PDA

View Full Version : Peterborough, ON

TheViking
06-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Hey all,

Looks like I'll probably be moving to Peterborough in september. Does anyone know how much tennis is going on there? How about any clubs to check out?

Thanks in advance!

certifiedjatt
06-29-2009, 03:18 PM
not much. i lived in kingston (pretty close) for a while, and there's one club (or 2 maybe). the level of competition there wasn't that high. so, peterborough may not be a competitive place for tennis. they do have a university there (trent, i think), so maybe you can find some people to hit with there (post some ads). just google for tennis clubs.

it won't be fun. unfortunately.ESPECILALY in the winter. i'm not sure if they'd even have indoor tennis. kingston had some, but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far away from downtown that it wasn't worth it. so, no tennis for about 5 or 6 months every year.

TheViking
06-30-2009, 04:32 PM
dayum! Man, that's bad news, but I do appreciate the info. Guess it'll have to be 1.5 hr drives back to toronto in the winter then.

TheShaun
06-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I lived in Peterborough for a little bit. I didn't really play tennis then so I wasn't on the look out for courts, but I don't remember seeing very many in the way of public one.

On another note - If you're of drinking age, make sure to go to the pigs ear tavern. And hot belly momma's on george street downtown is a great place for dinner.

TheViking
07-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the tips, Shaun. I'm way past drinking age, so I'll definitely check them both out.

Still looking for an apartment there, too. Any advice on which neighbourhoods to check-out or avoid?

Thanks!

TheShaun
07-03-2009, 12:26 PM
I lived in Charlotte towers which is right downtown. There are three buildings in that complex. i thought it was fine. walking distance to bars, restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacy across the street, underground parking. I'm sure there are a number of other places.

a great place for a weekend breakfast after a night at the pigs ear is the two fifty cafe. I think it's on sherbrooke st and it's super cheap.