PDA

View Full Version : barricade II or prince mv4? If you know any info of any shoe, please review

indianbryant
07-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Through coupons and deals, I am able to get both of these tennis shoes for $60. The barricade II are in red,black, and white (if that matters, I don't know what version they are). If you can please compare both shoes, are give a review of either shoe, I would greatly appreciate it.

dincuss
07-03-2009, 09:19 AM
I dont know the prince MV4, but the Barricade II's are an excellent shoe, except for ankle support and weight, Theyre fairly heavy

tomas9848
07-03-2009, 09:32 AM
barricades!!!!!

robby c
07-03-2009, 10:20 AM
What's your foot type. I have high arches and wide feet. The Barricades killed my toes due to the low height of the toe box.
The soles were comfortable for hardcourts. Just didn't fit me well. If you are a neutral to flat foot type they should work fine.
I'm wearing Kswiss UltraAscenders and Prince Viper V. Both in the mid for secure lacing.
Robby C

gocard
07-03-2009, 10:57 AM
MV4s are light and flexible requiring very little break in time. I wore them for maybe 30 minutes prior to playing for 2 hours. I haven't had them for too long so can't comment on durability but I generally don't wear out my shoes that quickly.

All in all a comfortable shoe - I imagine it would be a lot lighter than the Barricades so it would depend on your preferences. I have the Barricade V's but don't like them quite as much since I tend to gravitate towards the lighter flexible shoes. Barricades feel too stiff and clunky for me especially in the summer time.

JLBAYERR
07-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Have had the MV4s for my past two shoes. In terms of durability, I played half a season of high school competitive tennis 5 days/week before the soles wore through so Id have to say durablity is a little above average. One VERY IMPORTANT thing is to make sure you get a colorway that has the Goodyear outsoles. If you get a pair with the regular Prince outsole durability will be poor. I believe the black and blue colorways have the Goodyear outsoles. Hope that helped.

phucng_10
07-03-2009, 07:40 PM
barricades!!!!!

I second that just because I have one. :wink: