PDA

View Full Version : most cushioned shoes ever made?

crazy swinger
06-30-2009, 12:41 PM
I think asics are the most cushioned. The velocitys are nice.

nocompromise2009
06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
yeah asics are nice but i wear Adidas Court Ace shoes(got them for free haha) and they are pretty comfortable and very well cushioned.

JSE
06-30-2009, 04:32 PM
The Prince MC4 is by far the most cushioned "tennis" shoe I have worn. The Asics, Nike and Addidas "cusioned" models are not even close. IMO of course. I have tried them all.

T1000
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
asics and yonex

Fedace
06-30-2009, 04:54 PM
asics and yonex

LOL... YONEX has the thinest cushion out there. It is nothing more than a Glorified padding. I am quoting "Tennis Magazine".

most cushioned is NIKE Air max breathfree 2.

1st Seed
06-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Those of you who have had them will back me up.
RBK Match Day Pumps.Built with pillows

vbranis
06-30-2009, 05:36 PM
asics and yonex

I agree, Asics and Yonex are the most cushioned.

Source: I have worn several models of both brands and was consistently impressed with their comfort and cushioning.

BreakPoint
06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
I find shoes with too much cushioning actually hurt my knees, like the Reebok Match Day Pumps did - way too much cushioning for me.

I think what happens is that when I pound my feet, my feet sinks into the thick cushioning and causes me to slightly lose my balance so I put extra stress on my knees as they try to stabilize the rest of my body. After a while of this, my knees start to hurt. That's why I think there needs to be a fine line between stiffness (support) and cushioning (comfort) in a tennis shoe. I've never had my knees ache with Nike BFII's.

txarod33
06-30-2009, 07:37 PM
babolat propluse 1 or 2
its like having pillows on your feet!

goosala
06-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Prince T-20's are really cushioned, like walking on marshmallows.

Muse
06-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Those of you who have had them will back me up.
RBK Match Day Pumps.Built with pillows

I second that. There's a reason why they're so damn heavy.

atennisrand
07-01-2009, 03:44 AM
For me it has to be the Prince mv4's, look sweet and are really soft.

rasajadad
07-01-2009, 04:50 AM
Tretorn had a shoe out in the 70's that was the softest by far. I remember being able to hole them out in one set on a hardcourt. But damn, they were mushy.

featherlight
07-01-2009, 06:05 AM
the asic gel resolution has good cushioning

stapletonj
07-04-2009, 04:28 PM
OMG, I rememeber that mushy tretorn!
And the superlight bata shoe too!

We actually called the factory and convinced them we were a small tennis shop and got a great price on two cases of the shoes. We went through about a pair a week, but got such a great deal on the price it was actually cheaper than buying nike every six weeks or so.

snoopy
07-04-2009, 04:39 PM
For me it has to be the Prince mv4's, look sweet and are really soft.

I found the MV4s to have a really firm sole that bothered my knees.

LOL... YONEX has the thinest cushion out there. It is nothing more than a Glorified padding. I am quoting "Tennis Magazine".

The 304s may not have thick cushioning but I find them surprisingly comfortable. I have not had any issues with them other than finding them slightly too long for my foot.

Ronaldo
07-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Anyone remeber the Nike Air max series or the old Nike Resistance shoe? Have a pr 15 yrs old and it still has better cushioning than any shoe I've worn lately.

Capt. Willie
07-04-2009, 08:39 PM
The most cushioned shoe I ever had was the adidas A3 Forefoot (I think that was the name). They were out about 6 or 7 years ago. The durability was very bad,

Ronaldo
07-04-2009, 08:58 PM
The most cushioned shoe I ever had was the adidas A3 Forefoot (I think that was the name). They were out about 6 or 7 years ago. The durability was very bad,

Felt great initially. But played on har-tru, like walking on a sandy beach.

goober
07-05-2009, 06:29 AM

No you're not. If you are going to say you are quoting somebody where is the exact quote? You are paraphrasing. Not only that your paraphrase changed the meaning of what Tennis magazine was trying to say.

The Power Cushion 305 has the same cosmetics and makeup in the men’s and women’s models. It has the look and feel of a sturdy shoe, yet it’s surprisingly light. Power Cushion technology (padding, essentially) in the heel and forefoot provides shock absorption and comfort. The combination of a roomy toe box with a narrower heel and instep (dubbed the Super Ergoshape) is designed to add comfort and a snugger fit. We found the support and cushioning features to be a bit more exceptional than our weartesters did, but we agreed with them that the Power Cushion 305 could use better ventilation.

So let's see you got the quote wrong and in their comments they in fact found the cushioning a bit more exceptional than the weartesters. That is very far away from the "thinest cushion out there"

Keep up the scholarly work.:cool:

schap02
07-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Asics GR-IIs are great
Recently purchases the speed Diadoras - havent tried em yet

Drop Shot 11
07-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Nike, Air Max Breathe Free II