PDA

View Full Version : College club tennis

Ambivalent
07-02-2009, 11:01 AM
I will be attending IU-Bloomington in the fall. Although i am not good enough to play on their D1 team, i hope to play club tennis. What level should you be to show up for club tennis and not look like a complete idiot?

stanfordtennis alum
07-02-2009, 04:29 PM
should be around a 4.5 or so... not quite sure what the IU- bloomington team is like but anywhere between 4.0-5.0 is good enough

Toad
07-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I am around a high 4.5 low 5.0 and I am one of the better players on my club tennis team (WashU). I would say the majority of people are in the low to mid 4.5's for the guys and 4.0's for the girls, but if you are at least a 4.0 you can probably hold your own on the club team...just may not get to play in matches much. I wouldn't worry to much about looking stupid...club tennis is more about having fun than being cutthroat competitive...although I am probably more of the second variety.

Hey, Moe!
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I am familiar with another club team at a Big 10 school (the one with the old football coach).

Toad is pretty much on the money with his comments.

However, don't be afraid to give it a try in any case. It is a great outlet for a lot of pretty decent tennis players.