PDA

View Full Version : Making a video!

pricey_aus
06-25-2009, 05:55 PM
OK, I know I do make alot of threads in the College discussion, but this should be my last one (hopefully).

I really need some advice on making a video for college coaches to watch, to maximise my chances of getting into the school.

I started applying last month and yeah I have got several emails back asking if I could make a video.

So, how should I go about this?

Cheers :)

dlesser13
06-25-2009, 06:03 PM
strokes/serves/volleys/footwork ,GPA, MATCH PLAY. that about sums it up. make sure you have different angles of each to get a good perspective, quality of college vids suffers because alot of people take it from one angle and you can't get any idea of what sort of shots they are actually producing.

pricey_aus
06-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks man. Im so nervous about it though! I want to play good in it, but I am psychin myself out already. aahh!

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER
06-25-2009, 07:11 PM
TENNISRECRUITING.com just put out a huge article on every aspect of producing your own video.
If you cannot pull it up right from their site, just send them an EMAIL to their CONTACT US site, and I'm pretty sure a guy like DALLIS OLIVER will send you a copy to your address, if you ask.

dallasoliver
06-26-2009, 04:16 AM
TennisRecruiting.net has posted a couple of articles on constructing tennis recruiting videos. Take a look at our "Recruiting 101" article index:

http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/articles/recruiting_101.asp

Usually our articles go through three stages: (1) they start off completely available to the public for 1-2 weeks, then (2) they are available with free registration, and finally (3) they require a Recruiting Advantage membership.

I have just made the two articles on video available with free registration until July 1. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Dallas

pricey_aus
06-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Dallas,

Thanks heaps for your help, your article's are great.

I am probably going to get out and film early next week, if you have time could you take a look at my video and tell me what you think?

Thanks

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER
06-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Sorry for suggesting out of turn what is available on TENNISRECRUITING.com

I'd like to re-state that anybody who is entering Junior year and wants to play college tennis, the annual sign up for TENNISRECRUITING.com is a bargan- And coaches across the nation really do use this site extensively.

Save your money from all those "recruiting advisors" nonscense.
TENNISRECRUITING.com has a great number of articles and support writers who show you EXACTLY how to "do it yourself" and with a little effort, the articles will lead you to the right level- fit.

I know I sometimes go overboard supporting this company, but "newby" players, and players not sure which way to proceed should be put informed.

BurghKing
07-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Thanks man. Im so nervous about it though! I want to play good in it, but I am psychin myself out already. aahh!

The nice things about a video is that you can edit/re-film portions that may not turn out how you want it. Since it is not truly "live" you can send your best highlights and leave out the forehand that gets shanked over the back drop :) Wait, that's my video...

pricey_aus
07-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Sorry to dig this up but I finally made my video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FeZN04Vdi8

cork_screw
07-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I would show a POV angle to show the pace and depth you're putting on the ball. I don't understand why people always leave out POV. That's always my favorite angle. Also play some points and show how good you are on your movement and how you can get to balls. Rallying is different than playing actual points.

TennisNinja
11-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi just a quick question, what is the opinion on having music in the background. I've seen videos with, videos without, and some with music only part of the time. What's recommended?

kimbahpnam
11-28-2010, 09:39 PM
I'd say no music when tennis is actually being played. If I was an recruiter I'd want to hear all the sounds including the ball strike and even grunts. Plus, it might not help playing a song the recruiter hates. If you want to put it in when you're speaking to the camera or other interview stuff I'd say that's okay, but can be cheesy

gino
11-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Checked the link... no video?!

TennisNinja
11-29-2010, 07:37 PM
I'd say no music when tennis is actually being played. If I was an recruiter I'd want to hear all the sounds including the ball strike and even grunts. Plus, it might not help playing a song the recruiter hates. If you want to put it in when you're speaking to the camera or other interview stuff I'd say that's okay, but can be cheesy

Yea I was leaning towards that. I think I'll just have it in intro and credits. Thanks.

BTW gino did you ever post a second vid?