PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice this.

egn
06-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Did anyone notice the outside courts seem to be playing a bit faster and have usually more net game going on. I was watching the Levine match today a lot of S+V compared to the three main courts and there has been a good amount of net game going on at least in the outer courts..maybe it is just the matches I have seen there, anyone else noticing this.

shadows
06-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I've noticed that too, but I was thinking it might be the slightly higher camera angle rather than any difference in court speed?

ChanceEncounter
06-25-2009, 02:36 PM
I've noticed that too, but I was thinking it might be the slightly higher camera angle rather than any difference in court speed?
I don't think camera angles make the players come to the net more.

shadows
06-25-2009, 02:37 PM
oh I wasn't talking about that obviously, that's almost definitely down to the players out there, not the courts.

egn
06-25-2009, 02:38 PM
I am thinking the lower ranked players who are not as confident in their baseline game are more prone to try to take advantage of the grass and approach the net.

the camera angle could explain the court speed.

Kegzz
06-25-2009, 04:19 PM
I think that the newer players are more eager to unearth more aspects of their game to help them break into the higher ranks. It could also be that they try imitate the great players at Wimbledon like Sampras. No one goes to a GS, or any tournament to lost in R1/2/3. You go there to win, and they might feel that taking on the style of play that Sampras and other Wimbledon champions utilised could help them get deep into the draw.