PDA

View Full Version : Thorlo: Totally Worth The Money

Cindysphinx
06-30-2009, 11:44 AM
I think I have finally solved my blister problem. I dropped some Serious Coin on Level 3 Thorlos, and I have managed to play three times without getting a blister on the ball of my foot. I still have to try them in a private lesson, as that is when I am most likely to develop a blister, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Funny thing. They say you may need to go up a size, but I didn't. They work fine with all of my shoes.

Thank goodness. Blisters are no fun at all.

Thanks to all of you for your recommendations!!!

maximo
06-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Glad to see its solved your blister problems. :)

Question, have you ever found that the Level 3's are a bit too thick?

My feet were steaming in those socks last time i worn them.

mrmo1115
06-30-2009, 02:05 PM
^^^

I'd have to say my only knock on Thorlo's are that they are just a bit too thick.

Cindysphinx
06-30-2009, 02:05 PM

Not so far. In fact, I was worried they might not be thick enough!

The reason is I have two kinds of orthotics. I have a full-sole one, but for some reason it makes the top of my foot ache for tennis but is great for running. So I also have a half-sole over-the-counter one. The trouble with that one is that the foot rests right on the bottom of the shoe because the orthotic stops short of the toe. So I need the thick sock to help with sliding around and to fill up that extra space.

My feet are complicated. But happy now, thanks to you guys! :)

iTennis
07-02-2009, 07:03 AM

Yeah level 3's were too steaming hot and slippery that caused blisters in my arch, never had this issue until I tried Level 3.....I switched back to good o' double cotton socks and problem went away. So it did not worth my money at all.

a-naik.1
07-02-2009, 08:23 AM
i just double bag my feet.

JavierLW
07-02-2009, 08:47 AM
i just double bag my feet.

I do that as well, but for the inner sock, I use sockliner's like what is sold for hiking:

http://www.amazon.com/Wigwam-Socks-CoolMax-Liner-Sock/dp/B000J4CODS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1246550058&sr=1-3

(they are really thin compared to a normal pair of socks)

remrusty
07-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Not so far. In fact, I was worried they might not be thick enough!

The reason is I have two kinds of orthotics. I have a full-sole one, but for some reason it makes the top of my foot ache for tennis but is great for running. So I also have a half-sole over-the-counter one. The trouble with that one is that the foot rests right on the bottom of the shoe because the orthotic stops short of the toe. So I need the thick sock to help with sliding around and to fill up that extra space.

My feet are complicated. But happy now, thanks to you guys! :)

hey just take your old orgininal sole, and cut it, so you can put in the top half. then you can still have the half orthotic.

a-naik.1
07-02-2009, 09:43 AM
yeah, i use dri-fit for the inner sock.

stanfordtennis alum
07-02-2009, 05:51 PM
great socks... the best socks out there for tennis!

robby c
07-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm having good luck with Thorlo 1 with Goldtoe reg cotton over it. The Thorlo's breathe good, but they're slippery. I still like cotton for the outer layer.
Layering gives me more fit options for different shoes.
Robby C

JaneLynne
07-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I was just going to ask what socks other ladies wore. Back in my old playing days I wore the Thorlo rolltop. When I started playing again last month, I couldn't find them and bought another brand but they keep sliding down into my shoe. Really annoying and causes blisters too.

Which ones are the Level 3 Thorlo?

TheShaun
07-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Cindy are you still wearing the Gel Resolutions? Were these causing the blisters?

ringer
07-05-2009, 07:48 AM
I was just going to ask what socks other ladies wore. Back in my old playing days I wore the Thorlo rolltop. When I started playing again last month, I couldn't find them and bought another brand but they keep sliding down into my shoe. Really annoying and causes blisters too.

Which ones are the Level 3 Thorlo?

Thorlos come in a level 3 roll top for women. They even have colors now. They are my favorites. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageTHORLO-TL3T.html

The micro mini works, too.

There is a Thorlo outlet off I-77 near Statesville, NC (about 45 mins north of Charlotte). You should check it out if you are ever in that area.

JaneLynne
07-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks Ringer. I looked on their website but didn't find those. Wish I lived near NC.

JaneLynne
07-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Ringer, do you find any difference in them after washing? I recently bought some sports socks that were soft to the point of sliding inside my shoes, but after washing, they feel much better. I wish I had kept the package to see what they are made of.

Lex
07-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Thorlos are totally worth the extra $$$$.

I was a competitive (NCAA D1) Track athlete before playing tennis for recreation. I always used Thorlos (for racing, training) and never had a problem with blisters (like I did with cotton sox).

They do give you the "hot foot" but it's worth the trade-off.

Turn them inside out when you wash and dry them...good to go!!!!

ringer
07-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Ringer, do you find any difference in them after washing? I recently bought some sports socks that were soft to the point of sliding inside my shoes, but after washing, they feel much better. I wish I had kept the package to see what they are made of.

I usually wash them first anyway. Things always feel funny to me when they are knew - kinda slick feeling - thats not a good feel for socks.

bertrevert
07-10-2009, 05:43 AM
They reduce impact. Sure the shoe does the majority of that, however the Thorlos cushion the foot noticeably, it's an additional side benefit.

And the reinforced toes do a good job of damping down black toenail fever.

Sweat absorbtion is also up in the Thorlos, which is nec in the heat, sure they are hotter spots, however they've never just become wet bags on my feet they seem to be aerated just fine.

myservenow
07-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Michael Jackson wore Thorlos. Really.

I saw an auction site a few days after his death had MJ's sequined socks for sale. They were white socks with sequins sown in covering the entire sock except for the foot. On the bottom of the foot you could clearly see the Thorlo brand name. The socks were selling for around $3,000 if I remember.

I had never heard of that brand of sock until then. When I saw the name in the subject of this message I was like, "Where have I heard of that before?" I just remembered: MJ.

Question: Do Thorlo wearers playing tennis find it is easier to Moonwalk during the changeover?

maximo
07-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Question: Do Thorlo wearers playing tennis find it is easier to Moonwalk during the changeover?

HAHA!!!!!!

That made me laugh soo hard!! :lol:

On a serious note, were the MJ Thorlo's you saw on the auction site Level 1,2 or 3??