PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in Mexico- two questions

lhstennis12
07-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Firstly, I have seen mixed answers on this- if I am flying American Airlines from Indianapolis to Dallas to Cancun, will I have to check my racquet bag? Can't have my babies in cargo.

Second, we will be staying in Cancun and I was wondering: what type of courts are usually found in that area? Clay? Hardcourt?

Thanks!

lhstennis12
07-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Bump

10char

ollinger
07-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Hard courts. Bring a gun and surgical mask to the courts, as getting kidnapped by drug traffickers and getting swine flu are two popular pasttimes in Mexico.

momtogrif
07-09-2009, 09:27 PM
We are going to Cancun in October and plan on bringing our racquets. You'll find a mix of courts in Mexico, both hard court and clay....oh, and that turf crap that has the dirt on it...what's that called? We played on that in Cabo 2 years ago. Anyway, we'll be staying at the Ritz Carlton where there is a Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center and I believe they are hard courts.

Our best tennis vacation we've had in the past was at the Ritz on Grand Cayman. They have clay courts, grass courts, and hard courts and a great tennis staff. Let us know how the trip goes!