PDA

View Full Version : Slow Wimbledon Courts?

RafaN RichardG
06-25-2009, 06:10 AM
the commentators always complain/comment on how slow the courts there are compared to how they used to be
my feelings are yeah theyre slowed down, but i think its ridiculous to say that its almost as slow as the french open (mary jo fernandez just said that 5 mins ago during the venus match thats on now), or even a hard court
Are the courts really that slowed down to the point theyre even as slow as a hard court, i think theres a bit of exaggeration, what do you think?

EDIT: haha oh my god, i just realized theres another thread about this
someone delete this

Nadal_Freak
06-25-2009, 06:25 AM
ESPN is a joke. Unfortunately, the biased commentators bring out the same biased posters that will fight until the end saying the grass is like clay. I use my eyes to analyze the surfaces. Yes it is not as fast as at one time but I still think it's the fastest surface.

Cenc
06-25-2009, 09:05 AM
ESPN is a joke. Unfortunately, the biased commentators bring out the same biased posters that will fight until the end saying the grass is like clay. I use my eyes to analyze the surfaces. Yes it is not as fast as at one time but I still think it's the fastest surface.

ur eyes > actual data...
ok...

Brned
06-25-2009, 10:03 AM

Do you have an eye or a brain problem?

cknobman
06-25-2009, 10:11 AM
I was watching ESPN this morning and they were comparing DelPos shots at the FO to Wimby and it was clear that his FO shots where moving through the court just as fast if not faster than at Wimby. The commentators also noticed as well and said something about it.