PDA

View Full Version : Cahill is now just getting annoying.

ESP#1
06-25-2009, 02:25 PM
This guy just came out and said that djokovic will lose to fish. Pretty brash I think i mean I dont remember the last time Fish made a run at Wimbledon. I mean I think i needs to show a bit of respect to the only guy besides nadal and fed to win a slam in the 4 years or whatever it is.

shadows
06-25-2009, 02:26 PM
it's not brash, it's a fairly decent bet if you've watched either of them play this tourny.

skip1969
06-25-2009, 02:28 PM
so cahill is just getting annoying? welcome to my world, playa.

behold, villager . . . the awesome power of mute!

woodrow1029
Fish is playing really well and Djokovic hasn't been playing his best tennis of late. I don't think it's a brash statement.

ESP#1
it's not brash, it's a fairly decent bet if you've watched either of them play this tourny.

Its the way he said it. he wasnt favoring fish he was certain of it

All-rounder
06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Fish is playing really well and Djokovic hasn't been playing his best tennis of late. I don't think it's a brash statement.
I don't think he has to play his best tennis to beat fish

ESP#1
06-25-2009, 02:30 PM

Thank you, my sentiments exactly

BigServer1
06-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Djokovic is getting hated on hardcore by the media in this tournament...

I think he's got a SF run in him, and I think he'll be playing better tennis for the rest of this year. I don't see him beating Federer at Wimbledon, but I think he'll be a force at the US Open.

shadows
06-25-2009, 02:33 PM

The problem is that he's been playing some of his worst tennis in the last year or so here.

I'm not kidding, gj011 will agree (if he pops by) that Noles game is sadly passive, and lacking any real spark on the grass right now :(

Blinkism
06-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I was surprised that Cahill said it so assertively...

JeMar
06-25-2009, 02:34 PM
It's funny how everyone loved him on this board until he said one thing they didn't like. The guy is giving you his point of view, which is what he is paid for. He doesn't have to come out and give everyone their due if he doesn't feel they deserve it. Fish has been playing well, has a game that's very well-suited for grass (even moreso than Djokovic's), and Djokovic hasn't been playing well and seems like he hasn't gotten over the clay. Get over it.

All-rounder
06-25-2009, 02:37 PM
The problem is that he's been playing some of his worst tennis in the last year or so here.

I'm not kidding, gj011 will agree (if he pops by) that Noles game is sadly passive, and lacking any real spark on the grass right now :(
Well grass is his worst surface by far it seems he can't get to grips with the green stuff

theduh
06-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Nothing wrong with what Darren has to say. Everyone has their own opinion.

Dutch-Guy
06-25-2009, 02:38 PM
What are Fish's credentials on grass? How far has he ever made it at Wimby.
Nole 'll fry Fish tomorrow...hopefully.

NamRanger
06-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Djokovic was playing very well in 2008 and had alot of trouble and very damn well lost to Fish at Indian Wells.

A. Djokovic is low on confidence
B. Fish is playing very well
C. It's grass, one of Fish's best surfaces, and Djokovic's worst
D. Their past matches have been very close

I don't think it's such a bad prediction TBH.

ESP#1
06-25-2009, 02:39 PM
It's funny how everyone loved him on this board until he said one thing they didn't like. The guy is giving you his point of view, which is what he is paid for. He doesn't have to come out and give everyone their due if he doesn't feel they deserve it. Fish has been playing well, has a game that's very well-suited for grass (even moreso than Djokovic's), and Djokovic hasn't been playing well and seems like he hasn't gotten over the clay. Get over it.

You seem more annoyed at my thread than I am at his comments im just a person stating my opinion also so why dont you follow your on advice

Get over it

35ft6
06-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Fish is very capable of beating top 10 players on grass. I was thinking the same thing tracking the draw, that Fish could take Novak out.

zagor
06-25-2009, 02:45 PM
This guy just came out and said that djokovic will lose to fish. Pretty brash I think i mean I dont remember the last time Fish made a run at Wimbledon. I mean I think i needs to show a bit of respect to the only guy besides nadal and fed to win a slam in the 4 years or whatever it is.

I don't think that's such a brash and bold prediction to be honest,I'd also say Fish has chance at an upset.Novak was playing very passive and defensive in the first 2 rounds and that might not put him in trouble against Fish who played some excellent all-court tennis against Tipsa(who isn't a slouch on grass).

I'm still favouring Novak to win but IMO he'll need to raise his level of play from what he's shown this tournament so far for Fish.

OrangeOne
06-25-2009, 02:47 PM
. I mean I think i needs to show a bit of respect to the only guy besides nadal and fed to win a slam in the 4 years or whatever it is.

What is the modern 'show respect' to rubbish?

He's just giving an opinion on a tennis match outcome, he's not talking about anyone's mum.

BMG
06-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Nothing wrong with what Darren has to say. Everyone has their own opinion.

Exactly. It is actually refreshing that someone has the stones to say what he believes even though it might not be the majority view.

ESP#1
06-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Exactly. It is actually refreshing that someone has the stones to say what he believes even though it might not be the majority view.

Like I said its the way he came off, dismissing Novak completely. My point is Novak can step it up easily, we all know he was the game to beat anyone

To dismiss Novak with such certainty in my eyes is disrespect, if it was just a prediction I would've cared.

OrangeOne
06-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Like I said its the way he came off, dismissing Novak completely. My point is Novak can step it up easily, we all know he was the game to beat anyone

To dismiss Novak with such certainty in my eyes is disrespect, if it was just a prediction I would've cared.

It's not disrespect :confused:. Again, it's an opinion on a tennis match, and that's all.

Anyways - those in the media (even loosely) can't go around saying "sorta maybe" and expect to get published. Bold, confident. If he's wrong, no-one cares, if he's right, he gets more coverage.

ESP#1
06-25-2009, 03:07 PM
It's not disrespect :confused:. Again, it's an opinion on a tennis match, and that's all.

Anyways - those in the media (even loosely) can't go around saying "sorta maybe" and expect to get published. Bold, confident. If he's wrong, no-one cares, if he's right, he gets more coverage.

Did you even see the coverage? You can make a prediction without sounding so arrogant, after all isnt winning and losing circmstantial, ie "if Novak plays the way he has been playing the first couple rounds I like Fishs chances" "Novak is going to have to step it up to have a chance against fish" " considering the way they are both playing im picking marty" something like that wouldve been cool

zagor
06-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Did you even see the coverage? You can make a prediction without sounding so arrogant, after all isnt winning and losing circmstantial, ie "if Novak plays the way he has been playing the first couple rounds I like Fishs chances" "Novak is going to have to step it up to have a chance against fish" " considering the way they are both playing im picking marty" something like that wouldve been cool

Well what were Cahill's exact words then? I mean I'm from Serbia and I want Novak to win but I think there's a chance for an upset.

ESP#1
06-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Well what were Cahill's exact words then? I mean I'm from Serbia and I want Novak to win but I think there's a chance for an upset.

Man I cant remember exactly but he just came off like jerk, i agree there is a chance he could be upset but there is also a chance he can win the whole thing, i mean he does have the talent, thats no question

P_Agony
06-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't know...I don't see Fish being consistent enough for Djokovic. He might win a set, but I still think Djokovic will win. But who knows, Fish might pull a Safin and win in straights.

vbranis
06-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Cahill just stated his opinion, it wasn't disrespectful at all. He's the best commentator from the ESPN crew anyway.

BTW, I thought his reaction to the "Big Babe Tennis" segment was hilarious.:)

zagor
06-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Man I cant remember exactly but he just came off like jerk, i agree there is a chance he could be upset but there is also a chance he can win the whole thing, i mean he does have the talent, thats no question

Of course,it's possible that Novak steps it up tomorrow and crushes Fish in straights,I mean he's a top 5 player and a slam winner.However given that Novak's form has been really shaky lately,that grass is his worst surface and that Fish has played some quality tennis in the first rounds it's certainly not the worst prediction I've heard.

gj011
06-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Djokovic was playing very well in 2008 and had alot of trouble and very damn well lost to Fish at Indian Wells.

