PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP With Djokovic CC Genius!

vmosrafa08
06-26-2009, 07:57 PM
I just got my CC Geniuses in the mail, after I ordered a half size bigger. However, they are very stiff, not even close to the Barricade Vs. And the toebox has this weird curve that makes them very narrow. To make matters even worse, the plastic thing on the side is putting pressure on my feet. Problems: Narrow, plastic thing hurts, stiff in general.

For people who own the CC Genius, will they ever feel good? What is the break-in period? Does the plastic thing on the side ever feel better? Does the material on the outside of the shoe ever feel better, because it is very stiff when I walk and on the side of my foot. I don't know what to do!

Fedace
06-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow... i was going to get this shoe cause they told me that this model was MUCH better for wide feet. and it is supposed to be really good for high arch feet. but now it is making me think twice...

vmosrafa08
06-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Wow... i was going to get this shoe cause they told me that this model was MUCH better for wide feet. and it is supposed to be really good for high arch feet. but now it is making me think twice...

Yes, the CC Geniuses are very narrow, and they don't have any arch support... I would suggest another pair of shoes for you.

bhkimm
06-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Sorry since this isn't going to answer your question, but does the genius need to be bought half size larger?
I thought it was true fit?

star 5 15
06-27-2009, 11:38 AM
they fit the same as barricades as far as length goes. These shoes are very narrow though. I am a junior that is sponsored by adidas and I've had 4 or 5 pairs of these and yes the break in period sucks but give it about 5 or 6 practices. Then they are 100% better than barricades.

Team China
06-27-2009, 01:25 PM
The funny thing is that i sent in my limited edition all black barricades but i got these CC genius as my replacement pair which i thought was weird. Nevertheless i didn't complain about it and kept it.
The shoes felt narrow but they have a high arch which is a good thing for me.
The plastic thing at the side near the arch hurts a lot for me. Idk why but it seems like they put a right arch in those the left shoe. So you and i have the same problem. Also the material at the toe pinches my foots mostly the big toe.

But i think i got used to it after a few practice sessions but the problem still remains there and I can still feel it. Just try break it in and see how well it does after because it's performance is slightly better than the barricades. But if it still hurts your foot just buy another shoe.

vmosrafa08
06-27-2009, 03:45 PM
The funny thing is that i sent in my limited edition all black barricades but i got these CC genius as my replacement pair which i thought was weird. Nevertheless i didn't complain about it and kept it.
The shoes felt narrow but they have a high arch which is a good thing for me.
The plastic thing at the side near the arch hurts a lot for me. Idk why but it seems like they put a right arch in those the left shoe. So you and i have the same problem. Also the material at the toe pinches my foots mostly the big toe.

But i think i got used to it after a few practice sessions but the problem still remains there and I can still feel it. Just try break it in and see how well it does after because it's performance is slightly better than the barricades. But if it still hurts your foot just buy another shoe.

Does the plastic thing on the side loosen up after a while? After a couple of hours on the court is the pressure on the side of your foot gone? Because I'm deciding whether to use the shoes or return them.

roger nadal
06-28-2009, 05:23 AM
horrible shoe i got my warranty shoes after a month of owning them worst shoes ever do not buy

SempreSami
06-28-2009, 06:19 AM
That's a bit harsh just because your feet suck.

royer
06-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I bought a pair and am experiencing many of the same issues (primarily narrow fit and stiffness).

First of all, I usually buy Adidas shoes in a size 10. Great fit with the Barricades and the Accelerators, BUT with the CC Genius ... too small. I would highly suggest that anyone buying these shoes order them a half-size larger than what you normally wear. At first I thought the fit issue was just a matter of the instep/toe-box narrowness, but no ... they seem to run a bit smaller (in length) as well.

Having said that, I was very surprised at how narrow the shoes are in the instep/toebox area. Really a tight fit. I've worn them now a few times, and they do seem to be "loosening up" some, but they're still a bit narrow for my liking.

As far a stiffness ... yes, a longer break in time is required compared to the Barricades and Accelerators. After break in, I have liked the feel of the shoes (depite the narrowness issue). Good support and overall comfort.

Would I buy these shoes again? Probably not. The Barricades fit me better, and I REALLY miss the Accelerators. Loved those shoes! Too bad Adidas discontinued them.

bhkimm
06-28-2009, 09:18 AM
they fit the same as barricades as far as length goes. These shoes are very narrow though. I am a junior that is sponsored by adidas and I've had 4 or 5 pairs of these and yes the break in period sucks but give it about 5 or 6 practices. Then they are 100% better than barricades.

So I won't have to buy a half size bigger?

ci2ca
06-28-2009, 12:40 PM
These shoes feel terrible on your feet the first couple times. I have narrow feet and still experience the claws digging into my foot. AFter a couple times out on the court, they have loosened up nicely and I love them. I would recommend wearing them casually to teach or something before you play in them.

royer
06-28-2009, 01:43 PM
So I won't have to buy a half size bigger?

My advice? This is definitely a shoe you should try on before you purchase. As I mentioned in my earlier post, mine seem small (not only narrow, but short!).

Ano
06-28-2009, 09:39 PM
My advice? This is definitely a shoe you should try on before you purchase. As I mentioned in my earlier post, mine seem small (not only narrow, but short!).

Yes. I wore Barricade IV and V (size 9.5) without problem. But when I switched to CC genius size 9.5, my feet around the toe box got pinched and I got black toe nail on my right foot.

This shoe is narrow and short.

Shaolin
06-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Also having problem with the Genius. Have a pair of black ones and the side plastic support is torture, digging into my right foot/pinky toe area.

Going to send them back, adidas cant get away with putting out crap like this. Ive been wearing the shoes for months and they wont break in.

Switching back to Nike too.