PDA

View Full Version : Tennis and Business

T1000
07-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Hey guys!

I've done some research but want some other people's insights. I'm a decent player and I want to play college tennis. I'll post a video if I can sometime, but I don't have access to a camera right now.

I'm looking at:
-Fordham
-Villanova
-Bryant

Those are my top 3 schools right now. I also want to go to a college with a good undergrad business school. That would be my first goal, playing tennis would be a very nice bonus. I trying to stay within five hour driving range of southern ct. any help would be appreciated. I'm going to look this summer.

nocompromise2009
07-01-2009, 05:48 PM
this is like my law and tennis thread hah

Lehigh University and Pitt have nice business schools

tennismom42
07-01-2009, 06:18 PM
if you don't already have one, set up a free account with collegeboard. com

Do your college search there. Clicking on "tennis" and then choosing, Div I, II, II is the next question on the search engine.

collegeboard.com is probably one of several college-search websites that your HS guidance counselor has listed for rising seniors.

The result of the search will find great school possibilities for you, where you can get the education field you seek + play tennis.

tennisnoob2
07-29-2009, 07:01 PM
idk from what i've heard(this is for football at least) if you a play a sport in a decent college they usually wont let you take a major that has a lot of credits or has limited slots. You would have to be very good academically for them to let you take business and play tennis.

gl tho

techtennis
07-31-2009, 08:21 PM
I think a lot depends on your grades and tennis ability. Fordham's tennis team is significantly weaker than at Villanova and Bryant. You may want to consider some D3 schools in the area if your tennis is not strong enough.