A. Djokovic is low on confidence
B. Fish is playing very well
C. It's grass, one of Fish's best surfaces, and Djokovic's worst
D. Their past matches have been very close

I don't think it's such a bad prediction TBH.

You got it mixed up. Djokovic didn't lose to Fish in IW 2008. It was Federer.

This being said, if Djokovic does not wake up, he will be in trouble against Fish.

I do not pay attention to what clowns from ESPN have to say.

zagor
06-25-2009, 03:24 PM
You got it mixed up. Djokovic didn't lose to Fish in IW 2008. It was Federer.

This being said, if Djokovic does not wake up, he will be in trouble against Fish.

He didn't say Novak lost to Fish in IW 2008,he said he had a lot of trouble with him.The match went to 3 sets and If I remember correctly Fish had 3 BPs at the beginning of the 3d set which Novak saved with some clutch serving Sampras-like so Fish did give him some trouble certainly althought that was on HC obviously not on grass.

gj011
06-25-2009, 03:27 PM
He didn't say Novak lost to Fish in IW 2008,he said he had a lot of trouble with him.The match went to 3 sets and If I remember correctly Fish had 3 BPs at the beginning of the 3d set which Novak saved with some clutch serving Sampras-like so Fish did give him some trouble certainly althought that was on HC obviously not on grass.

So what does this mean:

and very damn well lost to Fish at Indian Wells.

Maybe it is my English, but I read this as "He lost to Fish in IW".

zagor
06-25-2009, 03:30 PM
So what does this mean:

From what I know "Very damn well lost" means was very close to losing not that he lost.It's a phrase.

angharad
06-25-2009, 03:42 PM

They seemed kind of pressed for time at that point, as it was one of the last questions Carillo asked and it was in the last minute or two of coverage. He responded to Carillo's last question with a single word. With more time I could see him (along with the other commentators) putting together more complete opinions.

TennisandMusic
06-25-2009, 03:49 PM
From what I know "Very damn well lost" means was very close to losing not that he lost.It's a phrase.

The phrase would be "damn near lost." What he said was saying he lost basically. But I think it was worded in such a way that you could see he meant "almost", just a little confusing.

NamRanger
06-25-2009, 03:53 PM
So what does this mean:

I forgot the near part, my bad.

Truth is though, if Djokovic had trouble breaking Benneteau's serve, what makes you think he's even going to touch Fish's.

Morrissey
06-25-2009, 04:10 PM

Oh, don't say that, because someone in here will come after you and call you the same thing.

zagor
06-26-2009, 12:13 AM
The phrase would be "damn near lost." What he said was saying he lost basically. But I think it was worded in such a way that you could see he meant "almost", just a little confusing.

You're right it's damn well near lost,my mistake.

The bold part sums up what NamRanger really meant to say IMO.

Ljubicic for number1
06-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Nothing wrong with that comment, I am a Novak fan but think he might struggle against the Fish. He will need to be a lot more aggressive than his previous rounds to get through.

Tennis_Bum
06-26-2009, 12:33 AM

Don't get so upset. Cahill simply gave his opinion. If you want rational, Fish is dangerous player, especially on fast surface. His game is actually on right at this moment. Whereas, Djoko is actually struggling with this game. Of course, by this time tomorrow, we will know for sure.

But if I am betting, I will bet Fish to upset Djoko too. It is just the way they both are playing at the moment that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. For some reason, Djoko's game is not even near his performance in 07 and 08. But so far, Djoko is doing better than 08 Wimbledon, but as a whole, in 09 he's not doing as well as the previous 2 years. His tennis is not as good. I would like it for him to player better so it will be more entertaining.

ESP#1
06-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Don't get so upset. Cahill simply gave his opinion. If you want rational, Fish is dangerous player, especially on fast surface. His game is actually on right at this moment. Whereas, Djoko is actually struggling with this game. Of course, by this time tomorrow, we will know for sure.

