PDA

View Full Version : Air Max Breathe Cage IIs vs Barricaide Vs

NadalFan1990
07-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I have worn through 2 pairs of the Barricade Vs each lasting about 7 months
I have been thinking about getting the Breathe Cage IIs for a lighter shoe. I was wondering if any of you would know how the two compare in terms of:
-cushioning
-heel/ankle support
-weight
-fit for slightly wider feet
-how one's foot fits in shoe with an ankle brace (I use ASO on both ankles)

Thanks in advanced

mrmo1115
07-03-2009, 08:07 AM
I like the Cage IIs > Barricade Vs.

I fell in love w/ the BV's , but I started to drift away from them, now I hardly use my only pair.

Booyah
07-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Here's what I think:

Both are great shoes by the way, just some differences.

cushioning: Cage IIs> Barricade- Nike tends to lean towards comfort

heel/ankle support: Barricade>Cage II- I feel the barricade offers more support for its stiffer design.

weight: Cage II> Barricade- Besides the one ounce difference, cage feels quicker.

Fit for wider feet: Barricade>Cage II

How one's foot fits in shoe with an ankle brace: I don't wear ankle braces but speaking from someone who does the Cage II seems to offer the space, and may be better since barricades are meant to fit like a glove.

The reason I prefer barricades is the wide feet fit and durability, but they each are great shoes.

Dags
07-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Cushioning: I don't think there's much in it.

Heel/ankle support: The Cage IIs fit tighter around the ankle and heel. I found my foot sliding around a bit in the BVs.

Weight: BVs are noticably heavier.

Fit for slightly wider feet: BVs have more room in the toe-box. I don't find the Cages particularly narrow, but they are a snugger fit: if I compare them to my Asics, on those my little toe visibly stretches the leather upper, which does not happen with the Cages. However, I can wiggle my toes in the BVs, which I can't really do in the Cages.

Ankle brace: I've never worn one, but would think there is more room for one in the BVs as-per my comment on the heel/ankle support.

Both shoes were comfortable when I tried them on, but the Barricades were disappointing on court. They felt far more cumbersome, and my foot didn't feel secure when changing direction.

In case you haven't spotted it, there's an inconsistency in sizing between Adidas and Nike. My Cages claim to be UK 9 and EUR 44. My Barricades are UK 9.5 and also EUR 44. Fortunately I was able to try them on before buying so that I could check I had the right size. If you're wondering why I didn't drop half a size in the Barricades given that I've said it has a wider toe-box and ankle area, it's because of the length.

reesespiecestennis
07-03-2009, 05:26 PM
thanks for comparing.. I've been thinking about trying barricades, but my heels are narrow and my midfoot is narrow and my breathe cage 2's fit almost perfect. I think I'll keep using them.

CrispyFritters
12-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Got a followup question on this topic.

How do the relative sizes of of the BC II compare to barricade Vs?

I wear an 8.5 Barricade 5 with 2 pairs of socks. It's definitely a snug fit. I have wide feet and the outside edge of my foot (from below the pinkie toe to the middle of the foot) sometimes aches.

I'd like to try the Breath Cage IIs, but I'm wondering if I should stick with the 8.5 or go up in size to 9. Any thoughts?

Thanks