PDA

View Full Version : Serena changed racquets again???

danniflava
03-25-2005, 11:51 AM
http://img116.exs.cx/img116/5253/serenawilliamsinstructsk5xk.jpg

aj_m2009
03-25-2005, 12:00 PM
I don't know, we will see when she plays at the nasdaq.

danniflava
03-25-2005, 05:24 PM
When she played ******vina earlier tonight, she was using the n3. Maybe she's just demoing the n5, or maybe she already uses it as a paintjob of the n3?

aj_m2009
03-25-2005, 05:27 PM
You're right, she could be in the process of demoing. We could always ask Wilson and see what they say.

tennissavy
03-25-2005, 08:10 PM
good luck asking wilson. They are going to tell you that she is playing with whatever they are having her "push" to the public. She uses the 6.4 hammer with powerholes at 12, 3 & 9 o'clock. Just look at close up images throughout the years- same racquet which is no longer available to the public. It is just re-painted to look like the models wilson is currently selling and of course weighted and balanced the way she wants it. Do some research on the threads and posts on this message board and look up images on the internet of serena that you can enlarge and you will see. It took me a long time but I finally uncovered the truth. The only thing that I am waiting to find out is her exact specs. Honestly, if you really want to buy what serena is using, try to find the 6.4 oversize with powerholes. Good luck though, I bought the last 3 frames out there, to my knowledge, and YES, it is a very forgiving racquet that serves really big when you weight it just right. Serena has lots of ability but she also has a very special racquet that allows her to hit that forcefully.

bc-05
03-25-2005, 08:38 PM
weird.. 6.4 hammer has a round beam her current racquet has a triangle beam.. what happened there?

bamboo
03-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Look at Getty images - there's definitely a Triad type of buffering between head of the racquet and handle. That wasn't there last year.

tennissavy
03-25-2005, 09:07 PM
It really could be the way it is painted to appear like a different shape. You can ask any knowledgable graphics person. However, let's say for the sake of argument that she is using a new frame with a different throat, she still has the powerholes at the already stated locations and none of the ncodes available to the public have them. I looked at one of the ncodes at sports authority and there were elongated grommets at 3 & 9 o'clock but not powerhole slots, which she has and the ncode at the sports authority had no elongated grommets at 12 o'clock. The 6.4 was the only 110" racquet that ever had the powerholes at the 3 locations. She used it to win the US Open in '99 (though I am sure hers was weighted more than stock 10.2oz.) and like most pros she has chosen to continue to use what has brought her to an elite level. Wilson has repainted it, though, over the years. Please do a detailed search of various images over the years and you will see it is a 6.4 with powerholes ( not just slightly elongated like on current ncode available to public), 18x19 string pattern (the 6.2 and H6 never had that pattern available to public).

bc-05
03-26-2005, 05:33 AM
ok (grrrrrrrrr)

danniflava
03-26-2005, 07:11 AM
I can't believe that this is even a question. No paint in the world can make the same racquet look that different. Sorry. No way, Jose.

I have Serena's Wimbledon Final in 2003 taped, and Serena's Australian Open Semifinal and Final in 2005 taped, and the racquets are totally different (at least in shape). The frame shape is totally different.

http://img201.exs.cx/img201/6214/524800225sk.jpg

There is no possible way that the racquet she used from 1999-2004 is the same as the racquet she's using in 2005.

aj_m2009
03-26-2005, 07:26 AM
It really could be the way it is painted to appear like a different shape. You can ask any knowledgable graphics person. However, let's say for the sake of argument that she is using a new frame with a different throat, she still has the powerholes at the already stated locations and none of the ncodes available to the public have them. I looked at one of the ncodes at sports authority and there were elongated grommets at 3 & 9 o'clock but not powerhole slots, which she has and the ncode at the sports authority had no elongated grommets at 12 o'clock. The 6.4 was the only 110" racquet that ever had the powerholes at the 3 locations. She used it to win the US Open in '99 (though I am sure hers was weighted more than stock 10.2oz.) and like most pros she has chosen to continue to use what has brought her to an elite level. Wilson has repainted it, though, over the years. Please do a detailed search of various images over the years and you will see it is a 6.4 with powerholes ( not just slightly elongated like on current ncode available to public), 18x19 string pattern (the 6.2 and H6 never had that pattern available to public).

So what is Henin-Hardenne using, she has power holes on her racket too?

aj_m2009
03-26-2005, 07:28 AM
I can't believe that this is even a question. No paint in the world can make the same racquet look that different. Sorry. No way, Jose.

I have Serena's Wimbledon Final in 2003 taped, and Serena's Australian Open Semifinal and Final in 2005 taped, and the racquets are totally different (at least in shape). The frame shape is totally different.

http://img201.exs.cx/img201/6214/524800225sk.jpg

There is no possible way that the racquet she used from 1999-2004 is the same as the racquet she's using in 2005.

I agree, there is no possible way.

danniflava
03-26-2005, 07:29 AM
I agree, there is no possible way.