But if I am betting, I will bet Fish to upset Djoko too. It is just the way they both are playing at the moment that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. For some reason, Djoko's game is not even near his performance in 07 and 08. But so far, Djoko is doing better than 08 Wimbledon, but as a whole, in 09 he's not doing as well as the previous 2 years. His tennis is not as good. I would like it for him to player better so it will be more entertaining.

I thought Djoko played well on clay this year, the Madrid match with Nadal was a classic, he should've won that match, overall i think hes solid on grass, played well at queens last year made the semi of wimbly the year before, fish has never past the third round

JeMar
06-26-2009, 05:47 AM
You seem more annoyed at my thread than I am at his comments im just a person stating my opinion also so why dont you follow your on advice

Get over it

I'm not addressing you personally, I'm talking to all the people that got their panties in a bunch when Cahill finally said something that people disagree with. Don't think you're so important.

rod99
06-26-2009, 05:51 AM
terrible thread. move along, nothing to see here.

ESP#1
06-26-2009, 05:59 AM
terrible thread. move along, nothing to see here.

Almost as bad as the thread made by a guy trying to criticize another guys second language when he doesn't speak one himself. Arrogance like this is why many countries hate americans

TheTruth
06-26-2009, 06:05 AM
At their best?

Djokovic wins hands down.

Stupid prediction from Cahill.

MAX PLY
06-26-2009, 06:09 AM
The fact that folks are so charged by this tells me that Cahill is doing an awesome job! He is employed to give his opinions which naturally reflect his biases. That's why it is interesting-agree or disagree. The fact that he picked Fish outright is cool (irrespective of whether he is right or not)--there are plenty of other commentators who will give you "Well, Djokovic will win if . . . but if Fish does X, it could be hard time for the number 4, blah, blah, blah . . ." For Cahill to say, "Fish will win it because he's crushing the ball now [and typically some reasoned analysis for his opinion follows]" is fresh and interesting. And, for those who think the opinion is "crazy" I actually think he may be right about Marty--he's top 25 in singles and doubles right now--coming off a huge doubles victory, big serve, flatter strokes on grass--not a bad pick--biggest question will be his head and nerves.

I say, "irritate on Mr. Cahill!"--let's keep making this sport as interesting as possible.

rod99
06-26-2009, 06:16 AM
Almost as bad as the thread made by a guy trying to criticize another guys second language when he doesn't speak one himself. Arrogance like this is why many countries hate americans

it wasn't criticizing, it was asking a question. there is a big difference.

ESP#1
06-26-2009, 06:19 AM
The fact that folks are so charged by this tells me that Cahill is doing an awesome job! He is employed to give his opinions which naturally reflect his biases. That's why it is interesting-agree or disagree. The fact that he picked Fish outright is cool (irrespective of whether he is right or not)--there are plenty of other commentators who will give you "Well, Djokovic will win if . . . but if Fish does X, it could be hard time for the number 4, blah, blah, blah . . ." For Cahill to say, "Fish will win it because he's crushing the ball now [and typically some reasoned analysis for his opinion follows]" is fresh and interesting. And, for those who think the opinion is "crazy" I actually think he may be right about Marty--he's top 25 in singles and doubles right now--coming off a huge double victory, big serve, flatter strokes on grass--not a bad pick--biggest question will be his head and nerves.

I say, "irritate on Mr. Cahill!"--let's keep making this sport as interesting as possible.

I guess I can see this perspective, always thought it was Brads job to do this though, remember when Brad said Djoko would be number 1 before Nadal? At the time I thought that was pretty bold but understandable.

TheTruth
06-26-2009, 06:33 AM
It's just interesting, considering Novak has much greater career achievements, more experience, is higher ranked, and Mardy has never beaten Novak.

Just trying to figure out what Cahill based his prediction on?

Agree with the OP, Cahill is getting annoying.

MAX PLY
06-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Gilbert does it too and that's also why, in part, he is there (also, I think for some "cerebral analysis" as Gilbert was known as a smart player (a debate for another day) but has clearly been a pretty good coach). Cahill just expands the marketplace of ideas and opinions. In my view, the resources devoted to tennis coverage are just awesome--so much more input from so many more sources. We all have our favorites and those that irritate us (no, I will not say its MJF:)), but all in all, great for the sport.

