PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: a donated tennis racq for a boy

rfwalker
06-30-2009, 03:01 PM
hi all, I am a friend to some mexicans and bring them to church
and try to help them out and all. there are 2 boys that are brothers
and have taken a liking to tennis, I gave eone of them my old head ti radical last night but when I tried to repair my old dunlop revelation for the other boy, , hmm, not a pretty sight, its beyond repair. does anyone have an old stick they could donate? I'll pay shipping of course

thanks

TMR
07-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I have a Wimbledon Super Boron 4 5/8 I can send you for $15 shipped. pics available.
Also have a Head Graphite Tech XL for $10 shipped.
Both for $20 shipped.
ahanesthesiaa at gmail dot com

rfwalker
07-01-2009, 07:21 PM
any others, the frip will be to big and the other too long
this boy is only 8 so need a conventional stick

rfwalker AT hotmail DOT com

thanks

TMR
07-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Wilson T2000 $15 shipped
Prince Classic $15 shipped
Prince Pro $15 shipped
all three for $30 shipped

rqtguy
07-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Will send it to you for $15.00 Shipped.

Very good racquet for youngster that is 8-10 years old.
It is in very good condition and strung.
Send me a note via email

jwkeating at sbcglobal dot net.

plasma
07-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a puma junior racquet I will send for free, I'll even cover shipping. I'ts such a cool racquet I've though of putting an adult grip on it and using it myself, but I knew there was a kid out there who needed it...danielrauch72@yahoo.com

rfwalker
07-21-2009, 08:05 AM
I had asked for some donated racquets and daniel said he
had some to give to the mexican kids, and boy did he, he went out
and bought brand new ones, the brothers were very excited

here is an action photo after we got back from church this last sunday.

I told cesar, (the bigger boy)

"Cesar, show me an overhead".
"Stop!!!!!!!!!!, Noooo, Wait!!!!!!"
"I don't mean hit miguel over the head"

ahhh, kids. I love em

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6433/miguelandcesar.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/i/miguelandcesar.jpg/)

if there are any other donations, I have more kids that would love to have a stick to play in thier culdesac.

daniel, no more from you :-)
you have been very generous, the boys told me to thank you

MethodTennis
07-22-2009, 02:23 PM
how do we know you dont just want a tone of rackets to sell on the bay for $10 a peice

skraggle
07-24-2009, 10:37 AM
how do we know you dont just want a tone of rackets to sell on the bay for $10 a peice

Yuck, dude. Really uncool thing to say in an uplifting thread...

some6uy008
07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
how do we know you dont just want a tone of rackets to sell on the bay for $10 a piece

Because it's a hassle selling junk rackets on ****. If you factor in shipping, **** fees, paypal fees, in the end you hardly make anything.

I understand the skeptic in you, but sometimes it's probably better to not voice certain thoughts in certain places. Esp. if it's not hurting anyone.

Team_Volkl
07-24-2009, 06:06 PM

Dude, these are old junk racquets. What other use would the OP have for them? He couldn't even make 2 bucks off them. Sure, sometimes I think like you about issues like these, but this one is as harmless as they come.

rfwalker
08-15-2009, 06:31 PM
thanks for the support all, I understand the skepticsim, but I give out my #, email, take pics of the kids after giving the m the stick, not sure what else I could do to assure you they are going to a good cause. anyhow, I'll have to see if some other kids would like some. I mean these kids have nothing, daddy or mommy have no car, they are stuck in they're apartment complex 24x7 365 days a year, then because they are poor, you should see the crap they eat, I mean fruity pebbles for supper. It is heart breaking, I have taken 4 families under my wing and trying my best to make thier lives better than If no one ever reached out to them. I tell them God loves them and show them God loves them by showing them that I love them. I can't even express how much I love these kids now.

take care all

rfwalker at hotmail dot com
if you want to reach me

LanEvo
08-17-2009, 05:51 PM
hey,

i got about 4 or 5 old racquets just sitting around, if u pay shipping, ill send them on over, my email is ryanc282002@yahoo.com

MethodTennis
08-20-2009, 12:15 PM
look im sorry to be a sceptic its justyou know its a very good idea if you did want to make a few bucks