ThankYOU!

http://webpages.charter.net/tennisfreak/spics/bandlomb043.jpg

This racquet that Serena used in April 2004 is not the same as the 2005 racquet.

tennissavy
03-26-2005, 05:49 PM
It doesn't matter if you agree or not, the fact is I have the last 6.4's that were out there and you will not be able to play with what serena is using as it is not available to the public. I believe she is still using the 6.4 but even if she switches, I'll be using the same racquet she used to win all those other grand slams. Of course, I'd love to know what her exact customization is of the racquet.

Yes, Henin-Hardenne is using a racquet with powerholes at 3&9 o'clock, 95" head. Of course, hers is unavailable to the public.

matchpoints
03-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Atleast she's consistent. Her racquet matches the size of her head and ***.

Man, that was so wrong on so many levels and just as funny.

zorg
03-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Where are these "power holes". Can someone show me a pic with them plz.

Fee
03-27-2005, 09:09 PM
That racquet she was using today is definitely something different. It is noticeably larger than other racquets. It's so big it looked like a cartoon racquet. Be interesting to see what Wilson tells us it is.

tedmeister
03-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Yes, Henin-Hardenne is using a racquet with powerholes at 3&9 o'clock, 95" head. Of course, hers is unavailable to the public.
http://www.henin-hardenne.be/bin/index.asp?lang=en&err=login

Be our guest at Justine's website and try looking for those powerholes :mrgreen: You'll probably find the Easter bunny first before you see any powerholes. Happy Easter!

federer_nadal
03-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Henin does not use power holes, look at this it is the 2nd on down on the left : http://www.henin-hardenne.be/bin/gallery_action.asp?lang=en

tennissavy
03-28-2005, 06:18 AM
Henin definitely had powerholes in her Htour racquet just look up the photos of all her grand slam victories. Also, I am not the only one who noticed them. Look up the threads on Henin on this message board too. Look up wtnphotos.com and you'll find photos of Henin's Htour with powerholes at 3 & 9 o'clock. While you are on the site look up serena too and all those grand slams were won with powerholes. However, some people, even when confronted with the evidence, will continue to deny so I am done responding to you. I know the truth but it is not so important to me that you accept it. All I know is ever since I grabbed a hold of Serena's frames I have a greatly improved game. Those powerholes make the racquet very forgiving and comfortable so I don't know why wilson won't make them for the public anymore. I am one of the lucky few.

danniflava
03-28-2005, 07:11 AM
It doesn't matter if you agree or not, the fact is I have the last 6.4's that were out there and you will not be able to play with what serena is using as it is not available to the public. I believe she is still using the 6.4 but even if she switches, I'll be using the same racquet she used to win all those other grand slams. Of course, I'd love to know what her exact customization is of the racquet.

There's nothing to agree on. Tennissavy, are you saying that Serena still uses the 6.4 w/ Powerholes? Or are you saying that she uses a n3 customized to what the 6.4 w/ Powerholes actually was? Because I would agree on the second one, but the mold of the racquet she used to use, and the mold of the racquet she uses now are totally different.

Rabbit
03-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Henin does not use power holes, look at this it is the 2nd on down on the left : http://www.henin-hardenne.be/bin/gallery_action.asp?lang=en

I have to agree. I looked at the pictures and it looks like a frame with regular grommets. Now what the specs of that frame are is probably unique to Henin, but I don't see any evidence in these pictures of Power Holes.

Serena also appears to have changed frames. The throat of the thing she's using now is so radically different from what she was using that I don't think there's a paint out there that could fake that.

rommil
03-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Looks like a kiddie racket...

aj_m2009
03-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Well, Wilson was the one who said that she had her rackets customized with power holes, I was just repeating what they said.

TennisNut57
03-29-2005, 04:32 PM
she's doing a session with little kids. Probably using a light, powerful frame so she does not have to swing hard. Most pros have a teaching frame and a playing frame. From the picture it looks like ther new Wilson nCode nVision. This is a Wilson "4" power frame.

bruinp
03-30-2005, 04:15 AM
off topic: @ Federer_Nadal: take a closer look at Henin's racket. Still using powerholes, just not visible on that picture.

http://www.justine-henin-hardenne.net/images/miami05_16.jpg

tennissavy
03-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Thank you Bruinp. However, even confronted with the evidence, some will not accept it due to blind stubborness.

lendl lives
03-30-2005, 02:36 PM
watching the two sisters play last night i started wondering if i should try their raquets out. i haven't seen any men play with them though. what do you all think?

aj_m2009
03-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Why would you start to wonder if you should use them?

Fee
03-30-2005, 03:00 PM
I think you would look silly with either of those racquets. They both look unusually large and unwieldy (Serena's looks even larger than Venus'). You'd be better off looking for a racquet that was suited to your game and skill level, not trying to buy something based on some pro's paintjob.

tennisadict
03-30-2005, 04:48 PM
that picture above looks like a junior raket

Andy Zarzuela
04-07-2005, 06:06 PM
http://img116.exs.cx/img116/5253/serenawilliamsinstructsk5xk.jpg

Richard uses that racquet. That might be his. I saw him holding that during Serena's and Venus' practice sessions at Amelia Island.
________
White Girls Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/white-girls/)

danniflava
04-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Richard uses that racquet. That might be his. I saw him holding that during Serena's and Venus' practice sessions at Amelia Island.

OK thanks Andy.