ESP#1
06-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Gilbert does it too and that's also why, in part, he is there (also, I think for some "cerebral analysis" as Gilbert was known as a smart player (a debate for another day) but has clearly been a pretty good coach). Cahill just expands the marketplace of ideas and opinions. In my view, the resources devoted to tennis coverage are just awesome--so much more input from so many more sources. We all have our favorites and those that irritate us (no, I will not say its MJF:)), but all in all, great for the sport.

So I guess at the end of the day, its all good, its good that commentators make bold statements, its good that we get annoyed and make up threads and have these discussions, it shows we have our opinions and are passionate about the game.

Though sometimes i have an issue with the concept many tennis fans have of "its great for tennis" seems like we treat tennis like its a sick child or something and we have to promote its growth, personally I love tennis and enough people feel the same so it isnt going anywhere.

Not saying thats the way you see it, i have just noticed this within the tennis community.

Aabye
06-26-2009, 07:02 AM
So I guess at the end of the day, its all good, its good that commentators make bold statements, its good that we get annoyed and make up threads and have these discussions, it shows we have our opinions and are passionate about the game.

Though sometimes i have an issue with the concept many tennis fans have of "its great for tennis" seems like we treat tennis like its a sick child or something and we have to promote its growth, personally I love tennis and enough people feel the same so it isnt going anywhere.

Not saying thats the way you see it, i have just noticed this within the tennis community.

A lot of fans feel that tennis is treated like the red-headed stepchild of professional sports. In Europe, football is THE sport, and tennis takes a back seat. In the US, tennis isn't even on the map really unless it is the final of a major. Many here would like to see it get more coverage, and the only way networks will give it more air time is if the sport can start to get a similar following to football.

egn
06-26-2009, 08:57 AM
It's just interesting, considering Novak has much greater career achievements, more experience, is higher ranked, and Mardy has never beaten Novak.

Just trying to figure out what Cahill based his prediction on?

Agree with the OP, Cahill is getting annoying.

Cahill probably just based on the past week knowing him, because DJokovic has been looking shaky and inconsistent and is trying to call an upset because he has nothing better to do.

latinking
06-26-2009, 09:26 AM
How is he getting annoying? Cause he said something you don't want to hear? OMG how dare he!!!LOL.

He was right about Hewitt having a good chance to win. He was right about Karlovic having a good chance. He obviously knows his tennis. SO he says Fish has a good chance? Whats the big deal? If every commentator always picks the favourite how boring would that be?

ESP#1
06-26-2009, 10:20 AM
How is he getting annoying? Cause he said something you don't want to hear? OMG how dare he!!!LOL.

He was right about Hewitt having a good chance to win. He was right about Karlovic having a good chance. He obviously knows his tennis. SO he says Fish has a good chance? Whats the big deal? If every commentator always picks the favourite how boring would that be?

First Hewitt has won wimbly before and del potro has never done anything here so that is an understandable upset, and its not cause he said something i didnt want to here he predicted an upset a major uspet at that with a tone like he knew for a fact without justification, i just found that pretty annoying, im not even a huge djoko fan but i do respect his game

jamesblakefan#1
06-26-2009, 10:27 AM
First Hewitt has won wimbly before and del potro has never done anything here so that is an understandable upset, and its not cause he said something i didnt want to here he predicted an upset a major uspet at that with a tone like he knew for a fact without justification, i just found that pretty annoying, im not even a huge djoko fan but i do respect his game

BFD. Boo hoo. Stop making a big deal outta nothin. Just b/c every commentator doesnt kiss the top 4s arse, you wanna make a big deal and slight Cahill's credibility. Hes an analyst. If he thinks something could happen, he has the right to say it.

dsa202
06-26-2009, 10:33 AM
We'll just have to wait and see.

ESP#1
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
BFD. Boo hoo. Stop making a big deal outta nothin. Just b/c every commentator doesnt kiss the top 4s arse, you wanna make a big deal and slight Cahill's credibility. Hes an analyst. If he thinks something could happen, he has the right to say it.

