. I twisted my ankle a few times. Outsole durability is good, but if you have toe drag problems or frequently slides, the upper material wears out pretty fast.

I would recommend for your use, Nike Breathe Cage I. It's less than $50 at your local Nike Outlet stores. It offers good stability and durability...

LetFirstServe
06-25-2009, 01:13 PM
I wear cross trainers. If I played 1-2 more times a week then I would get the "actual".

scraps234
06-25-2009, 02:44 PM
ive actually been looking for a pair of tennis shoes too. im do the same thing as you buy $50 nike running shoes and use them for everything. i do like the adidas shoes that mzshot told you about...hopefully my interview with adidas goes well tommorrow and i could get them discounted maybe

yep i agree... the tirands III should work because they are 50$ and they are the actual tennis shoe and not running shoe... btw nice avatar

Gorecki
06-26-2009, 04:21 PM
since you made a pair of running shoes last you that long, you are not much of a grinder (my guess), so durability will not be much of a issue, but still i could say the Babolat Team All court would suit you if you dont mind the extra weight...

alternatively you can try Wilson trance all court...