I'm an analyst, and if I made picks like this guy i would lose my job, yea he has a right, and i have a right also, so why you hating on me?

Blinkism
06-26-2009, 11:32 AM
LOL @ Cahill trying to pass off Djokovic's match against Fish as "Djokovic playing BRILLIANTLY", when he knows he clearly now has to eat humble pie.

Djokovic did not even play 100% and he took that mug Fish out in straights.

Dutch-Guy
06-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Nole won in straight lol at Cahill.

angharad
06-26-2009, 11:34 AM
LOL @ Cahill trying to pass off Djokovic's match against Fish as "Djokovic playing BRILLIANTLY", when he knows he clearly now has to eat humble pie.

He said flat out that Djokovic had absolutely proved him wrong, what else is there to say?

ESP#1
06-26-2009, 11:37 AM
I rest my case,

i wish i would have seen him eat his words though:)

gj011
06-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Cahill eat your words now. Thanks.
I am glad yet another ESPN clown is proven wrong.

tangerine
06-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Precisely.

Djokovic was listless in the earlier rounds but played his best match yet today. He knew Fish was dangerous and he has problems with big servers. Today, it all clicked for Novak and Fish didn't have a plan B.

bolo
06-26-2009, 11:44 AM
well I think the guys in the studio were really taken aback when novak said something to the effect that he wasn't the favorite or was only a slight favorite in his match versus Fish.

ESP#1
06-26-2009, 11:47 AM
You can never write off a guy like djoko, he can show up and play at the highest level, he had a couple bad matches, but at his average hes still a better player then fish on a good day

tangerine
06-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I rest my case,
i wish i would have seen him eat his words though:)
Why would he eat his words? He made a reasonable prediction based on each player's performance so far this week, not because he was a fanboy hoping Djokovic would lose.

Blinkism
06-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Why would he eat his words? He made a reasonable prediction based on each player's performance so far this week, not because he was a fanboy hoping Djokovic would lose.

He was asked "any possible upsets tommorow" and he said, without hesitation, "Mardy Fish will beat Novak Djokovic"... and he didn't make any other predictions.

Clearly the guy's got more faith in Fish than Djokovic. Why? Who knows. Likes ESP said, Djokovic playing his so-so average game is still better than Fish playing his best.

ESP#1
06-26-2009, 11:55 AM

He had said it with such certainty, it even surprised Carillo and Mary Joe when he said it, so in that case you have to eat your words, you dont nessesarely have to be a fan boy to eat your words, if i make a decsion at work and it goes wrong i still have to eat my words, same applies

angharad
06-26-2009, 11:56 AM
He was asked "any possible upsets tommorow" and he said, without hesitation, "Mardy Fish will beat Novak Djokovic"... and he didn't make any other predictions.

Clearly the guy's got more faith in Fish than Djokovic. Why? Who knows. Likes ESP said, Djokovic playing his so-so average game is still better than Fish playing his best.

I believe he was asked more along the lines of "what's your pick for an upset tomorrow" - meaning what's the one most likely. He said today that he based that on both players level of play so far as well as their confidence levels going into this match. He also owned up to it, saying that he had been absolutely wrong.

VivalaVida
06-26-2009, 11:57 AM

hmm so you have never gotten any prediction wrong? :rolleyes: It is a prediction. You dont need to eat humble pie if you get it wrong.

VivalaVida
06-26-2009, 11:59 AM
yeah because he will come here and read your comment. :rolleyes: :lol:

Blinkism
06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
hmm so you have never gotten any prediction wrong? :rolleyes: It is a prediction. You dont need to eat humble pie if you get it wrong.

Well, I make predictions on TT... not national television.

Darren Cahill ate humble pie today. Let's all just accept it and move on.

tangerine
06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Clearly, Cahill was basing his opinion on Novak's lack of confidence of late and how Fish has pushed Djokovic hard before. When Cahill (or Gilbert or anybody else) comes out with a wrong prediction they admit they were wrong and move on. I've been watching Cahill on ESPN for years and I don't recall him having any anti-Djokovic bias in his comments. He's probably the least biased of all of them.

But it's funny how you guys take commentator's opinions about who will win or lose so personally. "Cahill's gonna eat his words!!!" :lol: You forget that they are the ones who've played the game and have coached pros. They are merely basing their opinions on recent performance, history, confidence, etc. Try not to take their professional predictions as a personal affront to your tennis heroes, you'll enjoy their fun banter a lot more.

VivalaVida
06-26-2009, 12:05 PM

doesnt matter. A predication is a predication. You are not required to get 100 percent of them correct. These guys are not fortune tellers. No need to eat "humble pie". We need to accept this and move on.

Dutch-Guy
06-26-2009, 12:06 PM

Why didn't he make the same prediction about Fed's shaky game at FO where in he was in deep trouble than Djokovic is now?

kanamit
06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
God, what a silly thread.

thejoe
06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm just pleased to see Djokovic playing incredible tennis again! Those first two sets were great.

ESP#1
06-26-2009, 12:09 PM

I agree, we stated our case, a majority disagreed with us, we proved a point so its time to move on:)

ksbh
06-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Yet another incident that vindicates my belief that Darren Cahill is a scu*mbag. This man will be doin us a great favor if he keeps his nonsense to himself.

allcourter2008
06-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Why didn't he make the same prediction about Fed's shaky game at FO where in he was in deep trouble than Djokovic is now?
Because Federer reached 15 of the last 16 slam finals, and Djokovic 0 of the last 5..

Dutch-Guy
06-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Because Federer reached 15 of the last 16 slam finals, and Djokovic 0 of the last 5..

Like i didn't know that.We're talking about their current performances.Fed was more in trouble in France than Nole is at Wimby.

allcourter2008
06-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Like i didn't know that.We're talking about their current performances.Fed was more in trouble in France than Nole is at Wimby.
The point is that Federer, even when not playing his best, almost never loses in slams before the SF.

Dutch-Guy
06-26-2009, 12:25 PM
The point is that Federer, even when not playing his best, almost never loses in slams before the SF.

Ok i'll give you that but i still think that Cahill shouldn't have written Nole off.Now he has to eat his words.

allcourter2008
06-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Ok i'll give you that but i still think that Cahill shouldn't have written Nole off.Now he has to eat his words.

Yeah it was a dumb statement. Picking Fish over Djokovic... :rolleyes:

kanamit
06-26-2009, 12:31 PM

So? A tennis professional made a bad prediction. Big deal. At least he doesn't eat his words as often some of the posters here do.

Dutch-Guy
06-26-2009, 12:50 PM
So? A tennis professional made a bad prediction. Big deal. At least he doesn't eat his words as often some of the posters here do.

Nole's results so far:
-QF AO
-SF Indian Wells
-Final Miami
-Final Monte Carlo
-Final Rome
-Win Serbian Open
-SF Madrid
-1/4 FO
-Final in Halle

What have Fish achieved so far?

So based in these results,i'd have given Nole the edge over Fish even if his game level has dropped.

kanamit
06-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Nole's results so far:
-QF AO
-SF Indian Wells
-Final Miami
-Final Monte Carlo
-Final Rome
-Win Serbian Open
-SF Madrid
-1/4 FO
-Final in Halle

What have Fish achieved so far?

So based in these results,i'd have given Nole the edge over Fish even if his game level has dropped.

Djokovic's level hadn't dropped "some." He lost shockingly at the FO and wasn't winning all that convincingly at QC or the early rounds of Wimb. Cahill went out on a limb and was wrong. Again, what's the big deal? Clearly the reasoning behind your prediction was different than Cahill's.

Cahill was wrong, but to reiterate, at least he's not wrong as often or as badly as so many of the posters here are.

Perseverance
06-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Djokovic isn't a top top grass court player and it is clearly his worst surface by a way, but he isn't going to be losing to players like Fish who are mediocre at best. I'm interested to see how far Novak will go this year, I honestly don't know how far he will go.